PDA

View Full Version : Need a quick opinion...

connorsmummy
20th June 2010, 10:07
Its my nieces birthday today and I spent ages making a lovely card for her, only for Connor to rip it to pieces yesterday :(

I tried and tried last night but I couldn't come up with one that I felt was good enough, so I threw one together this morning- do you think its ok?

I personally don't like it but don't have time to make another one- its this or I buy one on my way over there!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/crafty_claire/HDUK/DSCN0636.jpg

DIVA1977
20th June 2010, 10:08
i think its very cute, and tbh your niece wont care what it looks like. She just love the fact you made it just for her

Dominic
20th June 2010, 10:10
It's a bit girlie, would prefer trains on it myself but if you insist well it's a nice girlie card! :p Sounds like you need to increase your Connor-free space?

princesskerry
20th June 2010, 10:11
I think it's really nice, you have a talent. :)

kenziekoo
20th June 2010, 10:11
omg your connor sounds like my phoebe!!!!! Its a lush card Claire, you obviously have very high standards for your card making!! she will be thrilled with it xx

connorsmummy
20th June 2010, 10:15
Thanks guys,

I don't know why I'm so worried- she's 2!!!! But yes I do have high standards for my cardmaking- I have been known to chuck cards in the bin or take bits off and reuse them on other cards cos I wasn't happy with the result lol.

Dom I thought I was gonna cry- the card was sitting on my desk in a handmade box (was a 3d card that took several hours to make), Connor followed me upstairs when I went to take some clean washing- before I could stop him he had grabbed it and ripped all the bits off the front, couldn't even recycle/rescue it. Gutted :(

Dominic
20th June 2010, 10:20
Agh I guess it's that age where you are always a step behind him as far as knowing what he will destroy next :(.

connorsmummy
20th June 2010, 10:23
Agh I guess it's that age where you are always a step behind him as far as knowing what he will destroy next :(.

Dom you have no idea- my house is wrecked because of him lol

Oooh I just thought of an excellent card to make you for your birthday- got the stuff upstairs :D

suzie3441
20th June 2010, 10:25
They think they are helping bless them!!!! Emily is not much better.....managed to keep her away from the paint when we were decorating!!!
She loves "helping" with the cleaning :rolleyes:
CM the card is lovely.....your a very talented lady! X

andylaine
20th June 2010, 10:33
Im a cardmaker too and wish I could do something that looks that good so quickly, you are really talented :)

I think your card is gorgeous and your niece will love it. Ive just shown it to my 4 year old grandaughter and she said the teddy was so beautiful cos its pink and looks like a princess lol

can I be nosey and ask if your lace punch is a Martha Stewart one?

mummytotwo
20th June 2010, 10:44
You have the thumbs up from my 4 year old daughter and my six year old son.

Wow if that is one of you quick cards then you most certainly have a talent. Have you thought about selling cards as they look great.

connorsmummy
20th June 2010, 10:49
Im a cardmaker too and wish I could do something that looks that good so quickly, you are really talented :)

I think your card is gorgeous and your niece will love it. Ive just shown it to my 4 year old grandaughter and she said the teddy was so beautiful cos its pink and looks like a princess lol

can I be nosey and ask if your lace punch is a Martha Stewart one?

Yep it is :). MS punches and Nesties are my 'thing' lol

You have the thumbs up from my 4 year old daughter and my six year old son.

Wow if that is one of you quick cards then you most certainly have a talent. Have you thought about selling cards as they look great.

I used to sell them when I lived in London, haven't really got as far as thinking about selling here lol.

Thanks for the nice comments all- gotta run, have a toddler to abandon on a farm (am hoping that some random pig or goat will take a shine to him and adopt him :p)

andylaine
20th June 2010, 17:16
[QUOTE=connorsmummy;1183606]Yep it is :). MS punches and Nesties are my 'thing' lol

ooh the MS punches are fab arent they, Ive just got the daisy fan one :love:

I havent come across Nesties before so had a quick google and now I want some but as Ive just ordered the Cinch I darent spend anymore lol

Hope your niece love her card:)

connorsmummy
21st June 2010, 23:28
[QUOTE=connorsmummy;1183606]Yep it is :). MS punches and Nesties are my 'thing' lol

ooh the MS punches are fab arent they, Ive just got the daisy fan one :love:

I havent come across Nesties before so had a quick google and now I want some but as Ive just ordered the Cinch I darent spend anymore lol

Hope your niece love her card:)

Nesties are fantastic- I have 'ahem' a few sets!

Niece looked at the card, screamed bear and then chucked the card behind the telly pmsl- all that worrying for nothing!