PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Xmas Turkey

mbd5959
12th December 2010, 12:25
Hi all please be gentle this is my first post.:o

This will be my first xmas as a single mum so things are tight I still want to do the kids a xmas dinner but the cost of Turkey has rocketed. Does anyone know of any Turkey deals at the moment I would like to buy it today (won 10 on lotto) lol

Thanks

numpty
12th December 2010, 12:41
Welcome to PTS :)

Do you have any markets near you that have meat stalls? I have seen turkeys for 5-7 for 4-5 kg
Or if you prefer a shop
I found these

in tescos
was 20.00 now 10.00
(2.50 / Kg)
Bernard Matthews Golden Norfolk Small Basted Whole Turkey (Approx 4Kg)

Aldi
Has 3 bird roast or crowns, for 10

tiger
12th December 2010, 12:43
Welcome to PTS.

Tesco are showing a 2.8 - 4.0 kg Turkey for 10. When I bought mine I found that Morrisons were charging the same as Tesco but the top weights were higher, so it's worth checking there first if you have time.
Last year I found that Farmfoods was the cheapest for turkey, but I haven't shopped there this year so I don't know their prices.

Aldi have a turkey crown for 9.99

numpty
12th December 2010, 12:52
http://img.thisismoney.co.uk/i/pix/2010/11/xmas_469x228.jpg

WHITEGUINEAPIG
12th December 2010, 13:10
we have skipped turkey completely in past years

when the children were little instead of turkey they used to get to pick their favourite things (they LOVED doing this) i can remember one year they wanted waffles and smoked mattesons sausage (of course that is what we had)

Betty Boo
12th December 2010, 13:56
I'm sure the Lidl frozen turkey was priced at 8.99 yesterday and carrots are 29p this weekend.

DIVA1977
12th December 2010, 15:02
iF YOU GOT THE NERVE WAIT UNTIL xmas eve at 2pm ish and get a lovely fresh one reduced. Lots of people do it just have a joint of pork /beef w/e you fancy at home as a back up that you can sling in the freezer when you get ya bargain turkey or cook if you dont get one.

I go to in laws so dont have to lay out 30 or more for a nice fresh one or w/e silly prices they are. But if i did i would deffo do as im suggesting as its only one day, a very special day but not worth stressing over. And w/e joint you buy as back up you know you got there for new years dinner if you get ya bargain turkey

rainbowhope
12th December 2010, 15:23
..I dont even like turkey..we have a large chicken...

connorsmummy
12th December 2010, 15:32
I have bought a 3 bird roast from Aldi. Its in the freezer section and I have it on good authority that its lovely.

jonquil
12th December 2010, 16:25
I got a frozen turkey crown in Morrisons for 8 :)

Dominic
12th December 2010, 16:42
Christmas is not just one day, it is twelve days, and if you aren't still eating turkey for three or four days afterwards you really are letting the side down :D. Frozen cheaper than fresh obviously, and now is the time when they all start the price cuts for them. Agreed you can get mega bargains Christmas eve but who wants to be in a supermarket last thing Christmas eve?

connorsmummy
12th December 2010, 16:46
Christmas is not just one day, it is twelve days, and if you aren't still eating turkey for three or four days afterwards you really are letting the side down :D. Frozen cheaper than fresh obviously, and now is the time when they all start the price cuts for them. Agreed you can get mega bargains Christmas eve but who wants to be in a supermarket last thing Christmas eve?

Even if I bought the smallest turkey Connor and I would still be eating it a week later- I really don't like turkey that much!!