PDA

View Full Version : 20k BMI / 20k BA / 20k Virgin FC / 40k Hilton / 30k PC etc for £35!

Pages : [1] 2

Raffles
16th April 2010, 18:54
Have a look at this if you are in any of the main travel schemes (offfer now extended to 28 February 2011!):

https://www212.americanexpress.com/dsmlive/dsm/int/gb/en/personal/ourcards/allcards/gold/allthedetails_cm.do?vgnextoid=f6103e37ad444110VgnV CM100000cef4ad94RCRD&page=CM

It is the relaunch of the Amex Gold card. There is a £95 fee, but there is also £60 Quidco cashback so the net cost is only £35!!

In return you get a whopping 20,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £500 in the first three months. These should be worth at least £200 if used properly. 20,000 Membership Rewards points are good for:

20,000 BA Miles
20,000 BMI miles
20,000 Virgin FC miles
30,000 Priority Club points (2 nights in a Holiday Inn or HIE outside a major city, or 6 PointsBreak nights)
40,000 Hilton points (1 night in a luxury Hilton inc some London hotels, poss 2 nights in a cheaper city)
30,000 Alitalia miles
20,000 Continental miles
20,000 Delta miles
25,000 Flying Blue miles
1,666 Iberia miles
1,333 Jumeirah Sirius points (good for spa treatments or luxury meals at the Carlton Tower in London, Glasgow opening at some point)
20,000 SAS miles
20,000 Singapore Airlines miles
60,000 Goldpoints Plus points (for Radisson, Park Plaza hotels)
10,000 SPG points

(It seems that Amex has dropped 'Membership Rewards Classic' and now allows Gold card holders to access all MR offers, including the travel rewards).

The card also gives DOUBLE POINTS on all travel spend (flights, hotels, car hire) which could be attractive - that is 2 BA Miles per £1 on travel expenditure which is better than the BA Amex for non-BA flights.

Now, as most of us are BA Amex holders (and in my case a Plat card holder as well) we might be rejected, but it is well worth an application I think. Just remember to cancel before the fee comes around again next year.

Important things to note:
1. This is a CHARGE card and not a credit card. You must settle your account in full every month.
2. Note the £20k minimum income
3. The £95 fee does not count towards the £500 spend

NB: If you clicked on the line above, please delete your cookies before applying via Quidco. You may invalidate your cashback otherwise.

obscure
16th April 2010, 18:56
Nice one Raffles!!! :D

tyroleandancer
16th April 2010, 19:07
Thanks Raffles well worth a punt :)

Raffles
16th April 2010, 19:21
I've amended the first post to stress that this is a CHARGE card and NOT a credit card. You need to settle 100% of your balance every month.

tyroleandancer
16th April 2010, 19:25
Computer said yes :)

whisky
16th April 2010, 20:03
Are BA airmiles the same as standard airmiles as I cannot find anywhere for redeeming points against BA flights.

Gizmos
16th April 2010, 20:07
BA Miles are BA Miles - Air Miles are Air Miles - two different things

V1P3R
17th April 2010, 15:16
thanks raffles

lrb76
17th April 2010, 15:24
thanks Raffles :)

Ladyshopper
18th April 2010, 13:21
Very tempted by this. Can I just check, do Tesco and Morrisons take American Express? Would use it for groceries and diesel to make up the £500 spend (would take a couple of months!!) so before I need to pay out for the card I need to make sure it would be accepted in the places I would use it!

tyroleandancer
18th April 2010, 13:34
Very tempted by this. Can I just check, do Tesco and Morrisons take American Express? Would use it for groceries and diesel to make up the £500 spend (would take a couple of months!!) so before I need to pay out for the card I need to make sure it would be accepted in the places I would use it!

Tesco do :) There should be a list of places that take the card on the Amex site :)

Raffles
18th April 2010, 14:11
Even if you don't belong to any travel schemes, you can also cash in your 20,000 points for £100 of gift vouchers, so you'd be £65 up if your Quidco tracks OK (and £5 up if it doesn't!). Vouchers are available for Boots, HMV, House of Fraser, Comet, Amazon, M&S, Waterstones and Homebase and most are available in chunks of £25.

V1P3R
18th April 2010, 15:43
once the £500 is spent is there any need to continue spending on it?
i presume you get better ba/bmi miles using the relevant cards rather than converting MR rewards

jen
18th April 2010, 18:48
Thanks for this, am pleasantly surprised as my OH holds two amex cards already but was approved instantly, fingers crossed quidco tracks.

Raffles
18th April 2010, 19:06
once the £500 is spent is there any need to continue spending on it?
i presume you get better ba/bmi miles using the relevant cards rather than converting MR rewards

For spend on travel, where you get double points, you are effectively getting 2 BA or 2 BMI per £1 so its worth keeping the card for the first year. Might as well cancel before the 2nd £95 fee comes due, though.

99redballs
18th April 2010, 19:07
sound great hope it's sill available when i finally get home on 29 april

wejd
18th April 2010, 20:50
Thanks Raffles:)

jen
19th April 2010, 13:42
How long are peoples' transactions taking to show in quidco, mine is still not showing from yesterday?

Ladyshopper
19th April 2010, 13:52
Did you click on Raffles link Jen, and if so did you clear your cookies?

I deliberately didn't click on the link to try and avoid tracking problems, am going to apply shortly.

jen
19th April 2010, 14:42
No I didn't click on the Raffles link, but I still cleared all my cookies and browsing history etc, bit annoying really! I use quidco quite a lot and had to wait a couple of years for one amex payment, the only real problem I have had - so far!
Bit cross with quidco anyway as I emailed them 3 or 4 weeks ago about tracking and payment statistics and they replied that they had received my email and would be responding shortly but haven't.

tyroleandancer
19th April 2010, 14:46
No I didn't click on the Raffles link, but I still cleared all my cookies and browsing history etc, bit annoying really! I use quidco quite a lot and had to wait a couple of years for one amex payment, the only real problem I have had - so far!
Bit cross with quidco anyway as I emailed them 3 or 4 weeks ago about tracking and payment statistics and they replied that they had received my email and would be responding shortly but haven't.

Mine hasn't tracked Jen

Khufu
19th April 2010, 17:59
Don't want to click on the link before going to quidco! Do you have to decide on the scheme you want the points on when you join?

Raffles
19th April 2010, 19:25
No. You get a Membership Rewards account (bit like a Nectar account) and you redeem from it as you wish. You can spread them about as well - 5000 to BA, 5000 to BMI, 5000 for a £25 gift card etc etc.

You can also transfer them 1:1 to Nectar if you wanted, which would give you £100 to spend in Sainsburys or £200 for a massive blow-out at an Ask restaurant!

Khufu
19th April 2010, 19:26
Aha sounds even better because I just need 10k of BMI and I can then use the others elsewhere, think OH might want one too!

Ladyshopper
19th April 2010, 19:34
Had anyone had it track on quidco?

jen
19th April 2010, 20:54
Mine hasn't tracked Jen

Thanks for letting me know, sorry yours hasn't tracked but it may be a general thing that it takes longer than normal for amex to track.
Everything I have done recently through quidco has tracked straightaway apart from this!

ukmonkey
19th April 2010, 22:20
Is the £95 fee applied to the account, or do you have to pay it via debit/credit card as soon as you're approved? I nderstand that you don't earn points for the fee, but do you need to pay it upfront, or is it added to your account, for you to pay at the end of the month?

tyroleandancer
19th April 2010, 22:21
Is the £95 fee applied to the account, or do you have to pay it via debit/credit card as soon as you're approved? I nderstand that you don't earn points for the fee, but do you need to pay it upfront, or is it added to your account, for you to pay at the end of the month?

I wasn't asked for it
I think it will be on your first bill

ukmonkey
19th April 2010, 23:02
Thanks TD.

stuzhunter
20th April 2010, 01:52
I have applied for this. I did not get an instant decision. I need to wait for another 10 days for a response apparently!

For a £35 'net' cost this is pretty good:

To buy 20000 miles from BA it would cost you £319+£15+£31+£15= £380
To To buy 20000 miles from BMI it would cost you £315+£15= £330
To buy 24000 miles from Air France it would cost you £538!

Raffles
20th April 2010, 10:16
.... although, with BA and Air France, you are unlikely to get that much value when you redeem (unless you use a 2-4-1 BA voucher).

However, I generally find I do get 1.5p+ when I redeem BMI miles for long-haul business class flights, so this is genuinely worth £300 to me. 20k is a one-way business class ticket to the US, for instance.

stuzhunter
20th April 2010, 13:02
Raffles,

What do you mean by 2-4-1 BA voucher? Are you referring to the double BA promotion for first timers which ended last month?

Raffles
20th April 2010, 18:33
Raffles,

What do you mean by 2-4-1 BA voucher? Are you referring to the double BA promotion for first timers which ended last month?

No, I'm referring to the '2 flights for the miles of 1' voucher you get when you take out the BA Amex (free) or BA Premium Plus Amex (£150 per year) and spend £20k / £10k respectively inside a year.

Second Born
20th April 2010, 20:47

Tesco and Morrisons both take Amex. So does the Co-op.

Ladyshopper
20th April 2010, 21:02
Thanks Second Born.

Well, I've just applied and been accepted. I actually find it quite scary how easy it is to get credit cards, in the last 2 months I have obtained 3 now. :eek:

One was because I needed a new 0% to pay my holiday deposit on (and get £20 through quidco), then the other two have been to get reward points for free hotel stays to make my New York trip as cheap as possible. The credit they give you is amazing though, and I can understand how some people would be tempted to go on a massive spending spree (luckily I'm not like that).

ukmonkey
20th April 2010, 21:30
Ladyshopper - be aware that this is a CHARGECARD - slightly different to a credit card, in that the debt needs to be cleared in full at the end of each month (or billing period). The ethos of your post still stands though.

Ladyshopper
20th April 2010, 21:36
Thats not a problem Ukmonkey, but thanks for that. I will be basically using it for groceries and diesel instead of my debit card, then simply moving it across to pay it off. Will also be keeping all receipts so I don't overspend (and so I can stop at £500!).

Raffles
20th April 2010, 21:39
then the other two have been to get reward points for free hotel stays to make my New York trip as cheap as possible. The credit they give you is amazing though, and I can understand how some people would be tempted to go on a massive spending spree (luckily I'm not like that).

For New York hotels .... 20k Membership Rewards = 30,000 Priority Club points. This is good for 2 nights at the new Candlewood Suites in Times Square: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/hotel/nyccw?rpb=guestInfo&crUrl=/h/d/pc/1/en/rates_award_night/nyccw which is not a bad deal at all for a credit card sign-up bonus!

Ladyshopper
20th April 2010, 22:29
Well, assuming everything posts as it should Raffles I've got 25,000 points from the priority visa card promotion (link you put up previously) plus 30,000 from this.

Should definitely help keep costs down on a 3 night stay in New York!

Raffles
20th April 2010, 23:18
Well, assuming everything posts as it should Raffles I've got 25,000 points from the priority visa card promotion (link you put up previously) plus 30,000 from this.

Should definitely help keep costs down on a 3 night stay in New York!

Even better then ... either 3 nights at a Candlewood or 2 nights at a Crowne Plaza!

navara
21st April 2010, 14:00
.... although, with BA and Air France, you are unlikely to get that much value when you redeem (unless you use a 2-4-1 BA voucher).

However, I generally find I do get 1.5p+ when I redeem BMI miles for long-haul business class flights, so this is genuinely worth £300 to me. 20k is a one-way business class ticket to the US, for instance.

What is availability like in school holidays?

Khufu
21st April 2010, 14:37
Aargh referred for OH - means it won't track on quidco! Probably because we have one or two AE cards already!

Raffles
21st April 2010, 18:14
What is availability like in school holidays?

Depends where you go. Better than BA because you can pick from Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, LOT, Continental, Thai, Asiana, US, Continental, United, TAP, Air New Zealand etc. Usually a doddle in Business Class, have never booked Economy with BMI miles so wouldn't know. Remember that as you are reliant on non-British airlines it can be tricky to get to places where only the British fly, eg Orlando or Barbados.

Lufthansa is generally seen as the most generous airline anywhere in terms of making miles seats available in Business and First, but does have occasional blocks. I got 4 First Class seats on the same flight to New York last August easily and we had 3 business class to Dubai over peak Easter (left the Thursday before Good Friday) albeit we booked a year in advance.

navara
21st April 2010, 18:33
Depends where you go. Better than BA because you can pick from Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, LOT, Continental, Thai, Asiana, US, Continental, United, TAP, Air New Zealand etc. Usually a doddle in Business Class, have never booked Economy with BMI miles so wouldn't know. Remember that as you are reliant on non-British airlines it can be tricky to get to places where only the British fly, eg Orlando or Barbados.

Lufthansa is generally seen as the most generous airline anywhere in terms of making miles seats available in Business and First, but does have occasional blocks. I got 4 First Class seats on the same flight to New York last August easily and we had 3 business class to Dubai over peak Easter (left the Thursday before Good Friday) albeit we booked a year in advance.
Thanks i will have to ring. We have around 70k between the two of us so should be able to sort something then for next May.

Raffles
21st April 2010, 23:18
Thanks i will have to ring. We have around 70k between the two of us so should be able to sort something then for next May.

NO! Never ring BMI BEFORE checking that what you want is available, it goes to idiots in India who tell you nonsense to fob you off!

There is an online tool run by Japanese airline ANA which shows you what is available. Details here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/882941-bmi-faq-no-4-redemptions-finding-award-seats-ana-online-tool-masterclass.html

tyroleandancer
22nd April 2010, 15:14
My card arrived today :)

harryboy
23rd April 2010, 21:24
anyone tracked yet?

tyroleandancer
24th April 2010, 00:30
anyone tracked yet?

No not yet
I've activated the card and used it so fingers crossed :)

Triker
24th April 2010, 10:45
Seriously tempted by this offer and thanks to Raffles for sharing all the useful info. Appreciate it.:D

JANED9388
25th April 2010, 16:05
that was surprisingly easy and quick - now for the paypal pre-pay card....

Ladyshopper
27th April 2010, 19:51
Make sure you join the membership rewards scheme as well once you have activated your card, so they can give you the points!!

I was a little confused as online it said there was a yearly charge to join the rewards scheme, so I phoned up and was told that was an error and it was done free of charge.

tyroleandancer
27th April 2010, 22:40
Make sure you join the membership rewards scheme as well once you have activated your card, so they can give you the points!!

I was a little confused as online it said there was a yearly charge to join the rewards scheme, so I phoned up and was told that was an error and it was done free of charge.

How daft am I :rolleyes: I can't remember if I said I was a BA exec club member when I applied. Did you ring the LS?

Raffles
27th April 2010, 23:02
How daft am I :rolleyes: I can't remember if I said I was a BA exec club member when I applied. Did you ring the LS?

It doesn't matter, you can move your MR points to anyone I listed in the first post, not just BA. And you can move them at your leisure, they don't expire unless you cancel the card.

tyroleandancer
27th April 2010, 23:03
It doesn't matter, you can move your MR points to anyone I listed in the first post, not just BA. And you can move them at your leisure, they don't expire unless you cancel the card.

Thank you :) Half way to my bonus points thanks to a friend who wanted me to book a flight for them :)

Khufu
28th April 2010, 12:08
OH's has just arrived, no quidco tracking though

Ladyshopper
28th April 2010, 18:56

Yes I did ring. 01273 863863. Extremely helpful.

Khufu
29th April 2010, 14:50
Right thanks for help so far, the card is now activated, but can anyone help? How do we join the rewards scheme?

navara
29th April 2010, 14:56
Right thanks for help so far, the card is now activated, but can anyone help? How do we join the rewards scheme?
Ring them 01273 863863

craigh
30th April 2010, 12:33
Hi, I am using this thread for my first post.
Got my card today, and after activating it, it does say:
"Your Membership Rewards Points Balance..."
So it worked without activating MR seperately. Maybe they fixed it now.
Thanks to OP, btw.

shopsomemore
30th April 2010, 23:07
Anyone any idea of the Hilton in Brussels - would we get 2 nights for 40,000 - is that the way it works?

tyroleandancer
30th April 2010, 23:56
Hi, I am using this thread for my first post.
Got my card today, and after activating it, it does say:
"Your Membership Rewards Points Balance..."
So it worked without activating MR seperately. Maybe they fixed it now.
Thanks to OP, btw.

Hi :) welcome to PTS

ukmonkey
4th May 2010, 13:07
Anybody's Quidco tracked yet???

stuzhunter
6th May 2010, 14:33
My application has been succeesful..it's been a fortnight..no quidco tracking yet.

stuzhunter
10th May 2010, 01:43
Be warned!

I have received my card & pin. The fee on the terms & conditions is £125 not £95.

Also I tried to use the card at Wickes & Wilkinson and both these two shops do not accept amercian express card. Most supermarkets & DIY shops do not seem to accept the card.

So how am I gonna spend £500 to get the points if I can't use the card anywhere?

207cc
10th May 2010, 09:02
Be warned!

I have received my card & pin. The fee on the terms & conditions is £125 not £95.

Also I tried to use the card at Wickes & Wilkinson and both these two shops do not accept amercian express card. Most supermarkets & DIY shops do not seem to accept the card.

So how am I gonna spend £500 to get the points if I can't use the card anywhere?

Tesco and M&S accept the card.

Ladyshopper
10th May 2010, 09:06
I've just had my statement, and the fee applied was definitely £95.

Been using mine at tesco and morrisons with no problem at all.

Still no tracking on quidco, so that will be an enquiry to go in.

Raffles
10th May 2010, 16:47

There are no national chain stores that don't take Amex that I can think of (albeit I obviously don't shop everywhere!). The last big hold-outs were John Lewis and Boots, both of whom started taking it 2-3 years ago.

Some private shops which do take it sometimes pretend they don't, simply because Amex's fees are higher than Mastercard or Visa. Or they say they take it but the terminal mysteriously doesn't work ....

harryboy
10th May 2010, 19:10
Iceland declined it today.

harryboy
10th May 2010, 19:12
My fee was £95, it may to phone up AMEX to check that the bonus points are added as it seems several cards are missing points due to an error, i was one of them!

stuzhunter
11th May 2010, 12:24
I have phoned Amex & they confirmed the fee is £95.

B&Q also does not accept the card but Sainsbury does

SAVVYSHOPPER
12th May 2010, 21:40
Has this tracked for anyone yet? Was wondering whether to submit an e-mail because it is more than 14 days since I applied

Any help/advice greatly appreciated as a novice at Quidco

xxSS

Ladyshopper
12th May 2010, 22:03
No, not tracked. You can't submit an earnings enquiry for 30 days, I've already checked.

Khufu
12th May 2010, 22:17
no tracking for me, but its not 30 days yet

SAVVYSHOPPER
12th May 2010, 22:34
Thanks Ladyshopper and Khufu - I'll keep an eye on this and submit an enquiry after 30 days

xxSS

99redballs
12th May 2010, 23:09
got my card through!!
now need to spend the money! i wish i could pay car tax on it, both mine and oh are due this month.

tyroleandancer
12th May 2010, 23:12
got my card through!!
now need to spend the money! i wish i could pay car tax on it, both mine and oh are due this month.

I load my paypal top up card from my other amex card.
The top up card is a visa so widely accepted.
May be worth looking into
https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/PPTUCHome-outside

Raffles
13th May 2010, 12:48
got my card through!!

If you pay it over the counter at a Post Office you should be able to use it, people have been using them to buy premium bonds over the counter

stuzhunter
13th May 2010, 21:44
Full list of companies which accept/don't accept Amex Card here on MSE: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=469

Also looking at the terms & conditions, once you've pocketed your 20000 points, you could cancel the card & they should refund the annual charge pro-rata!

stuzhunter
13th May 2010, 21:47
no tracking for me, but its not 30 days yet

The AMEX £60 Quidco cashback is now advertised on the latest Quidco mailshot.. I am puzzle that these transactions are still not being tracked!

99redballs
15th May 2010, 12:03
I load my paypal top up card from my other amex card.
The top up card is a visa so widely accepted.
May be worth looking into
https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/PPTUCHome-outside
already on to that one thanks;)

If you pay it over the counter at a Post Office you should be able to use it, people have been using them to buy premium bonds over the counter
ill give it a try, will i be charged a cash advance fee?

Full list of companies which accept/don't accept Amex Card here on MSE: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=469

Also looking at the terms & conditions, once you've pocketed your 20000 points, you could cancel the card & they should refund the annual charge pro-rata!this will be worth doing ,as soon as i've spent the minimum, i won't be spending in at again, so i may as well canx straight away so i don't forget to canx in 12 months time.

obscure
15th May 2010, 12:33
Edit - I have now read it properly! Sorry

Raffles
15th May 2010, 14:55
ill give it a try, will i be charged a cash advance fee?

Not for premium bonds, it is treated as a purchase in a post office. This (I think) is because the machines are set up mainly for payments for envelopes and the other tat they sell and so everything that goes through them is treated as 'stuff'.

baconbap
15th May 2010, 20:07
Trying to get my head round all this. With BMI miles I think you have to pay taxes and charges. How do you find out how much these would come to, please?

tyroleandancer
15th May 2010, 21:53
Trying to get my head round all this. With BMI miles I think you have to pay taxes and charges. How do you find out how much these would come to, please?

Do a dummy booking BB, the taxes will show on the amount to pay :)
I think transatlantic will be approx £300

baconbap
15th May 2010, 22:43
Do a dummy booking BB, the taxes will show on the amount to pay :)
I think transatlantic will be approx £300

Tried with turkish airlines which is a star alliance airline and it doesn't show the taxes separately. Maybe you need to be a member of whatever first to do this?

Raffles
15th May 2010, 22:59
Tried with turkish airlines which is a star alliance airline and it doesn't show the taxes separately. Maybe you need to be a member of whatever first to do this?

Do the dummy booking on Expedia, the taxes are clearly shown when you select the flight. Note that air passenger duty rises in November, so for a flight after November do your dummy booking for a date post November.

baconbap
15th May 2010, 23:41
Do the dummy booking on Expedia, the taxes are clearly shown when you select the flight. Note that air passenger duty rises in November, so for a flight after November do your dummy booking for a date post November.

Ah, a mine of information as usual - thought it wasn't going to work - you almost have to pay for the flight before it says £88 taxes out of £195.

Thank you.

Donpacifico
19th May 2010, 09:53
I have spent the qualifying amount ( over £500) on the card and paid the bill.
Does anyone know how long it takes for the 20,000 Rewards points to show on my account? At moment it shows 570 points which is the amount i spent.
I think i will change these for Virgin Atlantic Miles as i currently have 56k miles and i will try and get balance up to 100k and also at some point next year trigger the 241 for VA Amex card.

tyroleandancer
19th May 2010, 10:57
I have spent the qualifying amount ( over £500) on the card and paid the bill.
Does anyone know how long it takes for the 20,000 Rewards points to show on my account? At moment it shows 570 points which is the amount i spent.
I think i will change these for Virgin Atlantic Miles as i currently have 56k miles and i will try and get balance up to 100k and also at some point next year trigger the 241 for VA Amex card.

Same her Don. I should trigger BA 241 by end of year. I need to start thinking about where I want to go :)

Donpacifico
19th May 2010, 13:54
Same her Don. I should trigger BA 241 by end of year. I need to start thinking about where I want to go :)

I wont trigger mine in this 12month period with my VA Amex b:mad:t my next 12 month period will start in Aug and with the help of PP card i will be able to do it.

You could go to Oz for Ashes in Winter ?

tyroleandancer
19th May 2010, 14:30
I wont trigger mine in this 12month period with my VA Amex b:mad:t my next 12 month period will start in Aug and with the help of PP card i will be able to do it.

You could go to Oz for Ashes in Winter ?

Now that would be fantastic but dd would be up in arms :lol:

I opted for the premium BA card - 241 will be valid for 2 years :)

SAVVYSHOPPER
22nd May 2010, 15:52
Not sure whats going on with Amex because I logged into my account today because I have spent the required £500 (not including £95 card fee) and not only is this not showing but the 2 points per pound spent on petrol purchases and supermarket visits wasn't showing either so I gave them a ring and they said that there is a problem in that the card issued was a gold card and this is not the correct card and they have been aware of the problem since 15th May - they are switching me over to the correct card now and I will get my opening offer of 20,000 Virgin Air Miles and they will sort out the problem with not getting the correct amount of points for supermarket and petrol spends. Anyone else have problems - think you may have to ring to get your cards switched over. Also anyones Quidco tracked yet or is it still too early? Any advice/help greatly appreciated

xxSS

Ladyshopper
22nd May 2010, 19:10
I put in my earnings enquiry yesterday.

How do you know if you have the wrong card or not? I don't expect to trigger my £500 spend until the 3rd month. Do you think its worth ringing in advance of that to check I have right card?

SAVVYSHOPPER
22nd May 2010, 22:43
I was told that it was likely that everyone who has applied for this card with the airmiles promotion has probably got the wrong card so I would suggest you ring up to check. You could also try logging on online to see if you are getting 2 points per £1 spend on supermarket and petrol and if not you probably have the wrong card. Hth

xss

s879
24th May 2010, 09:07
Regarding the suggestion of using the card over the counter at a post office, can i not use the card online? I need to pay car tax for two cars. Do they not accpet amex online? Also, just got my card over the weekend and its the gold one. Will need to get clarification.

Donpacifico
24th May 2010, 10:10
I was told that it was likely that everyone who has applied for this card with the airmiles promotion has probably got the wrong card so I would suggest you ring up to check. You could also try logging on online to see if you are getting 2 points per £1 spend on supermarket and petrol and if not you probably have the wrong card. Hth

xss

I have just sent amex a secure message via my account and asked when the 20,000 reward points will be added.
So will await response.
Thanks for this info.

SAVVYSHOPPER
24th May 2010, 10:57
Your welcome Don - let us know how you get on please

xxSS

jen
24th May 2010, 11:23
We had this problem too, we were told we had applied for the wrong card and that it was our fault! All sorted now and they did apologize, be prepared to be sent out another card. Have put an enquiry in with quidco, put down both card numbers, fingers crossed it is successful, bearing in mind that no cards appear to have tracked I reckon they will honour this but who knows?

Donpacifico
24th May 2010, 12:05
Your welcome Don - let us know how you get on please

xxSS

Will do. I had an auto response email saying that my query would be dealt with in 24 hours.

stuzhunter
24th May 2010, 12:31
I have raised a query with Quidco for the £60 cashback..It looks like I will have to wait for a minimum of 3 months!

I have made purchases at all major supermarkets & I've been getting the bonus points..Looks like I am on the right card...

tyroleandancer
24th May 2010, 12:38
I have just spoken to CS, I have the wrong card.
Thanks for the heads up

Will I get a new card? The lady I spoke to wasn't sure??

tyroleandancer
24th May 2010, 12:38
We had this problem too, we were told we had applied for the wrong card and that it was our fault! All sorted now and they did apologize, be prepared to be sent out another card. Have put an enquiry in with quidco, put down both card numbers, fingers crossed it is successful, bearing in mind that no cards appear to have tracked I reckon they will honour this but who knows?

Thanks Jen :) How long did the new card take?

jen
24th May 2010, 13:10
About a week. Hope all these phone calls won't affect quidco!

tyroleandancer
24th May 2010, 13:47
About a week. Hope all these phone calls won't affect quidco!

I think we'll have to fight for it. I'll wait for my new card and then put an enquiry in.

stuzhunter
24th May 2010, 18:52
Has anybody been able to use the card at the post office (car taxes etc) or buy premium bonds?

Is it possible to load a paypal top up card with this Amex card? This should increase your spending power! I take it paypal charges a fee with each transaction+ an annual fee?

Ladyshopper
24th May 2010, 21:53
If I'm getting the double reward points does that mean i have the correct card? It is gold in colour, and my online stuff does say gold card rather than preferred reward card. Am all confused now!

tyroleandancer
24th May 2010, 21:55
Has anybody been able to use the card at the post office (car taxes etc) or buy premium bonds?

Is it possible to load a paypal top up card with this Amex card? This should increase your spending power! I take it paypal charges a fee with each transaction+ an annual fee?

No idea sorry. raffles will know :)

If I'm getting the double reward points does that mean i have the correct card? It is gold in colour, and my online stuff does say gold card rather than preferred reward card. Am all confused now!

Mine is gold in colour but is still the wrong one. I'd ring if I was you.

SAVVYSHOPPER
24th May 2010, 22:17
Mine is gold in colour too but still the wrong one but I'm not getting double points on supermarket and petrol spends

xxSS

Donpacifico
24th May 2010, 23:12

I have used the card to buy a Premium Bond at the post office.

Donpacifico
24th May 2010, 23:14
I have had the following response from AMEX by secure message to my query on bonus points.

Dear Mr xxxxx,

Thank you for your email regarding the 20,000 bonus Membership Reward points and double Membership Reward points you earn on supermarket and petrol spend in your first year of card membership.

I apologise for any confusion or concern this may have caused. We are currently experiencing a technical issue with the double Membership Reward points you should be earning. Our Technologies team are aware of this issue and are looking to get this resolved as a matter of urgency. In the meantime I have set up a case to our Back Office Team requesting them to look at your account individually and add the bonus points manually. Please allow 7-10 working days for these to be added to your account.

With regards to the 20,000 bonus Membership Reward points, these are applied to your account approximately one month after you have reached the required spend of £500 within the first three months of your account being opened.

I apologise for any inconvenience.

Should you have any other queries for us about this or other matters please don’t hesitate to send us an email or call our Customer Services Department 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 01273 620555 and we will be happy to be of assistance.

Yours sincerely, Neil Fox

Raffles
25th May 2010, 11:07

You can load the Amex from the Paypal card with no problems and no fees. This applies to any Amex. There is no fee at all for loading the Paypal card from an Amex credit or charge card, apart from the one-off £5 fee for the Paypal card in the first place.

You cannot use an Amex in a post office for premium bonds, I'm pretty sure of this. However, you can use the Paypal card so nothing stops you doing Amex to Paypal to Premium Bonds (over counter only, not online) to cash. Obviously its easier if you use the Paypal instead for stuff where Visa Debit is taken but not Amex cards.

stuzhunter
25th May 2010, 13:52
Thanks Raffles. I will look into the paypal card a bit more.

Amex has confirmed that I have the correct card. They said after I have spent £500, the 20000 points will be on my next statement.

navara
25th May 2010, 14:44
NO! Never ring BMI BEFORE checking that what you want is available, it goes to idiots in India who tell you nonsense to fob you off!

There is an online tool run by Japanese airline ANA which shows you what is available. Details here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club/882941-bmi-faq-no-4-redemptions-finding-award-seats-ana-online-tool-masterclass.html

ANA card arrived today thanks Raffles.

oyster
25th May 2010, 15:30
Are any of you guys being accepted for this offer if you already hold existing Amex cards?
I already have an amex platinum charge card and a BA premium plus Amex. I can see potentially why Amex might question why I want an additional gold card.

Alos as I'm already signed up to membership rewards, would I need a new MR account if they did accept me?

Raffles
26th May 2010, 10:15
Some people on Flyertalk have been accepted with a Plat and a BA Amex. I am going to try it this week as well so will let you know.

MR - you keep the same Membership Rewards account and points from both your Plat and Gold cards will merge in it. I used to use the same account for my Plat charge card and the Corporate Amex my employer gave me.

Raffles
27th May 2010, 12:23
Some people on Flyertalk have been accepted with a Plat and a BA Amex. I am going to try it this week as well so will let you know.

Just applied and been told my application will need a manual review and they will write to me in 10 days.

Remember that the 20,000 bonus miles ends (in theory) after 7th June - of course it may be extended but you never know - so don't leave it too long if you are thinking of applying.

oyster
27th May 2010, 14:20
Just applied and been told my application will need a manual review and they will write to me in 10 days.

Remember that the 20,000 bonus miles ends (in theory) after 7th June - of course it may be extended but you never know - so don't leave it too long if you are thinking of applying.

I applied last night too and got the same message.
Thanks Raffles.

99redballs
2nd June 2010, 23:22
i got accepted no probs:shocked:, and we already have ba Amex basic (me and hubby have acc each) and hubby a BA premium. also bmi amex for me and hubby.
perhaps it helps if you apply for a new card every month or so:confused::der::D, strange as i thought the opposite would happen:confused:

Donpacifico
4th June 2010, 21:50
The 20,000 Bonus Reward points have been added to my account and i have changed them into Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Miles.

However today i recieved a 2nd Gold Card,( which i assume is to replace current one) I dont think i will bother to activate this, as i have now got my 20k bonus.

What i need to find out now is, if i trigger 241 on my Virgin Atlantic Amex account will i be able to get the 241 if first ticket is purchased using Virgin Flying Club Miles?

SAVVYSHOPPER
4th June 2010, 22:36
Are the points showing on the old card or the new one Don - I also received a new card today and activated it and then found I had over 21000 miles in rewards but this was on the new number. Not sure if on the old number because I have not checked. The new card will have a slightly different number.

Thanks

xxSS

tyroleandancer
4th June 2010, 22:41
Are the points showing on the old card or the new one Don - I also received a new card today and activated it and then found I had over 21000 miles in rewards but this was on the new number. Not sure if on the old number because I have not checked. The new card will have a slightly different number.

Thanks

xxSS

I registerd my new card today and now have a few hundred extra points.

Ladyshopper
4th June 2010, 22:50
Is anyone else getting triple points on petrol at tesco? I know its double points at supermarkets, but both times I've filled up the card there since getting the card I've definitely got triple points. :)

Donpacifico
4th June 2010, 22:57

Thanks

xxSS

My points are on the old number. This could be interesting as i havent activated the new number yet, so i may do so and then see if i have points on there aswell.

far canel
5th June 2010, 01:58
Is anyone else getting triple points on petrol at tesco? I know its double points at supermarkets, but both times I've filled up the card there since getting the card I've definitely got triple points. :)

I think they are treating it as travel, I got triple points for fuel and also for booking through hotels.com for a Jersey hotel.

Raffles
5th June 2010, 11:53
My points are on the old number. This could be interesting as i havent activated the new number yet, so i may do so and then see if i have points on there aswell.

Shouldn't matter - your Membership Rewards account has its own number (diff to your card numbers) and you can link numerous cards to the same MR account.

oizilein
10th June 2010, 15:50
Has anyone tried buying premium bonds with this card? I'm wondering if I can spend the £500 this way without it being charged as cash advance

Raffles
10th June 2010, 22:53
Has anyone tried buying premium bonds with this card? I'm wondering if I can spend the £500 this way without it being charged as cash advance

No, definitely won't work

obscure
14th June 2010, 10:30
Hi All

Has anyone had this track with Quidco yet?

TIA

Ladyshopper
14th June 2010, 10:32
Nope. Put in an earnings enquiry and not heard anything.

harryboy
14th June 2010, 15:45
mine has tracked after putting in an enquiry

obscure
14th June 2010, 18:07
mine has tracked after putting in an enquiry

Thats good to hear :)
Thanks

harryboy
14th June 2010, 18:57
still waiting for my reward points to be added though!

stuzhunter
18th June 2010, 09:55
I have spent well over £500 about a month ago-no points yet.. I queried this and this was the reply:

'The 20,000 bonus points will be applied to your Membership Rewards™ account within a month of the initial 3-month period concluding. After the 3-month period the account is assessed to ensure that you have reached the required spend threshold, and the points are then applied.'

My quidco has tracked after putting an enquiry.

Raffles
18th June 2010, 10:22
My quidco has tracked after putting an enquiry.

Has it really tracked, or is that just the £60 which Quidco puts into your earnings automatically when you make an enquiry? My guess is the latter.

jen
18th June 2010, 13:55
Agree with Raffles, mine is showing as tracked at initial glance but in fact it is just saying that they are investigating. Have to say not holding my breath as Amex is the only thing which hasn't tracked in the past for me and the inquiry was rejected, however quidco paid it last year in a goodwill gesture whereby they paid off unpaid cashback. Not too bothered if it doesn't as have done very well out of quidco and get very good value from the ba miles!

baconbap
19th June 2010, 14:59
This offer is on again till July 5th. So I can spend another few weeks wondering whether OH should do this or not.

stuzhunter
20th June 2010, 04:05
Has it really tracked, or is that just the £60 which Quidco puts into your earnings automatically when you make an enquiry? My guess is the latter.

Raffles, I think you may be right

lisa
21st June 2010, 14:03
I think they are treating it as travel, I got triple points for fuel and also for booking through hotels.com for a Jersey hotel.

Hi,

I have also got this card - I booked some car hire on it whilst in Jamaica but have only got single points, what should I have got, do I have the incorrect card?

TIA
Lisa

heatherbelle
24th June 2010, 11:20
Thank you for posting this OP. Both DH and I now have the cards, as we have only just recently signed, up, we have the correct cards with the corret amount of bonus points once we hit the spend threshold.

Then i have to work out how to redeme them etc. Plenty of time for that though.

harryboy
24th June 2010, 18:58
Just had my 20000 points added:clap2::clap2::clap2:

99redballs
25th June 2010, 00:11
im having problems with my points not crediting properly, spent 662 this month and got 92 points?????? most of spend was on petrol and food. ive emailed yet again demanding them to refund £95 and close account, lets see what happens?

stuzhunter
1st July 2010, 14:26
im having problems with my points not crediting properly, spent 662 this month and got 92 points?????? most of spend was on petrol and food. ive emailed yet again demanding them to refund £95 and close account, lets see what happens?

Have you checked that you have the correct card? If you close the account they will refund your annual fee pro-rata so you may get less than £95.

stuzhunter
1st July 2010, 15:04
Just had my £60 Quidco cashback validated.

tyroleandancer
2nd July 2010, 09:43
Mines been declined, order not found :(

Any idea how I reopen the enquiry?
Thanks

SAVVYSHOPPER
2nd July 2010, 10:26
Mines also been declined - any info on what to do next would be much appreciated - thanks

xxSS

Raffles
2nd July 2010, 12:29
Write to Amex. They have very good customer services. Send a screenprint of your declined Quidco and ask for a £60 fee reduction. You have a decent chance of getting it - they understand that if you stay as a customer for a few year they will make a pile of money on card fees, and if they don't help you you will probably clear off.

SAVVYSHOPPER
2nd July 2010, 13:02
Thanks Raffles - I will give that a try - I'll let you know how I get on

xxSS

alymac
2nd July 2010, 22:23
mine got accepted!

alymac
2nd July 2010, 22:25
okay..stupid question time....

flight to dubai, 20,000 plus £180...i take it thats a return??? sorry just not understanding ba site!

Raffles
3rd July 2010, 08:36
okay..stupid question time....

flight to dubai, 20,000 plus £180...i take it thats a return??? sorry just not understanding ba site!

That is BMI Diamond Club, not BA. And it is 20k + £140 + tax. BMI does not do Dubai so you will be on one of its partners, probably Lufthansa via Frankfurt or Munich, or Swiss via Zurich. We did LH via Munich at Easter.

However, you are SUBSTANTIALLY better off waiting until you have 30,000, because that gets you business class (30,000 miles + £210 + tax). Swiss now has fully-flat beds on the Dubai run too! You can get the extra 10,000 very easily with the Paypal Topup Card.

And that is return, yes. Halve that for a one-way.

(On BA, it is 40,000 for an Economy return and 80,000 for a business return, albeit you don't pay the £140/£210 but do still pay taxes.)

alymac
3rd July 2010, 09:57
That is BMI Diamond Club, not BA. And it is 20k + £140 + tax. BMI does not do Dubai so you will be on one of its partners, probably Lufthansa via Frankfurt or Munich, or Swiss via Zurich. We did LH via Munich at Easter.

However, you are SUBSTANTIALLY better off waiting until you have 30,000, because that gets you business class (30,000 miles + £210 + tax). Swiss now has fully-flat beds on the Dubai run too! You can get the extra 10,000 very easily with the Paypal Topup Card.

And that is return, yes. Halve that for a one-way.

(On BA, it is 40,000 for an Economy return and 80,000 for a business return, albeit you don't pay the £140/£210 but do still pay taxes.)

Thanks Raffles for your advices.

Do you have a link for the Paypal Topup Card for the 10,000?

Raffles
3rd July 2010, 15:57
Thanks Raffles for your advices.

Do you have a link for the Paypal Topup Card for the 10,000?

There is a thread on here. You do not get points for getting the card. Basically you need to load your Paypal card via your Amex with £2k per month, and then use the Paypal card to pay your Amex bill online. You get 2,000 points a month (max 10k a year) for no cost (well, the Paypal card is £4.95 but that is it).

Remember that BMI's own Amex card (issued by MBNA, so you can still have it despite having this Amex) has a 20,000 mile sign up bonus as well.

heatherbelle
3rd July 2010, 21:31
Just had my 20000 points added:clap2::clap2::clap2:

How long did it take Harryboy?

harryboy
3rd July 2010, 22:34
i emailed them twice, after the second they called me & said they would add them straight away then I recieved a letter to confirm they had beeen added, they were added 24th June and I took out card at beginning of this thread around the end of April so about 8 weeks, still waiting for Quidco though!

S.K.
4th July 2010, 12:54
Wow! Only just come across this thread! :o

I have a fair few virgin FC miles so would like to change to 20,000 of them out of all the options...

Gonna go for it today, me and the OH, as the quidco is still there too :) - And thank blimmin' god i did notice today, as this AMex offer ends tomorrow! :eek:

Nick of time stuff, lol.

Thanks Raffles, love it! Have repped :)

xx

alymac
4th July 2010, 13:55
how quickly did your quidco track?

99redballs
5th July 2010, 23:22
Have you checked that you have the correct card? If you close the account they will refund your annual fee pro-rata so you may get less than £95.
amex have now got me on the correct card, however my quidco has been declined:mad:, i have sent another quiery, fingers crossed.

Write to Amex. They have very good customer services. Send a screenprint of your declined Quidco and ask for a £60 fee reduction. You have a decent chance of getting it - they understand that if you stay as a customer for a few year they will make a pile of money on card fees, and if they don't help you you will probably clear off.
good customer service, raffles???? it took 5 emails to finally get on the correct rewards tariff!
i shall however phone them with regards to the cashback being refunded, hope yours tracked ok. this is the second quidco not to track, and surprise surprise it's a high amount:rolleyes:

tyroleandancer
5th July 2010, 23:35
amex have now got me on the correct card, however my quidco has been declined:mad:, i have sent another quiery, fingers crossed.

good customer service, raffles???? it took 5 emails to finally get on the correct rewards tariff!
i shall however phone them with regards to the cashback being refunded, hope yours tracked ok. this is the second quidco not to track, and surprise surprise it's a high amount:rolleyes:

I have no record of the 1st card number they sent me :( so hold no hope of reopening my ticket with Quidco. I've emailed amex in the hope they will waiver my fee!!!!!!

tyroleandancer
6th July 2010, 15:50
This is the reply I have had from AMEX :rolleyes:

Thank you for your email regarding a cash back offer from Quidco.

I'm sorry to say that American Express® do not have a relationship with Quidco. Therefore, if Quidco have advertised that you can earn £60 cash back if you apply for a card via their website then they are liable for the offer.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. I can fully appreciate that you may well have applied for your new card based on this offer and may well be disappointed to learn that the offer was misleading. The benefits of American Express' products are available to you as a new cardmember. Please take the time to visit our websites product pages to learn more, the link is provided below. Alternatively, feel free to email us or call your Customer Care Professional on 0845 6042638 for more information. They are available 24/7.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any further queries.

obscure
6th July 2010, 15:58
This is the reply I have had from AMEX :rolleyes:

Thank you for your email regarding a cash back offer from Quidco.

I'm sorry to say that American Express® do not have a relationship with Quidco. Therefore, if Quidco have advertised that you can earn £60 cash back if you apply for a card via their website then they are liable for the offer.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. I can fully appreciate that you may well have applied for your new card based on this offer and may well be disappointed to learn that the offer was misleading. The benefits of American Express' products are available to you as a new cardmember. Please take the time to visit our websites product pages to learn more, the link is provided below. Alternatively, feel free to email us or call your Customer Care Professional on 0845 6042638 for more information. They are available 24/7.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any further queries.

Wow, that seems to be pretty definite!
I think that there will be a lot of unhappy card holders if this is the case, interesting to see what Quidco's take on it is :shocked:

Gizmos
6th July 2010, 15:58
the relationship will be between AMEX and someone like Affiliate Future / Tradedoubler - - Quidco are just the intermediary

obscure
6th July 2010, 16:00
That sounds more promising Giz.

tyroleandancer
6th July 2010, 16:01
the relationship will be between AMEX and someone like Affiliate Future / Tradedoubler - - Quidco are just the intermediary

Yes of course. Would have liked some compensation though :lol: worth a try

Gizmos
6th July 2010, 16:33
Yes of course. Would have liked some compensation though :lol: worth a try

can you not get the detail from Amex re the first card

tyroleandancer
6th July 2010, 16:35
can you not get the detail from Amex re the first card

I'm giving it a go

obscure
16th July 2010, 00:14
Just had my enquiry declined by AmEx :(

cashback
16th July 2010, 12:20
Just had my enquiry declined by AmEx :(

and me:mad::mad::mad:

Khufu
16th July 2010, 13:11
and me, what do we do next? Can you appeal with Quidco?

obscure
16th July 2010, 13:13
Not sure about appealing - I would like to have a reason though.
I have a previous AmEx card so it may be that I am not a "new" customer? But no real idea of the reason

Has anyone been approved???

Khufu
16th July 2010, 13:30
Mine is in OHs name and he has no card so meets all of the criteria, i can't see any reason for declining it

207cc
16th July 2010, 13:54
and me, what do we do next? Can you appeal with Quidco?

Why not try Carol (http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24856)

Khufu
16th July 2010, 14:03
Why not try Carol (http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24856)

Thanks have sent her a PM on behalf of us all!

Quidco rep
16th July 2010, 14:31
Hi,

@khufu - It's Jules here from Quidco. I saw you sent Carol a pm. She left last year and I don't have access to her pm messages. Can you post your query on here please - I cannot deal with PMs form this forum and I will try my best to answer.

Kind regards,
Jules

Khufu
16th July 2010, 18:00
No problem, I was basically just drawing your attention to this thread. Several of us have played exactly by the rules with this, and have taken out a card with a large fee attached and have had our attempts at having the transaction validated rejected. I personallly can see no reason why mine should be, and was suprsied when it didn't track in the first place and suprised now it should be rejected.

thanks

cashback
16th July 2010, 21:14
No problem, I was basically just drawing your attention to this thread. Several of us have played exactly by the rules with this, and have taken out a card with a large fee attached and have had our attempts at having the transaction validated rejected. I personallly can see no reason why mine should be, and was suprsied when it didn't track in the first place and suprised now it should be rejected.

thanks

here here could not have put it better myself:mad::mad:

lisa
16th July 2010, 21:47
I can see mine going this way too, I had to put an enquiry in too, it's status is currently "enquiry being processed" they say it will be validated or declined in 60 days which is up on Sunday. :(

Gizmos
17th July 2010, 14:47
tis one of the reasons that i never take cash back into account when buying a product - if I get it its a bonus

obscure
17th July 2010, 14:53
True Giz, but the 20,000 miles will still be worth it - they havent added them yet either though!

One of this weekend's jobs is to chase them up

99redballs
17th July 2010, 22:05
Mine was declined too
Edit points ok, cash back declined

Ladyshopper
17th July 2010, 22:09
True Giz, but the 20,000 miles will still be worth it - they havent added them yet either though!

One of this weekend's jobs is to chase them up

I chased mine up on Thursday as still not been added. I had phoned middle of June and told they should be on by end of month!

Anyway, the lady I spoke to said there was no sign of the points so she would raise a case to get them added manually, and this should take 4-5 working days. Hopefully I will get them next week or I'll be phoning again.

JANED9388
17th July 2010, 22:21
I chased mine up on Thursday as still not been added. I had phoned middle of June and told they should be on by end of month!

Anyway, the lady I spoke to said there was no sign of the points so she would raise a case to get them added manually, and this should take 4-5 working days. Hopefully I will get them next week or I'll be phoning again.

try e-mailing them, I did and mine showed up in about 48 hours, and on flyertalk, people are reporting better success e-mailing than calling.

Khufu
17th July 2010, 22:31
Do you have an email address please? We have neither points nor cashback!

JANED9388
17th July 2010, 23:08
if you log in on line then "e-mail us" is on the left hand side. click on that then on the next screen, "personal account" - it's to the upper right hand side, there's then a drop down where you can select "membership rewards" then just tell them you are missing your 20K points - they were very good with me. They also sorted out the double points for non uk / supermarket / travel spend etc.

I'm still also waiting for cashback it was declined "in error" and is now back as pending - keeping my fingers crossed.

Khufu
17th July 2010, 23:31
Thanks

Ladyshopper
22nd July 2010, 10:46
Got my 20k points, so have changed them straight into Priority Points.

Also, my quidco appears to have validated? It has gone from saying enquiry being processed to enquiry validated, so assume I will be paid out the £60 at some point now?

tyroleandancer
22nd July 2010, 11:27
Also, my quidco appears to have validated? It has gone from saying enquiry being processed to enquiry validated, so assume I will be paid out the £60 at some point now?

And mine :)

jen
22nd July 2010, 11:31
Me too:) was convinced it wouldn't pay out and something I accepted as a possibility when I applied so a very pleasant bonus!

harryboy
22nd July 2010, 13:44
me too:clap2::clap2::clap2:

cashback
22nd July 2010, 13:47

thanks

and me , well done khufu and anybody else that helped:clap2::clap2:

obscure
22nd July 2010, 14:38
Wooo hooo that was a nice surprise - had been firmly declined but now changed to validated :D

Thanks all :)

Khufu
22nd July 2010, 19:56
Mine too hooray

99redballs
23rd July 2010, 00:40
mines validated too- woo hoo happy days!

s879
23rd July 2010, 10:55
Just put in an enquiry for mine, hope it gets approved. Have already spent over £700 on it!

JANED9388
23rd July 2010, 19:41
Mine too...

0016hm
2nd August 2010, 21:42
Has this offer now finished? Such a shame that I missed it! :(

Peeps
4th August 2010, 10:07
I decided that the £40k points offer on the Platinum Card was too good to miss, so I 'bit the bullet' and applied on Monday. Got accepted and was amazed to find that Quidco has tracked and validated within 24 hours. Following the fiasco with the Gold Card, I am Gobsmacked!:shocked:

Triker
4th August 2010, 14:14
I decided that the £40k points offer on the Platinum Card was too good to miss, so I 'bit the bullet' and applied on Monday. Got accepted and was amazed to find that Quidco has tracked and validated within 24 hours. Following the fiasco with the Gold Card, I am Gobsmacked!:shocked:

Had a look and couldn't see the Platinum card, can you post where this offer is please, ta.

tyroleandancer
4th August 2010, 14:23
Had a look and couldn't see the Platinum card, can you post where this offer is please, ta.

I think its the top offer on Quidco when you search American Express
£300 annual charge

Triker
4th August 2010, 14:29
Thanks will have a shufty...:D

heatherbelle
6th August 2010, 19:35
Has anyones quidco transaction actually gone into paid, mine has been showing validated for 2 months now.

I also had to phone Amercian Express this morning, as I hadn't got my 20,000 points and had reached the spending threashold, she has raised a ticket on it and told me to check later next week.

stuzhunter
11th August 2010, 02:25
It has been over 3 & half months.. I had chased the 20000 points 3 times already but I was told to wait until 3 months- Now I have been told to wait another 7 days..not pleased at all!

Raffles
11th August 2010, 17:51
It has been over 3 & half months.. I had chased the 20000 points 3 times already but I was told to wait until 3 months- Now I have been told to wait another 7 days..not pleased at all!

I am in a similar boat .... but I am 100% certain I will get them, so I will sit it out. I dont need the miles now, luckily.

99redballs
12th August 2010, 00:21
i've got the miles, just waiting for the cash now.

Raffles
12th August 2010, 10:07
Just got my 20k as well after a 2nd email

tyroleandancer
12th August 2010, 10:09
Just got my 20k as well after a 2nd email

Good :) Did your Quidco validate?

Raffles
13th August 2010, 15:01
Good :) Did your Quidco validate?

Yes, but I applied late in the day and mine automatically validated

stuzhunter
13th August 2010, 15:07
20000 points have now been added..Quidco cashback has been validated/tracked.

heatherbelle
13th August 2010, 20:37
My miles have now been added. I am now waiting for Quidco to go into paid, mine also validated automatically. Hopefully it will get paid at the end of August

alymac
14th August 2010, 10:23
Points added last night, what is best airline to move them to? I am trying to get to dubai cheap next june

Raffles
14th August 2010, 14:46
Points added last night, what is best airline to move them to? I am trying to get to dubai cheap next june

BMI. Return to Dubai in Economy is 20,000 + £140 + taxes in Economy or 30,000 + £210 + taxes in Business. It is pretty obvious which of these is best, assuming you can get the extra 10k (you can buy the extra miles if you need to).

Routing will be UK-Munich-DXB or UK-Frankfurt-DXB on Lufthansa, UK-Vienna-DXB on Austrian, UK-Zurich-DXB on Swiss or possible UK-Istanbul-DXB on Turkish if you really fancy something different! Stopovers in Europe are not allowed under the rules of the BMI scheme although a gap of up to 24 hours is not considered a stopover, should you fancy 23 hours in Vienna for instance.

alymac
14th August 2010, 17:39
Thanks raffles, i dont mind doing a split up journey, can you use the miles on qatar airlines? They seem to be some form of partner?

lisa
14th August 2010, 18:02
I'd like to go to Egypt next year, which miles would be best? Raffles your expertise would be appreciated.:D

Raffles
14th August 2010, 21:53
Thanks raffles, i dont mind doing a split up journey, can you use the miles on qatar airlines? They seem to be some form of partner?

Not using 'cash and miles' which is what my calcs showed. You can only do it for 100% miles redemptions which require far more miles than you will have.

Raffles
15th August 2010, 14:17
I'd like to go to Egypt next year, which miles would be best? Raffles your expertise would be appreciated.:D

BMI flies direct to Cairo and you can use Egyptair for connections at no extra cost. Miles and cash is same as the Dubai example. You can also go direct on Egyptair but they are a dry airline so not recommended! Lufthansa etc also an option but obviously BMI is easier as direct.

lisa
15th August 2010, 22:26
thanks for your response Raffles - have repped ya!

lindylou
18th August 2010, 14:25
is it possible to use the 20,000 airmiles with a 2-4-1 voucher??
thanks, and apolgies that I still don't get it even after reading the whole of this thread.

Gizmos
18th August 2010, 14:26
is it possible to use the 20,000 airmiles with a 2-4-1 voucher??
thanks, and apolgies that I still don't get it even after reading the whole of this thread.

yes - you have to use ba miles for the 2 4 1 voucher - would have presumed you would have been awaare of this before you made the commitment and the "paid" flight is paid with miles

lindylou
18th August 2010, 14:43
yes - you have to use ba miles for the 2 4 1 voucher - would have presumed you would have been awaare of this before you made the commitment and the "paid" flight is paid with miles

thanks for quick reply Gizmo. I have repped you. I haven't made any commitment (except my time). This is really a great offer and seemed too good to be true, and that was before I realised that the paid flight was 'paid' for with miles. Just need to clarify one thing, I thought the 2 4 1 was with Amex, a completely different company??
Just worked it out! Not a completely different company at all. Surprised you can get 20,000 miles AND THEN a 2 4 1 which is why it took me so long to work it out. Or have I got it wrong??

Gizmos
18th August 2010, 14:55
thanks for quick reply Gizmo. I have repped you. I haven't made any commitment (except my time). This is really a great offer and seemed too good to be true, and that was before I realised that the paid flight was 'paid' for with miles. Just need to clarify one thing, I thought the 2 4 1 was with Amex, a completely different company??
Just worked it out! Not a completely different company at all. Surprised you can get 20,000 miles AND THEN a 2 4 1 which is why it took me so long to work it out. Or have I got it wrong??

the 20000 ba miles go into your ba account - when you spend the required £10k on the ba amex then it automatically gets added to your ba miles account when you login

lindylou
18th August 2010, 15:01
the 20000 ba miles go into your ba account - when you spend the required £10k on the ba amex then it automatically gets added to your ba miles account when you login

is the ba amex the same as the gold card you take out for the 20,000 miles? Or two different cards that are useable on the same account?
Also, forgive me, but I have another question. Can you transfer airmiles from a BMI card into this Amex account? (I doubt it but worth asking.)
thank you!
I bow to your knowledge.

tyroleandancer
18th August 2010, 15:35
is the ba amex the same as the gold card you take out for the 20,000 miles? Or two different cards that are useable on the same account?
Also, forgive me, but I have another question. Can you transfer airmiles from a BMI card into this Amex account?
thank you!
I bow to your knowledge.

There are several BA Amex card. Have a look here (http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/britishair/britishairways.cgi)

Hubby has the premium plus and have I the Gold reward card that was taken out for the 20,000 points, that particular card had several options for using the 20,000 points, I chose to transfer them into BA miles. The points go into the one BA executive club our household account.

I can't answer the BMI question

lindylou
18th August 2010, 15:51
There are several BA Amex card. Have a look here (http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/britishair/britishairways.cgi)

Hubby has the premium plus and have I the Gold reward card that was taken out for the 20,000 points, that particular card had several options for using the 20,000 points, I chose to transfer them into BA miles. The points go into the one BA executive club our household account.

I can't answer the BMI question

thanks - have repped. Am I right in thinking that BA miles bought through tesco can also go into this account?

And you can only do one 2 4 1, then another in the next year, and then that's it?
Thank you.

Gizmos
18th August 2010, 15:52
thanks - have repped. Am I right in thinking that BA miles bought through tesco can also go into this account?

they go to your ba mile account - you only have one pot for all BA Miles

tyroleandancer
18th August 2010, 15:54

they go to your ba mile account - you only have one pot for all BA Miles

As Giz said they all go into the one account.
Have you got a BA exec account?

lindylou
18th August 2010, 17:12
As Giz said they all go into the one account.
Have you got a BA exec account?

no I haven't. Not yet. But will get one.

Thanks for the replies. I am being very careful to make sure I have everything right, as it seems there are many fiddly mistakes that can be made.

Am I right about the 2 4 1 - that you can do it once in a year, then once in the next year, and then not again?

Also is it really 50,000 miles to New York. So you would have to have a couple of cards and then some to get a free trip that far. Also, do you pay taxes on the first flight paid for with BA miles.

obscure
18th August 2010, 19:07
Yes you pay taxes/fees etc, these can be more for higher classes too.

Not such a good deal when you look at it in depth is it, as Raffles has often said as you have to pay tax it is not good value to use BA miles for economy travel, the best value is for business/1st class

Yes 50000 miles to NY return economy.

General opinion seems to be that airmiles are better than BA miles for economy travel with lower cash outlay

lindylou
18th August 2010, 20:00
oh, it is turning out to be a bit too good to be true after all!

lindylou
18th August 2010, 20:04
Yes you pay taxes/fees etc, these can be more for higher classes too.

Not such a good deal when you look at it in depth is it, as Raffles has often said as you have to pay tax it is not good value to use BA miles for economy travel, the best value is for business/1st class

Yes 50000 miles to NY return economy.

General opinion seems to be that airmiles are better than BA miles for economy travel with lower cash outlay

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I think you have a good point about it being good value for business/1st class. But there is no card offering 20,000 Airmiles airmiles. Also Amex BA miles has the 2 4 1? It is £230 in taxes etc to New York with BA, (return tax price given, I suppose, as the whole fare is only £230 each way). Will be interested to hear what you think as I can't seem to work this stuff out for myself.

Raffles
18th August 2010, 21:44
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I think you have a good point about it being good value for business/1st class. But there is no card offering 20,000 Airmiles airmiles. Also Amex BA miles has the 2 4 1? It is £230 in taxes etc to New York with BA, (return tax price given, I suppose, as the whole fare is only £230 each way). Will be interested to hear what you think as I can't seem to work this stuff out for myself.

Economy on BA is a shocking use of BA Miles unless last minute / emergency. You should not redeem unless getting at least 0.75p per mile (1.5p if you have a 2-4-1 via Amex), and as NYC is 50,000 miles that would mean the breakeven is £600 or a whopping £1050 if you spend enough on Amex to get a 2-4-1. Since you will rarely pay £600 yet along £1050 for a NYC ticket, paying cash is clearly a better deal.

On the other hand, using 100,000 miles with a 2-4-1 for 2 flat-bed business class seats (plus £600 in taxes for 2) is a great deal. If you go to San Francisco, which is a 12 hour flight and is still just 100,000 miles, it is an exceptional deal.

obscure
18th August 2010, 21:47
^^^^^^^ - yep, what Raffles says :D

tyroleandancer
18th August 2010, 21:47
Economy on BA is a shocking use of BA Miles unless last minute / emergency. You should not redeem unless getting at least 0.75p per mile (1.5p if you have a 2-4-1 via Amex), and as NYC is 50,000 miles that would mean the breakeven is £600 or a whopping £1050 if you spend enough on Amex to get a 2-4-1. Since you will rarely pay £600 yet along £1050 for a NYC ticket, paying cash is clearly a better deal.

On the other hand, using 100,000 miles with a 2-4-1 for 2 flat-bed business class seats (plus £600 in taxes for 2) is a great deal. If you go to San Francisco, which is a 12 hour flight and is still just 100,000 miles, it is an exceptional deal.

Just the info I was after. Will be looking for 3 business or first class seats June 2012. I would like to go to Toronto but SF sounds good :)
May think about 2 centre, SF and LA

Raffles
18th August 2010, 21:49
Just the info I was after. Will be looking for 3 business or first class seats June 2012. I would like to go to Toronto but SF sounds good :)
May think about 2 centre, SF and LA

BA also does Vegas and Pheonix so you can mix and match. Dog-leg flights (into one and out of another) are OK.

obscure
18th August 2010, 21:52
Don't mean to be harsh Lindylou but it will need some work for you to figure this out for yourself, no-one can make the decisions for you and the info (or links to it) is all on here already.

My rule of thumb for these schemes is "if you cant figure it out dont mess with it" - you could get your fingers burnt. Investing a few hours to work through the good advice already on here could be really worthwhile.

tyroleandancer
18th August 2010, 21:52
BA also does Vegas and Pheonix so you can mix and match. Dog-leg flights (into one and out of another) are OK.

That sounds good.
I have 270,000 miles so far with 241 being triggered by January, we then have 2 years to use it.

lindylou
18th August 2010, 23:05
That sounds good.
I have 270,000 miles so far with 241 being triggered by January, we then have 2 years to use it.

I am amazed you have managed to collect so many miles. Is that from several cards?

tyroleandancer
18th August 2010, 23:08
I am amazed you have managed to collect so many miles. Is that from several cards?

2 cards, a few ba flights and Tesco points when they offered double.

lindylou
20th August 2010, 17:36

thanks for the tips!

lindylou
20th August 2010, 18:07

were there special intro deals on the cards? I can find any for airmiles and have searched this site as well as google. Or did you actually collect the miles 1 for £1?

tyroleandancer
20th August 2010, 18:11
were there special intro deals on the cards? I can find any for airmiles and have searched this site as well as google. Or did you actually collect the miles 1 for £1?

Yes. The gold reward was 20,000 and the Premium plus was 18,000
http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/britishair/britishairways.cgi
The rest were earned from 2 paid flights to NY , spend on card and coverting Tesco vouchers.

lindylou
21st August 2010, 11:41
Yes. The gold reward was 20,000 and the Premium plus was 18,000
http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/britishair/britishairways.cgi
The rest were earned from 2 paid flights to NY , spend on card and coverting Tesco vouchers.

thanks for replying. These must be BA miles, which I have been advised to only redeem for business/first, advice I will take. I was wondering if there was a card that gave a large amount of airmiles airmiles, as you don't have to pay tax on those? I can't find one, or any talk of one so I am assuming there isn't one!

0016hm
21st August 2010, 12:47
For Airmiles (which you dont pay tax) there is the Lloyds TSB Duo card.

This gives a bonus of 1500 airmiles on signing up. Although you also have to book a hotel with them. Teh other bad thing is you only get a paltry return of 1 mile per £10 spend.

0016hm
21st August 2010, 12:47
See: http://www.lloydstsb.com/credit_cards/airmiles_duo.asp

baconbap
27th August 2010, 16:47
The 20000 points for the preferred rewards charge card offer is back again. Might actually get OH round to doing it this time.

lindylou
29th August 2010, 15:52
For Airmiles (which you dont pay tax) there is the Lloyds TSB Duo card.

This gives a bonus of 1500 airmiles on signing up. Although you also have to book a hotel with them. Teh other bad thing is you only get a paltry return of 1 mile per £10 spend.

As you can buy 500 airmiles airmiles for £75 that sign up deal is worth £225. However, as they no longer price match the true market value is probably somewhere between £150 - £200. Minus the cost of the hotel, which isn't price matched either. It's gettting to look only okay. Hats off to all of you who have managed to collect so many. Seems like quite hard work now I am getting to know the ropes.

lindylou
29th August 2010, 15:55
The 20000 points for the preferred rewards charge card offer is back again. Might actually get OH round to doing it this time.

That's for the BA miles (must be as it's far too generous to be airmiles airmiles). Thanks to all of your kind help, I am getting the hang of this.

heatherbelle
29th August 2010, 22:32
My miles have now been added. I am now waiting for Quidco to go into paid, mine also validated automatically. Hopefully it will get paid at the end of August

The blinkin thing has now gone back to tracked. What is going on!!!!

oyster
3rd September 2010, 10:32
Has anyone cancelled the card and had a partial refund of annual fees?

stuzhunter
6th September 2010, 15:03

I am currently working on this one:der:

stuzhunter
10th September 2010, 14:48

I have written to them and they have confirmed that they will refund the annual fees pro-rota

navara
10th September 2010, 15:47
I have written to them and they have confirmed that they will refund the annual fees pro-rota

And remove the miles??