PDA

View Full Version : A use for your unwanted bras!

Maverick
14th April 2007, 16:56
http://www.breasttalk.co.uk/bra-appeal/

Angel
14th April 2007, 19:39
That is a good idea. Although I was told by a fitter at Bravissimo that a bra should only be used for up to six months, since it stretches and loses its support. So I am not sure how good a used bra would be.

princess_poppet
14th April 2007, 20:04
That is a good idea. Although I was told by a fitter at Bravissimo that a bra should only be used for up to six months, since it stretches and loses its support. So I am not sure how good a used bra would be.

i was told by a fitter use for only 3 months.......

Gizmos
14th April 2007, 21:59
I use mine until they are no longer supportive or are falling apart. It all depends on how you take care of them and also ifyou have weight loss/gain.

Will sort some of my "old" ones out I think, also it might be worth in future if you are ordering stuff online to make up the money for free delivery etc add the cheapest bra?

Gizmos
14th April 2007, 23:01
ear muffs ...

suziq
14th April 2007, 23:02
lol, hamster hammocks

tiger
14th April 2007, 23:09
I dont know why but every time I look at the thread title, Im expecting to see actual things to do with a bra i.e wind sock? Hanging basket holder? LOL
I thought that too. I thought maybe this should be on the Eco forum, under growing melons. :lol:

Angel
15th April 2007, 09:03
I use mine until they are no longer supportive or are falling apart. It all depends on how you take care of them and also ifyou have weight loss/gain.

Will sort some of my "old" ones out I think, also it might be worth in future if you are ordering stuff online to make up the money for free delivery etc add the cheapest bra?

That is a good idea and send to the charity, although what size would I buy for them?

Gizmos
15th April 2007, 09:10
That is a good idea and send to the charity, although what size would I buy for them?

whatever is the cheapest though I would go for larger ones as these ladies need the more support - not much poin int buying a 34AAA

Grace & Favour
15th April 2007, 09:51
ear muffs ...

I saw the title and just imagined the look on FM's posties face with all his parcels . . . .

(and Kirsty's face too!:o )

tiger
15th April 2007, 11:02
I saw the title and just imagined the look on FM's posties face with all his parcels . . . .

(and Kirsty's face too!:o )

And what are you doing on this thread, G & F? :heh:

tiger
15th April 2007, 11:04
Thanks for posting this Maverick. I've got a couple of unworn ones I bought off ebay that are the wrong size. I'd rather send them to this charity than take to a charity shop to be sold for hardly anything.

Grace & Favour
15th April 2007, 11:06
And what are you doing on this thread, G & F? :heh:

Well - being a practical sort of lad - I thought that maybe I'd learn something useful - y'know - maybe they could be used for straining Gloss paint, or as moulds for fibreglass bumble bee hostels or something . . . . .

tiger
15th April 2007, 11:07
Well - being a practical sort of lad - I thought that maybe I'd learn something useful - y'know - maybe they could be used for straining Gloss paint, or as moulds for fibreglass bumble bee hostels or something . . . . .
OK, I believe you. :D

Maldives
15th April 2007, 11:12
Our G&F has such a way with words...... we are bound to believe him... Yeah Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Maldives
15th April 2007, 11:14
Stupid question? Why is this not in the enviro section, cos it is a form of recycling?

tiger
15th April 2007, 11:25
Stupid question? Why is this not in the enviro section, cos it is a form of recycling?
Good point Maldives.
I'll move it.
Hope that's OK with you Maverick.

Gizmos
15th April 2007, 12:15
Thanks for posting this Maverick. I've got a couple of unworn ones I bought off ebay that are the wrong size. I'd rather send them to this charity than take to a charity shop to be sold for hardly anything.

lots of charity shops refuse bras - which reminds me I have some in my charity bag - brand new one form TK Max and it has the original tags etc on it with RRP of 45 - only cost me 2 thugh. might actually go to TK Maxx and just buy some from their clearance rail to send off, as you can get them for 1 or so

whamfanuk
15th April 2007, 14:43
i will have a sort out cos i have been buying loads of bra from tesco when i get stuck as to what clothes to buy

tanner833
15th April 2007, 14:50
Size of my OH's bra's, a hammock!.lol (looks around)

Filthy Monkey
15th April 2007, 16:31
I'd be a bit wary of this one, ladies... It could be a booby trap!!!

hflower74
10th February 2008, 21:27
Don't throw your old bras away - Donate them to charity with the BreastTalk.co.uk Bra Appeal.

http://www.breasttalk.co.uk/bra-appeal/

jenchin
10th February 2008, 21:44
Will have a sort through, have several I could donate

suzie3441
10th February 2008, 22:03
Oh this is great. I have all my maternity bras to get rid of plus some others. Much prefere to give them to a good cause. Have a rep. :D