PDA

View Full Version : BA miles query

stuzhunter
16th November 2010, 14:58
Hi, I wonder whether anybody can shed some light on this based on their experience:

Do you know whether there is loophole to redeem BA flights for friends or family?

It appears that you can only redeem miles for members who are only part of the household account?

I know that you can definitely redeem miles for anybody with Air France, as I have done it before.

Gizmos
16th November 2010, 15:07
Add - book - delete - of course change addresses

Raffles
16th November 2010, 18:35
You CAN normally book for anyone. However, this is disabled if you have formed a household account, presumably for theft reasons.

Giz has pointed you in the right direction - you need to add the new person to your HA. Or, of course, break up your own household account and then put it back together. I think there is some restriction on how often you can make changes to your HA, though.

stuzhunter
18th November 2010, 14:34
Thanks..I would like to redeem a ticket for a relative who lives abroad..so the person will fly from abroad to London & back..Presumaby this would not arise any suspicion or does BA care?

Raffles
18th November 2010, 15:22
Thanks..I would like to redeem a ticket for a relative who lives abroad..so the person will fly from abroad to London & back..Presumaby this would not arise any suspicion or does BA care?

Couldn't care less

NatsDad
19th November 2010, 04:14
Correct Raffles. You can only make changes every 6 months.

You CAN normally book for anyone. However, this is disabled if you have formed a household account, presumably for theft reasons.

Giz has pointed you in the right direction - you need to add the new person to your HA. Or, of course, break up your own household account and then put it back together. I think there is some restriction on how often you can make changes to your HA, though.