PDA

View Full Version : Light's gone out on my fridge freezer...gettign warmer

Freebird
6th November 2009, 12:38
Just opened the fridge to get some milk out and the light's gone out.....and it's distinctly warmer in there than it was this morning. Had a quick peek in the freezer and it's definitely not as iced over as yesterday evening.

H-E-L-P! The darned thing is integrated so I can't even pull it out to check the plug fuses - not till OH gets home anyway.

Any suggestions for saving what's in there?

Gizmos
6th November 2009, 12:39
keep the doors closed and stuff with newspaper

addictedtosaving
6th November 2009, 12:49
Is the plug definitely behind the freezer? We have an integrated fridge freezer and the plug socket is at the back of the base unit that is next to the fridge freezer. (I know this because I accidentally switched the socket off just before we went on holiday earlier this year and came home to a big puddle and the smell of rotting food:rolleyes:).

Hope you get it sorted FB

Freebird
6th November 2009, 12:51
Stuff the fridge & freezer with newspaper? I'm not opening the freezer door again! :)

We have a small "beer" fridge - OH's Stella is currently being launched to one side in favour of fridge contents! :rolleyes:

Freebird
6th November 2009, 12:52
Is the plug definitely behind the freezer? We have an integrated fridge freezer and the plug socket is at the back of the base unit that is next to the fridge freezer. (I know this because I accidentally switched the socket off just before we went on holiday earlier this year and came home to a big puddle and the smell of rotting food:rolleyes:).

Hope you get it sorted FB

Sadly yes - I always thought that was stupid cos we have to pull the whole unit out to switch it off when we go on holiday :rolleyes: i always run the FF down and switch off when we go away after coming back to the same situation as you once...never again.

baconbap
6th November 2009, 13:32
There's not an on/off switch inside your fridge that you've knocked accidentally, is there?

Mine has one that has done that. ( Or was it a quick defrost switch? ) I know mine turned off once because something in the fridge moved against it when I closed the fridge door.

BritBrat
6th November 2009, 13:34
I made ours drop down from above work surface so switch and fuse are easy access.

Freebird
6th November 2009, 14:29
I made ours drop down from above work surface so switch and fuse are easy access.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!:rolleyes:

BritBrat - have checked all internal switches, but thanks.

janedoe
6th November 2009, 16:57
Just opened the fridge to get some milk out and the light's gone out.....and it's distinctly warmer in there than it was this morning. Had a quick peek in the freezer and it's definitely not as iced over as yesterday evening.

H-E-L-P! The darned thing is integrated so I can't even pull it out to check the plug fuses - not till OH gets home anyway.

Any suggestions for saving what's in there?

This happens to ours now and again and it just happens to be the screws on the door has come undone and needs tightening up usually its the top one as then the door drops slightly and that's when the light doesn't go off and the fridge 'heats up', wedge something under the door on the side you open it until OH comes hone and gets his screwdriver out. ;)

Freebird
6th November 2009, 17:54
Ahhhhh - OH and screwdriver due home soon - I'll mention it to him. Thanks for that. :)

MissMolly
6th November 2009, 17:56
ooh hope you get it sorted x