PDA

View Full Version : Ham, eggs and chips

markat
25th September 2009, 18:17
FM has left some eggs and ham in fridge while on holiday - need to use them before they go off - seen ham, eggs and chips on many a pub menu - what do I do ?

rainbowhope
25th September 2009, 18:39
..thats what we're having too !

great for when you can be bothered to cook much!

DaisyChain
25th September 2009, 18:44
What sort of ham Markat ? Its usually gammon or a bacon chop in a pub

tiger
25th September 2009, 18:47
Grill the ham, pour away most of the fat but save a little and break your eggs into the pan and pop them under the grill they only take a minute or two.
Blanch your chips whilst the ham is cooking and then turn up the heat and pop them back in the pan to crisp whilst the eggs are cooking, unless you are having oven chips. In that case just follow the instructions on the pack.

markat
25th September 2009, 18:48
sliced pre packed ham sadly !

tiger
25th September 2009, 18:49
Sorry, I assumed you meant Gammon.

You could chop up the ham and add it to an omelette.

DaisyChain
25th September 2009, 18:50
No probs - egg and chips is good enough with ham on the side :)

Can you fry eggs Markat ?

Twinks
25th September 2009, 18:57
No probs - egg and chips is good enough with ham on the side :)

Can you fry eggs Markat ?

Agree - a muddle up as one of my friends used to call it - all the leftovers from the fridge she never knew what her mum was making but said it was always delicious, enjoy x

Dolly Daydream
25th September 2009, 19:02
yep a great basic meal, couple of slices of ham, fried or oven chips and a fried egg, smothered in salt and vinegar with some sauce, yummy lol Enjoy hun

numpty
25th September 2009, 19:11
ooohhhh had this last week, first time in a year!

pammy
25th September 2009, 19:33
there was a thread about egg and chips on mse, it always makes me want it!

egg chips sausage and tinned toms yummy!

janedoe
25th September 2009, 19:38
Eggs and chips my fav, nice runny eggs split over the chips, yum yum.

tyroleandancer
25th September 2009, 19:50
mmm wish I could but I can't
had egg and tin toms for lunch

DaisyChain
25th September 2009, 20:30
Had egg and chips before heading to hospital in labour with DS1

Used to do a diet version as well which was pretty good for diet food - peel and cut chips, add 1 tsp olive oil and use your hands to coat the chips and then bake for about 20 mins - when nearly done move chips to sides of baking sheet and crack a couple of eggs in the middle and put back in oven for 5 mins or so

Dolly Daydream
25th September 2009, 20:43
Had egg and chips before heading to hospital in labour with DS1

Used to do a diet version as well which was pretty good for diet food - peel and cut chips, add 1 tsp olive oil and use your hands to coat the chips and then bake for about 20 mins - when nearly done move chips to sides of baking sheet and crack a couple of eggs in the middle and put back in oven for 5 mins or so

Oh that sounds lovely hun, never done eggs in the oven before, will have to give that a try, cheers :D