PDA

View Full Version : Bali on BA Amex 241

chipsdog
10th May 2010, 20:49
Looking to visit Bali next year, is flying to Singapore the only option?

thank you

99redballs
10th May 2010, 22:17
you could also fly into bangkok if you wanted a stop there, but if you didn't want to do a stop over then singapore would be a better place to transit.
Then check out Air Asia from Singapore/Bangkok/KL to Bali.

angelic
11th May 2010, 08:25
If you have never travelled to Asia before, Singapore is a great place for a stopover :)

Which resort are you looking at in Bali?

Raffles
11th May 2010, 12:48
Looks like BKK would work as well - at least in doubles your chances of finding a seat and you could dog-leg it (one in, one out) if necessary as AirAsia do one-ways.

CAthay Pacific also does it from HKG - this would allow you to do a miles booking on Cathay (assuming you could find seats) using BA Miles and opens up another option for getting the seats to Asia in the first place.

far canel
11th May 2010, 12:50
Looks like BKK would work as well - at least in doubles your chances of finding a seat and you could dog-leg it (one in, one out) if necessary as AirAsia do one-ways.

CAthay Pacific also does it from HKG - this would allow you to do a miles booking on Cathay (assuming you could find seats) using BA Miles and opens up another option for getting the seats to Asia in the first place.

Is BA Amex 2-4-1 only allowed on BA metal?

Raffles
11th May 2010, 12:51
Yes. Sorry, I meant it would need to be a separate booking.

Just checked a random date - it is 80k per person in Business ex-HKG, so perhaps a rethink is necessary! Presumably 40k in Economy.

BMI miles would be better - 15k + 100 + tax (which will be almost nothing) from HKG to Indonesia in Eco, or 22,500 + 150 in Business, return, each - but that will be SQ via SIN or TG via BKK, which is a lot of trouble. Stick with SIN or BKK if you can get a seat.

chipsdog
16th May 2010, 15:02
Looking to book next May (very flexible), if I use my Amex 241 to fly to Singapore, is there anyway I can use BA Miles to get from Singapore to Bali or will I need to use money?

Is it better to stay overnight in Singapore before flying to Bali?

Will be staying at the IC (RA Priority Club Member)

thanks for your help everyone

Raffles
16th May 2010, 17:54
Seems not - Qantas seems to codeshare on that route but its not a QF flight and so not bookable on miles (I assume)

Air Asia is very cheap, though. Qatar and KLM also seem to fly it as a dog leg. In business it looks like 350 return, 130 in Y.