PDA

View Full Version : Airmiles - Llyods offer - can I cancel then re sign up?

sarah1982
23rd November 2010, 14:37
Hello,

I've had the card for around 6months and earned 800 odd miles on my card, it was the mile per pound you spend in the 1st 3months.

Is there anything stopping me cancelling this and then signing up in a few months to a new offer?

Is there a "new customer" only clause - or certain time you have to wait.

I wish id have signed up to the 2 free flights with £10 spend (and hotel stay)

Interested to see if anyone has done this

Thanks

Raffles
23rd November 2010, 14:43
You should be OK, but I would give it longer before reapplying - say 6 months. There should be something in the T&C's about what consitutes a 'new customer'. You could also get your partner to apply instead.

navara
23rd November 2010, 14:46
No idea if you can cancel and re-sign up.
Your card promotion was the better of the two as your miles have no fixed redemption date unlike the 1500 mile voucher.
You could always upgrade to the one below which gives a companion ticket if you spend £15000 per year.

Upgrade to an Airmiles Duo Premier Credit Card Account

For only £50 annual fee, you'll:
Get up to 1.25 Airmiles for every* £10 you spend on your
Lloyds TSB Airmiles Duo Premier American Express® Card
Collect up to 1.25 Airmiles for every* £50 you spend on your
Lloyds TSB Airmiles Duo Premier MasterCard® Card
Get a worldwide companion ticket when you spend £15,000 a year

sarah1982
24th November 2010, 09:23
You should be OK, but I would give it longer before reapplying - say 6 months. There should be something in the T&C's about what consitutes a 'new customer'. You could also get your partner to apply instead.

Thank you - ill check it out, ive got a few hundred on i want to transfer to MBNA at 0% and £35 quidco - so going to cancel and reapply later - now to find the t&c's

No idea if you can cancel and re-sign up.
Your card promotion was the better of the two as your miles have no fixed redemption date unlike the 1500 mile voucher.
You could always upgrade to the one below which gives a companion ticket if you spend £15000 per year.

Yes - i guess at least I'm not tied with hotels etc, and the miles are banked.

dont encourage me with the 15k a year - id easily spend it it'd be the repaying that would be the problem :eek:

Im off to check the t&c's - hopefully its not more than 6months ish. Kinda kicking myself for not getting the full 1500 that i could have, but never mind