PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Fees

bibbly
8th February 2011, 20:23
Are just ridiculous aren't they? My bill this month was almost a quarter of what I'd made :( The problem is that the alternatives, such as they are, just don't have the same following do they....

I remember the "old" days when fees were minimal compared to now and there weren't so many sellers. Ah well, times change I guess!

Bibbly x

jlvdiver
9th February 2011, 08:23
I was thinking the same, when my invoice came. I have sold a lot of stuff for family lately, and thought has it been worth all the effort. Though they seem pleased with what they got, but what with paypal and ebay charges, there is not much left. However there are no bootsales and my last few, people were bargaining over 50p, and walk off if I refused to drop! I don't know which way to go. I am trying a load of things in the paper, even some clothes. We will see how that goes.

red devil
9th February 2011, 09:09
If you have a facebook account do a search to see if you have any local groups for buying and selling on. I have a local one and will be trying that option in future. Also cards in any local shops may be another option.
At the moment I am really fed up with ebay since buying a faulty laptop battery that was bought from the UK but I was made to return it to China as that is where the sellers address is registered. It cost me just over 12 to return it by traceable means as I can't get a refund otherwise. Nothing in the auction that said returns are to China but it was a case of either pay up or lose 40 that the battery cost.