PDA

View Full Version : Thank you....

connorsmummy
2nd June 2010, 08:35
I wanted to say this now, as I may not have internet access for a few days after I move...

Thank you to all my friends on here- for the pm's, comments on my thread, texts, phone calls, visits and messages on facebook- I feel so much better knowing I have a fantastic bunch of people behind me!

Hopefully things will get back on an even keel after the weekend and Connor & I will settle back in fairly quickly- like a lot of you have said to me its not like we're moving somewhere new, we're going back to an old friend :).

Thanks again- especially to my special friends who have listened to my waffle on the phone for hours on end lately :love::love::love:

Floosy
2nd June 2010, 08:56
Your welcome and you'd win a medal in waffle lol:behindsofa::D

connorsmummy
2nd June 2010, 09:00

FLMAO good job we're on the same network :p

WHITEGUINEAPIG
2nd June 2010, 09:02
it will be like a new beginning but not iyswim
wishing you all the luck

Freebird
2nd June 2010, 09:07

Can't she just - good thing I get free calls! :D

connorsmummy
2nd June 2010, 09:07

See now my affection for you lot is waning- can't think why :D :D

Floosy
2nd June 2010, 09:13

The beauty of being friends with CM is that you don't talk for yonks and when you do catch up its as if you have never spent any time off the phone. A few days running I had calls at 70 minutes each! I would have keeled over If I had been charged. Mind you a small price to pay to help keep someone's sanity! Praise be to the god of o2 lol x

tigger73
2nd June 2010, 09:20
Think that Floosy & Freebird sound like the perfect friends to have, always there when someone is down and wants to talk away their troubles. Well done girls.

connorsmummy
2nd June 2010, 09:22
The beauty of being friends with CM is that you don't talk for yonks and when you do catch up its as if you have never spent any time off the phone. A few days running I had calls at 70 minutes each! I would have keeled over If I had been charged. Mind you a small price to pay to help keep someone's sanity! Praise be to the god of o2 lol x

LMFAO - I've phoned you too!!!

Gizmos
2nd June 2010, 09:26
aww bless - its good to see that its not all about money saving on here and people genuinely do care for each othe and help out

connorsmummy
2nd June 2010, 09:28
aww bless - its good to see that its not all about money saving on here and people genuinely do care for each othe and help out

I have met some fantastic mates on here Giz- they help keep me sane!!

Mosaic
2nd June 2010, 09:30
Yeah - it gives you a warm fuzzy glow - makes you proud to be part of the human race!

suzie3441
2nd June 2010, 09:32
I have met some fantastic mates on here Giz- they help keep me sane!!

Yep it is a great forum and such a wealth of wise words and an abundance of hugs in times of need. :love::love:

Floosy
2nd June 2010, 09:34
Its not just us I know there is at least one other member, who has played a big part in keeping her sane and helping her out - Will leave it up to Claire to big up the lady in question..

I do find though in general that this forum is a great source of help in times of need.

britchic4
2nd June 2010, 09:36
It's great that it's working out for you Claire. Just think, today is the first day of the rest of your life!

connorsmummy
2nd June 2010, 09:39
Its not just us I know there is at least one other member, who has played a big part in keeping her sane and helping her out - Will leave it up to Claire to big up the lady in question..

I do find though in general that this forum is a great source of help in times of need.

I didn't want to name names and embarras people lol. But yes, there are particular members- Floosy, Suzie3441 (and her OH), Freebird, Darkangel and NettieB who have helped keep me sane the past few weeks- you guys are the best :love::love::love:

Floosy
2nd June 2010, 09:43
Im glad you mentioned Suzie because I think that lady and her hubby are amazing and I just had a thought.. Your not going in the van with him are you? Poor bloke I will buy him ear plugs LMAO

connorsmummy
2nd June 2010, 09:44
Im glad you mentioned Suzie because I think that lady and her hubby are amazing and I just had a thought.. Your not going in the van with him are you? Poor bloke I will buy him ear plugs LMAO

Feck off you :p. I'll be busy trying to stop Connor from escaping the car seat pmsl

suzie3441
2nd June 2010, 09:47

He is sooo good at just not listening so don't worry......never listens to me!!!!! lol

Just think peace and quiet for me for a day and if he gets lost even longer!!!!

Seriously though he is great. :love::love::love::love: (just don't tell him I said so ;) )

suzie3441
2nd June 2010, 09:47
Feck off you :p. I'll be busy trying to stop Connor from escaping the car seat pmsl

Will provide super duper can't escape car seat!!!!! lol

Gizmos
2nd June 2010, 09:49
PTSers of the month then ....

connorsmummy
2nd June 2010, 09:50
He is sooo good at just not listening so don't worry......never listens to me!!!!! lol

Just think peace and quiet for me for a day and if he gets lost even longer!!!!

Seriously though he is great. :love::love::love::love: (just don't tell him I said so ;) )

Awwww that's lovely Suzie!

I think most men have the not listening down to a fine art pmsl

Will provide super duper can't escape car seat!!!!! lol

He used to be able to escape from the Maxicosi one I had- don't ask me how!! This is the child that can get out of a sleepsuit by just undoing the top popper lol

connorsmummy
2nd June 2010, 09:51
PTSers of the month then ....

Can we have an award lol

suzie3441
2nd June 2010, 09:51
So once your settled house warming at yours then??? !!!!! lol

connorsmummy
2nd June 2010, 09:52
So once your settled house warming at yours then??? !!!!! lol

Deffo :D

You could always pop in for coffee on your way to Bon Jovi lol- or make me jealous on the way back!

tiger
2nd June 2010, 10:02
What a fantastic bunch you all are.

Good luck with the move CM.

kenziekoo
2nd June 2010, 14:00
yeah all the best.... sometimes these things happen for a reason, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!! lol

avstar
2nd June 2010, 23:18
So pleased that things are looking up or you chickadee, you've been through so much and still managed to keep positive for Connor, you're a fab mum.

Make sure you get on t'interweb ASAP and kep us all updated on how your settling back in....have you got bleach for the loo? :)

Gizmos
3rd June 2010, 00:25
do you need a dongle for the internet ??

connorsmummy
3rd June 2010, 07:21
So pleased that things are looking up or you chickadee, you've been through so much and still managed to keep positive for Connor, you're a fab mum.

Make sure you get on t'interweb ASAP and kep us all updated on how your settling back in....have you got bleach for the loo? :)

I think Freebird will have plenty of bleach when she comes ;)

do you need a dongle for the internet ??

Thanks Giz but Floosy is gonna lend me one till I get reconnected to my broadband :)

uklego
3rd June 2010, 10:13

Well said Giz - we underestimate the comfort PTS gives us - especially true for me when my Dad died :love:

uklego
3rd June 2010, 10:19

:doglaugh:

uklego
3rd June 2010, 10:21
Good luck CM - hope the moving goes really smoothly and wishing you much health and happiness in your 'old' home :grouphug:

nettie_b
3rd June 2010, 17:35
It's lovely to read the support you are getting off here CM and good to see things going your way - let's hope it continues xx

I like your old address it always reminds me of Prison Cell Block H!!

MissMolly
3rd June 2010, 21:43
Good luck for tomorrow CM :)

princesskerry
3rd June 2010, 22:01
What a nice thread, I'm so glad you have made some great friends on here CM and I hope you settle in really quick and we see you back on here posting really soon.