PDA

View Full Version : Christmas pudding - when and how do you make it?

vikki
24th September 2009, 10:06
Hi all
I'm determined to be an organised mum for Christmas this year, and have done myself a list of fun stuff to to with the kids, one of the things I want to do is make a Christmas pud. Anyone got any advice on when to make it? Also if you know of a good recipe I'd be eternally grateful! Fairly light on the booze if possible, I don't want my kids in a drunken heap at Xmas, thats my job :xmas-smiley-019:

britchic4
24th September 2009, 11:27
You can make it now if its a traditional one. Here are some recipes:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/search.do?keywords=christmas+pudding&x=0&y=0&filterItem=&filterItem=&filterItem=&filterItem=&filterItem=&filterItem=&filterItem=&filterItem=&filterItem=&filterItem=

I've made the traditional, the Gordon Ramsey and the last minute one, all delicious but the last minute one not so rich.

DebbieE
24th September 2009, 17:23
Delia's pud is a good 'un - make 2 or 3 most years :)

I always make them as soon as Bonfire night done

Grace & Favour
24th September 2009, 17:26
Hi all
I'm determined to be an organised mum for Christmas this year, and have done myself a list of fun stuff to to with the kids, one of the things I want to do is make a Christmas pud. Anyone got any advice on when to make it? Also if you know of a good recipe I'd be eternally grateful! Fairly light on the booze if possible, I don't want my kids in a drunken heap at Xmas, thats my job :xmas-smiley-019:

Don't worry about the booze vikki - - the cooking evaporates the alcohol, - just the flavours remain!

KarenBB
24th September 2009, 17:37
I've told my children we should make xmas puds this year so I'll keep an eye on this thread

colman
24th September 2009, 21:36
i still have two left from the hampers that i got earlier in the year so no need to make them this year!!!

Second Born
24th September 2009, 21:53
My mother-in-law used to make her Christmas puddings once every three years. I personally couldn't tell the difference between the ones made freshly that year and the three year old ones. I think they had a healthy dollop of booze in them though.

msjg
24th September 2009, 21:56
Its not stir -up Sunday yet!