PDA

View Full Version : Paper Jamz Guitars / Drums

pumpkin
3rd November 2010, 04:42
Anyone know much about them?

I bought ds a guitar, drums and amp in the Argos 342 a few weeks ago, not that he's mentioned them, only because they are on the hot list for boys this Christmas :o

Anyway, just getting round to having a look at them as I wanted to buy a matching guitar strap, and I knew they were all different styles and colours so I opened the cardboard boxes they came in so that I could coordinate. I've found that both the guitar and the drums are the same colour/style and play the same 3 songs. Now, I'm wondering, is that a good thing (eg if he wants to play with a friend and pretend they are in a band) or should I return one of them and get a different style, with 3 different songs, providing a bit more variety?

Anyone any thoughts?

TIA :)

SuzyWoo
3rd November 2010, 06:45
DD (6) wants the drums but I'm going to by a set of electronic ones that you can actually use drumsticks with, only because I know she'll hit them with something lol. I thought they looked really good though.

rogue999
3rd November 2010, 14:07
Hi Pumpkin, i've got 2 guitars for my boys (7 and 5) for xmas and got 2 different ones. I did get 2 different ones, but see what you mean about having the same and pretending to be in a band! they would have to start the songs at the exact same second though for them to sound right and i'm sure my boys would get it wrong!

Personally i would say go for 2 different ones - but thats just me.

R x

SuzyWoo
3rd November 2010, 14:10
Half price in Argos now.

rogue999
3rd November 2010, 14:17
oh no! (well good for everyone else!) i got mine when they were only reduced by 5. grrr.

SuzyWoo
3rd November 2010, 14:18
I have changed my mind and got DD these, 12.49 I can cope with if and when she gets bored (or breaks) them.

pumpkin
3rd November 2010, 16:53
Hi Pumpkin, i've got 2 guitars for my boys (7 and 5) for xmas and got 2 different ones. I did get 2 different ones, but see what you mean about having the same and pretending to be in a band! they would have to start the songs at the exact same second though for them to sound right and i'm sure my boys would get it wrong!

Personally i would say go for 2 different ones - but thats just me.

R x

thanks, will exchange one of them then

Half price in Argos now.

aargh :rolleyes:

SuzyWoo
3rd November 2010, 18:21
It's not too much of a loss if you got it 3 for 2 pumpkin. That sort of thing normally happens to me. :hug:

janice mac
3rd November 2010, 21:26
has anyone actually got these or used them?? Have got one reserved in my local but not sure if i am buying another one of those good buys that gets put away on boxing day.

DD would love a real drum kit but she will have to wait on that one ;0)