PDA

View Full Version : Soap help needed!

princessa
12th October 2009, 14:37
Hello!

I used to watch ALL of the soaps, but have fallen out with watching them over the last year or so. I keep an eye on Hollyoaks from time to time. There's not much on TV that I watch, so I end up always saying 'there's nothing on'. So I thought getting into a soap would give me something to watch! I've never been a big Eastenders fan, so it's between Emmerdale and Corrie. If I get into it now then I'll be able to watch all the drama over Xmas!

What do you watch, what's your fave? I've just watched an Emmerdale and there's a few characters that have returned, a few who are new, and a few who have swapped soaps! Like Jean-Paul! What happened to baby TJ? I thought Dawn's mum had kidnapped him off to Spain? There's a new set of brothers, a girl who works in the bar with her coffee advert mum, and a couple of kids I don't recognise who were saying they lived on a farm? Who lives at Home Farm now?

I'll stop asking questions as I'll go on forever!

xxx

rainbowhope
12th October 2009, 19:41
...Young and the Restless---been watching since its started---1973...my gran got
me hooked on it...we used to watch it together..:)

and its maddened when they change actors!...you get used to someone
being a certain actor for 10 years and then expected to see this 'other person'
as that same person ! ....Grrrr.....Soaps--they mess with your head ! LOLOL

tyroleandancer
12th October 2009, 23:08
Hello!

I used to watch ALL of the soaps, but have fallen out with watching them over the last year or so. I keep an eye on Hollyoaks from time to time. There's not much on TV that I watch, so I end up always saying 'there's nothing on'. So I thought getting into a soap would give me something to watch! I've never been a big Eastenders fan, so it's between Emmerdale and Corrie. If I get into it now then I'll be able to watch all the drama over Xmas!

What do you watch, what's your fave? I've just watched an Emmerdale and there's a few characters that have returned, a few who are new, and a few who have swapped soaps! Like Jean-Paul! What happened to baby TJ? I thought Dawn's mum had kidnapped him off to Spain? There's a new set of brothers, a girl who works in the bar with her coffee advert mum, and a couple of kids I don't recognise who were saying they lived on a farm? Who lives at Home Farm now?

I'll stop asking questions as I'll go on forever!

xxx

Emmerdale and Corrie :)

Have a look at this site
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Emmerdale_characters
Click each character and have a good read

pammy
12th October 2009, 23:45
Tj is being looked after by terry as dawn died.
'jean paul' is the illegimate son of the 'coffee adverts' husband

a new family have moved into the farm a few months ago (one is the real life brother of jason in corrie)
Home farm is the coffee advert mum and family
The kings were once dad tom king, and three sons, carl jimmy and matthew, carl killed his dad accidently, matthew died (but cant remember how!) they used to live in home farm but lost most of there money (I think)
Cant think of anything else, i just have them on in the background really while on the lappy!!

princesskerry
12th October 2009, 23:50
The last time I watched it was when Carl killed his dad, must have been ages ago. I saw an advert the other day and the blonde ''Chastity'' I think she was called was coming back.

I like Hollyoaks and Eastenders, but my all time fav is Holby, some of those doctors are just mmmmmm. OH has football tuesday eves and I settle down with some choc to watch that and for a whole hour feast my eyes on those docs.

charlie
13th October 2009, 00:39
Tj is being looked after by terry as dawn died.
'jean paul' is the illegimate son of the 'coffee adverts' husband

a new family have moved into the farm a few months ago (one is the real life brother of jason in corrie)Home farm is the coffee advert mum and family
The kings were once dad tom king, and three sons, carl jimmy and matthew, carl killed his dad accidently, matthew died (but cant remember how!) they used to live in home farm but lost most of there money (I think)
Cant think of anything else, i just have them on in the background really while on the lappy!!

thanks for that :D Its been bugging me for weeks who he looks like...now I know...he is sooo like jason!!!! Thanks xx

microjan
13th October 2009, 01:13
Can i say i have never watched a soap episode all the way though in my life
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:oh my god am i a freak????????????????????

clockwatcher
13th October 2009, 01:49
Put the radio on and listen to The Archers!

tyroleandancer
13th October 2009, 09:29
Put the radio on and listen to The Archers!

OH loves the Archers. Songs of Praise featured the Archers the week before last.