PDA

View Full Version : Bathwater Siphon

arthurp8
17th April 2007, 13:12
Hi - does anyone know where I can buy a bathwater siphon online or offline? (cheaply)

I've seen the droughtbuster one which is 20 pounds, however for a bit of hose and a rubber squeezer I was hoping to pay a tenner or less.

Anyhow if anyone knows where I can get one please let me know.

thanks

Gizmos
17th April 2007, 13:52
hmm PTS competition to build our own design

arthurp8
17th April 2007, 13:57
I don't think I dare enter - my plumbing escapades always end in floods or tears - and just general floods.

Grace & Favour
17th April 2007, 15:44
hmm PTS competition to build our own design

Mmm - really shouldn't be too difficult at all when one thinks about it . .. in fact - even a cheap petrol syphon attached to a wider hose should do the trick admirably - it all depends upon the 'rise & distance' to your window - and then the 'length of drop to the barrel / whatever below . . . ..

Grace & Favour
17th April 2007, 15:48
found on't web . .

1. Take a garden hose and put the business end on the tap on your bath

2. Turn the water on. (go - on - just do it!!!)

3. Once you’ve got some hose power going turn the water off and quickly remove the hose from the tap, and put it into your bath water (and make sure the end stays below the bath water level until its mostly drained out!)

(Do make sure the other end is outside near your bucket!!!!!)

BAM! You’ve got yourself a syphon.

Grace & Favour
17th April 2007, 15:53
Alternatively, put a 'Y' connector into the bath waste pipe on the outside of your bathroom.

when you want to use the water, (like in the summer) connect the 'Y' to a hose to your water butt, and in winter, remove the hose & seal the 'Y' with a screw closure . . . .

tyroleandancer
18th April 2007, 09:10
Hi - does anyone know where I can buy a bathwater siphon online or offline? (cheaply)

I've seen the droughtbuster one which is 20 pounds, however for a bit of hose and a rubber squeezer I was hoping to pay a tenner or less.

Anyhow if anyone knows where I can get one please let me know.

thanks

just found this

http://www.nectar.com/rewards/generalSearchOfferDetailsCatMain.nectar?ROM=ROM000 7889

handy if you have spare nectar points

suziq
18th April 2007, 09:12
moving to southern, i'll have to get the hang of all this water butt, hosepipe ban malarky!
cant remember the last ban we had in manchester!

tyroleandancer
18th April 2007, 09:13
or here in south wales :)

suziq
18th April 2007, 09:25
they all have water butts tryole, i find it very odd! b/f neighbours are currently emptying his butt to clean the tap!
no comments please!