PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading BA amex

shopaholic2
4th February 2010, 22:30
Can anyone tell me how easy it is to upgrade from the standard BA Amexto the premium plus. We have accidentally triggered our 2 - 4 - 1 voucher with months left to go before the anniversary. I think we could manage to get another 10,000 on a card in that time and get another voucher.

I thought my husband could apply for an amex but am not sure he earns enough for the premium plus. What I though we could do is get himthe standard card and then ask Amex to upgrade it to the premium plus and trigger another voucher once we spend the 10,000.

Is it easy to get the standard amex upgraded?

Poppyfields
4th February 2010, 22:55
thats exactly what we did ..... if you put you as the secondary cardholder on his card then both earning are included in the calculations ... we have both got card with the other one as the subsidury holder.... and we both get two for one vouchers and with the upgrade they last two years!!

Raffles
5th February 2010, 14:19
I don't think their is any difference in credit worthiness between the two cards. It's not as if you get a higher credit limit with the Premium Plus card. I would apply for the PP straight off.

Don't forget to use 'refer a friend' for the second application. You get 4k miles for referring him and he gets 7k miles for being referred! The link is on the Amex website after you've logged in, it usually shows itself as a boxed ad.

tyroleandancer
5th February 2010, 14:37
I don't think their is any difference in credit worthiness between the two cards. It's not as if you get a higher credit limit with the Premium Plus card. I would apply for the PP straight off.

Don't forget to use 'refer a friend' for the second application. You get 4k miles for referring him and he gets 7k miles for being referred! The link is on the Amex website after you've logged in, it usually shows itself as a boxed ad.

Hi Raffles :)
Are they usually slow accepting applications. Dh's application was done over a week ago and still no email confirmation?
Thanks