PDA

View Full Version : Help Locating Rotary Dryer Pole in Ground

Gizmos
4th June 2010, 18:03
ok stop laughing - there is a spike for my rotary dryer somewhere in the lawn -- how the hell can I locate it - have tried walking bare feet - have looked for areas that are a little bare of grass and cant find it - the lawn is short at the moment and still cant find it - bene tyring for two weeks off and on and am now about to scream

any hints n tips - i had thought of a magnet but dont have a big one!

Poppyfields
4th June 2010, 18:08
you need a metal detector! lol .... you are not alone ... I ended up crawling round the area I knew it was in with a skewer poking round till I found it ....good luck

Mosaic
4th June 2010, 18:12
ok stop laughing - there is a spike for my rotary dryer somewhere in the lawn -- how the hell can I locate it - have tried walking bare feet - have looked for areas that are a little bare of grass and cant find it - the lawn is short at the moment and still cant find it - bene tyring for two weeks off and on and am now about to scream

Oh Giz ! This has made me laugh!! Shame you don't have a big one!!
I know exactly what you mean - my OH took 10 mins to find the hole for me ;) - he always takes it own before cutting the grass! Lol :rolleyes:

How about watering the lawn & listening for water trickling down the pipe?

Gizmos
you need a metal detector! lol .... you are not alone ... I ended up crawling round the area I knew it was in with a skewer poking round till I found it ....good luck

yeah i feel such a plonker doing it - tis when i need to recruit some young bairns hahaaha - i dont really know the exact area - got a spot of about 4m squared it could be in

holliemon
Sorry cant help you but also cant stop laughing.

Gizmos
4th June 2010, 18:13
Oh Giz ! This has made me laugh!! Shame you don't have a big one!!
I know exactly what you mean - my OH took 10 mins to find the hole for me ;) - he always takes it own before cutting the grass! Lol :rolleyes:

How about watering the lawn & listening for water trickling down the pipe?

hmm thats if it hasnt got debris in the top i guess - has been over 6 months since used ...

Gizmos
4th June 2010, 18:14
Sorry cant help you but also cant stop laughing.

am glad its brough great mirth - if you see how i am dressed at the moment and the vision of me in the garden poking about you'd laugh even more

BritBrat
4th June 2010, 18:23
Some of us males could come around and find your hole for you. :)

Gizmos
4th June 2010, 18:33
Hmm why did i think that it wld bring some quirky comments

I do have a temporary solution - am using the base of the parasol to insert it into :) - clever huh

BritBrat
4th June 2010, 19:05
Do you have one of those electrical cable detectors?

Maybe that could locate it.

Gizmos
4th June 2010, 19:42
Do you have one of those electrical cable detectors?

Maybe that could locate it.

hmm good idea need batteries for it ...

holliemon
4th June 2010, 19:55
Some of us males could come around and find your hole for you. :)

Well I have learnt something new to-day _ I thought you were female... sorry

tiger
4th June 2010, 20:11

I thought that too until recently.

Dominic
4th June 2010, 20:15
I thought the same.....

Was going to offer to poke something big around to see if I could get it in your hole too... but got beaten to it. Looks like sloppy seconds then.... well it is raining here.

black cat
4th June 2010, 20:22
Hmm why did i think that it wld bring some quirky comments

I do have a temporary solution - am using the base of the parasol to insert it into :) - clever huh

That is what I do all the time after I got a old broken drier stuck in the hole :eek: so had to cut it off at ground level to get rid of it. It works well, just watch if you have got alot of heavy stuff on it and it is windy as it can blow over easily (we have a metal one that is quite heavy and it still happens)

BritBrat
4th June 2010, 20:34
Shhhhhhhhhh it's a secret.

hmm good idea need batteries for it ...

They do not vibrate just beep.

pookienoodle
4th June 2010, 20:41
whats wrong with everyone?
between this and Floosys untidy garden thread there is a lot of double entendre going on tonight......must be the weather.

Dominic
4th June 2010, 20:45
Just needs a gardener with a long pole to poke around and locate Giz's hole and then a big chopper to go and trim Floosy's bush I guess.

BritBrat
4th June 2010, 20:47
We are only having a liitle bit of fun, we do that every now and then.

No harm meant.

Mind you Giz has some lovely legs.

Dominic
4th June 2010, 20:50
I did confess to Giz earlier that having seen her pic last year I can't remember her face but I do remember her chest....

Well it because she is 7ft tall and I am only 6ft I guess :confused:

samwsmith1
5th June 2010, 02:08
We ended up buying a new one when this happened to us lol!
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8504319.htm

uklego
5th June 2010, 06:58

Dom, where are you :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

uklego
5th June 2010, 07:00

Me too :eek:

holliemon
5th June 2010, 08:33
Well if Britbrat is male we need to see his torso too dont we !!!!:behindsofa:

Its a new PTS rule :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Gizmos
5th June 2010, 09:52
still not found it the metal base worked well and it can be moved around and as its on decing if grass is wet wont get wet feet - harly ever use the parasol anyway ... dont put a lot on as I live alone and usually spread it out evenly - although last night seemed more of the bf clothes on it than mine ... there again he hasnt brough any clothes with hin this weekend - lol maybe i shldnt have washed them ;)

Mosaic
5th June 2010, 11:44
still not found it the metal base worked well and it can be moved around and as its on decing if grass is wet wont get wet feet - harly ever use the parasol anyway ... dont put a lot on as I live alone and usually spread it out evenly - although last night seemed more of the bf clothes on it than mine ... there again he hasnt brough any clothes with hin this weekend - lol maybe i shldnt have washed them ;)

What are you suggesting Giz? That he walks round naked? ;)
Have a great weekend :)

Gizmos
5th June 2010, 14:29
What are you suggesting Giz? That he walks round naked? ;)
Have a great weekend :)

Now that wld he a good idea although he is in shorts

markat
5th June 2010, 18:33
Well if Britbrat is male we need to see his torso too dont we !!!!:behindsofa:

Its a new PTS rule :clap2::clap2::clap2:

That was the rule when I signed up !

holliemon
5th June 2010, 18:36
I know and we have seen Navara too - soon we shall have enough for a calendar

DIVA1977
5th June 2010, 19:12
Offer some neighbours kids a ?1 and pop n crisps/ice cream to first one that finds it

Made in Devon
5th June 2010, 19:24
Offer some neighbours kids a ?1 and pop n crisps/ice cream to first one that finds it

That's the comper in you!!!!

DIVA1977
5th June 2010, 19:58
That's the comper in you!!!!

LOL.

Nah just know kids little kids like to please adults for teh right reward.
I would of helped a neighbour for nothing when i was a kid, but woulda been extra careful/ good doing it if i knew i was gettig a reward;)

suesmith
6th June 2010, 21:15
like sam said we just gave up and bought another one!

cant beat rooting around a trimmed lawn or bush

goodevans
6th June 2010, 22:42
I usually end up stabbing my lawn to death with a garden fork in my attempts to find the flippin' thing which is usually bunged up with moss after the winter !

At least the lawn gets aerated as I keep my ears open for the clunk!

This thread has made me laugh and realise that I am not alone in my annual hunt! :D:D:D

Gizmos
6th June 2010, 22:50
was going to cut grass real short and then try for it - but its been raining - so for the moment i dont need it - LOL plus the parasol base is working well at least i can move it so it doesnt shade me when i am sunbathing ...

arniep
7th June 2010, 00:24
Put another spike in the ground and as soon as you have the other one will appear. Its the law of the sod :)

uklego
7th June 2010, 06:18
Put another spike in the ground and as soon as you have the other one will appear. Its the law of the sod :)

Are you calling Giz a Sod? :eek: :eyebrows:

Also if you put a shortened bamboo cane in the hole, you would never lose it :behindsofa:

arniep
7th June 2010, 06:47
Are you calling Giz a Sod? :eek: :eyebrows:

Also if you put a shortened bamboo cane in the hole, you would never lose it :behindsofa:

Are you trying to stir things with your short bamboo cane lego? :nono:

I wonder if anyone has invented an easy locatable rotary dryer hole cover???
If not I have a great idea..........:eyebrows:

uklego
7th June 2010, 06:53
Are you trying to stir things with your short bamboo cane lego? :nono:

I wonder if anyone has invented an easy locatable rotary dryer hole cover???
If not I have a great idea..........:eyebrows:

Who me ;)

holliemon
7th June 2010, 07:59
I hadnt realised this could be a problem locating the hole. Up until a couple of weeks ago mine was in a patio so it stayed up all year with the cover on. We do have nice days in winter to hang out (I think)

My drier is now in the grass so I could be having this problem next year - best thing I think will be not to take it out over winter

Dominic
7th June 2010, 09:43
I don't usually have a problem locating the hole but agree with Hollie not to take it out then it will be in the hole all the time, which is the best place to be.

navara
7th June 2010, 12:10
I don't usually have a problem locating the hole but agree with Hollie not to take it out then it will be in the hole all the time, which is the best place to be.

I agree with Dom;)

markat
7th June 2010, 12:12
I'm keeping out of this one !!

holliemon
7th June 2010, 12:54
ummmmm I can see where this thread is going...

markat
7th June 2010, 12:55

Going ?

I think it's already there !

Gizmos
7th June 2010, 12:56
am shocked and stunned - was a legitimate question - ah well still cant find it - neighbour asked me if I had lost anything - didnt tell him what

navara
7th June 2010, 13:09

But have you missed me:D

holliemon
7th June 2010, 13:10
of course my dear - where have you been this time. Somewhere hot? x

navara
7th June 2010, 13:23
of course my dear - where have you been this time. Somewhere hot? x
Scotland.. It's always hot where I am:)

Dominic
7th June 2010, 13:28
Scotland.. It's always hot where I am:)

I should check the thermostat :p

DaisyChain
7th June 2010, 13:29
Holes, poles, Nav and Dom - think I'd better stay away from this thread ;)

Dominic
7th June 2010, 13:31
I think your problem is the hole has closed up through underuse? So even if you do get a big pole to push in it you might struggle to get it in? Hope you find your hole soon, I'm sure your bf can help you with that? :angel:

Gizmos
7th June 2010, 13:34
I think your problem is the hole has closed up through underuse? So even if you do get a big pole to push in it you might struggle to get it in? Hope you find your hole soon, I'm sure your bf can help you with that? :angel:

we gave up wasnt pleasant for the neighbours to watch with all the huffin and puffin going on - apparently it would be so much easier if there wasnt so much turf in the way ... was going to trim it down further but ...

holliemon
7th June 2010, 13:38
I am crying with laughter here

Dominic
7th June 2010, 13:42
I am surprised really, because usually you get used to where the hole is so even if there is a lot of growth around it usually you can slide the pole in without even looking. I guess it does look more attractive if you keep it well trimmed but I don't think you should need to see the hole?

Gizmos
7th June 2010, 13:43
you may not need to see it but if its in a large area then you cant keep stabbing in the dark - heaven forbid you may indeed get the wrong hole

navara
7th June 2010, 13:43
I am surprised really, because usually you get used to where the hole is so even if there is a lot of growth around it usually you can slide the pole in without even looking. I guess it does look more attractive if you keep it well trimmed but I don't think you should need to see the hole?

Don't forget though Dom he's a new BF;)

Gizmos
7th June 2010, 13:44
Don't forget though Dom he's a new BF;)

not that new - we went out together about 14 yr ago ...

Dominic
7th June 2010, 13:46
But did you have the same hole 14 years ago or was it a different one in a different place that you used?

navara
7th June 2010, 13:47
:thumb:
not that new - we went out together about 14 yr ago ...

Gizmos
7th June 2010, 13:49
although he is not used to this grass -- guess he needs time to explore it and get used to it

seriously though no other answers??

Dominic
7th June 2010, 13:51
Just bare smooth and barren? Had you got rid of the grass or had it not started growing?

markat
7th June 2010, 13:58
You could try using a compass. If it was steel, should deflect the needle when it's near. (Hark at me being practical and smut free !)

kirsty's mam
7th June 2010, 16:30
PMSL - please stop guys or baby might make an early appearance if I laugh anymore.
Best laugh I have had in ages!

Good luck on the great hole hunt by the way Giz! :)

uklego
7th June 2010, 16:33
You could try using a compass. If it was steel, should deflect the needle when it's near. (Hark at me being practical and smut free !)

Shame on you Markat, with a body like yours how dare you be smut free :eyebrows:

uklego
7th June 2010, 16:36
If you have a PTS BBQ we could invite all the male PTSers round whilst us girlies watch to see who can find your hole first and who can get it up for longer than 5 minutes in strong winds :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

markat
7th June 2010, 16:36
Shame on you Markat, with a body like yours how dare you be smut free :eyebrows:

Trust me I can be smutty when required :D

Dominic
7th June 2010, 16:38
If you have a PTS BBQ we could invite all the male PTSers round and us girlies can watch to see who can find your hole first and who can get it up for longer than 5 minutes in strong winds :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

Not sure Markat would be interested in finding Giz's hole tho?

uklego
7th June 2010, 16:40
Not sure Markat would be interested in finding Giz's hole tho?

But us ladeez find Markat so helpful in so many ways ;)

markat
7th June 2010, 16:42
If you have a PTS BBQ we could invite all the male PTSers round whilst us girlies watch to see who can find your hole first and who can get it up for longer than 5 minutes in strong winds :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

Dom's right, if we do have a barbeque put me down for a game of "hide the sausage".

:o

Dominic
7th June 2010, 16:45
I'm getting thoughts of it being like the showers in a prison lmao. This thread is so funny. Just re-read it though and I am sure some people could think we were talking about other things.... me I have always been focussed on finding Giz's washing line hole :confused:

uklego
7th June 2010, 16:50
I'm getting thoughts of it being like the showers in a prison lmao. This thread is so funny. Just re-read it though and I am sure some people could think we were talking about other things.... me I have always been focussed on finding Giz's washing line hole :confused:

and I was being considerate obout the erection of her rotary :p

Dominic
7th June 2010, 16:53
Well we only need one bloke there to poke around and find the hole as I am sure Giz would help with the subsequent erection of the pole?