PDA

View Full Version : Little things that really annoy you

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ukmonkey
20th May 2010, 22:27
There are MANY little things that annoy me each and every day (my name isn't Monkey Meldrew, btw!)

Thought I'd start a thread for us to share our daily irritations...

ukmonkey
20th May 2010, 22:28
Film lids on food products that don't work properly - you pinch the film at a corner, rip it up and over to the other corner, only to end up with a thin circle/square/oblong of film in your hand and the bleedin' food is still covered. WHY WHY WHY?!

Mamzie
20th May 2010, 22:29
corned beef tins.......... why oh why do they have those key things!!!!

Jellycat
20th May 2010, 22:29
The little fiddly foil top on milk (under the screw lid) - it always breaks when opening so have to get a knife or something to open it!!

JC

ukmonkey
20th May 2010, 22:30
And on a similar note, milk "bottles" that have a paper disc under the lid, sealing the bottle. They have a little tiny "lip" on that you grab hold of the peel the seal off with, the number of times I'm pulled the "lip" off the disc is ridiculous! I prefer the ones that have a big thing that goes the full width of the seal.

ukmonkey
20th May 2010, 22:32
Can openers that drop the lid INSIDE the can of tune/whatever. WTF?! I now need to use the handle of a teaspoon to fish the lid out! Grrr! Swapped to a proper (and safer IMO) can opener that cuts on the underside of the lid, inside of the inside of the lid, IYSWIM.

Jellycat
20th May 2010, 22:32
Great minds think alike eh?

JC

ukmonkey
20th May 2010, 22:33
My god, I could go on forever...

People walking really slow four-abreast in the middle of a shopping mall. Hurry the heck up, or move to the side, morons.

Jellycat
20th May 2010, 22:35
People stopping to chat in the supermarket aisles and blocking me getting to the bargains lol

JC

ukmonkey
20th May 2010, 22:36
Bad manners.

"Manners cost nothing but are worth a million" - a quote on the bottom of a daily tear-off desk calendar I had years ago. It's stuck with me ever since. It surprises me the number of older people (women in particular, sorry ladies!) that have stinking manners, the number of times I've shouted "it's ok, you're welcome" after holding the door open for some middle aged woman who was entering a building a few paces behind me but didn't say thanks or even smile or acknowledge that I'd done her a tiny weeny favour.

ukmonkey
20th May 2010, 22:37
People stopping to chat in the supermarket aisles and blocking me getting to the bargains lol

JC

Yeah. Then they tut at you when you try to squueze past them to reach for the bog roll or whatever.

ukmonkey
20th May 2010, 22:38
Young chavs who think they're ten men (or women, given that the girls are becoming just as bad). Ok, so you'll gob off at someone when they pass you in a car, but you soon leg it when they stop and get out.

Jellycat
20th May 2010, 22:40
Companies phoning up for the previous house owners and when I tell them they have moved they ask me if I'm interested in what they rang about? Cheek or what?

JC

andylaine
20th May 2010, 22:40
My god, I could go on forever...

People walking really slow four-abreast in the middle of a shopping mall. Hurry the heck up, or move to the side, morons.

the ones who stand in the middle of the supermarket having a conversation really wind me up. they block the aisle with their trolleys then give you daggers when you try to get past :mad:

Jellycat
20th May 2010, 22:43
Ooh this is getting eerie - we are now quoting the same things that annoy us

JC

ukmonkey
20th May 2010, 22:45
I guess it just means that we're not the miserable old b*gg*rs that we thought we were!

ukmonkey
20th May 2010, 22:47
Intending on having an early night, then getting preoccupied on PTS/The Book/Twitter/YouTube/Whatever.

Goodnight!

Gizmos
20th May 2010, 22:49
people who walk towards you and make no moves to divert course to avoid - seems always to be me to do this - the other week was in foul mood and got sick of moving out of way so for th enext person coming towards me vowed i would not move an inch ... big bloke built like a brick you know what - didngt move and whacked him really hard on his arm (he turned round called me an ignorant female dog and said that I had hurt him - wtf he cld have moved)

Jellycat
20th May 2010, 22:49
That makes me feel a whole lot better now then ukm - might sleep better tonight then. Sorry need to go get my beauty sleep now - nice chatting to you all.

JC

ukmonkey
20th May 2010, 22:50
people who walk towards you and make no moves to divert course to avoid - seems always to be me to do this - the other week was in foul mood and got sick of moving out of way so for th enext person coming towards me vowed i would not move an inch ... big bloke built like a brick you know what - didngt move and whacked him really hard on his arm (he turned round called me an ignorant female dog and said that I had hurt him - wtf he cld have moved)

Well with that I work purely on an age thing, if they look older than me, I'll move, if they look younger, I expect them to move. Unfortunatley, this seems not to be known anymore widely than my own little brain, so the number of times I've bodychecked someone, you wouldn't believe!

Jellycat
20th May 2010, 22:51
Definately eerie or weird - by the way I'm not going to bed with ukmonkey even though we are going at the same time!!
Goodnight all

JC

ukmonkey
20th May 2010, 22:51
When you realise you were going to have an early night, notice that you've not, decide that it's finally time to go to bed, but yet still you can't be bothered to stand up and go to be.

Really, g'night all!

andylaine
20th May 2010, 22:52
Ooh this is getting eerie - we are now quoting the same things that annoy us

JC

lol, I started typing a reply then the phone rang. by the time I got back and posted I saw your post, how spooky was that

Jellycat
20th May 2010, 22:53
Time for bed me thinks

Goodnight again

JC

Gizmos
20th May 2010, 22:54
Well with that I work purely on an age thing, if they look older than me, I'll move, if they look younger, I expect them to move. Unfortunatley, this seems not to be known anymore widely than my own little brain, so the number of times I've bodychecked someone, you wouldn't believe!

younger and fitter - obviously wouldnt expect someone with crutches / wheelchar etc to move

so many rude people

hmm bosses who expect you to drive 4 hrs in a mornign and want you to start work at 9am after that ... not happy about paying hotel so get creative and stay with bf who lives half way and travel half night before and half the morning - yet wont pay for a meal for the two of us - so sod them next time will be staying in a hotel and maxing the expenses how I truly can

Floosy
20th May 2010, 22:55
Women who think the world want to see there naked bump, surely to god there must be at least one tshirt that must fit or they have a spare fiver to buy a new one?

heatherks
20th May 2010, 22:56
fruit shoot lids ..broke my teeth opening them for my two ...
my two when they constantly go mum .mum, mum .mummmmmmmm
also those who walk slowly round the shopping aisle .and wont let you by ..and those who stand chatting in the middle the aisle ...esp in morrisons after church on a sunday grrrrr

tiger
20th May 2010, 23:20
I annoy myself when I automatically apologise to the person who bumps into me with their shopping trolley and they just glare at me as if it really was my fault for being in their way.

arniep
20th May 2010, 23:34
Oh dear, you shouldn''t have started this one. I could add a few a day!!!! (and probably will)
Here is the start of my list.........
1) People leaving crumbs in the margarine
2) People putting milk in tea before removing the tea bag
3) People not washing hands after going to the loo
4) People eating with thier mouths open, actually just people eating noisely
5) People driving in the wrong gear
6) People using the wrong lane on purpose to get 2 car lengths ahead
7) People not using comman sense
8) People driving to slow/fast on roads
9) People wasting energy/not recycling
10) People littering
11) People paying more for something than they need to!!!!

I think you get the idea......PEOPLE!!!!!
I think this will be my favourite thread till I've reached at least 100

Would it suprise anyone that I have a Mr Grumpy in the back of my car :D

DIVA1977
21st May 2010, 00:51
People that when you call them . Spend least 5-10 minutes explaining to you why they cant talk. Leave you feeling , well if you actually shup for 2 secs i mighta been able to say why i called in the first place and be doing something else by now. Or by the time they have shup you forgotten what you want in the first place so have to call them another time.

People that moan they skint or w/e . Then when you suggest a solution of a way they could be proactive and change their situation they dont like it.

Jules_2005
21st May 2010, 01:11
Oh dear, you shouldn''t have started this one. I could add a few a day!!!! (and probably will)
Here is the start of my list.........
1) People leaving crumbs in the margarine
3) People not washing hands after going to the loo
4) People eating with thier mouths open, actually just people eating noisely
5) People driving in the wrong gear
6) People using the wrong lane on purpose to get 2 car lengths ahead
7) People not using comman sense
8) People driving to slow/fast on roads
9) People wasting energy/not recycling
10) People littering
11) People paying more for something than they need to!!!!

Ditto and

12) cars not indicating
13) bad manners
14) socks living under my son's bed !!!!
15) people not changing the toilet roll when its finished

I could be here all night lol

Gizmos
21st May 2010, 04:45
Hotel air con that doesnt work - lol so u wake up at 4am and surf notvon phone ...

One hot Gizmos

moonriver
21st May 2010, 04:49
my OH driving half way down the road and then putting his seat belt on while driving- drives me mad

Gizmos
21st May 2010, 05:00
People smoking when driving
people on mobile phones when driving

middle / third lane hoggers when nothing in the other lane and they are doing 60 on motorway

the ones who drive at 40mph on the 50mph motorwaY roadworks, in the outside lane so u have to undertake

roadworks that there is no sign of activity on for monthc

ukmonkey
21st May 2010, 05:53

Hu? It's people that don't put the milk in the cup FIRST (i.e. befote the tea bag and water) that annoy ME!

SuzyWoo
21st May 2010, 06:05
People who just want to take, take, take without attempting to put anything back.

numpty
21st May 2010, 06:12
people who get animals (pets) on a wim, without thinking about it and dumping it on the charities! As they didn't think about the cost/smell/time/size/family inter-reaction/aggression!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

People on benefits who have sky tv, nice furniture and bling but plead poverty!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

SuzyWoo
21st May 2010, 06:14
I may have to stop reading this thread or it will put me in a dreadful mood!

seosb
21st May 2010, 06:14
People on benefits who have sky tv, nice furniture and bling but plead poverty!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:[/QUOTE]

but you have to get your priorities right

seosb
21st May 2010, 06:18
drivers who cant be bothered to say thank you when you have let them through

Floosy
21st May 2010, 06:49
people who get animals (pets) on a wim, without thinking about it and dumping it on the charities! As they didn't think about the cost/smell/time/size/family inter-reaction/aggression!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

People on benefits who have sky tv, nice furniture and bling but plead poverty!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hahaha I can't agree more I remember telling my friend to **** off - when she phoned to gloat about her new car.

winebuff
21st May 2010, 07:19
Women who think the world want to see there naked bump, surely to god there must be at least one tshirt that must fit or they have a spare fiver to buy a new one?

I'm with you on this one. yuk:nono:

Floosy
21st May 2010, 07:34
A bump is a personal thing and contains the most precious cargo, why do they want to go walking about as though they are from the royal family lol..

beckieboop
21st May 2010, 07:40
i agree floosy!
what really annoys me at the minute is men who come home from work and say "ive been at work all day" when you ask them to see to the baby! grrrrrr .... like looking after the baby all day doesnt deserve a rest at the end of it
bex x

numpty
21st May 2010, 07:45
people who have huge gardens and fill it full of junk, old cars and washing machines!!!!!!!!

numpty
21st May 2010, 07:48
oh and last one from me!!!!!!!......................................... .................................................. ............

........ men who think they can bully women in the work place by getting aggressive, poking on the arm, then being smarmy and try to cuddle you when they think they can get away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: (so you can guess I'm having a lovely time at work at the mo!)

penfold
21st May 2010, 07:49
People leaving dishes on the worktop ON TOP of the dishwasher! It really is not that short a step to OPEN the dw and PUT the dishes INSIDE!

and an old favourite on here....peeps parking in child spaces when they have no children with them :(

People who stand at the reduction shelves, blocking them with their trolley so no one else can get near them, and take every single item from the SA as soon as they are priced :mad:

*debbie*
21st May 2010, 07:50
People who indicate they are going to turn left down the junction you are waiting at, and when you start to pull out, change their minds and make rude gestures at you.

Work collegues who say they will do something, then you find out a week later they haven't done it.....and you are in the s**t.

DaisyChain
21st May 2010, 08:41
Buses and taxis that think they have a god given right to pull out whenever and wherever.

Smokers who poke their rubbish out of the 2 open inches of their car windows

People who push prams out between parked cars before themselves

People in slow queues that still don't know what they want when they get to the front

cannyscot
21st May 2010, 08:50
Gee you lot need to take Kalms! I hope all these irritations and people don't bother you today and you all have a lovely sunny,happy day.

Floosy
21st May 2010, 09:02
I'm with you on the buggy business daisy, it annoys the hell out of me when they step into the road an assume you will stop because the pram has been pushed onto the road. Lol@ cannyscot x

littlemissnaughty
21st May 2010, 09:15
Staying with the pushchair theme.

I used to wind me up when I was pushing the buggy and there was a car parked on the kerb. There are cars all over with my buggy scratch marks down them! Why do people think that buggys can go on the main road so they can park on the path, arrrrgggghhhh!!!!

Mosaic
21st May 2010, 09:28
drivers who cant be bothered to say thank you when you have let them through

Agree with most of the stuff on here - but this one is my pet hate :eek: :eek:

I am a very considerate driver & stop to let people out when I can, I always try & put myself in their position & think I would appreciate being let out (or in!) - most people are grateful & even mouth "thank-you" & smile or wave:p it costs nothing & even brightens the day - the odd few just carry on as if it's their right anyway & completely ignore you (moron's :mad:) I feel like ramming them then! Lol

j9mcl
21st May 2010, 09:30
I have loads but can only remember a few just now

1. People smoking outside entrances to buildings especially hospitals and shopping centres.

2. Middle lane drivers.

3. Kids not in proper seats in cars or wearing seatbelts.

4. Dogs licking people's faces - yuk!!!

5. Babies and young children with pierced ears.

6. Queue jumpers.

7. People parking in disabled/parent & child spaces when they are neither.

8. Neighbours having bonfires when it is a nice hot sunny day and I have my washing out!!!!

9. People smoking when pushing buggies or near children.

10. Bear Grylls

mhoc
21st May 2010, 09:33
Anyone who speaks to me before 7.30 in the morning.

I get up, clear up, wash up, make sandwiches, see to the cats all before 7.30, all things I can do in a semi sleep state but I dont need OH asking me where his car keys are or even worse asking me where my handbag is to find some cash

You would think that after all of these years he would know to avoid me in the morning or at least to make himself invisible and just go to work out of my way or even better to get himself organised the night before :mad:

princesskerry
21st May 2010, 09:38
Bad manners.

"Manners cost nothing but are worth a million" - a quote on the bottom of a daily tear-off desk calendar I had years ago. It's stuck with me ever since. It surprises me the number of older people (women in particular, sorry ladies!) that have stinking manners, the number of times I've shouted "it's ok, you're welcome" after holding the door open for some middle aged woman who was entering a building a few paces behind me but didn't say thanks or even smile or acknowledge that I'd done her a tiny weeny favour.

I find older people can be the worst too, but my worst experience was with a elderly gentlemen and I'm still shocked to this day. We were in Tesco in the freezer aisle and were just literally picking up some goodies for a BBQ, both my little boys were stood next to me at the side of the freezer waiting for me to finish choosing, my 2 year old was facing down the aisle when an elderly gentlemen who was on the opposite side of the aisle decided to cross over with his trolley and barged into my two year old with such force he knocked him over.
Did the man apologise, no he tutted and mumbled under his breath that kids should get out of the way.
I was so surprised that unusually for me I did not say anything but several other people had witnessed the incident and shouted after the men and rushed to my little boy.
The trolley had hit him square in the face and knocked him over with some force he cracked his head on the floor.
I'm the first one to say if my children were being a nuisance or in peoples way, but on this incident we had been in the supermarket a matter of minutes and the boys had been walking holding hands and generally acting like angels as they were excited about the idea of family coming over for a BBQ.

I could go on but another incident that always amazes me, but after Jaydens birth lots of people on here know how poorly I had been, my mum decided it would be a good idea for me to go into town to pick up a few pieces for Jayden as so many of his clothing items were not fitting already. It was lees then 3 weeks after the birth and I was still very swollen and sore so we were taking it slowly, we went into Debenhams and decided to take the lift as mum thought I shouldn't be lifting the pram up the stairs after the surgery I had.
When the doors opened there were 4 people already inside but seeing the sign on the wall said the lift was suitable for eight people we entered the lift.
None of the people inside the lift were willing to let us inside and wouldn't move out of the way so it was a very tight fit and the atmosphere wasn't very nice especially when the doors closed.
A lady turned and said to an elderly gentlemen next to her how much it annoyed her when people perfectly able to use the stairs were using a lift that was already full. Seeing red I turned and asked her if she was referring to us, at which she said blatantly yes she was and I was perfectly able to use the stairs and my mum could have got in the lift only.
I pointed out the sign and the fact the lift was not overfull and the same could be applied to her and she had legs why did she not use them.
I've never been so angry in all my life, this lady then turned to her dad and said ''See I told you Dad I was going to let rip at someone I feel so angry today'', I think she decided to argue with the wrong person though. I wont go into detail with what else I said (I am a really placid person but do things out of character when I am pregnant, I also hasten to add I do not use bad language but am very good at putting my point across).
By the time the doors opened everyone outside the lift was well aware of the situation inside the lift as it was still going on and people were shaking there heads and tutting at this lady when they realised I had a newborn baby.
This lady hurried off with her father very quickly, I'm sure she will learn to keep her opinions to herself in future or risk someone retailiating the way I did.:D

Addy
21st May 2010, 10:09
Opening a packet of flour and dusting the whole of the kitchen because some has been trapped in the opening folding bit :mad:

Ooooh....and never ever being able to get all of the sugar out of a packet....there's always some rattling around in it somewhere!

There's lots of other things that really annoy me - inconsideration and bad manners being probably top of the list, but these are just some of the little things that really get my goat :lol:

Gizmos
21st May 2010, 10:10
why should you use stairs if had pram???

mhoc
21st May 2010, 11:16
First morning I've had for nearly a month totally on my own - nobody whatsoever in the house and realishing how quiet and peaceful it is.read the papers, palyed with cat, cleaned bathroom, done enough to warrant a few hours on the computer ...

And then the window cleaner comes and I really hate the window cleaner, freeks me out. I dont think the cats like them either thye are all hiding under beds now

And then I get 3 calls from my daughter, no gushing discussions about how lovely was your break etc, how uni is going, how is grandad, what is happening with her brothers etc.

No the usual I cant pay my phone bill and my phone has been cut off yet again. happens every month - the only bill she has to pay

Now gone from annoyed to fuming mad :mad:

tiger
21st May 2010, 11:22
Neighbours who put bags of rubbish alongside their overflowing bin where the magpies rip them open and scatter the contents. As soon as there is a bit of breeze it ends up in our garden. :mad:

Luctongirl
21st May 2010, 11:40
Have we had

cars being parked > on the pavement < ?

I'd love to put that in capitals but as none of you would do that, I won't shout at you

salsa
21st May 2010, 12:04
Bad Manners

Not being fair

Stupid mind games adults play.

j9mcl
21st May 2010, 12:25
Here's another one to add to my list

People that don't pick up after their dog.

suzie3441
21st May 2010, 12:27
My OH breathing!

penfold
21st May 2010, 12:48
My OH breathing!

(I now have images of this page being used as evidence for a murder trial....:eek:)

Run Mr Suzie3441...RUN!!!!

Gizmos
21st May 2010, 13:03
can concur with Suzie - much as I like him he does snore a little at times but bless he tries to wait for me togoto sleep before he dozes off

Second Born
21st May 2010, 13:08
People who decide to pass the parked cars on their side of the road, drive straight at you and expect you to swerve out of the way or even mount the pavement to avoid them.

I'm sorry to say that I have also had a really bad experience with an older person. I vividly remember waiting in the queue at Morrisons once and the old lady behind me shoved her trolley into my backside. The first time I assumed it was an accident. After the third time I turned around and asked her to stop doing it as it was painful. She told me in no uncertain terms that if I didn't like it I should get out of her way! Even one of the shoppers at the next till over looked at her in shock.

Addy
21st May 2010, 13:12
I would never ever make excuses for people that are just plain rude, but I do wonder if mental health problems might make some people behave in ways that we would deem sociably unacceptable.

Made in Devon
21st May 2010, 13:17
When at the reduced isle at Tesco (for eg) they stand there and have their trolley blocking the rest of the isle..... utterly determined that no-one else can have a bargain.

microjan
21st May 2010, 13:34
my family have a fetish for cotton buds, and i am sick of picking them up everywhere and having to put them in the bin,

Bathroom towels left all over the floor oh and the empty toilet rolls on the floor, there is a bin in there for ******** sake, can you tell i have teenagers !!!!!!, oh and a hubby that does exactly the same !!!, now i will go and have a chill pill :D

Ladyshopper
21st May 2010, 19:20
Having to tell my DS age 12 about 10 times to do one single thing. He is making me want to scream at the moment as am having to do this with everything.

Middle lane drivers on the motorway - why do some people just not understand the system of staying in the left hand lane other than to overtake, then move back again. Sometimes when it is very quiet and there is no other traffic and they're tootling along at 60mph in the middle lane I will undertake them (I know, I know, shoot me now) to try and make the point, but no, they still stay there. Thats one that really really really winds me up.

Also on the driving front, not indicating, and generally poor/inconsiderate driving.

Lots of other things, most of which have already been mentioned, but just thought I would vent about the driving ones!

CharleneUK
21st May 2010, 19:37
People who stand in a group right in the middle of the pavement and you can't get by!

angelic
21st May 2010, 20:23
Ignorance / bad manners - absolutely no excuse for either.
Constant moaning - look on the bright side, negativity breeds negativity ;)

Lots of my others have already been mentioned but I'm sure I'll think of some more....

I heard from someone who is a friend of a friend that her DH used to get so mad with peeps dumping their trollies in supermarket aisles or blocking shelves that he had a bit of fun....
He would pick up anything from the nearest shelf and add it to the offending trolley "by mistake" - that story tickled my wicked sense of humour :D

princesskerry
21st May 2010, 21:41
why should you use stairs if had pram???

You shouldn't have too juat reread it and realised I didn't say the Lady felt if I couldn't take the pram on the stairs then my mum only should have gone in the lift with the pram and I should have took the stairs and met them at the other end.
I actually used to sometimes take the stairs when my children were a bit older but I wouldn't with a newborn unless I had someone lifting the pram as bumping a newborn sleeping baby up stairs. :der:

I have another one to add to this thread, coming home from a nice family meal to find some local kids that have moved into the area have set fire to our back hedge. Our neighbours have frantically tried to put it out as have people who live nearby but eventually the fire brigade has to be called.
It was lucky as the ground was so dry the whole hedge would have gone up and it spreads down at least 10 houses one way, and up to 20 the other way. We have a large corner plot and a well established garden with three large trees, a wooden childrens treehouse / play frame, and a wooden potting shed, our garden would have went up so fast. Thankfully our gardens walls are all stone besides the back hedge.:eek:

OH is now absolutely livid and an appointment is being made with the Headteacher of the school behind us, as they used the schools land to trespass in our garden and set fire to the hedge.
Our garden is big and it is the very far corner and the back side of the large hedge so none of the damage can be seen on our side, so thankfully our neighbours were in and that we have such a good relationship with them that they raced to help.

Jellycat
21st May 2010, 22:11
Oh Princesskerry so glad your neighbours helped out - as you say it could have been worse. Hopefully the hedges will survive. I am also very lucky to have good neighbours, we look out for eachother here too.

JC

Jellycat
21st May 2010, 22:14
A really annoying thing happend this evening. Just got my nails all the same length, ready to put some nailvarnish on and what happens? Banged me hand on the doorhandle and one has split. Had to cut it right back as it stuck to everything. Grrr

JC

madline
21st May 2010, 23:24
crunching on egg-shell in egg mayonaise...yuk. also many of the things already mentioned

heatherks
22nd May 2010, 00:09
on public transport where people sit on the area reserved for prams / disabled even though the bus or train is half empty

drivers who dont know red at traffic lights/ crossing mean STOP and still continue to drive over after it has already shown red for at least 30 sec

madline
22nd May 2010, 00:21
people who cockle on chairs (push the chair back onto 2 back legs)

beckieboop
22nd May 2010, 08:09
people who mutter behind your back....sooooooooo rude!

happyally
22nd May 2010, 08:44
mums who shout at their children and tell them to "grow up" - they're kids for goodness sake.

Also people who stride through, everywhere it seems, engaging in mobile phone conversations littered with the "f" word.

Miserable public service staff. Why go for and then accept a job when you have a permanent scowl and no s.o.h. Additionally, those same staff who continue to have conversations with either another employee or worse, a personal telephone conversation, while you are left standing there like a lemon - and then when they eventually deem you worthy of talking to - they don't even apologise for keeping you waiting. When I left school my first job at age 16 was as office junior (and reception duties). My boss gave me a list on my first day with various office rules. One of which was "always appear cheerful to clients, even if you don't feel it". A long forgotten quality.

Pettiness generally. For example, why would a school make a big enough deal (enough to include it in a newsletter) about girls who do not wear school colour hair accessories yet continue to allow bullying and general playground spitefulness continue without recrimination.

Kids clothing manufacturers who have never heard of lycra content and think all little girls are skinny minnies who can slip into high fashion, low sitting jeans.

Various companies (dentists and solicitors immediately spring to mind) whose profession once used to be personal, caring and compassionate that have now turned into "just a business" with money their only motivation.

Buttons that come off new clothes.

Celebrity magazines for portraying unrealistic expectations on young shoulders. Bring back "Jackie" with its, although we didn't see it then, innocence.

Mascaras that don't do what they promise.

Lidl when they don't have all the items in store despite their heavily advertised leaflet drop.

Bank clearance timescales.

Toy manufacturers with their OTT packaging. On Christmas Eve I want to sack them all!

Car booters who are happy to sell an incomplete puzzle or game to a child all for the sake of 50p! Shame on them!

OMG, I sound a misery. sorry.

holliemon
22nd May 2010, 09:06
Men who wake up early and then ask you if you want a coffee (when you are fast asleep) then pulls back the curtains and puts the TV on. Then he starts playing with the dog on the bed and then tries playing with you.

They then wonder why we are grumpy!"!

princesskerry
22nd May 2010, 09:09
Oh Princesskerry so glad your neighbours helped out - as you say it could have been worse. Hopefully the hedges will survive. I am also very lucky to have good neighbours, we look out for eachother here too.

JC

Thankyou Jelly, I was a bit apprehensive last night going to bed as I thought imagine if these children were silly enough to do something like that at night when we might not realise in time. These are primary school children by the way, 10 - 11 years old and already smoking and messing with lighters. :nono:

happyally
22nd May 2010, 09:17
Men who wake up early and then ask you if you want a coffee (when you are fast asleep) then pulls back the curtains and puts the TV on. Then he starts playing with the dog on the bed and then tries playing with you.

They then wonder why we are grumpy!"!

OH when when he says "see you later" at the end of every conversation when he has no intention of seeing them later.

Men when they call other men they may have just met "mate"

also men (and kids) who have to dismantle things (or play with them) in doorways. Actually that annoys me more than anything. Arrrrrggggggggggggggggg!

arniep
22nd May 2010, 10:14
OH when when he says "see you later" at the end of every conversation when he has no intention of seeing them later.

Men when they call other men they may have just met "mate"

also men (and kids) who have to dismantle things (or play with them) in doorways. Actually that annoys me more than anything. Arrrrrggggggggggggggggg!

Are you my other half???

novagirl
22nd May 2010, 11:48
Drivers that don't indicate ~ am I just supposed to guess where you are going?
People not wearing seatbelts or even worse, the ones that can't be bothered to click it in and just hold it. (anyone remember Peter Kay saying that once in a stand up routine)

I could go on and on...loads of things bug me.

tyroleandancer
22nd May 2010, 17:49
People judging other people before hearing the full story :(

jejawill
22nd May 2010, 19:06
Small pieces of lego somewhere in every room in our house,which at some point i will stand on & not be happy!

Jellycat
22nd May 2010, 19:23
Toilet rolls with the perforations not matching up through most of the roll - really annoying.

JC

lisa
22nd May 2010, 20:15
Toilet rolls with the perforations not matching up through most of the roll - really annoying.

JC

that's normally just where the ply from one bit has stuck to the ply of another, if you grab just one ply and wrap that around the roll it normally sorts it out (if you make sense of that you're a genius!).:D

emzylou21
22nd May 2010, 21:48
When people dont want to park on double yellows so park on the pavement nxt to them instead?!?!?! wtf am I missing something there? I refuse to wheel my buggy on the road so stand and wait for the offending driver to return to there vehical and glare at them :mad: I also do this when people insist on parking over a dropped kerb so rather than bump the buggy up kerb I wait and make them feel guilty grrrr, so many others too lol I agree with all the supermarket ones everyone else has said , got to say if anyone - even if it was an old man knocked my baby over then didnt apolagise alot I would have punched him, what a disgusting thing for someone to do!

fairygirl06
22nd May 2010, 22:15
Having to buy something or spend some money without having time to research the price first!

Aardvaak
22nd May 2010, 22:58
There are MANY little things that annoy me each and every day (my name isn't Monkey Meldrew, btw!)

Thought I'd start a thread for us to share our daily irritations...

Pretty much everything but thanks to CBT I am learning to live with it.

Jellycat
22nd May 2010, 23:09
What/Who is CBT please?

JC

rainbow
22nd May 2010, 23:12
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy?

rocco
23rd May 2010, 02:25
Tesco carrier bags, why don't they open?
DVD's wrapped in polythene, it's a pain to open and why? is it to keep them fresh?
Why do WH Smith have pests in their doorways trying to sell you things?

happyally
23rd May 2010, 09:08
Food packaging that promises "with fresh onions" - as opposed to manky ones, yeah?

On re-reading my previous long post on this thread I couldn't believe so many things bugged me - I checked the calendar - and yes pmt is my current buddy!

Jellycat
23rd May 2010, 09:16
When I used to have PMT (not any more thankfully) - yes definately everything & everybody used to annoy me.

JC

addictedtosaving
23rd May 2010, 10:19
Drivers that don't indicate ~ am I just supposed to guess where you are going?
People not wearing seatbelts or even worse, the ones that can't be bothered to click it in and just hold it. (anyone remember Peter Kay saying that once in a stand up routine)

Something that REALLY bugs me is parents who do not fasten their children in with seat belts. Quite often the parents have actually got theirs on but allow their children to stand up in the back, between the front seats sometimes.:nono:

happyally
23rd May 2010, 10:26
Yes ATS, I want to hammer on their windows! How dare they?

Oh, also parents who don't put sun hats on their babies.

choccywoccygirl
23rd May 2010, 19:58
just done the packed lunches for tomorrow and as ever the clip on lids from the lunch boxes wont go on-i have to faff around with them before they fit. these stupid things annoy me every time i make the sandwiches.

thebint123
23rd May 2010, 21:30
Ex's who think its funny as fook for their current g/f to reply to a txt :-/

Not cool !!!!!!

mhoc
23rd May 2010, 23:21
just done the packed lunches for tomorrow and as ever the clip on lids from the lunch boxes wont go on-i have to faff around with them before they fit. these stupid things annoy me every time i make the sandwiches.

People who are soo organised that they do the packed lunches the night before :D

icho
24th May 2010, 06:43
The thing that niggles me is birthday parties when people don't let you know either way if they are coming.
I appreciate that peps can't always come and a no does not hurt.

happyally
24th May 2010, 09:16
all the faff at the beginning of a dvd...

"family" (mention no names) who eat cereal, mostly weetabix, and don't put the bowl an extra inch to the left into the sink - by the time I get to it its concreted on.

"family" (again mention no names) who use the last of something and leave the empty container/package so you don't know until you go to use it that its all gone!

Corner shops that charge so much more than the supermarket.

People who don't clean up after their dogs.

Whoever it is who flicks their dog-ends in your path.

People who cross your path when you are walking.

Whoever it is that has not taken home their broken glass vase at Weston super Mare Cemetary and just thrown it in the hedge. If you are reading this - shame on you!

Kate Garraway - now she really really really annoys me. Don't know why.

I am officially a grump! Sorry!

jamsandwhich
24th May 2010, 09:24
Bad customer Service - if there are any ROLAWN employees on here - take note, if I was so unhelpful to one of our paying customers I would be truly ashamed and would get the sack!!!

It takes a lot to really wind me up but I am fuming this morning and feel like ringing them back but am resisiting and bothering PTS with it instead - sorry guys (PTS guys not Rolawn:p) X

It is not even PMT time either which is when I can be a bit cranky so they must have been bad - feel like I am going to blow an ash cloud bigger than the Icelandic volcano!!!

I always also praise for good customer service and products too as not enough people do and it is really nice when we get thanks - I even e-mailed Photobox how chuffed with a poster print I was as it was great!

happyally
24th May 2010, 11:21
Bad customer Service - if there are any ROLAWN employees on here - take note, if I was so unhelpful to one of our paying customers I would be truly ashamed and would get the sack!!!

I always also praise for good customer service and products too as not enough people do and it is really nice when we get thanks - I even e-mailed Photobox how chuffed with a poster print I was as it was great!

I agree JS. Despite all my griping, if Ive had good customer service I always make a point of telling them. Doesn't happen that often sadly.

From memory my most recent companies deserving of praise was John West. Walkers Books, Green & Blacks chocolate and our local Indian takeaway...

I recently had a bad c.s experience with Vodaphone - they then sent me an email asking for my feedback - and boy did they get it! Strangely haven't heard from them since...

Here's something else that annoys me - groups of (mostly) mums who stand at the school entrance gate and chat at peak times! For gods sake - M-O-V-E!

Again, (mostly) mums who suck the fun out of dancing classes for littleys with their competativeness.

and another... Parents who go OTT with party goody bags. Why? why? why?

Teachers who think its a wonderful idea to send a class "bear" home with the "special one" especially when fairness does not come into it at all & your child is one of the last to take it home while others have had his company several times. Equally the stupid, insane mothers who "make" things for this wretched bear to go back to school with the next day. Its now got so many accessories and clothes which also have to be carted backwards and forwards. Tell you what, when Millie gets to bring it home again, I'm going to put it on the bonfire!

Thought Id left this all behind when I had Chloe & Beth as teenies. Drives me crazy! BEWARE, the "blue peter" mummies, I call them. Those that have to make things and then "pretend" that their child did it.

happyally
24th May 2010, 11:23
I have posted so much on this thread - sorry, but its great therapy! lol.

mhoc
24th May 2010, 11:24
I am soo very glad that I dont have little ones now - the bear thing would have annoyed me as well. My 3 would never had had a turn to bring it home :D

Can you not say that you cant bring the bear home because the cat/dog/goldfish has allergies to the stuffing in bears?

happyally
24th May 2010, 12:03
Quite frankly Mhoc I would like to stamp up and down several times on this bear so it would have no stuffing! Then I would like to stab it all over with a blunt fork! Then I may put it on a bonfire... lol

How is your daughter by the way? x

Second Born
24th May 2010, 12:18
People who park across or in our driveway, blocking us in (or out). And then have the cheek to give OH an earful when he asks them to move.

Here's a sample of their excuses:

:( I was only going to be 15 minutes. (So they moved a few yards away and stayed there all afternoon. That's a long 15 minutes.)
:eek: You can just ask and I'll let you in (or out). (So we have to track you down and ask permission to use our own driveway?!)
:nono: Last time I parked further down the road, someone clipped my van. (Well, if you leave your van across our drive, you might find the entire side caved in when we have to try to drive through it.)
:shocked: You're not using your driveway right now, so it shouldn't matter if I park in it/across it. (So if you're not using your bedroom right now it's okay for me to go take a nap at your house?)
:mad: There's no where else to park. (Since when did my driveway become an public parking space? And why don't you ever park across anyone else's driveway in this road?)

jamsandwhich
24th May 2010, 12:27
OMG happyally don't!! My two go to school in September (only two mornings but it is the start!) and they are going to be in seperate classes so birthday parties are going to be either huge or political:rolleyes: or actually non-existent:D

I have decided to be a bad mummy from day one so there will be no dissapointments as the years go on! My niece has toys to bring home and when she forgot to take it back one day my sister got a snotty note from the school :eek:

I also have another hate - I cooked a joint of beef yesterday but we didn't really want a dinner as it was too hot. I have just cut myself the first slice all covered in mustrad and black pepper and all crispy on the outside - and dropped it in a sink of hot soapy water:( It didn't taste the same as usual.

barafear799
24th May 2010, 12:41
There's a lot of very "annoyed" people on this thread.

I could also spout a long list - but I won't bore you all too much with that today - the one I will mention is also a "cry for help" too.....

It's when you see something (on TV, advertising hoarding etc etc) and you can't remember where you saw them before - a lot easier these days with the internet - but you still have to check out the credits and remember the name (if you are near your computer) -

and on a related note - this is my cry for help

I was in a pub/club place over the weekend - I was quite sober - but they had a massive screen showing pop videos - and there was this one I really liked - but I had no idea who it was - I was desperately trying to remember some of the lyrix so I could google them - but to no avail - so this is a bit of a search in a haystack!!! -

The video featured this girl (solo singer I suspect) who was sortof walking down the street towards the camera and singing - to describe her - I'd say she was early 20s.....I'm guessing she was American - but then she might have been British (I really was sober!) - and she looked and sounded like a rock chick - and the lyrics of the song seemed to contain the words "rock, or rock star, or rock band" - I don't think it was Avril Lavigne - it def wasn't Pink (I wanna be a rock star) - nor was it the Nickelback song (I wanna be in a rock band) -

but it was quite a rocky tune, she looked like a "nice rock chick" - and I wanted to get it on my ipod!!! Not much good if I dunno what it is!!!

Any vague ideas?

Gizmos
24th May 2010, 12:47
Was she walking them on a bike and in a car blonde girl wake up in the morning brush teeth with Jack?

Gizmos
24th May 2010, 12:51
http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?client=mv-google&tspv=1&view=playlists&user=kesha

any of these

Ladyshopper
24th May 2010, 15:40
Its not the girl from gossip girl is it, Taylor something or other? Young, slim. Can't remember what the song is called, might be Makes me wanna die, or at least it has those lyrics in there!

SuzyWoo
24th May 2010, 15:46
People lying to me. I would rather be hurt by the trutch than be lied to.

ukmonkey
24th May 2010, 16:48
Chav neighbours who setup their kids' paddling pool on the road outside their house.

barafear799
24th May 2010, 17:16
Hi

thanx for the suggestions - but not Kesha and not the girl from gossip girl.

Sorry I forgot to mention in the video this girl had shoulder length straight brunette (brown!) hair......ie:she wasn't blond!!!

As I say - she did have a bit of an Avril Lavigne look about her - but it wasn't Avril!!!

Arghhh........

mhoc
24th May 2010, 17:17
Chav neighbours who setup their kids' paddling pool on the road outside their house.

One of mine stands in the road, can in hand watching all of the comings and goings. One day he was even hanging out of the front window. Perhaps he is one of these that does not like being confined to the house although I dont know how he is going to watch the football from the road

mhoc
24th May 2010, 17:22

Our neighbour has been demolishing the ajoining wall in our garden. We now have a good view of his sit on mower, motorbike, sports car, four by four, garden seat, garden table and chairs, bistro table and chairs,large square outdoor spa pool, hampster cage, large pile of bricks, several fence panels, garden lights, large quantities of tarpaulin, various assorted garden tools, garden hose wheelie bins,compost bins, a bare patch of earth where he sets fire to his rubbish mostly just waering shorts but often in a very short barely covering dressing gown,.... etc

If it was a council house at least I could complain

SuzyWoo
24th May 2010, 17:32
The bag splitting when you are opening a bag of rice and it spilling all over the floor. Grrrr.

tiger
24th May 2010, 18:16
DH borrowing my garden trowel and breaking it digging up something he should have used a spade for.

I've told him I'm posting this. :lol:

numpty
24th May 2010, 18:48
this is a new one! England cars flags which end up littering the motorways/roads!!!!!!!!

Poundsinbucks
24th May 2010, 19:10
I get annoyed when trying to use those small plastic boxes Sainsbury's gave away a little while back, the lids are impossible to get off without using some kind of implement (knife, spoon, whatever is near). OH is convinced that's why they were giving them away...

And I get annoyed at the lady who walks 5 spaniels but doesn't clean up after them! But I am not brave enough to confront her :(.

Poundsinbucks x :)

thebint123
24th May 2010, 19:42
The owner of the dog who keeps letting it pee up the the side of my front door. After several attempts to make the wall dog proof they still do it ... even when i left a note to the doggy to train his owner to take him an extra stride to the bush at the side of my house. How fooking disrespectful is that for a fellow neighbour to allow it to happen.
Well i say fellow neighbour ... maybe the other end of the row, but none the less.

numpty
24th May 2010, 19:45
And I get annoyed at the lady who walks 5 spaniels but doesn't clean up after them! But I am not brave enough to confront her :(.

Poundsinbucks x :)

take her picture and e-mail to dog warden with rough times she like to walk her dogs! :):eyebrows:

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 20:42
Men who leave their hair in the sink/bath after having a shave

The bin men who leave my wheelie bin right outside my front door- if I'm in it is very difficult to move it in order to get out!

People who stuff their kids full of sweets/processed food day in, day out

Two-faced people

Liars

Cheats

Most of what everyone else said (I am a miserable biatch lol)

Floosy
25th May 2010, 21:34
this is a new one! England cars flags which end up littering the motorways/roads!!!!!!!!

I can't bare the damn flags, god awful tacky looking rubbish!

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 21:42
I can't bare the damn flags, god awful tacky looking rubbish!

I don't understand why people NEED to have the flags on their cars & stuff-

I'm gonna go buy a whole load and decorate the buggy with them just to upset everyone :D:D

Floosy
25th May 2010, 21:45
Claire they are just pure ****e! Wait till they lose and they will be half price lmao x

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 21:48
Claire they are just pure ****e! Wait till they lose and they will be half price lmao x

I have to keep up with the whole chavvy single mum on benefits image Kel- I need to buy some England flags to decorate the pram with, give Connor a huuuuuge necklace to wear round his neck (maybe with boxing gloves on it?), get his ear pierced and dress him and myself in head to toe burberry-

see, I know how to chav it up ;)

Floosy
25th May 2010, 21:49
I have to say I agree with whoever it was, that said something about road manners.. When you let someone out and its not there right of way and they drive on by without so much of a nod of the head! GRRR..

Dominic
25th May 2010, 22:04
Middle lane hoggers

Those who don't indicate on roundabouts... surely they must get annoyed when sitting waiting to exit and people do this to them?!

People who play games with people's heads/hearts

People on my train: 'there's only one door on the train' is one of our favorite sayings, they will stand patiently waiting while people struggle with luggage or bikes/pushchairs whilst there is an open door alongside with nobody using it! Those who push to get on despite people still trying to get off.

Lorries that overtake despite only being a dual carriageway and despite the fact it has taken them half an hour to get from 20 yards away to right behind the wagon in front!

No, no more. Am going to think happy thoughts!!!

Floosy
25th May 2010, 22:08
I used to middle lane hog but my driving has become a lot more confident and I even do speeding and over taking in the fast lane now!

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 22:09
i am probably one of those people that all drives hate- even though my general driving is fine i was always getting told to drive faster by my instructor lol

princesskerry
25th May 2010, 22:09
Men who shout and moan at the TV when they are losing Call of Duty or various other PS3 computer games.:rolleyes:

Heard the best comment then ''You can't get me I'm behind a tree'', only for the game to still kill him.

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 22:10
dutch ovens

fairygirl
25th May 2010, 22:10
Middle lane hoggers

Those who don't indicate on roundabouts... surely they must get annoyed when sitting waiting to exit and people do this to them?!People who play games with people's heads/hearts

People on my train: 'there's only one door on the train' is one of our favorite sayings, they will stand patiently waiting while people struggle with luggage or bikes/pushchairs whilst there is an open door alongside with nobody using it! Those who push to get on despite people still trying to get off.

Lorries that overtake despite only being a dual carriageway and despite the fact it has taken them half an hour to get from 20 yards away to right behind the wagon in front!
No, no more. Am going to think happy thoughts!!!

Those are probably two of the biggest things which annoy me.....amongst others, mostly all road related are middle lane hogs, rudeness (both on the road and off) and women (sorry, i've only ever seen women do this) who insist on crossing their children across a main road to save having to walk 50 yards to traffic lights!:nono:

Oh, and have to confess to having those chavvy car flags, can't help it I miss football so much already and season has only just finished, i can't wait for the world cup to start and embrace all the tackiness that comes with it!

Dominic
25th May 2010, 22:11
I think people middle lane hog because they have the (wrong) belief that the inside lane is the 'slow lane' :der:

Aye you come up to the the roundabout and have to stop as you are watching the car come round towards you and they turn off into the road you are coming out of. I feel like turning around and stopping them and wringing their blady necks. Luckily I don't suffer from road rage.

ukmonkey
25th May 2010, 22:11
Men who leave their hair in the sink/bath after having a shave

How about women with long hair whom's hair becomes caught in the bath plug and ends up blocking the pipes slightly when she doesn't move it

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 22:12
How about women with long hair whom's hair becomes caught in the bath plug and ends up blocking the pipes slightly when she doesn't move it

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but I always clean the drain after I wash my hair cos I molt spectacularly lol

Floosy
25th May 2010, 22:13
i am probably one of those people that all drives hate- even though my general driving is fine i was always getting told to drive fahat ster by my instructor lol

Driving slow can be just as dangerous!

I couldn't do a list but its coming flooding back lol.

People that can just about find any excuse to moan.

Online bully's/trolls.

*gone back to thinking*

Dominic
25th May 2010, 22:15
Women who moan about men leaving the toilet seat up ;) you have a pair of hands too, it is as easy to put it down as it is for us to have to put up. Simples :D

Floosy
25th May 2010, 22:16
No I middle lane hogged because I felt safe lol... Anyway my middle lane hogging days are over and confidence on the road full restored!

connorsmummy
Driving slow can be just as dangerous!

I couldn't do a list but its coming flooding back lol.

People that can just about find any excuse to moan.

Online bully's/trolls.

*gone back to thinking*

People that think they're better than others- I cannot stand that!

Don't worry Kel, I'll make sure that my driving is up to scratch before I drive anywhere near you lol- I am getting better and the funny thing is he would tell me to go faster that I was holding up traffic when there was nobody behind me!!

connorsmummy
Women who moan about men leaving the toilet seat up ;) you have a pair of hands too, it is as easy to put it down as it is for us to have to put up. Simples :D

And what happened to your hands Dom?

Floosy

well yes and it saves sitting on the ****y seat in the dark.

Dominic
25th May 2010, 22:18
I think if you are learning to drive you have to do it at your own pace. There should be obligatory 'P' (probationary) plates for a year also, most drivers are a bit more patient then. It is the old duffers (usually wearing a flat cap) - George and Deirdre out for their Sunday drive lol that probably has never had an accident in their lives but caused lots!

Dominic
25th May 2010, 22:20
And what happened to your hands Dom?

But when did you last hear about a man moaning (without a woman first moaning) about the seat being left down?! We just accept it needs to be moved and do it :confused: Some use it up, some use it down. Why do women expect it to be left ready for them exclusively?!

fairygirl
25th May 2010, 22:21
ooh, another road related one......
people who stop dead at roundabouts even though you can clearly see ahead and all directions and see there is no traffic coming....slow down by all means if you are unsure but no need to come to a dead halt then start off again

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 22:21
I think if you are learning to drive you have to do it at your own pace. There should be obligatory 'P' (probationary) plates for a year also, most drivers are a bit more patient then. It is the old duffers (usually wearing a flat cap) - George and Deirdre out for their Sunday drive lol that probably has never had an accident in their lives but caused lots!

I remember when I lived in Hackney (right in the middle of a Hacidic Jew community) there was a little old Jewish man who drove a massive Volvo estate, and he was the tinest man I had ever seen- he had to use cushions to see over the steering wheel and even then looking in from the outside it looked like a child was driving the car lol. He caused several accidents over the years, my dad deliberatly avoided the street he lived on in case he ran into him- literally!

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 22:23
But when did you last hear about a man moaning (without a woman first moaning) about the seat being left down?! We just accept it needs to be moved and do it :confused: Some use it up, some use it down. Why do women expect it to be left ready for them exclusively?!

Dom if you flush a toilet with the lid up it sends all sorts of bacteria flying out into the bathroom- that's what its for- to be put down!

Dominic
25th May 2010, 22:24
Dom if you flush a toilet with the lid up it sends all sorts of bacteria flying out into the bathroom- that's what its for- to be put down!

Do you honestly believe that?!

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 22:25

Prove me wrong :-p

jamsandwhich
25th May 2010, 22:29

Next time you go put your face level with the loo seat and flush - I found this out not as part of a controlled experiment, today one child flushed the loo on me while I was re-dressing the other and I wasn't really that close. I felt a bit green after and washed my face:shocked:

penfold
25th May 2010, 22:30
those people (mainly men) who just HAVE to overtake me, even though I am driving at the speed limit, just because I am in a little car :mad:

Dominic
25th May 2010, 22:33
Most toilets are the cleanest places in the house due to the bleach and cleaning products used. Most bodily waste, whilst unpleasant, is not laden with germs as people tend to think. If it was that unhealthy, bad and germ ridden we would be very ill indeed as it comes from within us!

Urban myth the loo seat keeping germs in. If it were so your loo seat underneath would be ridden with them and they would be crawling all over your bathroom anyway!

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 22:33
Dom, have a look at www.bog-standard.org, factsheet 15, second paragraph- laptop won't let me copy & paste for some reason grrrrr

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 22:34
Most toilets are the cleanest places in the house due to the bleach and cleaning products used. Most bodily waste, whilst unpleasant, is not laden with germs as people tend to think. If it was that unhealthy, bad and germ ridden we would be very ill indeed as it comes from within us!

Urban myth the loo seat keeping germs in. If it were so your loo seat underneath would be ridden with them and they would be crawling all over your bathroom anyway!

Did I say seat? I actually meant lid lol

Dominic
25th May 2010, 22:36
Can't see where factsheets are..... but I would suggest you check out the sponsors of that website. It is a bit like people who make low fat meals telling you how bad normal meals are and how good their are!

Floosy
25th May 2010, 22:39
Whereare the fact sheets? I can't see them..

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 22:40
Can't see where factsheets are..... but I would suggest you check out the sponsors of that website. It is a bit like people who make low fat meals telling you how bad normal meals are and how good their are!

Oops- I googled and just looked at the first result lol.

Ok then, what are lids for then- are they just asthetically (sp) pleasing? Unless you thoroughly bleach the toilet every single time you use it there will be bacteria in the loo and if you flush with the lid up you are spreading the bacteria around the room

That's my argument and I'm sticking to it :p

Floosy
25th May 2010, 22:40
Did I say seat? I actually meant lid lol

No u deffo said lid

Dominic
25th May 2010, 22:46
Lid and seat: Both would be sprayed with revolting bacteria every time you flush, all those germs crawling about and getting on your bum and legs next time you sit on the seat and rub your clothes against the underside of the seat......

Far better to put it up out the way I'd say :D

Would rather have the germs on the floor and the wall where I don't sit! Lol

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 22:50
Lid and seat: Both would be sprayed with revolting bacteria every time you flush, all those germs crawling about and getting on your bum and legs next time you sit on the seat and rub your clothes against the underside of the seat......

Far better to put it up out the way I'd say :D

Would rather have the germs on the floor and the wall where I don't sit! Lol

That's why the very nice people at domestos invented toilet cleaner! Seriously though Dom- put the lid down when you flush!!! Its good hygiene :D

Dominic
25th May 2010, 22:57
Domestos goes IN the loo overnight though doesn't it? Not sprayed under the lid/seat? Or do you put it down before EVERY flush after pooing and peeing? Shouldn't you wait before flushing then so it can kill the germs first? Is it the germs in there (allegedly) that fly into the atmosphere that apparently everyone is worried about? My toilet seat has a gap under where these germs can escape.... should I be worried then?

Domestos kills 99% of germs.... can you get a product that kills the other 1% or are these the really lethal boogers that can kill you? Do they come out only at night or in the day?

I might just stick to pooing in a bag instead. Much safer.

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 22:58
Domestos goes IN the loo overnight though doesn't it? Not sprayed under the lid/seat? Or do you put it down before EVERY flush after pooing and peeing? Shouldn't you wait before flushing then so it can kill the germs first? Is it the germs in there (allegedly) that fly into the atmosphere that apparently everyone is worried about? My toilet seat has a gap under where these germs can escape.... should I be worried then?

Domestos kills 99% of germs.... can you get a product that kills the other 1% or are these the really lethal boogers that can kill you? Do they come out only at night or in the day?

I might just stick to pooing in a bag instead. Much safer.

Dom I cannot read this whole post as I am laughing too much- like you said, poo in a bag (or a nappy maybe?)- its safer!!

Polo
25th May 2010, 23:11
Can't believe he has confessed to pooing in a bag on the public forum soooooooooooo funny :rofl:

And amazing where these threads end up :D

connorsmummy
25th May 2010, 23:14
Can't believe he has confessed to pooing in a bag on the public forum soooooooooooo funny :rofl:

And amazing where these threads end up :D

Polo he started it, I swear!

Just make sure you have a good supply of brown baggies :behindsofa:

DaisyChain
26th May 2010, 07:08
It just looks pants with the seat up as well as a bit of a middle of the night shock when you make contact with the porcelain rim

I live with 3 men who find putting seat/lid down as hard as changing the bog roll except when they want to hide a persistent floater that won't flush . When we move , I'm claiming one loo as the ladies only loo

Talking about having a pee. At 11am yesterday, caught 2 blokes parked up having a wee in the bushes at the front of our estate , in full view, not even hidden away. Yuck. They caught up with me at the traffic lights and I got the finger off them for voicing my objections. Not even youngsters

Oh and the gyppos have taken over and trashed one of the main family parks in town as well as having a Saturday night thieving spree. Shifted from there , they are now on school grounds and the children had to be sent home .

Dominic
26th May 2010, 07:50
It just looks pants with the seat up as well as a bit of a middle of the night shock when you make contact with the porcelain rim

I live with 3 men who find putting seat/lid down as hard as changing the bog roll except when they want to hide a persistent floater that won't flush . When we move , I'm claiming one loo as the ladies only loo.

See this is what I don't get: why don't you check it first? Whilst our aim might be suspect sometimes (you try aiming an 18" anaconda with a mind of it's own ;)) we don't assume it is up, otherwise it would make a right mess :confused:

If you expect the lid to be down then you'd be checking that anyway? It doesn't make sense to me!

DaisyChain
26th May 2010, 07:54
Too bleary in middle of night I think Dom - thank God I don't have to check for snakes as well ;)

numpty
26th May 2010, 08:01
Toilet facts lol!

Bacteria Found in Toilet Bowls

Contributor
By Nicaela Crawford, eHow Contributing Writer
Article Rating: (0 Ratings)

Add to Favorites

Even the cleanest toilet can harbor bacteria.
Toilets house a large amount of germs, particularly toilets in public establishments. Interestingly, however, the floor of the bathroom actually contains more germs than the toilet bowl, as explained in a 2005 report by ABC News. Tests at the University of Arizona revealed that 62 percent of bathroom floors were contaminated with potentially dangerous bacteria, as compared to 19 percent of toilet bowls. Nonetheless, toilet bowls can contain some nasty bacteria, and proper hand washing is the best way to prevent infection.
Shigellosis
Shigellosis is a gram-negative bacteria that is found in toilet bowls. The bacteria can cause a wide range of symptoms, including severe diarrhea and dysentery. The bacteria cause inflammation of the intestines and are usually passed in fecal matter. According to Merck online, one of the common ways that shigellosis bacteria are spread is when food workers fail to wash their hands after using the toilet.
Staphylococcus
Staphylococcus bacteria can be hard to kill, particularly the methicillin-resistant strain known as MRSA. According to the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency, MRSA is spread by person-to-person contact and is often harbored in toilet bowls. If MRSA is suspected in a home or community, the toilet bowl and seat should be disinfected once daily with a strong cleaning solution.
Salmonella
Salmonella are often found in toilet bowls. These harmful bacteria can cause severe vomiting and diarrhea in affected persons. A 2000 study by scientists at the UK's Aston University School of Health and Life Sciences examined the household conditions of six families who had recently suffered from a salmonella outbreak. In four out of six homes, salmonella bacteria were found in the toilet bowl, specifically under the water line.
Serratia marcescens
Fortunately, not all bacteria in the toilet bowl cause illness. Serratia marcescens, a very common bacteria in toilet bowls and the environment in general, can cause a pink or gray lining inside the toilet bowl that may cause alarm. Although the bacteria can be harmful to a small ratio of people and cause illness such as urinary tract infections and pneumonia, they are generally harmless and removable with the aid of chlorine bleach.

numpty
26th May 2010, 08:02
runs off to bleach the loos again!

numpty
26th May 2010, 16:30
how to kill a thread, just bleach it, or are you all busy doing your own loos!!!!!

connorsmummy
26th May 2010, 16:47
how to kill a thread, just bleach it, or are you all busy doing your own loos!!!!!

Dom started it....think he's on his way home with a jumbo box of nappy sacks :behindsofa:

Dominic
26th May 2010, 16:53
:Ontheloo:I am home, and have got the runs

connorsmummy
26th May 2010, 16:54
:Ontheloo:I am home, and have got the runs

Did you forget to clean the loo?

Dominic
26th May 2010, 16:55
No I think it is overuse of bleach/putting the lid down. A few germs are good for you :p

connorsmummy
26th May 2010, 16:56
No I think it is overuse of bleach/putting the lid down. A few germs are good for you :p

I agree that a few germs are good for you- but not the ones that come from your rear end!

Dominic
26th May 2010, 16:57
Oh I dunno, you need to build up antibodies. Some people have them in their gob anyway as all they do is talk sh........... :D

connorsmummy
26th May 2010, 16:59
Oh I dunno, you need to build up antibodies. Some people have them in their gob anyway as all they do is talk sh........... :D

Don't talk about yourself like that- shame on you Dominic! :whip::whip::whip:

Dominic
26th May 2010, 17:03
Humph. Charming. :pout:

connorsmummy
26th May 2010, 17:04
Humph. Charming. :pout:

You started it :D

Was that pouting smilie made especially for you? :p

SuzyWoo
26th May 2010, 17:20
:focus: ;)

The way however careful you are, and however many of your family you tell someone will always 'stick' themselves to the surface you have glossed - and it is always the bit that hasn't dried, long after the rest of it has.

numpty
26th May 2010, 18:00
:focus: ;)

The way however careful you are, and however many of your family you tell someone will always 'stick' themselves to the surface you have glossed - and it is always the bit that hasn't dried, long after the rest of it has.

yeah I always have to touch it! :behindsofa:

Lou2000
26th May 2010, 18:02
When you park in an empty carpark and when you come back the carpark is still empty but you have a car parked either side of yours and you struggle to get the doors open enough to get yourself and the kids in!

connorsmummy
26th May 2010, 18:06
Bad customer service makes me grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

On a good note my bank manager seems to love me (no clue why!) and couldn't be nicer!

connorsmummy
26th May 2010, 20:32
Dom would this be any good to you??? http://www.firebox.com/product/2351/****-Box

Second Born
26th May 2010, 20:40
Dom would this be any good to you??? http://www.firebox.com/product/2351/****-Box

pmsl! You won't need any bleach for that one.

Floosy
26th May 2010, 20:43

I spat over my screen laughing at that lmao

Dominic
26th May 2010, 20:44
Fantastic, will be ordering ;-)

numpty
26th May 2010, 20:51
pmsl! You won't need any bleach for that one.

I see you like bleach !:love::love:

connorsmummy
26th May 2010, 20:52
I see you like bleach !:love::love:

We're gonna have to start taking names soon lol

numpty
26th May 2010, 20:52
http://media.firebox.com/pic/p2351ex2.gif

Genius! Simply pop one inside, lay your cable, remove the whole shebang, tie up the bag and shove it in your best mate’s sleeping bag… sorry, we mean dispose of it responsibly

connorsmummy
26th May 2010, 20:53
http://media.firebox.com/pic/p2351ex2.gif

Becks........all over me fpmsl x

connorsmummy
27th May 2010, 13:00
People that say one thing and then change their tune

numpty
27th May 2010, 14:55
oh people who think, cos they have a big car they can bully me in my ickle car :(

Gizmos
27th May 2010, 14:59
spitting - particularly people who do it from cars

tiger
27th May 2010, 16:47
spitting - particularly people who do it from cars

Yes, disgusting. Also people who cough or sneeze without trying to trap the germs, or else sneeze into their hand and then carry on with what they were doing without washing their hands.

Dominic
27th May 2010, 17:16
People that say one thing and then change their tune

I was going to say the same but decided to say something else.

connorsmummy
27th May 2010, 17:19
I was going to say the same but decided to say something else.

What did you decide to say instead lol

Freebird
27th May 2010, 17:21
Ebayers who describe something as mint and send you some tatty piece of sh*te..:(..that not even bleach can fix.....:D

Floosy
27th May 2010, 17:21
I agree with you Giz - spitting is disgusting!

connorsmummy
27th May 2010, 17:23
Ebayers who describe something as mint and send you some tatty piece of sh*te..:(..that not even bleach can fix.....:D

Did someone mention bleach?

happyally
27th May 2010, 18:00
parents trying to cross a road with a pushchair who have the pushchair either teetering on the edge of the kerb or actually in the kerbside whilst they are nice and safe on the pavement.

mhoc
27th May 2010, 18:51
parents trying to cross a road with a pushchair who have the pushchair either teetering on the edge of the kerb or actually in the kerbside whilst they are nice and safe on the pavement.

And at the same time they have the mobile glued to their ear so they are totally unaware of the traffic thundering towards the pushchair

And they usually have a very small toddler running along behind as well

uklego
27th May 2010, 19:02
When Giz says that we can't have any more bleach jokes :hurt:

numpty
27th May 2010, 19:28
When Giz says that we can't have any more bleach jokes :hurt:

Narr Giz loves bleach, woman after my own heart may have to make her a life member! :love::love:

Gizmos
27th May 2010, 19:59
I hate bleach actually - rarely use it - a bit of muck never hurt anyone

Dominic
27th May 2010, 20:03
Yaaaaay love ya Giz :love:

Polo
27th May 2010, 20:09

Hurumph :p

Gizmos
27th May 2010, 20:09
tis OK Polo you can have him

got myself a lovely man :)

Dominic
27th May 2010, 20:10
:gbxtank: What ya saying? I'm not lovely???

Gizmos
27th May 2010, 20:15
:gbxtank: What ya saying? I'm not lovely???

shhh man

Polo
27th May 2010, 20:17
:rofl:

Happen to think I've got quite a lovely man myself giz ;)
Most of the time lol

Dominic
27th May 2010, 20:26
Hurrrumph! Ok :focus:

Another thing that really annoys me, people like politicians and customer relations people who talk from a script and come over as completely insincere. Wish they would empathise a bit instead of repeating a well-rehearsed statement over and over.

numpty
27th May 2010, 20:49

Creep.... think you need some bleach!:p

ukmonkey
28th May 2010, 14:52
shhh man

Dom, I think she's saying you're not a man....

:behindsofa:

connorsmummy
28th May 2010, 14:56
Dom, I think she's saying you're not a man....

:behindsofa:

Well I did wonder :behindsofa::behindsofa:

Khufu
28th May 2010, 15:13
People putting the cushions on the sofa the wrong way up - they don't fit and look terrible - why even take htem off in the first place?

suziq
28th May 2010, 17:14
shops that sell sandwiches with cheese in them that dont put cheese in the title!

i spent 2.99 and far too many points on a wrap from sainsburys, bbq beef. i dont like cheese, if i did i'd buy a cheese butty!

one bite, check the small print, bbq beef and monteray jack cheese! YUCK

j9mcl
29th May 2010, 10:13
shops that sell sandwiches with cheese in them that dont put cheese in the title!

i spent 2.99 and far too many points on a wrap from sainsburys, bbq beef. i dont like cheese, if i did i'd buy a cheese butty!

And mayo - I hate mayo and nearly all shop sandwiches have either mayo or cheese in them - YUK!!!

connorsmummy
29th May 2010, 10:26
Think that you'd got a bit of a bargain when you get double quantity of an order delivered, only to find you've been charged twice :(

Pandoraskids
30th May 2010, 04:50
Think that you'd got a bit of a bargain when you get double quantity of an order delivered, only to find you've been charged twice :(

Oh that's not so good cm, it'll have to go back then :(

penfold
30th May 2010, 08:31

Mmm, that sounds yummy! (sorry Suz :p)

I had one of my pet hates yesterday...someone pressing the button for the green man and then crossing whilst still waiting for it...so you end up having to stop for a red light with no one to use it ...Grr!

Either you are able to cross without the need of the green man or wait and use it if you press the button :mad:

Dominic
30th May 2010, 10:01
In fairness a lot of people automatically press it and then look around them.... It's only then they realise there is a gap in the traffic and go. Other times can stand there Watching and waiting and then a gap appears whilst standing waiting.

Floosy
30th May 2010, 10:12
One of my pet hates (relating to green man crossing) is the fact people are too lazy, to walk to the crossing whereby it would be safe to stand and wait; Yet they stand about 200 yards from it playing chicken with the traffic!! Usually I find its either the old bids or kids that tend to do this...

Pippivixen
30th May 2010, 14:27
I have had a good laugh reading all these and most also irritate me but my biggest bugbear has to be bad driving manners, people who refuse to pull over when the road is clear and I am coming off a slip road, people who think it is hilarious to blast their horn and rev the engine when I am out on my horse and the most recent one I have encountered, is coming off Mersea Island, for those who don't know the place, the water covers the "strood" (road / bridge) twice a day and there is a permanent sign at the end of the bridge saying " now try your brakes" this is obviously for when people have driven through shallow water, NOT when the tide is out.

Twice last week I almost hit the car infront when they did an emergency stop when they saw the sign and the road was bone dry. :confused:

And lastly, buying a packet of sandwiches from a garage and not being able to open them, the number of times I have bought a meal deal and planned on saving the crisps for the kids and ended up eating them myself cos I couldn't get into the sandwiches, :rolleyes:

penfold
30th May 2010, 15:38
Twice last week I almost hit the car infront when they did an emergency stop when they saw the sign and the road was bone dry. :confused:

lol.....why on earth do they think they were being told to test their brakes :rolleyes: Some people never cease to amaze me :tongue1:

mhoc
30th May 2010, 16:22
My kitten would like to add her annoyance about the fly that has been drivng her mental all day. She cant settle for a nice half an hour of snoozing on the window sill and bird watching without that dratted fly creeping up behind her and buzzing and not staying still long enough to be swatted :D

charlie123
30th May 2010, 22:13
I have had a good laugh reading all these and most also irritate me but my biggest bugbear has to be bad driving manners, people who refuse to pull over when the road is clear and I am coming off a slip road, people who think it is hilarious to blast their horn and rev the engine when I am out on my horse and the most recent one I have encountered, is coming off Mersea Island, for those who don't know the place, the water covers the "strood" (road / bridge) twice a day and there is a permanent sign at the end of the bridge saying " now try your brakes" this is obviously for when people have driven through shallow water, NOT when the tide is out.

And lastly, buying a packet of sandwiches from a garage and not being able to open them, the number of times I have bought a meal deal and planned on saving the crisps for the kids and ended up eating them myself cos I couldn't get into the sandwiches, :rolleyes:

I'm not the only one then:rolleyes:, I tend to get the car drivers who think that if i am overtaking a parked car that they can some how overtake me at the same time, i suppose a great big horse doesn't need that much room.

If they get too close when overtaking i have been known to crack my whip on the roof of their car that soon slows them down and shuts them up:doglaugh:

Freebird
30th May 2010, 22:23
.......Twice last week I almost hit the car infront when they did an emergency stop when they saw the sign and the road was bone dry. :confused:.....

People who drive way too close to my bumper....... :p

madline
30th May 2010, 22:51
people who overtake you when there is traffic coming the other way whilst you are indicating to pull out because there are parked cars on my side of the road. they then cause mayhem because the oncoming traffic can't get through. had one car driver do this the other day who then had to reverse about 200yrds and pull back in BEHIND me as a bus and cars were coming the other way. do they really think i just sit there with my indicater on because i have nothing else to do?

madline
30th May 2010, 23:19
people who think you can't see them picking their nose...even when you are sat right next to them. yuuuuuck!!!!!

Dominic
31st May 2010, 01:32
people who think you can't see them picking their nose...even when you are sat right next to them. yuuuuuck!!!!!

Sorry didn't realise you were watching

Pippivixen
31st May 2010, 08:33
People who drive way too close to my bumper....... :p

lol !! I wasn't too close but 40 mph to nothing in the blink of an eye lid and it wasn't too long before I was !!!! :D

madline
31st May 2010, 20:53

but even worse dom...picking it then eating it double yuuuuuuuck.

shoppaholic45
31st May 2010, 22:44
the ones who stand in the middle of the supermarket having a conversation really wind me up. they block the aisle with their trolleys then give you daggers when you try to get past :mad:

I had something similar to this the other day. I went to asda with my dh and we went to the fresh pizza section to get some dough balls and there was four women stood right against the cabinets with the dough balls and pizzas in with their trolleys also blocking the cabinets having a conversation. Neither me or my dh could get to them and they could see us trying to look at what we wanted. I ended up saying excuse me im trying to get something from there, one of them did move but they looked at us like we were incoviencting (sp) them. I thought that it was rude.

shoppaholic45
31st May 2010, 22:49

That really annoys me too. Today i was in a shop with my dh and i was walking down an aisle, and this security guy was walking in the direction i was coming from and he could have easily passed me. Instead he decides that he is going to walk straight towards me, making me move out of the way, what made it worse for me was that i have a big bump so am clearly pregnant and if he had walked in to me, would have hurt my bump.

happyally
3rd June 2010, 13:21
special delivery mail which you wait in for and doesn't turn up :(

jamsandwhich
3rd June 2010, 15:20
Ebay sellers who don't send for ages or at all:( Especially when you ask them to send as soon as possible for a particular reason which has now passed - why did I pick the bad one!!!

Gizmos
3rd June 2010, 15:51
Ebay sellers who don't send for ages or at all:( Especially when you ask them to send as soon as possible for a particular reason which has now passed - why did I pick the bad one!!!

ebay buyers who you go the extra mile for and then complain that the article isnt 100% - I didnt tell her it worked - said that it was untested and had some scratches!

jamsandwhich
3rd June 2010, 16:01
ebay buyers who you go the extra mile for and then complain that the article isnt 100% - I didnt tell her it worked - said that it was untested and had some scratches!

Makes you wonder why you bother doesn't it!!

I had someone tell me that some girls shoes I sold where in better condition than I had said in the listing - I think she was being complemenatry but her email was quite curt lol!

I have just opened a dispute for non receipt of my item:(

mhoc
6th June 2010, 09:00
Got OH to agree to putting the gazebo up yesterday so we could sit outside which he did after a lot of moaning and then I insisted that is stay up overnight.

Then in the night its rained buckets.

Very annoyed with OH for giving into

Floosy
6th June 2010, 09:21
When small child denys using the normal tv control and you can't figure out why you can't operate sky, the day after its been installed - only to discover the little witch changed the tv input and you spent 30 minutes switching it on and off and fiddling n swearing for something so simple!

mummum123
6th June 2010, 09:47
my freezer that broke yesterday and everything started to defrost so i left the food in there thinking well its cool still so like a fridge, i will have a cook out in the morning, when I have got up this morning though it has started working agin and re frozen the blooming lot, now its all wasted booooo.

Ths has really annoyed me lol

happyally
6th June 2010, 10:37
Head lice, mosquitos, slugs and greenfly annoy me!

holliemon
6th June 2010, 10:43
MOHC - Did you get any of that cheap thompson waterproofer when the deal was on - that is good for coating gazebos