PDA

View Full Version : Vuvuzelas - so annoying they need their own thread!

SuzyWoo
12th June 2010, 15:30
It's horrible to listen to on the TV, so goodness knows how annoying they are to the players! :eek:

nixx
12th June 2010, 15:38
Agree completely. They're ruining the football for me :(

sandhabibi
12th June 2010, 15:42
Snap, I posted on my facebook yesterday saying hope it is just the africans but it seems not. I think it sounds like a swarm of flies!!!

DaisyChain
12th June 2010, 15:44
I'm hiding away from the TV and saving my tolerance for England tonight

Addy
12th June 2010, 15:49
Had to google vuvuzelas.....at first glance thought you were talking about a certain part of a lady's anatomy :eek: But that's just my unbalanced mind at work.

Think I'll be watching the match with the sound muted tonight :(

lovesabargain
12th June 2010, 16:46
i thought this thread was about venezalia & wondered why!! but yeah it does sound hideous...like bee's buzzing around

mhoc
12th June 2010, 16:50
i thought this thread was about venezalia & wondered why!! but yeah it does sound hideous...like bee's buzzing around

And I thought it was varuccas mispelt :confused: :D

Agree, yet another reason to hate the football

princesskerry
12th June 2010, 17:09
Yes we think exactly the same, I'm really hoping it wont be too bad this evening I find it so annoying it really puts me off watching. Being there must be deafening as well as mega annoying.
We had the free sun one last weekend and at the time it seemed funny hearing the boys try to do it, but now hearing a whole crowd blowing them I have banished ours. :eek:
Not much annoys me but these top the list by far at present.

geegely
12th June 2010, 18:05
So so so annoying! It's like listening inside a beehive. Will have to watch on mute soon.

connorsmummy
12th June 2010, 20:13
I also thought you were talking about lady-bits!

Think I should take myself and my dirty mind away for a while :behindsofa:

jamsandwhich
12th June 2010, 20:33
Can't believe I was just about to post about this on the 'little things that annoy you' thread and this caught my eye without me even knowing what they were called:D

It really spoils the game for me - starts by being slightly off-putting then then I start to get quite annoyed by it and usually towards the end of the game I have a wander about because the noise really starts to penetrate my head!

They should ban them - I also hate watching normal matches and at a crucial point - someone starts a drum beat or a band up - what the hell is that about, I pay to watch something play football not hear a div bang a drum or play a trumpet badly:rolleyes:

penfold
12th June 2010, 21:29
I also thought you were talking about lady-bits!

Think I should take myself and my dirty mind away for a while :behindsofa:

lol...same here! Was just thinking to myself that I've never heard them called that before :behindsofa:

connorsmummy
12th June 2010, 21:40
lol...same here! Was just thinking to myself that I've never heard them called that before :behindsofa:

Imagine trying to say that when your really really drunk pmsl.

Aaaanyway....was anyone else really disappointed with that game?

Floosy
12th June 2010, 22:57
And I thought it was varuccas mispelt :confused: :D

Agree, yet another reason to hate the football

LMAO me and you both!

microjan
12th June 2010, 23:06
i was in a pub last night, there was a telly behind me and had to ask what on earth that awful sound was, sounded like a plague of locusts !!!!

found it really annoying

avstar
13th June 2010, 00:02
Fo some reason I thought it was a volcano :o:rolleyes::o

At least I've got a virginal mind unlike some PTS'ers.....who am I kidding!

And yep the bloomin horn things are sooooo annoying!

SuzyWoo
13th June 2010, 06:10
I only knew what they were called when I saw an artical about them lol! They should be banned IMO.

Becles
13th June 2010, 08:49
I hate them.

For the first time ever, I was actually looking forward to the England supporters playing The Great Escape on the kazoo simply to drown out the vuvuzelas :D

far canel
13th June 2010, 12:44
As long as they drown out the offensive swearing and racist chants than fine by me.

arniep
13th June 2010, 13:02
I much prefer singing and the great escape music, youcan't hear people cheering on the team with these things

RT7
13th June 2010, 13:55
Apparently if one is thrown onto the pitch fifa will ban them from all future matches.

SuzyWoo
13th June 2010, 13:59
Apparently if one is thrown onto the pitch fifa will ban them from all future matches.

Here's hoping!

Effie
13th June 2010, 14:56
I wish:D

Mamzie
13th June 2010, 17:11
I'm not even watching the ruddy footie, but can hear them from dh's tv in the corner, argh...........

suziq
13th June 2010, 19:43
hubby was watching the match and i didnt look at what he was watching, was convinced it was the motorbike racing from the droning noise!

pugpete1108
13th June 2010, 19:47
you kind of get into the game and then cant hear them - then all of a sudden they are back again!

I also thought you were on about lady parts

sandhabibi
13th June 2010, 20:51
you kind of get into the game and then cant hear them - then all of a sudden they are back again!

I found this with our game last night I was kind of like oh they have stopped then oh no I'd just kind of blocked them lol....

connorsmummy
13th June 2010, 21:03
My neighbor over the back and his drunk mates are in his garden blowing on them like crazy- wonder how long before I go over there and tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine......

SuzyWoo
14th June 2010, 09:57
How to drown them out on your TV! http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/33659/get-rid-official-vuvuzela-tv

Jules_2005
14th June 2010, 10:05
My kids got some free in a news of the world pack (thanks mum :nono:) DD blew into it right next to OH's ear ... he is suffering at the moment with earache and a constant humming noise, needless to say they have now been removed from the house.

avstar
14th June 2010, 10:38
My kids got some free in a news of the world pack (thanks mum :nono:) DD blew into it right next to OH's ear ... he is suffering at the moment with earache and a constant humming noise, needless to say they have now been removed from the house.

Yikes, bet that didn't do his tittiness anygood....... (my mum's attempt at Tinitus)

connorsmummy
14th June 2010, 10:40
Yikes, bet that didn't do his tittiness anygood....... (my mum's attempt at Tinitus)

PMSL!!!

Luctongirl
15th June 2010, 22:10
aawww , Spoilsport, Jules.
anyway they were from The Sun.
the magnetic flags and fluffy dice came from the News of the World.

(now I'm being pedantic)

samwsmith1
15th June 2010, 23:58
BBC get's 545 complaints!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10317767.stm

Becles
16th June 2010, 08:25
I keep hearing the sound of horns, repeating over and over in my head.

Think I'm having Deja Vuvuzela.

VeryTrying
17th June 2010, 12:39
This is wonderful, especially for anybody who's following the Downfall parodies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Ln_rqPpPk