PDA

View Full Version : What time does your postman deliver your post?

linderella
24th September 2009, 16:17
Mine seems to get later and later. Today it was 1.50 pm

Anyone know what happened to getting your post early?

Does the postman maybe have to do the sorting also now with all the cutbacks?

I am just interested not complaining so please don't shoot me lol

sweepy
24th September 2009, 16:19
About the same time as you hun i think not good is it.
sweepyxx

Grace & Favour
24th September 2009, 16:21
Mine seems to get later and later. Today it was 1.50 pm

Anyone know what happened to getting your post early?

Does the postman maybe have to do the sorting also now with all the cutbacks?

I am just interested not complaining so please don't shoot me lol

In our area the Postmen have had to delay their starting time in the PO until 06:00 (effectively reducing the extra pay for unsociable hours)
So - they can't start sorting the mail until 06:00.

And their rounds are a great deal longer (there are now fewer postmen to do the same job, and vans deliver the additional mail to drop-off points along the route (there's too much mail just to take out by your postie.

Our post arrives between 11:45 and 13:00 hrs - and our Postman's day finishes about 14:30 to 15:00.

HTH

davidgh
24th September 2009, 16:25
used to be regularly etween 6.30am & 7am
Now varies between 9.30am and 6pm!
Postman call where I live an overtime round

kingvault
24th September 2009, 16:39
Mine arrived today at 12.30 . He gave it to me as I was leaving the house on my way back to work from lunch!:confused:

beba
24th September 2009, 16:42
Mine has been super early 8:30, it used to come at about 2:00.

Maverick
24th September 2009, 16:43
Not untill about 1pm here.

rainbowhope
24th September 2009, 16:43
...10-12 here...occasionally 1.

deviouslysarcastic
24th September 2009, 16:58
Between 2 & 3pm for us.

Deliveries down to 3 days a week, with wednesday's soley reserved for junk mail;
which is always Dominos, Somerfield and an insurance flyer.
So effectively we can only expect deliveries twice a week unless someone has paid extra for special delivery (in which case a van delivers rather than the postie).

It really angers me how the service has been devalued to the point where I resent having to use it.
Our postal service used to be envied all over the world.
Now I'm not so sure. I miss reading the mail at breakfast.

dune
24th September 2009, 16:58
regular postie is 10.30 and 9.30 saturdays but stand in's can come anytime

heatherks
24th September 2009, 18:33
depending on what posties doing the round 10-30 till after 2 pm ...im sure the late one goes to someones house for coffee break .

Mrs Lady C
24th September 2009, 18:40
Mine normally delivers somewhere between 11am - 1pm, it used to annoy me when I was home quite a lot, now I am never home before 4pm it doesn't bother me iykwim. It seems like most people get a later delivery now perhaps a poll could be added to this thread to get a better view of the normal delivery times. :)

holliemon
24th September 2009, 19:25
Mine is around 11.30 to 1.30 - can be later.

Siaron
24th September 2009, 19:38
Usually between 2.30 to 3.30 but our postie's a lovely bloke so I don't mind plus we live high up in the hills!
xx

Dormouse
24th September 2009, 20:00
Regular postie is about 10am weekdays and 8.30 on Saturdays! :shocked:

I always pay attention to the exact time as I do the RM delivery survey. :cool:

Scrungee
24th September 2009, 20:07
4pm has been our latest delivery.

And 3 weeks out of 4 our street doesn't seem to get any post at all on a Thursday for some strange reason (which could be because it's our normal posties day off).

And after that happens we then seem to get loads of post on the following Saturday afternoon.

madline
24th September 2009, 22:37
apparently, according to our postie this is what all the strikes were about (not the most recent ones) they now have to start later...think he said 8am on some days. he delivers anytime between about 9am and 3pm but he only has until 3pm to finish his round. if there are any special delivery items (you know..must be delivered by 9am or whatever it is) even though they could be for several miles away, they have to be delivered first which means the rest of his round is started later.

SimonJB
24th September 2009, 22:44
About 10am here.

He's a really caring guy, he never fails to have a good look in the windows to check you're OK.

Diamond
24th September 2009, 23:32
it used to be first thing in the morning, but now our postie does his round the other way round and we are last, about 2pm we get our post, last on his round now, we live directly opposite the main PO too!

mummum123
25th September 2009, 07:17
it used to be first thing in the morning, but now our postie does his round the other way round and we are last, about 2pm we get our post, last on his round now, we live directly opposite the main PO too!

Thats funny, how is that even possible.

Mine arives between 11 and 2.30.

DaisyChain
25th September 2009, 07:32
11.30 almost to the minute and 8.30-9 on Sats. Anytime or not at all if the regular postie is away

Grace & Favour
25th September 2009, 07:44

Thats funny, how is that even possible.

Mine arives between 11 and 2.30.

Maybe because he finishes his round at the Post Office? :)

*debbie*
25th September 2009, 08:55
Between 2 and 3pm, a bit of a shocker after we moved to this village from a large town where we got our post by 6am every day! Still, I'll put up with the late time cos the postie is great, and we are in a small village so the postie doesn't even get our post til at least 8am.

webboes
25th September 2009, 09:00
We have a lovely regular postman, who usually gets to us between 1pm and
2pm weekdays, and around 10ish on Saturday. However, last Christmas saw a casual delivering at past 5pm:eek: Think he must have been lost:D

Webboes

ukmonkey
26th September 2009, 00:33
I *think* mine arrives about noon. Personally, I'm not fussed whether it's 8am or 8pm, as I'm usually at work. I suppose if I was a house husband (one day...!) or worked from home (hopefully one day sooner than the above!) then it may bother me more.

Twinks
26th September 2009, 00:40
Can I just add that I loved reading the fact that most of us have really lovely postmen/women - so nice to see we appreciate them and their manners x

Mamzie
26th September 2009, 02:14
depending on what posties doing the round 10-30 till after 2 pm ...im sure the late one goes to someones house for coffee break .

Our Postie does this, as he lives within his round area, lol...

But our last 4 posties have all been great. They know who to give parcels to if your out, and even holds my parcels when we on hols.

we are classed as a house with a safe softy dog will does anything for them when they throw his toys.

postiepaula
26th September 2009, 22:22
sorry guys this is a sign of the times....
are start times are later...(so they can cut our early shift payment)
there is no night shift at our office any longer...again to reduce night pay, so not only do we start later, we have to do a lot more sorting before we can start delivering...
AND in our office they have increased our rounds with no extra time to do it in, so people aren't getting a daily delivery..
it's mainly because of the competion, although we deliver most of the mail, other companys are collecting and sorting the mail, we only get a small % of money for this mail, which is why the lack of money in Royal Mail...
this is really nobodys fault, and tbh, it looks to be getting worse..
the current strikes are really because of this, 40 hours a week are not enough for us to do the job..IT IS NOT ABOUT MONEY..honest
as for satuarday being earlier..the agreement was not to make us start/finish later on sats, you probably find you don't get 'junk' mail on sats..
a good relationship with your postie is always a good thing, we will always go the extra mile for our nice friendly customers.

Warboz
26th September 2009, 22:33
we dont get a regular postie any longer, although there is one cute postie that delivers from time to time ;) Our post tends to arrive about 2.30-3.00, as I sometimes pass them on the way to pick kids up from school!

ukmonkey
26th September 2009, 23:30
it's mainly because of the competion, although we deliver most of the mail, other companys are collecting and sorting the mail, we only get a small % of money for this mail, which is why the lack of money in Royal Mail...
this is really nobodys fault

Nobody's fault?!

The Government is 100% culpable.

Why on earth a government would introduce competition several years ahead of:

a) When the EU central Government says they must
and/or
b) the rest of Europe

i beyond me.

Actually, it's not...the reason they did this is to run RMG into the ground so as to raise the public pressure for a sell-off.

The Government [along with the Daily Mail!!] have succeeded in turning the country into a nation of Royal Mail haters.

kirsty's mam
27th September 2009, 00:42
We get our post between 8am & 8.30am every morning. Postie is a star, if he has a parcel for us on a Saturday but sees the curtains are still shut he takes it in his van for the rest of hs round then calls in on the way back with it to save getting us out of bed. He did apologise one morning for ringing the bell and getting us up but said he was in a rush to finish that day! I can't fault the service we get.

postiepaula
27th September 2009, 12:02
Nobody's fault?!

The Government is 100% culpable.

Why on earth a government would introduce competition several years ahead of:

a) When the EU central Government says they must
and/or
b) the rest of Europe

i beyond me.

Actually, it's not...the reason they did this is to run RMG into the ground so as to raise the public pressure for a sell-off.

The Government [along with the Daily Mail!!] have succeeded in turning the country into a nation of Royal Mail haters.

exactly.... ...it was all to do with monopoly, giving the public a choice, all that has happened is the other companys have 'cherry picked' the money making side of royal mail and left us with the scraps..

i think if it wasn't for the post generated by ebay, i don't what we have done,
as for the sell off, i think you are right as RM keep giving us shares, which are worthless at the moment, and this will be the carrott to make us vote YES for the sell off..
but i do still like my job, i have some lovely customers..

postiepaula
27th September 2009, 12:03
Can I just add that I loved reading the fact that most of us have really lovely postmen/women - so nice to see we appreciate them and their manners x

thank you public support really does go a long way:)

ukmonkey
28th September 2009, 00:06
exactly.... ...it was all to do with monopoly, giving the public a choice, all that has happened is the other companys have 'cherry picked' the money making side of royal mail and left us with the scraps..

i think if it wasn't for the post generated by ebay, i don't what we have done,
as for the sell off, i think you are right as RM keep giving us shares, which are worthless at the moment, and this will be the carrott to make us vote YES for the sell off..
but i do still like my job, i have some lovely customers..

They're not "shares" in the traditional sense, and aren't "worthless". They are however a tacky gimmick - notice how they've written to all staff to say they've "gone down in value", right at a crucial moment (i.e ballot papers going out to staff in RM Letters)??

I do fear how the company can bankroll the scheme.

--

Also Paula, do you realise why the pension scheme is in the gutter? Because RM decided to take a break in their contributions a few years ago. Idiots.

Meanwhile, Crozier still pulls in his 3m+ PA. What a kn*b