PDA

View Full Version : I am gutted... DDs Bike stolen

Mamzie
5th October 2009, 00:14
I can't believe it...

Some Scum has taken my little girl Catrinas bike from our garden this afternoon.

I know we are dumb as they just leave them out there, but to steal a little 7 year olds bike is disgusting.

Just sent a mass FB message to my local friends asking them to keep their eye out, as I am hoping its just been dumped somewhere.

Thing is, Catrina actually won this herself, by writing out some guidelines for riding a bike, and she got first place, so as you can imagine its very special to her.

tyroleandancer
5th October 2009, 00:17
oh no, that's not nice at all. I hope someone spots it and she gets her bike back

rainbow
5th October 2009, 00:19
Oh no! Hopefully it was just a juvenile joyrider who will have dumped it undamaged close by, and you'll get it back. If not, will your house insurance cover it? No consolation to a broken hearted child, but maybe a way of getting a replacement. Rotten tow-rags! :mad:

baconbap
5th October 2009, 00:23
Can you get the local paper interested?

SimonJB
5th October 2009, 00:24
It's worth checking any shrubberies and contacting the local Parks Dept as if they find a bike dumped they'll keep it for you to claim should it be yours.

There's some nasty little swines about. My mates kids bikes were taken from garage underneath their house one Summer afternoon while they were sat above.

Mamzie
5th October 2009, 00:33
I am going to try the paper tomoz, they have run stories for me in the past.

Have emailed everyone I know now as well. Will give my Dad a ring in morning as hes in Parks dept, and have emailed the few I have contacts for already.

Have got a crime number, and police seem helpful as its not a run of the mill bike, and will start knocking tomorrow daytime.

Its just been a really rough few weeks recently :( one thing after the other...

Dh hates claiming on insurance, so I imagine if the worst comes, and we can't find it, we'll just buy a new one. It took huge arguements between us to get him to claim on our mortgage protection when he broke his ribs early this year.

pammy
5th October 2009, 00:54
Its awful isnt it, my DDs bike and my DSs skateboard were nicked out the garden, my DD was gutted.
I put a message on freecycle and she got this fab bike given to her, she loves it.

Hope you find her bike, (the thieving @+%$)

SuzyWoo
5th October 2009, 08:39
Sorry to hear that Mamzie. Hope she gets it back.

DIVA1977
5th October 2009, 08:53
Can you get the local paper interested?

took words out of my mouth

Sry mamzie, awful thing for some scroat to do

Mamzie
5th October 2009, 13:17
I am sooo happy. We found Catrinas bike, and its repairable.

baconbap
5th October 2009, 13:19
Oh, that's great. But awful that it happened in the first place.

marcellep
5th October 2009, 13:35
Thats fantastic news that the bike has been found :)

Neil_E
5th October 2009, 13:46
I am sooo happy. We found Catrinas bike, and its repairable.

Excellent news, she'll soon forget once its all ship shape again. :)

Mamzie
5th October 2009, 13:58
I hope so, she is so trusting and has such strong beliefs in fair play.

Just been to school to tell her, we found it outside our Church and Catrina thinks that God has found it for her now and that he was looking out for her.

maleficent_mum
5th October 2009, 14:03
So glad it's turned up :)

pammy
5th October 2009, 14:18
ah thats lovely,
dont understand why would you steal it and then leave it? whats the point of that other than to make some little girl unhappy!

Vanda2
5th October 2009, 14:22
So pleased it's turned up Mamzie :D

Serialdieter
5th October 2009, 14:23
Glad the bike has turned up.

carebabe
5th October 2009, 14:24
fantastic news the bike has been found.

janedoe
5th October 2009, 14:27
Glad you have it back, DD & DS left theirs in the garden last year round the side of the garage which can't been seen from the road and DD found hers a few streets away but it had been stripped but she bought the frame back with her friend so we bought her a new one at Christmas last year and now she makes sure she puts it away in the garage and DS wasn't too bother as he's older and none of his friends have one now.

rainbow
5th October 2009, 14:34
Aw mamzie, that's a lovely outcome!

My grandson got his new scooter pinched a while back in the summer. It never turned up. Then when the leaves all fell off some nearby trees in the autumn, there was the scooter hanging in the branches, finally exposed from where it had been chucked :lol:. Very rusty and useless but he had got another one by that time anyway.

amandaj67
5th October 2009, 14:57
Glad you found it & its repairable, it must of been really upsetting for her though, i dont understand people who steal items from children, its disgusting to think of the hurt it causes, yet they just dont care

addictedtosaving
5th October 2009, 15:02
I am really pleased you found her bike.

Mamzie
5th October 2009, 15:20
I think what shes going to find hardest is that it was by 2 boys who are virtually same age as her. And she knows one of them from her class.

Even his sister along with nearly all the los from around us are saying that it was him and his cousin...

Apparently they had Llewellyns bike as well, but 2 of the girls found that when the one boy had to go home, so they bought it back to our garden for him. We hadn't even realised that it had gone!!!

Its kinda reassuring that I've had all this little local kids saying the same thing independantly. Just want the boys to know that they have done wrong, and that they upset someone. At least it wasn't someone trying to sell it or wreck them I guess.