PDA

View Full Version : Just had a cheque from Farepak !!

taffyswife
25th September 2009, 12:28
Have just got home, to find a letter from the administrators of Farepak and a cheque for 50.00.

Appears they have got permission to repay monies paid to Farepak after they went bust.

They are still working on claims for monies paid before they went bust (quoting 5p for every 1).

goo_chick
25th September 2009, 12:38
Well done!! :D:D

bet that was a total surprise, felt so sorry for all the families who were affected with this :( x

markat
25th September 2009, 12:40
That's nice to hear, glad these are being processed - just sorry the payout is only 5 pence in the pound.

taffyswife
25th September 2009, 12:43
Was a surprise, as I haven't heard anything for ages :)

claire___
25th September 2009, 13:20
Woohoo at last we might be getting somewhere, my mum was an agent, I felt soooo sorry for her when it all happened

Siaron
25th September 2009, 13:34
Glad that they've started to sort this out for everyone. As others say, it's just a shame (well wrong IMO!) that the payout is only 5pence in the pound. Really think that the bloke who owned the company should be made to sell his house and stop his luxury holidays so that the money can go into the pot.
xx

kirsty's mam
25th September 2009, 16:42
Glad you got something back.x

Mrs Lady C
25th September 2009, 18:02
Glad that they've started to sort this out for everyone. As others say, it's just a shame (well wrong IMO!) that the payout is only 5pence in the pound. Really think that the bloke who owned the company should be made to sell his house and stop his luxury holidays so that the money can go into the pot.
xx

I agree the whole situation was a disgrace as he knew the problems the company had, yet they continued to take money off people. :mad::mad::mad:

taffyswife, I'm glad you are getting some of your money back it's better than nothing I suppose. :)

markat
28th September 2009, 13:06
Some more information here;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/8278086.stm

claire___
29th September 2009, 14:01
My mum still hasnt recieved anything, dont know about her customers though as she is on holiday just now.

far canel
29th September 2009, 14:28
My wife managed to get about 90% back, as I had done quite a few payments online with my Visa debit card and got refunded via chargeback rules.

taffyswife
29th September 2009, 18:12
My wife managed to get about 90% back, as I had done quite a few payments online with my Visa debit card and got refunded via chargeback rules.

Wish I had made my payments on-line, all mine were by cheque. :(

sandhabibi
25th April 2010, 19:09
I can't find the original thread anywhere so updating on here. I was an agent and myself and customers still waiting to hear. Just seen this which prob won't please Taffy having had yr payout but will help some of my customers that paid hundreds into it..

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100425/tuk-farepak-customer-payout-increased-6323e80.html

taffyswife
26th April 2010, 09:17
I can't find the original thread anywhere so updating on here. I was an agent and myself and customers still waiting to hear. Just seen this which prob won't please Taffy having had yr payout but will help some of my customers that paid hundreds into it..

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100425/tuk-farepak-customer-payout-increased-6323e80.html

Farepak still owe me 325, so it will be helping me :)

(The chq I received last year was for a payment that Farepak received on the day after they went into administration - which thye should not have cashed).

sandhabibi
26th April 2010, 09:25
Oh good glad it will still help you....It is just so wrong the way it's worked out...Big companies should have insurance in case a company they are dealing with goes bust but us meer normal people lose practically everything....
It was a horrid day when I had to go back to my workplace to tell everyone what had happened, I felt like it was my fault at the time....

jamsandwhich
26th April 2010, 10:27
At this point I was so pleased I was with Park Hampers, they run their operation in a different way and I believe they do have insurance and the money is not available for release until the purchase of goods for customers. Just a thought for anyone still wanting to do this as I feel that Park are as safe as can be - had I lost my payments for Gift Vouchers I get it would have been awful as I get M&S ones to get lots of nice goodies.

I also feel it is terrible that the Administrators take such a huge payment - we have had a few companies go bust on us over the years and when you read th administrators reports and see what their hourly rate is it's scary. I know they do a lot of work but some of the charges are mad - photocopying @ 1 an A4 sheet being one I picked up on:shocked:

I do agree that the guy who walked away from it all should have lost his personal assets though - or at least had to return his wages from the questionable period, unfortubnately the laws don't really look after the right people.

taffyswife
19th October 2012, 13:13
Just received a chq from the administrators today 115.00 :)

uklego
19th October 2012, 13:38
Are you still out of pocket though?

taffyswife
19th October 2012, 14:32
yes - still out of pocket. But at least i got something back....