PDA

View Full Version : Board Games - Which one is your favourite?

clarer0110
18th September 2009, 12:06
We were at Mums a few weeks ago having a bbq party for DS2 who turned 3. After we had eaten all the food, Mum brought out 2 games for us to play - the original Operation and Buckaroo. My boys are 3 and 7 and they loved them. When me and my sister were younger, every Christmas, Mum and Dad would buy us a board game each and Mum still has them in her loft!! Many of them are making a comeback but it brought back such great mnemories when we were playing them and I try to get the boys a board game each for Christmas now as well but they are not as good as when I was a little girl.

In Mum's loft were:
Operation
Buckaroo
Frustration
Monopoly
Game of Life
Computer Battleships
Guess Who
Downfall
Connect 4
Don't tip the waiter
Hungry Hippos
Mr Pop
Build a better burger
Mousetrap
Scrabble
Pictionary
Atmosfear (you had to watch a DVD at the same time as playing)
Ghost Castle
Perfection

Am sure there were more but can't remember them!!

On seeing these games again, I was like a kid in a sweet shop and wanted to play all of them!!

What was/is your favourite board game and do you still play it? :)

britchic4
18th September 2009, 12:08
I liked Othello. Could probably still play it but now hate most board (bored) games with a passion. Have to grit my teeth to play Monopoly with my son.

addictedtosaving
18th September 2009, 12:10
Not a board game but I used to love Ker-Plunk. I also used to like Guess Who.

clarer0110
18th September 2009, 12:26

Oooh, forgot Kerplunk! That was in the loft as well:rolleyes:

Vallich
18th September 2009, 12:27
We were at Mums a few weeks ago having a bbq party for DS2 who turned 3. After we had eaten all the food, Mum brought out 2 games for us to play - the original Operation and Buckaroo. My boys are 3 and 7 and they loved them. When me and my sister were younger, every Christmas, Mum and Dad would buy us a board game each and Mum still has them in her loft!! Many of them are making a comeback but it brought back such great mnemories when we were playing them and I try to get the boys a board game each for Christmas now as well but they are not as good as when I was a little girl.

In Mum's loft were:
Operation
Buckaroo
Frustration
Monopoly
Game of Life
Computer Battleships
Guess Who
Downfall
Connect 4
Don't tip the waiter
Hungry Hippos
Mr Pop
Build a better burger
Mousetrap
Scrabble
Pictionary
Atmosfear (you had to watch a DVD at the same time as playing)
Ghost Castle
Perfection

Am sure there were more but can't remember them!!

On seeing these games again, I was like a kid in a sweet shop and wanted to play all of them!!

What was/is your favourite board game and do you still play it? :)

Oh, that takes me back. Out of the games that I had I would either have to say Monopoly or Perfection.

Though I always wanted Mousetrap - One of my friends had it.

clarer0110
18th September 2009, 12:27

Oooh, forgot Kerplunk! That was in the loft as well:rolleyes:

And was Yahtzee.

microjan
18th September 2009, 12:36
Articulate, play it every xmas, hillarious after a bit of baileys etc.
Still have Atmosfear with VHS and DVD, still love playing these, i always seem to get called the old maggot !!!!!

thetrushells
18th September 2009, 12:42
perfection was good and does anyone remember the game called SORRY.i find a lot of the old games at car boots and we all love playing them,also just remembered shut thebox lol

Zaul
18th September 2009, 12:47
Oh I remember Sorry and had quite a few of those and I had Kerplunk too.Great game but took hours to set up and seconds to dismantle.Really annoying to them listening-I know that now as picked one up in a charity shop for DD a while back.Guess where its gone now?Yep-Back to a charity shop ;)

holliemon
18th September 2009, 12:50
Game of Great Britain. I still have that together with original monopoly, cludeo

Millionaire which was my mums as a girl

Also got my spirograph - and the drawings I made with it

angelic
18th September 2009, 14:11
Still have original and Malaysian Monopoly here, Cluedo and Frustration.

My all time favourite was Mousetrap :D

uklego
18th September 2009, 14:23
Escape from Colditz
Risk
221b Baker Street
Yes we still play them :D

tyroleandancer
18th September 2009, 15:02
Othello and chinese checkers :D

arniep
18th September 2009, 15:27
My faves are: Yahtzee, Rummikub and Monopoly

tyroleandancer
18th September 2009, 15:31
My faves are: Yahtzee, Rummikub and Monopoly

Forgot Rummikub :)

sparkles123
18th September 2009, 18:26
I love Yahtzee! :D

Addy
18th September 2009, 19:23
I love Yahtzee! :D

Met my hubby playing online Yahtzee, so have to say I love it too :D

sparkles123
18th September 2009, 22:05
Met my hubby playing online Yahtzee, so have to say I love it too :D

Awh ... :love:

princesskerry
18th September 2009, 23:59
I have always really liked Risk too.

missstroppy
19th September 2009, 00:29
Yahtzee
Risk
Boggle
AND my abs fave ....Super 3 ..... Does anyone else remember that game??

FastlaneJo
19th September 2009, 04:21
Monopoly, I have 4 or 5 Special Editions.
Frustration & Game of Life.
Oh still love scrabble too!

VALM
19th September 2009, 08:56
I used to love Game of Life and the Mastermind series (had a few variations) (though not strictly a board game) when I was younger.

We play board games with my daughter whose 11 - last night played Cluedo (the newer version which was a bargain that I picked up from Sainsbury's for about 4.00)and play Monopoly a lot (though we have the Disney Pixar one). Must get hold of Game of Life for her.

imadoofus
19th September 2009, 09:19
We love Rummikub, Disney Trivial Pursuits, Cadoo and Challenj. Great family fun, has us in fits of laughter every time.

*debbie*
19th September 2009, 09:42
Does anyone remember Don't Miss The Boat? I remember buying it for 5p at a fair when I was a kid, we have 'borrowed' it from Mum & Dad and my kids love it.

Ladyshopper
19th September 2009, 09:48
Like monopoly. Always wanted Mousetrap, and it is good, but setting up the stuff is a faff.

Also used to enjoy Game of Life, and a game called (I think) totopoly or something similar, which was a horse racing based game and really good.

arniep
19th September 2009, 10:39
I have always really liked Risk too.

If you like risk, Mr T's are selling transformers risk for 6.7x can't remember the actual price. They have loads in and just can't seem to shift them. I'd love to get it but my other half won't play :(

fairygirl
19th September 2009, 15:44
Always loved mousetrap, then bought the new version for my nephew a few years back it was so bloomin hard to set up we gave up! lol
I've re brought a lot of my old faves including Game of Knowledge which i stumbled on at a car boot, it's kind of a family trivial pursuit and the bored is the universe, loved that so much as a kid, and me and OH still regularly play Yahtzee