PDA

View Full Version : Has the world gone mad???

salsa
26th September 2009, 21:10
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1216220/Mothers-banned-looking-children.html?ITO=1490&referrer=yahoo

This is such insanity, when will common sense prevail? It states reward can mean recipricol arrangement so does that mean everytime I help out the single mother across the road by having her daughter for a few hours to play and she has my daughter over to play another time we are breaking the law?

Grrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad:

princesskerry
26th September 2009, 21:19
Absolutely ridiculous and shame on who grassed them up too.
The law really should change, there are so many mums who simply cannot afford to go back to work as the cost of childcare is so high if you trust someone enough and can come to a arrangement like this I really dont see who they are hurting.

baconbap
26th September 2009, 21:47
I guess they needed to go and look after the other child in the other child's house, then they would have been ok. How stupid is that?

pammy
26th September 2009, 21:54
absolutely absurd!!!! a friend of mine has her SIL take her kids to school 3 days a week is this a crime also.
how bad is it that someone felt they had to report this. I mean this is community spirit, a neighbour helping a neighbour.
this story is why britain is becoming how it is today and why more and more people tend to walk by rather than help as they worry they might get into trouble.
I am fuming about this, some busybody with nothing better to do then meddle in other peoples affairs cos they got no life of there own
grr :mad:

Mamzie
26th September 2009, 22:07
just plain crazy. Big brother gone mad

Warboz
26th September 2009, 22:37
This is crazy! Us working (and non-working) parents need as much help as we can get these days with childcare. I totally agree...shame on the person that snitched.

DaisyChain
27th September 2009, 05:49
Crazy and then some

Especially that using each other's houses would make it OK.

uklego
27th September 2009, 09:49
Bonkers!

words fail me

maleficent_mum
27th September 2009, 10:11
Sometimes you read things and just can't believe what you've just read - totally absurd :(

Freebird
27th September 2009, 10:53
Utter stupidity!

I was also recently told (but I don't know the facts so not sure how true it is) that there is some law coming in that anyone who for instance takes their mates' children anywhere - (park/lift somewhere/whatever) will in future have to be vetted first under a new Vetting & Barring Scheme database implemented by the government as an anti-paedophile measure. Do what? Never heard anything so stoooopid! This basically means that I have to be vetted by the police before I can take my best mate's two kiddies to the park to feed the ducks??

DaisyChain
27th September 2009, 11:29
It is anyone who does it at the request of a group or club I think Freebird eg ferrying the footy team to a match etc

Mamzie
27th September 2009, 13:51
yep, its gonna to affect us with swimming club, football and gym clubs, totally OTT...

mummum123
27th September 2009, 14:45
rediculas, whoever thought that law up wants sacking,

The Wizard of Oz
27th September 2009, 14:53
Just heard on the news on the radio that if anyone is looking after a friends child/ren for more than 2 hours a day for more than 14 days a year they now have to be registered as a childminder....wonder if this has come about after the article the OP saw/read.

Think its completely mad....agree with some of you that said don't know what this world is coming to...whats the difference of someone looking after a friends child for a few hours (if they are at work etc) and just having them round to play in the holidays/weekends???

Ladyshopper
27th September 2009, 18:31
These 2 ladies are police officers, we had an email sent round about it a couple of weeks ago.

It is absolute madness.

rach109
27th September 2009, 18:43
Just heard on the news on the radio that if anyone is looking after a friends child/ren for more than 2 hours a day for more than 14 days a year they now have to be registered as a childminder....wonder if this has come about after the article the OP saw/read.

Think its completely mad....agree with some of you that said don't know what this world is coming to...whats the difference of someone looking after a friends child for a few hours (if they are at work etc) and just having them round to play in the holidays/weekends???

This has always been the case..

anyone looking after a child ( over the age of 8 ) for more than 2 hours per day in their own home, must be a registered childminder

family members are exempt from this

of course you could just do the care in the childs' home, and then this is not necessary ;)

It is madness,friends doing each other a favour should be ok,they aren't gaining any financial benefit other than being able to work!

not like it's any old person offering unregistered / illegal / cheap childcare ! (which is totally not on ,it puts children at risk and other local CMers out of business!)

people on other forums are saying these 2 women should have known better as they are Police officers !

The Wizard of Oz
27th September 2009, 21:11
This has always been the case..

anyone looking after a child ( over the age of 8 ) for more than 2 hours per day in their own home, must be a registered childminder

family members are exempt from this

of course you could just do the care in the childs' home, and then this is not necessary ;)

It is madness,friends doing each other a favour should be ok,they aren't gaining any financial benefit other than being able to work!

not like it's any old person offering unregistered / illegal / cheap childcare ! (which is totally not on ,it puts children at risk and other local CMers out of business!)

people on other forums are saying these 2 women should have known better as they are Police officers !

Yes - know about that you have to be registered etc if you are looking after children - was a childminder myself for a while - its the bit that I highlighted that I think is mad - if friends are helping each other out - which friends do - and no financial benefit is occuring then why do they need to go down the childminder route - its not as if they are looking after children a) for money/as a living/to get a wage and financial gain and b) lots and lots of children as a childminder would.

pammy
27th September 2009, 23:16
it is mad as you can look after the child in the childs own home. I dont see how this is different from looking after them in your own home? you are still looking after the child wherever you are? I can see they may be thinking of protecting the child but even in there own home they are still the adult responsible so whats the difference?

rainbowhope
28th September 2009, 01:12
...I find this all very scary------police state.

How are these obsurd laws happening without any notice ?

SuzyWoo
28th September 2009, 08:33
How difficult to they want to make it for people to work?!

The Wizard of Oz
28th September 2009, 12:42

My thoughts exactly.

princesskerry
28th September 2009, 13:10

Hit the nail right on the head, they want people to go back to work and not claim benefits and when two ladies find an arrangement that will mean they are both able to work whilst having free childcare for their children they are penalised for it.
It makes no difference what job they do, there are not many jobs out there now that will cover childcare costs and give you a wage too if you have more then one/two children the childcare costs can easily eat up the majority / all of your wage.

Twinks
28th September 2009, 13:20
Hit the nail right on the head, they want people to go back to work and not claim benefits and when two ladies find an arrangement that will mean they are both able to work whilst having free childcare for their children they are penalised for it.
It makes no difference what job they do, there are not many jobs out there now that will cover childcare costs and give you a wage too if you have more then one/two children the childcare costs can easily eat up the majority / all of your wage.

Rach - good luck for your 5 day week and your busy weekend hun x

Sorry to hijack - PK how did your 1st day at work go hun x