PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how 1471 charges work?

tiger
30th March 2011, 11:03
Please does anyone know how 1471 charges work?
I went out last night leaving DH chatting on the phone to his cousin. They were still chatting when I got back nearly an hour later. He told me this morning that they got cut off so he dialled 1471 and rang her back by pressing 3.
I know there is a charge for using ringback but I'm wondering if we will now be charged for the whole call as well. We get free calls included in our package with Pipex but will using ringback have bypassed that?
DS2 pays for our broadband and phone package so I'm hoping that DH hasn't cost him a lot of money as he's not very good at telling us if we owe him anything.
We are trying to take over the Pipex account ourselves at the moment but Pipex customer service is useless.

holliemon
30th March 2011, 12:43
sorry I cant answer your question but is your account online or can you put it online and see if you were charged for last nights call?

izzy65
30th March 2011, 12:49
I didn't think that 1471 and press 3 was ring back, I thought that was when you dialed an engaged number and pressed 5 for the call to redial when free, anyway the call you described sounds like an ordinary dialed number so wouldn't think it would involve an extra charge but thats with bt wouldn't know how pipex would charge it.

tiger
30th March 2011, 13:00
Thanks Holliemon and Izzy. I'll get DS to check the account but I think you are probably right Izzy.

holliemon
30th March 2011, 13:53
I think when it is 1471 it does say you may get charged for this? if you redial pressing the number

obscure
30th March 2011, 14:01
From BT document:

"A charge will be applied when you press 3 to return the call, the charge for the call will be at normal rate."

Document here: http://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/1552225/1263228496/redirect/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzAxNDg5OTc4L3NpZC9FdXpmR2Rxaw==

BritBrat
28th July 2011, 18:11
Fixed and very costly charge for pressing option 3.

I have the option blocked in our house.

mhoc
28th July 2011, 18:43
Fixed and very costly charge for pressing option 3.

I have the option blocked in our house.

How do you do this?

missmeggie1
28th July 2011, 20:55
Mhoc, if you go on the BT website under home options, products and services, view or change calling features, you can change your home services, these come as add on features, I think some are free and some have a charge per month.

I know I had 09 national rate numbers blocked when I had a problem with my internet bill and this was done at the time by the operator I was talking to and this was free of charge (or it was at the time).