PDA

View Full Version : What ways can I bump up my airmiles???

kadiekaismummi
14th March 2010, 14:21
Hi,
I quite new to airmiles & changed my tesco club deals to airmiles as they were offering double for first time airmile accounts....... I really need to find ways of bumping up my airmiles, Is there any other ways of getting airmiles other than using a credit card petrol etc???..... any help would be great, Im really stuck on this one & need to find another 10,000 airmiles!!!!... yes quite a lot, I dont think im ever going to find this amount but was wandering if theres any little ways & means of adding to my airmile account......x :help:

Polo
14th March 2010, 14:23
Seem to recall when I rang them they asked me if I was aware of others ways to get them, there was also an offer of XX miles when taking out the credit card....And you can get miles back for buying online through their website too.... might be worth looking on there first.

Nana
14th March 2010, 14:26
750 airmiles miles for a years subscription to The Times and Sunday Times - you'll find this on the airmiles website.

kadiekaismummi
14th March 2010, 16:10
thank you polo & nana... will take a look x

Polo
14th March 2010, 16:27
oo There's loads of places I didn't realise, go to www.airmiles.co.uk/collect great big long list of stores and mobile recycling etc .

Ladyshopper
16th March 2010, 14:01
Worth mentioning that the 1500 miles you get have to be used by the end of this year, and you also have to book at least 1 nights accomodation through airmiles.

Dominic
16th March 2010, 16:39
:nono: I thought referrals weren't allowed here?! (ref post now removed by Giz)

Well to earn 10,000 airmiles just get the credit card and spend 100,000 on it. Simples!

Gizmos
16th March 2010, 16:41
correct referrals are not permitted

kadiekaismummi
18th March 2010, 12:28
:nono: I thought referrals weren't allowed here?! (ref post now removed by Giz)

Well to earn 10,000 airmiles just get the credit card and spend 100,000 on it. Simples!

Easy Peasy! :bolt::wink8: , why didnt I think of that x

navara
23rd March 2010, 08:52
Just a quick reminder to those who joined the shell drivers club for airmiles check your emails and click on the link for your this quarters bonus points

whisky
28th March 2010, 13:33
I have jsut applied for a Lloyds Tsb cc for 1500 free airmiles. It states in the T&C's to get the free flights that you have to book atleast one night through the airmiles site. My question is, can you pay for this night in a hotel using Tesco points transferred through deals and miles credited to your account?

Khufu
28th March 2010, 13:47
I have jsut applied for a Lloyds Tsb cc for 1500 free airmiles. It states in the T&C's to get the free flights that you have to book atleast one night through the airmiles site. My question is, can you pay for this night in a hotel using Tesco points transferred through deals and miles credited to your account?

No you have to pay cash for it, but hte hotel doesn't have to be in the same place you're travelling to, and you don't have to use it, so book a night in a hotel in croatia where its cheap to fulfil the requirmenets.

clh53
28th March 2010, 18:25
No you have to pay cash for it, but hte hotel doesn't have to be in the same place you're travelling to, and you don't have to use it, so book a night in a hotel in croatia where its cheap to fulfil the requirmenets.

just looked at the conditions because i may be doing this soon and the hotel does have to be at destination or departure

At the time of booking travel a minimum of one night's accommodation must be booked through Airmiles in the country of origin, or destination, within the specified dates of travel.

whisky
28th March 2010, 20:01
Is there any site where you can find the cheapest hotels on airmiles for your destination as airmiles sometimes start off with the cheapest then change half way through and it doesnt have the search option for cheapest first?

dashpole
29th March 2010, 11:44
just looked at the conditions because i may be doing this soon and the hotel does have to be at destination or departure

At the time of booking travel a minimum of one night's accommodation must be booked through Airmiles in the country of origin, or destination, within the specified dates of travel.

True, but as per the quote only the country needs to be the same, ie last year I booked a flight to Barcelona and booked 1 night in Seville :-)

clh53
31st March 2010, 11:13
True, but as per the quote only the country needs to be the same, ie last year I booked a flight to Barcelona and booked 1 night in Seville :-)

thats right you booked the hotel in the country you flew to:)