PDA

View Full Version : Greenfly - as in a plague of them!!!!!

Beej
19th May 2010, 16:48
Anyone else suffering with them? Started yesterday, I ran to 'Fat Club' last night and was eating them by the dozen, when I arrived my yellow t-shirt was covered in them. During the day it looked like it was snowing when you looked out of the window.

tiger
19th May 2010, 16:51
None here - yet! Horrible pests. You need a swarm of ladybirds now to eat them.

We seem to have attracted swarm of honey bees. DH used to be a beekeeper and they've gone into an old empty hive.

geegely
19th May 2010, 17:01
Lots and lots here for about 10 days now. I can't move from one part of the school to another without getting my top covered. I hate them.

dawn1
19th May 2010, 17:22
loads here too

addictedtosaving
19th May 2010, 17:48
I have just been up to my dad's house and there were loads of greenfly there too. (we are in West Yorkshire)

snowwhite
19th May 2010, 18:03
My poor kids haven't been on the trampoline for a week because of them.:(

mhoc
19th May 2010, 18:55
Not here yet but it has been very wet going by the length of the grass. Last year thye were swarming over the cardoons and teasels turning them black.I tried turnign the hose on them but next day they were back :mad:

Addy
19th May 2010, 19:36
None here yet but I remember as a kid a massive plague of them, drifting against windows and doors like snow, it was very hot and we had to keep all the windows and doors shut. There will probably soon be a plague of ladybirds, seem to remember that happened after too.

holliemon
19th May 2010, 19:54
Surprisingly none here to say I am near beej and addictedtosaving hope they don't visit me they can stay with you two lol x

lisa84
19th May 2010, 20:23
Yes Ive noticed the last few days Ive had a few on the window and thought it was odd. We had loads of ladybirds last year, so it must be their turn this year.

Ladyshopper
19th May 2010, 21:24
Bizarrely I had one land on me in the police station today. :confused:

99redballs
19th May 2010, 22:40
loads yesterday but none today-thank god!
just go out armed with a water squirter and washing up liquid-and shot em!

Zaul
19th May 2010, 23:54
Funny thing is today there were loads of them about as I walked into work but only saw a couple the 2 days before - but on the 2 days I arrived at work both days with a hitchhiking ladybird on my person and had to go find a window to let it out lol.

Jellycat
20th May 2010, 07:49
None here thankfully. Remember back in 1977 (I think) we had a plague of flying ants it was a really hot summer. Horrible black huge ones - uugh hope we don't get them again.

JC

lisa84
20th May 2010, 09:32
None here thankfully. Remember back in 1977 (I think) we had a plague of flying ants it was a really hot summer. Horrible black huge ones - uugh hope we don't get them again.

JC

Omg yes that was bad we were in Clacton at the time not a good holiday expericence.