PDA

View Full Version : Laying in wait...

SuzyWoo
24th December 2009, 15:05
For my traditional Christmas Eve dash to Tesco for bargains! Like a trained hunter I have examined my prey, one store isn't open Boxing Day either, whereas the others are, so that it my store of choice as I figure that will have the most bargains! ;)

DH has just taken the kids to the circus so I have time for a quick tidy up before I go a hunting!

suziq
24th December 2009, 15:07
ooooooooooooooooo let us know how u get on!

tyroleandancer
24th December 2009, 15:09
Same here Suz :) the one close to me closes at 7pm, hubby is the bargain hunter though not me :)
Meat was being marked down by 25% at 11am

SuzyWoo
24th December 2009, 15:09
Just seen the nearby Asda is closed for two days too, so may do both. I'm nothing if not brave lol!

Tuckerpoo
24th December 2009, 15:14
I have my plan mapped out. Waitrose at 4pm as closes at 5 then M&s also closing at 5 and then finally Tesco which closes at 6pm. I'm lucky as all are within 5 miles of each other. Good luck my fellow bargain hunters :)

SuzyWoo
24th December 2009, 15:17
May the force be with you! :D

penfold
24th December 2009, 15:19
I have my plan mapped out. Waitrose at 4pm as closes at 5 then M&s also closing at 5 and then finally Tesco which closes at 6pm. I'm lucky as all are within 5 miles of each other. Good luck my fellow bargain hunters :)

elbows sharpened...good will to all men postponed until closing time :o

Second Born
24th December 2009, 15:24
Wow, I feel like an amateur bargain hunter compared to the rest of you. Nothing could induce me to brave the horrors of a supermarket on Christmas Eve. I don't care how cheap the stuff is!

suziq
24th December 2009, 15:24
our local shuts at 6, for 2 days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mmmmm i wonder............

kirsty's mam
24th December 2009, 15:25
I'm going to brave tescos at 4.30pm. hope to get some goodies for the freezer

SuzyWoo
24th December 2009, 15:26
It won't be very busy Second Born!

numpty
24th December 2009, 16:58
i used to go, but not worth it as all the tesco's just shut one day!
I had a look in waity earlier and got a whole salmon for 8 it was huge!

DaisyChain
24th December 2009, 17:06
This is above and beyond the call :)

Won't catch me anywhere near

dingaling
24th December 2009, 17:08
This is above and beyond the call :)

Won't catch me anywhere near

Me neither!! Good luck to all those who are brave!!:D

Mrs Lady C
24th December 2009, 17:15
Just got back from tesco's all fruit and veg packs reduced to 10p lol. :D:D:D

YooHoo
24th December 2009, 17:49
My Mum has just rung from M&S as they were starting to mark things down. She's got me a Salmon for 5 and is going to grab me some other bargains. Couldn't be bothered going myself:D

princesskerry
24th December 2009, 17:58
Well done to everyone who does go out, I never bother myself. Ater years of working till late on Christmas eve I never got in the habit and we always have a christmas eve party to go too so are always too busy getting ready for that and Christmas day at our house.

tyroleandancer
24th December 2009, 19:04
Nothing in Tesco, totally cleared out. Did manage a half price lamb joint in the Coop earlier :)
Ds said there were sales everywhere today in town. He had his eye on 60 trainers on Monday, bought today for 30 :)

Mamzie
24th December 2009, 20:30
I love going normally, have really missed it this year, but we are sooo behind. About 1/2 way through wrapping now, and still have some hampers to make up...

Triker
24th December 2009, 20:44
I love it usually but ill health and a desire to get organised for the big day means I didn't bother.

To be honest I have no room in the freezer and me being me, would probably buy stuff just because.....and then it'd get wasted.:eek:

Hope all those who headed out managed to score some super duper bargains though.:D

missfendi
24th December 2009, 20:50
got a 7 kilo turkey for 9 in costco today

Khufu
24th December 2009, 20:55
Just got back from tesco's all fruit and veg packs reduced to 10p lol. :D:D:D

and at mine! Have had to go redistributing some on the way home. Everything we bought was 10p each and I spend 15.10! Quiches, sandwiches, fresh soup, noodles, fruit and veg.

Tried the Coop and Sainsburys too but their reductions were rubbish! HAve also braved the horrors of Argos today, lots of frantic men tapping in random numbers into the checker!

numpty
24th December 2009, 20:56
my sis went to my local and said hardly anything left glad i didn't bother, think as they shut one day, reductions were carp!

mummytotwo
24th December 2009, 22:27
If I hadn't got the children with me I would have ventured out. Tend to find that the supermarkets and shops are quite quiet just before closing but haven't done it for a while.

Well done to all those that managed to snap up a bargain or two.

Georgie
24th December 2009, 22:35
not something i would do, but well done to all who scored bargains, :clap2:

Jules_2005
24th December 2009, 22:51
HAve also braved the horrors of Argos today lots of frantic men tapping in random numbers into the checker! pmsl :lol:

WELSH-DRAGON
24th December 2009, 22:52
I wanted to do it but got delayed and couldn't get there in time

Welshy x

Georgie
24th December 2009, 23:00
pmsl :lol:

Yesterday I was loling quietly to myself whilst staring in the window of a chain jewellers. It was quite sweet watching a few slightly sloshed men, peering in the windows and saying such things to their mate as ' cant remember if I got her a watch last year mate ', and 'do you think that looks Ok for 100. All fairly desperate to please the lady in their life and make the Xmas morning pleasant, but slightly clueless nontheless.

Dominic
24th December 2009, 23:44
Crazy crazy people! I used to work in retail and still work in service sector.... about 20 years ago me and the ex used to go shopping Christmas Eve, it put me right off, I hate the frantic, the desparate, the bumbling, the people who think they are the only ones in there, those that have the siege mentality.....

The few days before Christmas brings out the worst in humanity in the supermarkets, greed, selfishness and downright rudery!! I have an ex colleague who works in Morrisons, whose Facebook statuses this week have got more and more angry the more people have bashed into him with their trolley.

I like my bargains but you are welcome to them today. I was glad to be at work! Had a break at lunchtime, stayed away!

red devil
25th December 2009, 01:09
Furthest I have been today is our local co-op just down the road for veg and a few other bits. Went shopping last Friday for what we needed from sainsburys and tesco everything else that we have needed has been bought locally. We are lucky that we have a really good shop across the road from us that sells most things and bread and milk are cheaper there than in the big supermarkets and at least we know that it is fresh in every day.
Today we have just been chilling out and having drinks with friends.