yeah they were swimming up the stream

pugpete1108
13th December 2010, 22:44
Anyone seen them cheap?
thankx numps x

I thought only birds did that? :behindsofa:

numpty
13th December 2010, 22:44
oh no its getting very fishy around here!

Gizmos
13th December 2010, 22:46
well if you have to carp on about it

numpty
13th December 2010, 22:47
well I am an old trout! :P

http://rlv.zcache.com/old_trout_tshirt-p235118154172280749aahow_400.jpg

Gizmos
13th December 2010, 22:52
I'll be a kipper in a bit

CD627
13th December 2010, 22:54
We got one for about 9 3 months ago. Was half original price then half price again so basically 75% off original price! Had something stupid like 18 fillet steak (or whatever they are called).

The man said they have them on offer again near Christmas - can't remember if he said before or after Xmas tho.

We got it all cut up into small fillets, bones/head removed etc & then put them in freezer bags & put it in freezer. Lasted for ages & great value!

numpty
13th December 2010, 22:59
yeah i got some during summer about 9ish, I fillet it myself, as I I've seen how much they throw away!!

suesmith
13th December 2010, 23:46
i was wondering this too

frexy
13th December 2010, 23:52
yeah i got some during summer about 9ish, I fillet it myself, as I I've seen how much they throw away!!

I always ask for the head and bones, simmer them remove the cooked flesh and make fishcakes,fish pie or just use in sarnies.

walter2003
14th December 2010, 08:00
Going cheap at ASDA for 4.8 per kg.HTH

joedog
14th December 2010, 08:02
On offer for 4.80 at Asda from today also same price at Morrisons according to MSE

numpty
14th December 2010, 09:06
fab thankx all xx

If anyone know when the deal will end?

KarenBB
14th December 2010, 10:57
saw whole salmon half price in Tesco's at the weekend. I'm pretty sure that runs until 4th January but didn't notice the price

numpty
14th December 2010, 10:59
that be great, I want to buy one a few days before, for xmas eve!

VeryTrying
14th December 2010, 13:12
saw whole salmon half price in Tesco's at the weekend.

Remember that Tesco's half price is frequently higher than everybody else's normal price.

For example, Tesco frozen turkeys are being sold at HALF PRICE. So why are they still dearer than Asda :confused:

joaniemerc
14th December 2010, 17:05
In a similar vein - has anyone seen the large packs of sliced smoked salmon half price please?

DaisyChain
14th December 2010, 17:15
Saw the Tesco whole salmon today at 5 a kilo - was about 12 for a decent size one

Freestyle
14th December 2010, 17:24
I have just got a frozen full salmon from Sainsburys, prepared ready to put in the oven, it was half price 5 instead of 10 and even has the lemon on the top.

penfold
14th December 2010, 17:48
I have just got a frozen full salmon from Sainsburys, prepared ready to put in the oven, it was half price 5 instead of 10 and even has the lemon on the top.

Great price

Have to admit to really liking the fish counter at my local Asda. They are so helpful, suggest ways of cooking the fish on offer and always offer you to put it in the oven bags with butter. Very impressive CS. :clap2:

By contrast, I doubt the staff on the fish counter in Tesco would know a prawn from a cod, far less how to cook them!

numpty
14th December 2010, 18:20
In a similar vein - has anyone seen the large packs of sliced smoked salmon half price please?

coop doing posh 800g for 8 and 200g for 3 if that helps?

joaniemerc
15th December 2010, 18:01
Great, thanks.

A local Somerfield has just changed to a Co-Op so, I'll have a look.

frexy
15th December 2010, 20:56
Great price

Have to admit to really liking the fish counter at my local Asda. They are so helpful, suggest ways of cooking the fish on offer and always offer you to put it in the oven bags with butter. Very impressive CS. :clap2:

By contrast, I doubt the staff on the fish counter in Tesco would know a prawn from a cod, far less how to cook them!

Opposite experience for me,Asda fish bought has been awful and my Tesco fish counter very knowledgable.

pookienoodle
15th December 2010, 21:50
Great price

Opposite experience for me,Asda fish bought has been awful and my Tesco fish counter very knowledgable.

A fish counter is only as good as the fishmongers who work there.
Our local Morrisons has an excellent counter but the one in Waitrose is terrible.
It takes a good Fishmonger to know how much fish to order so it sells while still fresh.
Asda fishmongers always seem to have a huge range of fish but is rarely fresh.
l

angelic
19th December 2010, 20:39
Bought two whole salmons today for half of the half price in T's - sell by date was today so reduced right down :)

Paid just over 6 each - worth watching your local fish counter ;)

britchic4
21st December 2010, 16:09
Fresh whole salmon 5 per kilo in Sainsburys from today according to HUKD

dune
21st December 2010, 16:45
Great price

OH was looking for salmon sides in asda.. The woman behind the counters said they could fillet a whole one.. OH wasn't too keen as you lose a third of the weight in waste.. But she said she would try one.. The woman said come back in 10 mins and i'll get the young lad to fillet it.. OH went back and the woman said .."he's made a hash of it... filleted it then weighed it" OH said do you think he can make a hash of another one.. woman said i'm sure.. come back in 10 mins.. So 4 salmon sides for 4.50 a kg ;)

I like asda

penfold
21st December 2010, 18:02
OH was looking for salmon sides in asda.. The woman behind the counters said they could fillet a whole one.. OH wasn't too keen as you lose a third of the weight in waste.. But she said she would try one.. The woman said come back in 10 mins and i'll get the young lad to fillet it.. OH went back and the woman said .."he's made a hash of it... filleted it then weighed it" OH said do you think he can make a hash of another one.. woman said i'm sure.. come back in 10 mins.. So 4 salmon sides for 4.50 a kg ;)

I like asda

LOL...see, told you Asda were good ;)

Suppose it is as others have said, it just comes down to the staff. Perhaps I am just lucky in the staff on the fish counter in my local..or unlucky re the staff at Tesco.