PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching Ashes to Ashes?

Mosaic
30th April 2010, 22:45
Anyone watching - I love it but the first series was better (Life on Mars) - John Simm was just so good in it. This was the era I grew up in, so it brings back memories & the music is great. Wondered where Libby's Dad had gone (Eastenders) now we know! :rolleyes:

Polo
30th April 2010, 22:51
Still got last week's to watch - so not seen tonights yet!

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Gene Hunt, omfg I WANT his babies
Daren't watch it when dom is about as he gets jealous lol

Mosaic
30th April 2010, 22:54

He's looking really good at the moment (smouldering!) :p Just love the tough guy stuff - no pussy footing about - we could do with more of this today! :rolleyes:

Polo
30th April 2010, 22:57
He's looking really good at the moment (smouldering!) :p Just love the tough guy stuff - no pussy footing about - we could do with more of this today! :rolleyes:

Yes, but I get cross when dom tries :rofl:

He is LUSH and I have very inappropriate thoughts about him lol

jamsandwhich
30th April 2010, 23:09

Ha Ha - at least I am not the only one:o

I love this series - never watched Life on Mars, had college that night I think but I watched the whole lot on catch-up over a couple of days when the girls were tiny babies and Love Ashes to Ashes maybe a bit more as it is more my era and remember a lot of the music (which I still listen to) and the fashion which I still wish I could get away with wearing without looking like a ding !

Mosaic
30th April 2010, 23:10
You are allowed to have thoughts - it's only like window shopping!
Have you thought of getting Dom a Gene Hunt mask??

suziq
30th April 2010, 23:16
lets take the quatro!

love the cars and lots of it is filmed i stockport my hometown

lisa84
1st May 2010, 20:16
One of the Big Boys dies next week:) Said in the sun....:mad:

Mosaic
1st May 2010, 20:37
One of the Big Boys dies next week:) Said in the sun....:mad:

Just checked The Radio Times - says one of the team is left behind - but doesn't say who!! :o

sarahjane01
1st May 2010, 21:00
I adore Gene Hunt.:D He's from an age where men were men and boys were nervous....happy days!!!:clap2:

Moll
2nd May 2010, 00:59
love this , but thought life on mars was A LOT better . maybe just the right era for me ?

Mosaic
2nd May 2010, 04:28
love this , but thought life on mars was A LOT better . maybe just the right era for me ?

Defo agree with you there Moll ! but I think it had a lot to do with John Simm :p

geegely
2nd May 2010, 09:26
Absolutely addicted to A2A. Trying really hard to work out what is really happenineg. I think the whole seeing stars thing means they are already dead - perhaps Ray died in the fire a few episodes ago, Shaz didn't survive the stabbing really, Alex is dead.

Have a look on the Facebook Ashes to Ashes pge....there are many theories being talked about. I'm just worried that Gene may turn out to be a bad guy after all. I think that Jim is like the grim reaper/angel of death. Remember how he was with the WPC the week before last when she died? Weird. And i'd love to know what Gene whispered at the end of this weeks episode as the guy lay shot.

Oh and i'm sure Sam Tyler may still be alive.

Can't bear that there are only 3 to go...

Deejay74uk
2nd May 2010, 14:59
Absolutely addicted to A2A. Trying really hard to work out what is really happenineg. I think the whole seeing stars thing means they are alrady dead - perhaps Ray died in the fire a few episodes ago, Shaz didn't survive the stabbing really, Alex is dead.

Have a look on the Facebook Ashes to Ashes pge....there are many theories being talked about. I'm ust worried that Gene may turn out to be a bad guy after all. I think that Jim is like the grim reaper/angel of death. Remember how he was with the WPC the week before last when she died? Weird. And i'd love to know what Gene whispered at the end of this weeks episode as the guy lay shot.

Oh and i'm sure Sam Tyler may still be alive.

Can't bear that there are only 3 to go...

ohhhhhh i love that theory !!!

Deejay74uk
2nd May 2010, 15:00
Maybe Gene is an angel !!! The gene genie could be my angel anytime he liked ;-)

geegely
2nd May 2010, 15:10
Maybe Gene is an angel !!! The gene genie could be my angel anytime he liked ;-)

This is perfectly possible. There is the possiblilty Gene is the burnt policeman we keep seeing. Maybe he is already dead, or the one in the coma. Maybe that was what he was showing/telling Bevan at the end when he freaked out so much.

And did you notice Lily written in the road near the beginning.....hmmmm.

I confuse myself after a while. Off to have some birthday cake and then work out more theories!

Polo
2nd May 2010, 18:18
ooooo sort of wish I hadn't read it but ooooooooooo

Mosaic
22nd May 2010, 22:29
OK! Now it's all over - can anyone explain what happened? Was Jim the Devil?
Our mate Gene came out as the hero anyway - I think! :rolleyes:

connorsmummy
22nd May 2010, 22:47

That's how i saw it lol- Jim was the devil trying to lead them into hell, and Gene was the hero sending them 'upstairs' when the time came.

I love the Gene Genie and wish it hadn't ended, but I do have Life on Mars and Series 1 &2 of A2A on dvd so can drool to my heart's content!

Dolly Daydream
22nd May 2010, 22:48

yep that's what me and hubby think :D the elevator to hell lol

Gene the guardian angel of coppers, he's such a star lol

really loved the way they ended it, even though I cried lol and there was a glimpse of a possibility of it carrying on :D

Dolly Daydream
22nd May 2010, 22:49
That's how i saw it lol- Jim was the devil trying to lead them into hell, and Gene was the hero sending them 'upstairs' when the time came.

I love the Gene Genie and wish it hadn't ended, but I do have Life on Mars and Series 1 &2 of A2A on dvd so can drool to my heart's content!

we have just watched episode one of LOM lol, such a fab series :D

connorsmummy
22nd May 2010, 22:52
we have just watched episode one of LOM lol, such a fab series :D

When I got the box sets I watched them both within 2 days!

Was watching a bit of one earlier but then it was time for Dr Who (cue one very upset Connor who thought that Amy had been eaten by earth- why do I let a 2 yr old watch stuff like that lol). Gene Genie and Sam Tyler- yum yum!

Mosaic
23rd May 2010, 00:07
When I got the box sets I watched them both within 2 days!

Was watching a bit of one earlier but then it was time for Dr Who (cue one very upset Connor who thought that Amy had been eaten by earth- why do I let a 2 yr old watch stuff like that lol). Gene Genie and Sam Tyler- yum yum!

John Simm (Sam Tyler) played a good part (& looked good too!) in Dr Who.
I have watched Dr Who since the very first episode - it just doesn't seem to date.

P.S. Connorsmummy - hope things are improving for you :love:

connorsmummy
23rd May 2010, 00:14
John Simm (Sam Tyler) played a good part (& looked good too!) in Dr Who.
I have watched Dr Who since the very first episode - it just doesn't seem to date.

P.S. Connorsmummy - hope things are improving for you :love:

I sort of remember dr who from when I was a kid, but I have watched it from episode 1 of the remakes (was gutted when David Tennant left but have come to like Matt Smith!)

I'm ok thanks Mosaic- having good days and bad days but I'll get there- I have my willy waver to keep me company and lots to look forward to :)

Mosaic
23rd May 2010, 13:17
I sort of remember dr who from when I was a kid, but I have watched it from episode 1 of the remakes (was gutted when David Tennant left but have come to like Matt Smith!)

I'm ok thanks Mosaic- having good days and bad days but I'll get there- I have my willy waver to keep me company and lots to look forward to :)

Glad to hear :love: I know it's tough at the moment - but it's probably for the best :o - you don't want to waste your life with someone who can do that to you. You are now free to find someone who is more deserving of you, & will make you & Connor happy :)

suesmith
23rd May 2010, 14:00
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2010/may/21/ashes-to-ashes-final-episode

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/05/22/ashes-exclusive/

this might explain a bit more, yes jim was the devil - i though daniel may did an amzing performance, well as they all did!

will miss the gene genie

Polo
26th May 2010, 22:44
omg just watched the final episode.

I don't know what I'm more distraught over, it ending, the death of the quattro or why they were all there :(

Jim was evil but we all knew that anyway lol, and I knew my gene genie was the bestest, I want his babies drool dribble x

Dolly Daydream
26th May 2010, 22:46

I don't know what I'm more distraught over, it ending, the death of the quattro or why they were all there :(

Jim was evil but we all knew that anyway lol, and I knew my gene genie was the bestest, I want his babies drool dribble x

thank God you've watched it, it's been killing me not talking to you about it lol

wasn't it a great way to end it though :D

connorsmummy
26th May 2010, 22:52

Get in the queue Polo- he's mine!!! You get the nappy bag man lmao :p

Polo
26th May 2010, 23:06
Sorry CM, Gene is mine, I even gave up my jon bon to sparkles in return for him lol.

Sorry I took so long dolly d, I wanted to savour it, right going to go get the box sets now as miss him already lol

suesmith
31st May 2010, 17:21
the last episode was meant to be 20 mins longer, they had to cut it cos it coudnt start earlier or finish later due to the news, there are whispers that the extra minutes will be in the box set - hope so!!!

Polo
31st May 2010, 17:28
the last episode was meant to be 20 mins longer, they had to cut it cos it coudnt start earlier or finish later due to the news, there are whispers that the extra minutes will be in the box set - hope so!!!

omg 20 minutes more of the gene genie, whoop whoop

Mosaic
31st May 2010, 19:22
omg 20 minutes more of the gene genie, whoop whoop

Steady now Polo! I'm sure Dom would look just as good in those boots, sitting in the Quattro! :rolleyes:

Polo
31st May 2010, 23:53
Steady now Polo! I'm sure Dom would look just as good in those boots, sitting in the Quattro! :rolleyes:

I literally just spat my diet coke at the screen....erm 'fraid not lol

connorsmummy
1st June 2010, 01:04
I literally just spat my diet coke at the screen....erm 'fraid not lol

FLMAO I don't think Dom could quite carry it off like Gene!!!

Polo
1st June 2010, 01:13
FLMAO I don't think Dom could quite carry it off like Gene!!!

He does try - trouble is he hasn't quite got the bad boy swagger right :o
He does make me happy tho, so I'm not really lusting after a bad boy :love:

connorsmummy
1st June 2010, 01:15
He does try - trouble is he hasn't quite got the bad boy swagger right :o
He does make me happy tho, so I'm not really lusting after a bad boy :love:

I don't do bad boys anymore- had enough of that with Connor's dad- he had the swagger down to a T! Dom is far too nice to have the swagger pmsl x