PDA

View Full Version : Help for grandson's nursery

thebint123
2nd December 2009, 17:20
Hi guys n gals

I'm after a really nice pressie for my new grandson who'll only be 3 months old at xmas. I've got the usual clothes n toys etc, but i was thinking of getting a really nice wall art for his bedroom!!

Something like stuffed letters spelling his name ..... anymore suggestions? What have you lot seen or done ? I want it to look like it could last in his room for a few years or something he will want to keep.

Any ideas where i can get them from ?

britchic4
2nd December 2009, 18:03
ebay usually have some very talented people selling their stuff - I've bought personalised name paintings, christening gifts from there in the past. It's very personal so not much point recommending someone, just try a search with 'personalised baby or something like that and weed out the ones you're not interested in by doing an advanced search and excluding words.

holliemon
2nd December 2009, 18:09
What about a nice cheque to go into his account for when he is older.

zoot
2nd December 2009, 18:14
Youi can get really nice wooden height charts which could be used for many years.
These can be personalised with your grandchilds name.

http://www.woodenheightcharts.co.uk/

DaisyChain
2nd December 2009, 18:21
My two had those zoot

We also have framed casts of their hand and footprints with an inscription. They're on brightly coloured ceramic in modern frames so they growwith the boys quite well - not too babyish even though a baby theme IYSWIM. I know lots of companies do these but we used a firm that visited John Lewis but that was a few years ago

thebint123
2nd December 2009, 18:21
You can get really nice wooden height charts which could be used for many years.
These can be personalised with your grandchilds name.

http://www.woodenheightcharts.co.uk/

Ooo that sounds like a good idea :). I remember when my daughter was younger.. she always liked to be measured to see what a "big girl" she was now lol.

thebint123
2nd December 2009, 18:22
ebay usually have some very talented people selling their stuff - I've bought personalised name paintings, christening gifts from there in the past. It's very personal so not much point recommending someone, just try a search with 'personalised baby or something like that and weed out the ones you're not interested in by doing an advanced search and excluding words.

Geees never thought of lookin on there !! :der:

MrsSavvy
2nd December 2009, 18:47
A custom neon sign would be really cool even for a teenager. Not sure if your budget would stretch to it though. I found this site but only through google so not a personal recommendation.

http://www.neoncreations.co.uk/our-shop.htm

My boys have cross stitch samplers that their grandad made for them. They give their names and birth details date, place time of birth and chinese year symbol so aren't too cutesy and babyish. They like like having them even the (almost) 13 year old especially as grandad is no longer with us.