PDA

View Full Version : Why do Men always have to feel the Sickest...

Mamzie
22nd September 2009, 15:08
I am sorry, I am feeling really sorry for myself.

I feel soooo lousy, just 2 really bad nights with sickie kids, feel really rough myself with this flu... Dh went off to work last night, and has just got up saying he thinks he has a really bad case of it!!! MEN

How does he think me, Catrina and Llewellyn have been feeling???

And something weird is happening with the Kinder Votes in these last few weeks as well...

clarer0110
22nd September 2009, 15:14
Oh Mamzie, sorry to hear you are not well xx

It's awful as us women have to carry on as normal and still do everything. I don't know about in your house, but in mine, the boys and OH expect me to be full of tea and sympathy but I am too busy doing everything!!

Hope you are feeling better soon xx A big big hug to you xx

Grace & Favour
22nd September 2009, 15:17
Fundamentally, Mamzie - it's because the average male of our species is a sensitive soul - - ever-aware of the needs of others, artistic and responsive - males are acutely attuned to the needs of their body

markat
22nd September 2009, 15:23
we are just rubbish - simple as.

addictedtosaving
22nd September 2009, 15:24
I hope you feel better soon Mamzie. Take care. x

microjan
22nd September 2009, 15:33
Fundamentally, Mamzie - it's because the average male of our species is a sensitive soul - - ever-aware of the needs of others, artistic and responsive - males are acutely attuned to the needs of their body

:doglaugh::doglaugh::doglaugh:

more like 'fetch me, carry me, feed me'

we have a cold, men have the flu
we have the flu men have the plague :D

My DH just takes to his bed for days.

Hope you feel better Mamzsie

Mamzie
22nd September 2009, 15:38
ohh MicroJan, that is fab, really sums up my dh.

You lot are great, xxx

Serialdieter
22nd September 2009, 15:43
hope you and the littlies are feeling better soon mamzie

microjan - do you know my dh then?

Mrs Lady C
22nd September 2009, 17:18
Sorry to hear you have flu mamzie :hug: it must be terrible now your oh has gone and got the man flu. :rolleyes: I know the feeling as I went through an identical experience with my family only 3 weeks ago, why oh why do men always suffer so much more than us woman? :der:

microjan
22nd September 2009, 20:15
hope you and the littlies are feeling better soon mamzie

microjan - do you know my dh then?

No hun its just that most ( notice i said not most not all) males of the species are the same :D

uklego
22nd September 2009, 21:04
Move up Mamzie - can I join you for sympathy? I'm in bed now with a full on head cold and a tissue permanently attached to my nose

mummum123
22nd September 2009, 21:11
well my dh is exactly like this too, no idea when the rest of us are feeling poorly, and when anyone other than him is poorly he is so quick to just bat it straight back at you so as to avoid having to give any sympathy he will just say things like well go to the dr's then, ME-cor my back is aching a lot at the minute, DH- well its cos you don't do enough spend too much time sat at computers, (yes thats cos I work on one, as for the don't do enough don't get me started)

Sorry your not feeling well mamzie x

Siaron
22nd September 2009, 22:27
Children.......get colds
Men......get flu
Women.....get on with it!

Hope you're all feeling a bit better now!
xx

Mamzie
22nd September 2009, 23:20
Well, his day got worse, a lot worse....

I just put this on my FB status (feel free to add me, I'm Mad Welsh Mam on there..)

Mamzie has decided the only thing worse than Manflu for her hubby, is ME with FLU, sick kids, and PMT - Watch Out World, I am not in a good mood!!!

To put it lightly, I think hes very glad he works nightshift :(

Twinks
22nd September 2009, 23:56
Oh hun - have a :hug:

Bye the way what's wrong with the kinder votes - I have been voting for your little darlings as have some of my friends x

Mamzie
23rd September 2009, 13:07
Thanks Gillian, really appreciated, please say a huge thank you to your friends from me pass along a kiss and cwtch from Catrina and Llewellyn, xxx.

I think theres a fair bit of dodgy voting tbh. Voting also seems to be going crazy atm with the Kinder competition.

Theres a FB group with lots of Kids links on for mass voting group and the parents were all saying a few days ago they were only getting a few votes a day while the admin kids were getting lots more. All of a sudden the last few days, all these kids seem to be getting 70-100 votes within a few hours. I don't think its the parents, but I am very hmm re the admin, iyswim. Looks like an attempt to divert attention sorta, and I am wondering what will happen in the final.

Gizmos
23rd September 2009, 13:24
Thanks Gillian, really appreciated, please say a huge thank you to your friends from me pass along a kiss and cwtch from Catrina and Llewellyn, xxx.

I think theres a fair bit of dodgy voting tbh. Voting also seems to be going crazy atm with the Kinder competition.

Theres a FB group with lots of Kids links on for mass voting group and the parents were all saying a few days ago they were only getting a few votes a day while the admin kids were getting lots more. All of a sudden the last few days, all these kids seem to be getting 70-100 votes within a few hours. I don't think its the parents, but I am very hmm re the admin, iyswim. Looks like an attempt to divert attention sorta, and I am wondering what will happen in the final.

but if your askign for votes on FB as well - surely the voting should be done on merit rather than who has the most friends?

Mamzie
23rd September 2009, 13:42
but if your askign for votes on FB as well - surely the voting should be done on merit rather than who has the most friends?

Thats what your supposed to do for the comp through, ask on social and forum sites for people to support your children. I prefer a single vote comp, than this every 24 hours one, and I am soo hoping they alter the final stage...

Its kinda a complex story. Theres a group thats against multiple voting and that wanted zeroing so all the kids were on a fair playing field I'm a member of. They have managed to get Kinder to close some loopholes, proxy IP voting, etc. They have been recording voting totals, patterns, etc.

Then theres another group, that is against this - that I'm not a member of as I didn't feel their aims were fair. This now has a huge list of kids posted to vote for. A few of the kidddies on there I am voting for already as I know them from FB elsewhere, so have kinda noticed their votes iyswim. A debate started on their wall about how the admin kids were getting lots of votes, while some of the other kids were getting only 10-20 ish votes a day. The Admin peeps suddenly reappeared and all of a sudden all of the kids on the links started to get 70+ votes within a few hours. Then hardly any, then loads again for a few hours, etc... I don't think the parents have done anything, but it sure looks like something is going on, and I would think that it would be something to do with the group admins possibly...

Really strange and depressing, when most have us have our supporters and are happyily plodding along to suddenly start plummeting again.

SUSIEQ
23rd September 2009, 14:38
:hug: Aww mamzie - whenever I read any of your posts I always have the image of a highly focussed mother figure, efficiently tending her family and friends, with warm smiles all round.
Poor you feeling rotten. I do sympathise. Yesterday, having picked dd's up from school, I had to ask my husband to take dd's to their swimming lesson whilst I had to sleep (I have ME). This he did, great job :p, but got home and plonked himself at the dinner table waiting for his supper when they got back.... because he has a cold.... Now with ME, sleeping only helps whilst you are actually asleep, and you often feel just as bad afterwards, it's just a break from feeling crap.. so I feel like this most of the time, but somehow dh's cold, like you say, is much worse.

Hope you all feel better soon. :love:

Mamzie
23rd September 2009, 23:46
(((((((((((()))))))))) thanks Suzieq, that is lovely.

I must say I feel like a right fool today. Felt really achey and lousey, another rubbish night, so tried to have a nap.

Dh and ds were just niggling each other non stop... and I could hear them bouncing off each other... I ended up really upset trying to sleep, and dd heard me!!! What a fool I felt, shes only 7 years old. Well she turned into a Mini Mamzie, went marching downstairs and read the riot act to the 2 boys, and shut the door on them... Then came back upstairs with cuddles and a soaking wet cold pad for me.

Dolly Daydream
24th September 2009, 00:06

I must say I feel like a right fool today. Felt really achey and lousey, another rubbish night, so tried to have a nap.

Dh and ds were just niggling each other non stop... and I could hear them bouncing off each other... I ended up really upset trying to sleep, and dd heard me!!! What a fool I felt, shes only 7 years old. Well she turned into a Mini Mamzie, went marching downstairs and read the riot act to the 2 boys, and shut the door on them... Then came back upstairs with cuddles and a soaking wet cold pad for me.

Aww hun, what a lovely little girl you have :hug: hope you feel better soon hun

Mamzie
25th September 2009, 22:46
I just wanted to post in case any of you are asthmatic, as this has really badly affected my chest.

I had my worse ever Asthma Attack late last night and needed the hospital. I came very close to blacking out, and just managed to get dh and my parents on their way here as I collapsed. Then they did 999. Its the worse one I have ever had, was very scarey, as it dh works night, so was just me and children here.

The silly thing was that I felt my chest deterioating this week, but thought I could wait for steriods until todays surgery. Typical Mam as I am, I was more concerned with looking after the others than getting myself sorted out.

At one stage as I was trying to get phone, I thought my babies would be finding me dead on the floor if they woke up :(

Mrs Lady C
25th September 2009, 22:50
Sorry to hear that mamzie I'm glad you are okay though, you should never ignore a bad chest with asthma you know the symptoms hun, so don't ignore them. :nono::nono::nono:

sweepy
25th September 2009, 23:59

This is sooo cute mamzie big hugs for both of u hun leave the men too it lol.
sweepyxx