PDA

View Full Version : christmas saver

thatssogoood
9th January 2011, 13:32
Can any one surgest any good one that you can put money in and get it back at christmas, i have the tesco one

markat
9th January 2011, 14:07
I think the post office do one that has been discussed on here before.

uklego
9th January 2011, 14:28
I think the post office do one that has been discussed on here before.

Here is the thread :D

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64301

I am definitely focussing on Morrisons this year due to the Christmas Promtion where we received a 30 voucher (25 to spend at Christmas 5 at New Year) wys 40 or more over 5 shops.

suesmith
9th January 2011, 14:41
i saved morrisons saver stamps this year and i also got my voucher - was brilliant to go and get loaded up for christmas and hand over any cash

uklego
9th January 2011, 14:45
i saved morrisons saver stamps this year and i also got my voucher - was brilliant to go and get loaded up for christmas and hand over any cash

Will you be doing it again this year and will you try to saver enough stamps to cover all the 5 weeks?

connorsmummy
9th January 2011, 15:01
Could someone explain the Morrisons offer to me please? There is one in the next town and if its worth it (i.e. saves me money and gets me money off too) I will happily go there!

WHITEGUINEAPIG
9th January 2011, 15:16
if you save the saver stamps can you use them to pay for the shopping over the 4 weeks?

heatherks
9th January 2011, 15:20
with the morrison offer you have to shop 4 times in a certain timescale & spend 40/ 50 keep receipts and at the end of it they handed out gift vouchers to use over christmas new yr

...our nearest is in the next town but cost 8 a time in a taxi home so not really worth it for me

connorsmummy
9th January 2011, 15:24
with the morrison offer you have to shop 4 times in a certain timescale & spend over 50 keep receipts and at the end of it they handed out gift vouchers to use over christmas new yr

...our nearest is in the next town but cost 8 a time in a taxi home so not really worth it for me

Thanks for explaining- I very rarely spend that much on shopping- never mind!

For Asda shoppers there is an asda saver card that you can put money on every time you shop.

vickn
9th January 2011, 16:04
i all ways do the tesco one as you can spend them in tesco on food and non food items and you can also use them for tesco direct, so to me they are the most versitile (sp) as i can buy practically anything i want there.
i dont always shop everyweekin there but usually a freiend is going who can get me a couple of stamps when im not.
hoping for at least 300 this year

suesmith
11th January 2011, 01:17
Will you be doing it again this year and will you try to saver enough stamps to cover all the 5 weeks?

i'm going to try and buy enough stamps to fill 2 cards (194 pounds in cash + 3 pounds free on each card)

if they do the spend x amount for so many weeks before christmas i will do that again. i live less than a mile from a medium sized morrisons so its the nearest supermarket for me and also small enough to whizz round really quickly - at christmas i went to the huge one in the centre of town

your stamps are only redeemable during a few weeks before christmas, and i don't think you can use them to pay for your shopping to get your free voucher but i may be wrong, you can't spend a few stamps off your card, its all you've saved on that card.

not sure if i've explained that very well?

carismacab
11th January 2011, 10:24
Interested in this Tesco crimbo stamps collecting. Can I do just a couple of quid a week.

G x

WHITEGUINEAPIG
11th January 2011, 10:30
yes you have thanks sue!

princesskerry
11th January 2011, 10:47
i'm going to try and buy enough stamps to fill 2 cards (194 pounds in cash + 3 pounds free on each card)

if they do the spend x amount for so many weeks before christmas i will do that again. i live less than a mile from a medium sized morrisons so its the nearest supermarket for me and also small enough to whizz round really quickly - at christmas i went to the huge one in the centre of town

your stamps are only redeemable during a few weeks before christmas, and i don't think you can use them to pay for your shopping to get your free voucher but i may be wrong, you can't spend a few stamps off your card, its all you've saved on that card.

not sure if i've explained that very well?

You can spend the stamps you earn at any time of year but the free ones i.e. 1 when you reach 49 and 2 when you reach 98 making it 100 (3 free on each completed card) can only be used in November and December.
You can also use these stamps towards the 50 spend to get your receipt for the christmas promotion, I did this this year.
You have to spend all the stamps on the card in one shopping trip.

I'm also going to be saving at Morrisons this year also.

clarer0110
11th January 2011, 11:38
Interested in this Tesco crimbo stamps collecting. Can I do just a couple of quid a week.

G x

The stamps are from a machine, 1 each. I usually get 3 every time I go in, usually Fri, Sat and Sunday. It soon mounts up. The card holds 49 worth of stamps and you get an extra 1 for every completed card.

I also save at Iceland, Asda and I have a post office christmas account where you add a minimum of 2 to a plastic card then you can start spending it from 1st December until 31st January in loads of shops - Argos, Boots etc. I put 5 a week on this so come Christmas, it is usually paid for! Also, you always get a bonus booklet with extra offers in around the beginning of December.

HTH xx

vickn
11th January 2011, 14:05

G x

just remember the machine only takes 1 coins though so i usually make sure i have one or two in my pocket!

sarah1982
11th January 2011, 14:46
I started the savings stamp card in Tesco last night - going to put a 1 on everytime I go to tesco - as not buying any magazines this year, so will save the cash this way instead.

Are the saving stamps only use in store? Im assuming you cant order anything from direct etc?

I'm also going to add 10 each pay day - and am aiming for 150 -200, and can get all booze and a load of pressies with them :)

suesmith
12th January 2011, 20:46
i went today and bought a couple of morrisons ones to start me off.

it was lovely this year knowing that i could just buy things without worrying too much about the cost, and where else can i get a 3%return on my savings for such a small amount of capital lol?

vickn
12th January 2011, 21:36
I started the savings stamp card in Tesco last night - going to put a 1 on everytime I go to tesco - as not buying any magazines this year, so will save the cash this way instead.

Are the saving stamps only use in store? Im assuming you cant order anything from direct etc?
I'm also going to add 10 each pay day - and am aiming for 150 -200, and can get all booze and a load of pressies with them :)

you can but you have to order in store at one of the desks

Spottiswoode
12th January 2011, 21:58
Definately going to make more of an effort this year to save the tesco stamps, will buy some each pay day :)

sarah1982
12th January 2011, 23:51

Thank you - good to know!

My 1 on everytime i visit Mr Ts is going well - and no magazines or 60p Mars bars bought - so not really feeling it in my purse either :)

uklego
13th January 2011, 07:33

Well I didn't know that - thank you

vickn
13th January 2011, 21:42
Well I didn't know that - thank you

you may not thanks me.....
firstly, the only trouble being is you can see if something is in stock on line but cant reserve it, i dont drive but my mum thankfully went to our nearest one 3 times to get the wii i wanted for my little lad, the first two times by the time she got there they it was out of stock:rolleyes:
secondly, went to a different tesco the year before (2009) and they wouldnt accept them at the desk, was made to go through a till and swap it for a gift card then go back to the desk! how strange!

but baring all that in mind its still works well for me!

sarah1982
6th March 2011, 23:12
Bit of a bump - how we all doing with the saving stamps?

I've been very good and not bought a magazine all year, and the cash has gone into this instead- and have been getting at least 1 every visit to Mr T - 10 off having the 1st 49 complete.

Aiming to have 200 saved by end of October - but might split 50/50 between tesco and Morrisons

Spottiswoode
7th March 2011, 12:05
Keep forgetting, i'm rubbish.

Well done you.

sarah1982
7th March 2011, 13:24
Keep forgetting, i'm rubbish.

Well done you.

I have a wedding in Scotland (300miles away) - the week before Xmas, so determined to have plenty of cash around December....the excited bride to be keeps reminding me every other day so i cant forget to save :D