PDA

View Full Version : Confused about my rights

Ethansnan
16th January 2011, 20:05
I am in process of losing weight and having dropped 4 dress sizes and still a few more to go, decided to buy a coat from ebay.

A nice next brown check coat and I won it, however 5 days later a red next coat arrives, nothing like the one i purchased. It is stained all over the front and all screwed up and I couldnt possibly even consider wearing it.

Emailed seller and she responded sorry sent wrong item. Says when she gets it back will refund me and my return postage cost. Although in over three messages she still hasnt given me her address.

The coat I won was listed as in good condition but I have said that I would prefer a full refund for the one I did purchase as if its in the same condition as the one I recieved would be totally unwearable.

Do I have to send back first, so costing me another 5. Im rather peeved as its her mistake and she doesnt seem at all interested.

rainbow
16th January 2011, 20:20
Don't know about your legal rights, but I'd have hoped she'd do the decent thing, send you the correct coat, and refund the postage when you return the other one. Or even give a partial refund now to cover the postage before you send it so you're not out of pocket. She posted it first so she'll know what it cost.

Well done on the weight loss BTW! :smile:

pugpete1108
16th January 2011, 20:26
well done with the weight loss :)
I would be asking for a full refund - and for her to be paying return postage as well. - ask for a prtial refund to cover postage and that you expect to be fully reimbursed with original postage refunded as well.

Ethansnan
16th January 2011, 20:30
well done with the weight loss :)
I would be asking for a full refund - and for her to be paying return postage as well. - ask for a prtial refund to cover postage and that you expect to be fully reimbursed with original postage refunded as well.

Thanks, this is what i was expecting and what i would offer as a seller if I made a mistake (i have almost 1000 feedback on ebay). But she seems very defensive and although ive asked twice for her address to return to she has failed to give it to me.
Also she went into the fact that if I didnt return it after giving me the cost of return postage she would be at a loss. I gave her no reason to think that and would have been prepared myself to cover the extra 1 to send it recorded.

As a seller, I would refund the return p&p when the item was posted back to me and I had it. I would then post the correct coat out.

melroccan
16th January 2011, 21:14
You can ask for postage to be refunded however the seller is not obliged to refund postage by Ebay. Most decent people would do so however since it is her mistake.

Made in Devon
16th January 2011, 21:40
As she is not obliging, I would put in a claim via Ebay or Paypal

pugpete1108
16th January 2011, 22:34
As she is not obliging, I would put in a claim via Ebay or Paypal

If she is unwilling to provide her address I would certainly consider this route next.
It was her mistake, so why should you be out of pocket?? Item not as described - ebay would take your side.

melroccan
16th January 2011, 22:42
Item not as described, yes Ebay will take your side BUT they would tell you to return it at your own expense unfortunately.

snailsontour
17th January 2011, 00:00
Item not as described, yes Ebay will take your side BUT they would tell you to return it at your own expense unfortunately.

Sadly Melroccan is correct, annoying and unfair though it is. Given the sellers dubious ethics, I would stump up the extra for recorded delivery and return for a full refund.