PDA

View Full Version : £100 deal voucher to spend before month end - what on?

Khufu
22nd October 2009, 11:45
I have a £130 in deals that I bought on ebay which expire at the end of this month that need using up, they are in the form 3 x £10 and 1 x £100, I think I can us teh 3 x £10 cos we're off to PLeasure Island in teh hols, but how do I spend £100 without incurring any cost to myself - there are only 2 a 2 c to go anywhere so we wouldn't get anywehre near this amount in a meal - just been back to skin and its £275 to do the cheapest topup option! (About a 20 % price increase!)
Any ideas?

Grace & Favour
22nd October 2009, 11:51
You could send it to me! :o

Seriously - why don't you just take a few friends (from work?) out for a nice meal @ Café Rouge (or similar), and tell them that you'll pay £100 towards the meal - and they pick up the tab for extras and booze!

Spread the joy - and at no more cost to you:)

goo_chick
22nd October 2009, 12:04
What about something from Goldsmiths ?

or book some days out for the family, magazine subsciptions and thorntons for christmas gifts? :)

Ooh decisions...decisions :D

Khufu
22nd October 2009, 13:12

or book some days out for the family, magazine subsciptions and thorntons for christmas gifts? :)

I can't do a magazine subscription now cos I can't exhange it, which is a pity cos DD2 wants to resubscribe to Dr Who, I didn't know about Thorntons, off for a look on Tescos!

Khufu
22nd October 2009, 13:13

Might have to do this but its a minimum £200 spend so I'd have to put to it.

Khufu
22nd October 2009, 13:15
You could send it to me! :o

Seriously - why don't you just take a few friends (from work?) out for a nice meal @ Café Rouge (or similar), and tell them that you'll pay £100 towards the meal - and they pick up the tab for extras and booze!

Spread the joy - and at no more cost to you:)

Problem is, though its a good idea, that next week's half term and so I won't be in and consequently as I live a 50 mile drive from work its not really worth it.

AND I don't have any friends! ;)

britchic4
22nd October 2009, 13:15
I think Goldsmiths' minimum is £200 so that wouldn't work.
Take lots of friends bowling or book a bowling party and ask to pay in advance?
Do LOTS of dry cleaning?!

Twinks
22nd October 2009, 13:21
Could you sell them on.......:behindsofa:

goo_chick
22nd October 2009, 13:21
What about selling it on ebay and use the cash for something better? :)

Georgie
22nd October 2009, 13:25
What about selling it on ebay and use the cash for something better? :)

Think they were bought from ebay in the first instance, so I am not sure if you can resell them on, even though I know you can sell your own ?:confused:Am I making sense ?:eek:

Grace & Favour
22nd October 2009, 13:26
Problem is, though its a good idea, that next week's half term and so I won't be in and consequently as I live a 50 mile drive from work its not really worth it.

AND I don't have any friends! ;)

Could you ask at a restaurant if they would exchange them for Gift Tokens? - - you could then use them later??

(It could, possibly, work?)

clematis45
22nd October 2009, 13:28
I had the same, £100 deal voucher to be used by end oct, so paid for my son & 2 mates to go paintballing £17.99 pp and used the extra to buy more paintballs :D

Twinks
22nd October 2009, 13:37
Could you ask at a restaurant if they would exchange them for Gift Tokens? - - you could then use them later??

Love this idea - and I think this could possibly work if you say that you will have to use them elsewhere if they can't help you x

Khufu
22nd October 2009, 14:21

That's a really good idea - I'll try that at Pizza Express on the way home and let you know

Khufu
22nd October 2009, 14:22
Think they were bought from ebay in the first instance, so I am not sure if you can resell them on, even though I know you can sell your own ?:confused:Am I making sense ?:eek:

Well in theory I don't see why I couldn't resell but in practice I don't think there's time. I think I'll try and get gift vouchers though.

Georgie
22nd October 2009, 14:23
Well in theory I don't see why I couldn't resell but in practice I don't think there's time. I think I'll try and get gift vouchers though.

Looks like it is going to have to be a restaurant then. Enjoy. :)

Khufu
22nd October 2009, 14:24
thorntons for christmas gifts? :)

I didn't know Thorntons was on there at all so thanks for that, but they are also buy in full things to I can't get htem:(

Khufu
23rd October 2009, 13:45
I called in to my local Pizza Express and asked if I could exchange for a gift card and after a confernece involving about 8 staff they decided not. BUT someone else may strike lucky, cos many of htem thought I should be able to.

Georgie
23rd October 2009, 13:50
This hapopened to me with some meal vouchers that I bought from ebay as well. I didnt notice until the actual day that they were due to expire though.

We were so determined not to waste them we dropped everything and went to Cafe Rouge that evening.

It was quite nice to be spontanious for once and to not plan everything weeks in advance. :)

Grace & Favour
23rd October 2009, 14:04
I called in to my local Pizza Express and asked if I could exchange for a gift card and after a confernece involving about 8 staff they decided not. BUT someone else may strike lucky, cos many of htem thought I should be able to.

oh hard luck Khufu - -

Though have you asked at the restaurants near where you work too?

Khufu
23rd October 2009, 14:14
Just been for a trawl on t'internet and have come up wiht something better! Snozone - I've booked for a child's ski package and family fun package (sledging on real snow) that comes to £135 in total, gives us a nice morning's activity for half term, and a good present for my neice's birthday who lives near there. AND the family package comes with food adn drink, which hte kids are more likely to eat than if we went for a nice meal out. Very pleased, thanks for all your help everyone, have repped.

Georgie
23rd October 2009, 14:32
Just been for a trawl on t'internet and have come up wiht something better! Snozone - I've booked for a child's ski package and family fun package (sledging on real snow) that comes to £135 in total, gives us a nice morning's activity for half term, and a good present for my neice's birthday who lives near there. AND the family package comes with food adn drink, which hte kids are more likely to eat than if we went for a nice meal out. Very pleased, thanks for all your help everyone, have repped.

Brilliant :clap2:

geegely
23rd October 2009, 14:37

What a fab solution! Well done!

Grace & Favour
23rd October 2009, 15:47

Delighted for you Khufu . . . . .

See - - - - There is a future when you're on a slippery slope!

numpty
23rd October 2009, 16:17
Can I come?

goo_chick
23rd October 2009, 16:23
Well done Khufu !! :clap2: :clap2:

sounds a fab day out for everyone and a lovely birthday treat for your niece :D x