PDA

View Full Version : extra legroom seats BA

Maverick
4th February 2011, 10:04
Do these become free ie no fee to pay on 24 hr check in? Any one know or do you still have to pay? Cheers

LuckyFrankie
4th February 2011, 12:05
We've had them on several Edinburgh > Heathrow flights these last few months and didn't have to pay. So it's definitely free for internal UK flights, but I can't be certain about international flights.

Waterfall
4th February 2011, 12:53
You cant select them at online check in :(. AFAIK you have to pay but worth asking when you get to the airport :)

Raffles
4th February 2011, 14:35
You cant select them at online check in :(. AFAIK you have to pay but worth asking when you get to the airport :)

If you mean the exit row, then yes you can get them at online check in.

However ... Gold and Silver card holders, plus holders of full-fare refundable tickets, can select seats as soon as they book. This means that it is unlikely that they will be left by the time online check-in opens.

You can pay to select seats on BA. You see the seatmap before you pay, so you could see if the exit row was there. Remember that children are not allowed in exit rows so you will not be allowed to do it with kids in the booking. If you have a pensioner or anyone else who is obviously not mobile with you then also be careful as cabin crew may move you on the day, paid or not.

Ironically, my wife now refuses to sit in exit rows (even though she is 6 foot and I am 6'2') because she is obliged to put her expensive handbags in the scruffy overhead locket for take-off and landing!

Maverick
4th February 2011, 19:23
Thanks Raffles,
I am flying on Tuesday and at the moment the seats are still available, allbeit to me at a 50 pressumably it would be 50 to everyone else too, so maybe just maybe, I could be luckey as its 50 per leg each.
I think its prob your wifes way of ensuring you book a better cabin :D

Raffles
4th February 2011, 20:28
I think its prob your wifes way of ensuring you book a better cabin :D

This is for her work. We haven't flown Economy together for years, even in Europe and even with the baby!

Maverick
4th February 2011, 20:33
I did wonder :p

Its going to be pretty awful for me, after last time being in first but needs must and all that!