PDA

View Full Version : Sainsbury Half Price Toy sale

lisa84
22nd October 2010, 10:50
Rumour has it this starts on thursday 28/10.:)

Made in Devon
22nd October 2010, 11:06
I was about to post that too, after reading it on the Grabbit board on MSE. For me to get to Sainsburys next Thursday will take quite a lot of planning, ie: hubby will have to take his bike to work and let me have the car and I will have to try to get a couple hours off work. All this is possible, if is worth it. Does anyone know when, and indeed if, this sale will be confirmed by Sainsburys?

lisa84
22nd October 2010, 11:15
I was about to post that too, after reading it on the Grabbit board on MSE. For me to get to Sainsburys next Thursday will take quite a lot of planning, ie: hubby will have to take his bike to work and let me have the car and I will have to try to get a couple hours off work. All this is possible, if is worth it. Does anyone know when, and indeed if, this sale will be confirmed by Sainsburys?

I think it is as last year it was in the half term as I had to drag the kids with me!!!! The year before it was later so I got a chance to go on my own.

Spottiswoode
22nd October 2010, 11:16
Thanks, will leave early and pop in on way to work :)

mummum123
22nd October 2010, 12:09
is it just instore or online too?

jamsandwhich
22nd October 2010, 12:23
is it just instore or online too?

There was a bit of indecision over this last year on MSE and a Sainsbury employee said defo not online but it was and went live about 5am I think.

I was lucky as was at work and just kept refreshing the page until things came into stock - had to do three seperate orders (and had a call from Braclaycard as they were concerned to the sudden increase in use of my card:D) but got what I wanted in the end.

I really want the sylvanian families tree house so will check out online first and if not will go into store before work.

mummum123
22nd October 2010, 12:26
thanks jam, my sister is after sylvanian families bits too, they seem very popular year on year

jamsandwhich
22nd October 2010, 13:38
thanks jam, my sister is after sylvanian families bits too, they seem very popular year on year

I would check online as soon as possible if you can - I am going to as when things came back in last year, sometimes they had gone out of stock before I had even gone through to the payment stage - I spent all day just refreshing every few minutes and got lucky now and again!

Mamzie
22nd October 2010, 13:48
noooooooooooooooooo, not Thursday.... I am at hospital for multi Dr meeting Thursday mroning, sob, sob....

ella2002
22nd October 2010, 22:26
Mamzie I can order for you if you like pm

Mamzie
22nd October 2010, 22:36
what a lovely offer, that is sooo kind, thank you huni ((((((((((()))))))))

I should hopefully be ok for the website as I'm not sleeping much atm :( its just that for the last 3 years i have got to go instore as well on the day it starts, and have always managed to get even more bits then.

I guess I just shouldn't be greedy. At least this year ds wants lego rather than figures, as thats easier to order online, whereas figures are often not specified an dyou really need to pick them yourself.

sandhabibi
22nd October 2010, 22:55
ohhh mamz I think I'll be in hosp if go as far as being induced.....
My local store don't do collect service either...grrr....

Mamzie
22nd October 2010, 23:08
oh no, I will keep my fingers crossed you'll have baby over weekend....

I had 3 deliveries to home last year, didn't bother with collect... This year we have a massive new Sainsbury opened closer than the one I normally go to for the sale, argh...

lisa
23rd October 2010, 11:44
what a lovely offer, that is sooo kind, thank you huni ((((((((((()))))))))

I should hopefully be ok for the website as I'm not sleeping much atm :( its just that for the last 3 years i have got to go instore as well on the day it starts, and have always managed to get even more bits then.

I guess I just shouldn't be greedy. At least this year ds wants lego rather than figures, as thats easier to order online, whereas figures are often not specified an dyou really need to pick them yourself.

Just to give you another option, if it's just bricks that you're after, Toysrus have a great set that I bought in store, I added a 99p pack of crazy bones and used a ?5 off ?30 spend. ?29.99 down from ?44.99, I paid ?25.99, Lots of lego in this set over 1000 pieces.
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Construction/Lego-Creative-Value-Pack-66284(0071991)
Edit - link not working type 015342 into search
HTH

Spottiswoode
27th October 2010, 14:06
Just bumping to remind peeps for tomorrow :)

kirsty's mam
28th October 2010, 01:05
Not sure if they're updating the site or everyone is logging on to see if sale started at midnight but the site has crashed....

woollys_super_saver
28th October 2010, 01:07
i am on there, been waiting up for it, but nothing has changed yet :-( hope its soon as Im so tired.

kirsty's mam
28th October 2010, 01:08
the things we do for a bargain! :)

woollys_super_saver
28th October 2010, 01:10
lol i know we must be mad, its only a few bits i wanted got my ds's main pressie and quite a few bits. but with it being half term and hubby working away this week its hard to get to store. hope you get what your after

pugpete1108
28th October 2010, 01:14
Its stating on the toys home page only on selected items :(

kirsty's mam
28th October 2010, 01:16
is it just me or has the toy page changed - now says selected toys half price but when you click the banner there's only half a dozen toys with 1/3rd off.

oooh, At bottom of screen is 6 toys all half price peppa pig playtime playset, sos police playset, belling kitchen, land rover remote control car, postman pat ted's garage

YooHoo
28th October 2010, 01:17
Only a few things have gone down to half price and nothing in my basket. Not sure I've the energy to go to a store tomorrow, don't have one a big one local to me:(

kirsty's mam
28th October 2010, 01:27
sylvanian baby primrose windmill is the only Sylv Fam half price if anyone wants it.
Nothing thats any good for me so I'm off to bed. Good luck getting what you are after folks.

Mamzie
28th October 2010, 03:51
check out Amazon... they actually have a fair few Slyvanian 1/2 pr plus other things.. Looks like they were waiting to match Sainsburys.

leeann79
28th October 2010, 07:42
managed to get the vtech video cam on Amazon for ?29 so make sure you check, like mamzie said looks like they are trying to keep in line

leeann79
28th October 2010, 09:08
more items on now

Spottiswoode
28th October 2010, 10:11
Quite a few sylvanian things in store, popped in on way to work but didn't buy anything.

curls
28th October 2010, 10:22
check out Amazon... they actually have a fair few Slyvanian 1/2 pr plus other things.. Looks like they were waiting to match Sainsburys.

Also take a look at Debenhams (I've started a thread on bag a bargain). Possible to save 35% on a pretty good selection of Sylvanian Families.

lrb76
28th October 2010, 10:46
hi - did you notice if these were half price spottiswoode? many thanks

Quite a few sylvanian things in store, popped in on way to work but didn't buy anything.

Spottiswoode
28th October 2010, 10:58
hi - did you notice if these were half price spottiswoode? many thanks

Yes the items i saw were half price :)
I definately say the baby primrose windmill and there were other smaller items, HTH.

jamsandwhich
28th October 2010, 11:26
I woke up early this morning and although it wasn't my intention last night, i popped into my nearest larger store this morning - not a lot of choice but everything instore is half price and is not selected items as on the website. I got a couple of peppa pig things, a sylvanian families family and a talking buzz lightyear. I was after the large windmill and a garage but they didn;t have them in.

lisa84
28th October 2010, 12:30
I spent just shy of ?115 in my store, buying too much but never mind lol. Also used ?23 in spend and saves so glad that the cashier was happy to split my shops to get maxium value!:)

Mine was full of toys and they were dotted around the store too, lots of Sylvaian Familys a lady had the car thing in front of me.

Zhu zhu pets,

Doctor Who

Lego city and star wars

Club Penguin

Baby Annabell

Vtech and Moon dough stuff although the barn was sold out.

Loads of Toy story with talking woody and buzz down from ?50 to ?25.

Also scalectrix and Monopoly plus plenty of hello kitty.

Well worth the journey!

poundgirl
28th October 2010, 14:59
I bought the baby primrose in store today for ?24.99 and I see it is ?19.99 online!! was going to return and get it sent to store but none close to me are click and collect!!

DEE01
28th October 2010, 19:46
Hi

Yes I noticed that aswell. I tried to ring them to query this but the section was closed.

I suppose its more or less the same price with delivery and i paid with Nectar points aswell but its the principle. Will let you know if I call tomorrow.

pugpete1108
28th October 2010, 19:49
I didnt manage to get anything I wanted :( Never mind - back to the drawing board :)

Mamzie
28th October 2010, 20:49
sorry guys, Amazon must have been mad... looks like someone pulled their 1/2 price sale around 8am this morning, maybe when they realised that Sainsbury was limiting their online sale...

Have just found this thread on MSE about it, as the original bargain posts are lost in the huge MSE sainsburys thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2822118

I got Lego family home ?22
plus a fair bit of SF, but was online ordering around 2 am this morning.

Mamzie
2nd November 2010, 20:07
Just in case you haven't noticed but sometime today Sainsbury have added more so have just over 200 toys online in the sale now, unfortunately lots of them are only at a 1/3 off instead of 1/2 price but may save some money if you were going to buy them anyhow.

happyally
9th November 2010, 12:59
Has anyone noticed how nicely stocked up their local sainsbury's toy shelves are now that the promo is over... :rolleyes:

kerryo
12th October 2011, 12:30
Just updating this thread as the sale should be on in a few weeks , anyone heard anything:)

VeryTrying
12th October 2011, 13:56
Just updating this thread as the sale should be on in a few weeks , anyone heard anything:)

Heard nothing, but living in hope!

kerryo
26th October 2011, 10:47
been reading on mse that this starts tomorrow, anyone heard anything, love this sale:)

Mamzie
27th October 2011, 11:40
looks like they may be some online... anyone going instore?

britchic4
27th October 2011, 13:42
I just got back. Good stuff gone I think in my store. No lego, although did get a Halo set. No moshi monster stuff left for me but managed a few little bits for birthdays which was all i wanted, have already done xmas.

Mamzie
27th October 2011, 15:01
argh... I will have to haunt my Sainsburys then if then if they may have moshi monsters stuff instore in the sale...

britchic4
27th October 2011, 15:28
argh... I will have to haunt my Sainsburys then if then if they may have moshi monsters stuff instore in the sale...

my sister's store had MM little bag charm things - but they were still ?2.50 which seems overpriced even at that, and they had soft toys. my store had SEL for collector tins, and for starter sets which were ?9.99 but included 3 months memberships according to my sis. My store did have club Penguin soft toys but there were quite a few still left so obviously not so popular this year!

tikal73
27th October 2011, 18:35
Just been to my local store. There was loads of stuff still, staff looked stressed and it was a battle to even see the shelves for other shoppers, trolleys and kids! Got Elephun, Hello kitty cool cardz, Dr Who trading cards, Zhu Zhu hamsters, Operation, Scrabble, Scooby doo thing, and more. Staff were saying expecting another delivery later and were constantly restocking so might be worth popping down to your local.

Dominic
27th October 2011, 19:58
It seemed that ALL toys were in the half price sale?

Jude1234
27th October 2011, 22:02
Why do they always do this at half term when mums struggle to go without kids? I managed to go a couple of years ago when ds was small and didn't notice what was in trolley but now there is no way I could get away with it.

heatherks
27th October 2011, 23:24
It seemed that ALL toys were in the half price sale?

they were all half price in my local store .. but ours only had two shelves full and a small display by the front entrance ...will have look at bigger store at weekend ( if theres anything left ) but looks as if it was only selected items online