PDA

View Full Version : Home Bargains Inverness store

izzy65
27th January 2011, 18:46
Looks like a new store for Home Bargains is coming to Inverness I am so excited :) and that makes me such a sado:D

missmeggie1
27th January 2011, 19:12
Nothing sad about buying kitchen rolls, loo rolls and lots of cleaning products, way cheaper than Tesco and the other supermarkets.

Stardrops is always a good price in Home Bargains - just a shame there's nothing exciting about cleaning!

carismacab
27th January 2011, 20:16
Your not the only one thats excited Izzy... whoop whoop Home Bargains..

G x

JenFeet
27th January 2011, 21:03
Add me to the excitement when I make trips south!
Woo hoo...

jamsandwhich
27th January 2011, 22:08
Nothing sad about it at all - I LOVE Home Bargains:D

My Sil's and Niece have a weekly Saturday trip to HB and then Costa for coffee and panini - I have gone along for the last few weeks (mainly to spend time with my new great-niece who is only nine weeks old:love:) and I find I get quite excited about it and really look forward to it.

I look out for toys for christmas and birthdays, party toys for when the girls start to have school friends to their parties and bargains which can be put away.

Don't forget that a lot of home bargains true bargains are one-offs so if you see something that is almost too good to be true - get it as it won't be there tomorrow:)

suesmith
28th January 2011, 00:29
nowt wrong with being excited, i love going to ours and looking for the specials

Warboz
28th January 2011, 00:32
I'm exactly the same! The only problem is I pop in for a couple of things and end up leaving with bags of things that I don't REALLY need but it was a bargain!

heatherks
28th January 2011, 01:49
They also sell lovely Birthday cards and cheap too

like Warboz i go in for a few things and always end up with a basketful ..

suesmith
28th January 2011, 20:14
they sometimes clear m and s cards cheap

spareshoe
28th January 2011, 20:52
Thats fab, where about is it going? Any ideas. I've still to find the Iceland, not sure where it is yet. My feet always to sore by the time I had look through Eastgate and end up giving up looking.

izzy65
28th January 2011, 20:54
Thats fab, where about is it going? Any ideas. I've still to find the Iceland, not sure where it is yet. My feet always to sore by the time I had look through Eastgate and end up giving up looking.

Iceland is at the old safeway in Rose street and Home Bargains is going in next door:) so easy parking for both:D

spareshoe
28th January 2011, 20:58
Iceland is at the old safeway in Rose street and Home Bargains is going in next door:) so easy parking for both:D

Thanks Izzy thats fab, I'm usually on the train, will def have a venture down, have you tried Iceland, I'm not sure if should just make a wee trip to go there. I have enjoyed using the vouchers at M&S today, sad to use that last one today, went late afternoon so got a fair few bargains on dated food, which is great for freezer.

Tried to rep you, but must spread, typical eh. xx thanks again

Oh forgot to ask any ideas when home bargains is coming.

izzy65
28th January 2011, 21:13
Don't know opening date but have seen the signs up at the site so hoping soon.Had a look on HB site but there map shows the shop in the middle of the multi story car park LoL, and no opening times yet.

spareshoe
28th January 2011, 21:15
Thanks Izzy will def have walk down next time through.

izzy65
28th January 2011, 21:16
Could be March so a few weeks yet,time to write a shopping list:D

spareshoe
27th March 2011, 11:27
Hi does anyone know if Home Bargains have opened yet, I have googled it but couldn't find anything useful. Thinking about going through maybe tomorrow? Thanks

izzy65
27th March 2011, 11:34
hi SS I did think it was opening yesterday, it was on the mfr news in the morning about employment numbers, so googled the store opening times and they are now on the HB site. I might pop through tomorrow and see need to go to mr t's to recycle a voucher and m's for shopping too.:)

spareshoe
27th March 2011, 11:41
Oh fab thanks, haven't had mfr on much this week and forgot to get the courier, lol. I hoped someone on here would know as always. Thanks, now I want to go today lol x

Now to nag/ask OH if he would like to go out in afternoon, I don't drive so I have to be nice to him, think will go and make a cooked breakfast, thats a good start for today. If not will go on train tomorrow, oh thats not a good idea as won't be able to use a wee voucher at Mr T's arghhh, best go and make breakfast now lol.

Thanks again x

OH had to go to Nairn so I suggested a wee run to Ness, lol. Just asked if we could drive up the back of rose street, he was less than happy when he realised that I had planned going to home bargains lol. Got some fab bargains, famous names boozy sweets down to 1 a tray, less than half price for a Lindt easter egg, really pleased at that and my son was looking at a book in tesco but wasn't wanting to pay 18 and they had it for 2, he was really pleased with it, the packs of 55 drinks were also really cheap all with all the usual bits.

We then popped into to Tesco and used a small DTD voucher, what a performance trying to get it authorised SA said that they have to buzz for a supervisor as they have had loads of these and some over 50, I acted surprised and said I thought Tesco would be cheaper than Asda lol, supervisor took my voucher away to show 2 other members of staff and after almost 5 mins it was ok, I apologised to the couple behind me, wish had went to the other store but glad to got it used. I won't be back in that store with a voucher.

Hope you get on ok Izzy with yours.