PDA

View Full Version : after a bit of advice with retiling shower room!

anfield05
7th July 2010, 15:33
Hi, i purchased some porcelin tiles from topps tiles a couple of months ago with my clubcard deals and am now wanting to have my shower room done. My problem is that i also need the false ceiling 'redoing' as well as the retiling, so would it be best to have that done before i get someone to do the tiliing, money is a little tight and i'm not sure how much it's all going to cost(i know i only have to phone to get some free quotes but not sure who to phone first?). the shower room is about 12m2 if thats any help? i'll be thankful of any input, thanks x

dingaling
7th July 2010, 15:46
Hi, i purchased some porcelin tiles from topps tiles a couple of months ago with my clubcard deals and am now wanting to have my shower room done. My problem is that i also need the false ceiling 'redoing' as well as the retiling, so would it be best to have that done before i get someone to do the tiliing, money is a little tight and i'm not sure how much it's all going to cost(i know i only have to phone to get some free quotes but not sure who to phone first?). the shower room is about 12m2 if thats any help? i'll be thankful of any input, thanks x

I would think that you need to get the ceiling sorted first, you wouldn't want the tiles to get damaged (unlikely but you never know). With any room, you start from the top and work down, I think :D!!

We have a teeny tiny shower room, its great! It's a cupboard really lol that we 'converted'!

avstar
7th July 2010, 15:49
Not sure about a false ceiling but when we had our bathroom gutted and redone it was in the following order.

Old tiles removed (makes a helluva mess!), old suite removed.
Bathroom inc ceiling completely replastered as walls were knackered from removing old tiles.
New suite fitted.
New tiles done.

T'other half did it all himself (with me as labourer :p) apart from the plastering, we got someone in to do that, as we needed completely flat walls for the big tiles to sit on properly.

Felt like a lot of work at the time but it looks fab :D

Good luck!

anfield05
7th July 2010, 15:54
thanks for the quick replies, top to bottom it is then!

Mrs Lady C
7th July 2010, 21:05
Not sure about a false ceiling but when we had our bathroom gutted and redone it was in the following order.

Old tiles removed (makes a helluva mess!), old suite removed.
Bathroom inc ceiling completely replastered as walls were knackered from removing old tiles.
New suite fitted.
New tiles done.

T'other half did it all himself (with me as labourer :p) apart from the plastering, we got someone in to do that, as we needed completely flat walls for the big tiles to sit on properly.

Felt like a lot of work at the time but it looks fab :D

Good luck!

You don't need to remove old tiles, only loose tiles. :)

avstar
7th July 2010, 22:24
You don't need to remove old tiles, only loose tiles. :)

You never saw the state of our old tiles LOL! :eek:

Mrs Lady C
8th July 2010, 13:49
You never saw the state of our old tiles LOL! :eek:

Lmao :D:D:D