PDA

View Full Version : Ebay/paypal/cash on collection

msjg
27th March 2011, 14:13
Not really into ebay but I've sold an item :D large item buyer to collect
I did put cash on collection in my listing but the buyer paid by paypal as soon as the auction ended.
Not sure what to do any advise anyone tia

Floosy
27th March 2011, 14:16
Possibly has money only in paypal account... TBH Id be happier with paypal a little bit more protection comes with using it x

Gizmos
27th March 2011, 14:17
Id be careful as if they are collecting there is no proof of postage and could therefore say htey didnt receive the item!!!

baconbap
27th March 2011, 14:21
Have they got good feedback?

We've just collected a fridgefreezer paid for by paypal, as that was what the seller preferred. Hoping it works ok - am leaving it for 24 hours as it's been on its side.

msjg
27th March 2011, 14:22
Id be careful as if they are collecting there is no proof of postage and could therefore say htey didnt receive the item!!!

Thats what my thoughts were, hence my problem

baconbap
27th March 2011, 14:23
Thats what my thoughts were, hence my problem

Get them to sign a receipt.

msjg
27th March 2011, 14:25
Have they got good feedback?

We've just collected a fridgefreezer paid for by paypal, as that was what the seller preferred. Hoping it works ok - am leaving it for 24 hours as it's been on its side.

yes good feedback been a member since 03

odd bit he put a bid on but sent a message about not sure if it was want he wanted, but would know tomorrow.

VeryTrying
27th March 2011, 19:06

I don't think this makes any difference with PayPay - they'll recognise only
an on-line, trackable signature.

Tuckerpoo
27th March 2011, 19:07

I always ask them to sign a copy of the item invoice with their printed name. I also make a note of the number plate of their vehicle. There was this one guy who seemed a bit dodgy so I took a pic using my phone of him next to his car :behindsofa:

angelic
27th March 2011, 19:47
I don't think this makes any difference with PayPay - they'll recognise only
an on-line, trackable signature.

VT is correct - buyer could go home with the Fridge Freezer and file for a refund which he/she would automatically receive.

In a PayPal dispute situation, only postal tracking info counts - a signed receipt is worthless in such a scenario.

It is advisable to refund the PayPal payment and accept cash on collection for your safety and protection as a buyer.
Refund from the PP transaction page only - link at bottom of page to click on.

I am not suggesting your buyer may be anything other than honest, just making sure you are aware of possible consequences so you can make your choice.

Maverick
27th March 2011, 20:39
Do you have to have a signature, I send my parcels by myhermes, which is trackable online but dont pay the extra for a signature, is this sufficent?
Allways only take cash on collection for collection items.

zoot
27th March 2011, 20:56
I have sold something today which said cash on collection. The buyer has emailed and asked when i will be in and they will arrange a courier to collect. They are paying with paypal and their feedback is good. I have to say this does not bother me at all. People seem to get very uptight about selling on ebay and the 'dangers' there can be with dodgy buyers. I think the majority of buyers are honest and descent and for the price of the items i sell (this is a high value item of 30!) i use normal post (not recorded delivery) and have had no problems in over 800 sales. Maybe i am too trusting?

Maverick
27th March 2011, 21:16
I agree untill you get shafted.......I have been shafted several times, and now am much more wary, unfortuntely there are those that know if you havent sent it by a trackable method they will get their money back in the event of a claim.

msjg
27th March 2011, 21:58
Thanks for all the advise, I have tracked down the buyer on facebook:eek:, he told me were he worked so I googled this lead me to his fb page:D
I would think he is far from dodgy but then you never know.
Well educated and does have a odd hobby:shocked:
Would someone dodgy have good feedback?

Edited put habit not hobby lol

jlvdiver
28th March 2011, 00:32

I second that. I have had some larger items picked up and they have paid by paypal or cash....either way I get them to sign an order print out and if they have paid cash I do one for them and one for me and sign theirs. I have never had a problem. In fact i have am item waiting to be picked up, they offered to pay either way.

melroccan
28th March 2011, 09:52
I used to sell smaller value items and always sent by normal post as only about one in 1000 actually did go missing so it was not cost-effective to use Recorded. However if I had started to get a lot of claims I would have reviewed my policy, and now I only sell a few items I usually use Recorded to be on the safe side.

dtm15
28th March 2011, 23:38
If the items value is over 150 paypal will require a signature as well as proof of delivery. If you refund the paypal payment you will also have the benefit of receiving the full payment as paypal won't take any fee.