PDA

View Full Version : Aggghhhhhh Absolutely Fuming with Virgin Media

bellab
26th July 2010, 12:08
As title suggests I am so so so mad at Virgin Media and just have to vent.

We recently moved home and decided to see which service provider worked out cheaper for internet, phone and TV (Previously with Sky TV & BT Internet/Phone). Rang around etc etc............

Virgin offered us 2 months completely free (Phone, Internet, TV & Sky Sports) worth ?68.50 a month + ?30 credit towards our 3rd months bill. Asked the lady to repeat so we could be absolutely sure what the deal was as it sounded to good to be true - she repeated everything and it sounded fab, a great offer and so we decided to go for it. Installation was ok, picture not as good quality with Sky (even HD channels) but we got a good deal so can live with it.

HOWEVER just got our 1st bill through at ?33. Rang up to query and got told that the lady on the phone LIED to us. No free phoneline, no free Sky sports and no ?30 credit. That leaves us over ?95 out of pocket that we were not expecting. I explained what she offered us and that she repeated it to be absolutely clear but they said sorry but they won't do anything. I cannot believe that they can do this. Lie point blank just to get sales and then not follow through with their promise.

I have googled it and it has happened to thousands of other people as well. How can they get away with this? AGGHHHHHH...............

bellab
26th July 2010, 12:09
And thank you for listening!! Feel a bit better for getting it off my chest..............

Gizmos
26th July 2010, 12:13
your package details should have been sent in writing and you get a cooling off period - check the details you got send in the post

angel,dust
26th July 2010, 12:17
If thats the case its been mis-sold get on to a manager and moan like mad about it (usually the only way I got anywhere with virgin) and check your paperwork.

Homer J Simpson
26th July 2010, 12:26
They've made a verbal contract with you. Either they have it recorded and need to stick with it, or they don't and therefore I wouldn't have thought they could make you continue with them ?

I'd get onto a Manager ASAP and keep going up the ranks until it gets resolved. Don't be fobbed off by 'he/she is on another line/unavailable' just say, no problem I'll wait for them thanks.

beckieboop
26th July 2010, 12:33
u should get a free phoneline just for having a tv package, i was with virgin for years and i never had a problem with them.
sounds like u need to talk to a manager as suggested as thats seriously not right.
ive seen it on their website about getting 2 months free etc...
we have just gone over to sky as the same package was cheaper with them and i wanted a v+ box but wasnt gonna pay for it so went for a free sky+ box.
i cancelled 2 weeks ago and virgin rang yesterday to offer me a better deal....no loyalty rewards with them thats for sure!
hope you get this sorted and quickly, check your paperwork
bex xx

samwsmith1
27th July 2010, 02:23
Never had any problems with them in the 15 or so years we've been with them, but as others have said try getting through to a manager - 150 from your virgin phone is there main enquiry no :).
It's showing as 2 months free here with basic options, but adds money on for sky sports etc:
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/bundles/triple-builder.html

sandhabibi
27th July 2010, 10:45
Ohh now you have me wandering..I sorted my dads out in Feb when he moved and I was surprised to see his bill last week at ?49, They had given a really good offer at the time and am dam sure his bill shouldn't already be this high... I will be ringing them to cancel services as this usually gets the bill lowered.

Gizmos
27th July 2010, 10:48
Ohh now you have me wandering..I sorted my dads out in Feb when he moved and I was surprised to see his bill last week at ?49, They had given a really good offer at the time and am dam sure his bill shouldn't already be this high... I will be ringing them to cancel services as this usually gets the bill lowered.

thats probably the six months taster then it goes back ...

sandhabibi
27th July 2010, 17:25
It was meant to be a simple move address but they had to come out and do some cable work which took til about MArch /April so reckon 3 months he had at a discount. They are very sneaky. His bill was well under 49.00 before..

bargainhunter
27th July 2010, 23:54
Ask if they record their phone calls (for customer service training) and then ask them to check the recorded call as evidence that they offered and you agreed a contract on that basis.

A friend had a similar situation with a car insurance company and asked for their recording to be checked. They did and accepted they had mis-represented the contract, so she got it on the basis it was sold.