PDA

View Full Version : Having flowers delivered - Any recommendations please?

MrsSavvy
14th April 2010, 17:28
Have found out a relative has cancer and is about to start aggressive treatment. :(

Would like to send some flowers. Any recommendations? Ofcourse I will go through quidco and appreciate any offers but am more concerned about making a good choice and quality product and service. Having a look I think around ?30 would be appropriate don't want to go OTT or be too cheap. I was also thinking a tied bouquet or delivered in vase would be good as does not require effort after delivered and also retains the experts arrangement.

Since you guys are fountains of knowledge and have so much life experience I thought I'd post this before taking the plunge as I'd like to get it right. It is a relative I haven't seen in years and so want to be sensitive but do not know them well.

Thanks to you all in advance for any advice.:)

obscure
14th April 2010, 17:34
I've always had a good experience with M&S flowers
They will send the vase too which can be a good idea.

Hope you find something you are happy with. its a lovely thing to do

MrsSavvy
14th April 2010, 17:36
Thanks haven't looked at M&S will look now.

suzie3441
14th April 2010, 17:41
Look at quidco.....quite a few places to send flowers from and a few pennies back in your pocket.
I'm sure your friend will love what ever is sent. A plant lasts longer.

northantblue
14th April 2010, 17:42
Ive used Bunches a couple of times and have always been impressed hth.

holliemon
14th April 2010, 18:00
What do you think of sending an orchid - they are not badly priced now but last month and months

MrsSavvy
14th April 2010, 18:12
Thanks for all the advice I am having a good look around. I am a little worried about sending a long lasting plant just incase of a sad outcome. Am I being silly?

I love a couple I've seen on M&S

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Peony-Arrangement/dp/B000OF0M7C?ie=UTF8&qid=1271260891&categoryNodeID=199645031&ref=sr_1_4&page=&node=57591031&sr=1-4&mnSBrand=core&rh=

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Pretty-Bouquet/dp/B001RUXXC4?ie=UTF8&qid=1271261480&categoryNodeID=199645031&ref=sr_1_1&page=&node=48294031&sr=1-1&mnSBrand=core&rh=

What do you think?

suzie3441
14th April 2010, 18:22
The one with the peoneys is lovely.

obscure
14th April 2010, 18:29
Love the peonies, one of my fav flowers, and the churn-vase is great

janice mac
14th April 2010, 18:32
just googled meaning of peony: healing, life

might be a good choice!!

MrsSavvy
14th April 2010, 18:37
just googled meaning of peony: healing, life

might be a good choice!!

I had googled peony too but didn't see that. That probably seals it then. Now I have to decide what to put on the card.

I was surprised how many reviews I read starting. Decided to treat myself to these... How indulgent to send yourself flowers by post. Will do that myself one day but I will need to be really good first.:)

Polo
14th April 2010, 20:01
Sounds like you've made your decision - lovely choice peonys btw.

Was going to recommend bunches too, always had good service you get quidco and posy points (that you can knock off future orders) and have had lots of feedback about the flowers from friends, they also send free chocs and you can add a handmade card and/or a balloon too.

Really nice thing to do, I'm sure it will cheer them