PDA

View Full Version : Ebay challenge - April

dawn1
4th April 2011, 23:27
would anyone like to join me in the april ebay challenge ?

i find it helps to have target, and other people doing the challenge too

(dont forget postage has gone up :( )

my target for the month is 150

i sold a few bits over the weekend and made 22.34 profit

dawn - 150
tuckerpoo - 250
lou2000 - 10
fionajt - 190
maverick - 300
spootiswoode - 50
teatowell - 50
johnshelly - 100
jamsandwich - 50
bee happy - 100
joana - 200
pandoraskids - 100
lulupink - 100
nickn - 50
icho - 50

FionaJT
4th April 2011, 23:34
I've listed dd2's outgrown Gymboree clothes which are on 61 so far with 3 days left to go. :D

dawn1
4th April 2011, 23:39
excellent :)

have you got a target for the month ?

Tuckerpoo
5th April 2011, 00:01
I'm up for it, already started :D

Lou2000
5th April 2011, 00:03
Please put me down for just 10 this month to pay for a box of 100 padded envelopes. Have relisted all my items that did not sell and as the kids are off for most of April, I don't think I'll have time to concentrate on putting on anything else. Thanks.

FionaJT
5th April 2011, 00:15
excellent :)

have you got a target for the month ?

I was thinking 190 as I've just had to buy a new dishwasher. If I can make my target it'll pay off my Next account. I always pay it off in full but was thinking it may go into two months this time :(

I have quite a few more Gymboree bits to list yet so fingers crossed. It just kills my back when I'm taking all the pics and takes sooo long to list everything.

Maverick
5th April 2011, 08:53
Going to try for 300 this month. If hubby ever lists his roman armour, he missed free listing weekend again, grrrrrr

Spottiswoode
5th April 2011, 10:04
Put me down for 50 again thanks
Good luck everyone x

teatowell
5th April 2011, 10:54
50 again for me too please. Anything more is a massive bonus.

johnshelly
5th April 2011, 14:08
Hi, this is my first post I would like to join you all and try to raise 100 in April
for holiday spending money. I listed 72 items on free weekend so will let you know how it goes. :o

Thank-you

Michelle

jamsandwhich
5th April 2011, 14:40
I will join in again - have to admit to not updating towards the end on the March Challenge but it was minimal anyway, think I topped 30 but my effort was minimal too:p

I will aim for 50 -nice and realistic to put towards holidays

bee happy
5th April 2011, 17:44
Can I join please ?
Ive listed a few things today and have some auctions ending later,
I will aim for 100 please.
Do we include just the sale price or postage to?
Thanks

mhoc
5th April 2011, 19:38
I have an excel chart I use

date of sale (actually the date the item is paid for)
item title
total sale price
original price (if I can remember what it is?)
ebay selling fees
total listing costs

postage
paypal fees
ebay final fees
total selling costs

total listing costs minus total selling costs = profits

bee happy
5th April 2011, 22:19
Can I join please ?
Thanks

Made 24.20 today :)

dawn1
6th April 2011, 00:41
Hi, this is my first post I would like to join you all and try to raise 100 in April
for holiday spending money. I listed 72 items on free weekend so will let you know how it goes. :o

Thank-you

Michelle

hello , welcome and good luck :)

dawn1
6th April 2011, 00:43
Can I join please ?
Thanks

for me it is what profit i have made after fees and postage have been paid

good luck

Tuckerpoo
6th April 2011, 00:57
Made 24.20 today :)

Well done :clap2: It's a good start.

joana
6th April 2011, 02:04
I would like to join go for 200.

Pandoraskids
6th April 2011, 07:55
Put me down for 100 please. Too busy in Tesco's last month so failed miserably but kids off most of April so hopefully will do target this month :)

Lulupink
6th April 2011, 15:37
Can I join in for 100 please - I put a load of things on last weekend ending this weekend, but not a nibble so far!!

FionaJT
6th April 2011, 23:01
I'm on 146.80 with the rest of my stuff finishing tomorrow.

Dishwasher nearly paid for YAY!!! :clap2:

vickn
6th April 2011, 23:09

whay well done you!!!

can i go down for 50 for my holiday fund would love more but want to be able to hit it and i dont seem to have much hanging about

good luck everyone!!!

dawn1
6th April 2011, 23:25

well done :clap2:

FionaJT
6th April 2011, 23:34
thank you! Hopefully I will make my target to pay off the dishwasher. dd1 also came home with a letter from school about skiing next year at 839 so looks like I'll be a busy bee listing again :eek:

Tuckerpoo
7th April 2011, 09:57
thank you! Hopefully I will make my target to pay off the dishwasher. dd1 also came home with a letter from school about skiing next year at 839 so looks like I'll be a busy bee listing again :eek:

Well done Fiona. There's always something else isn't there!:rolleyes:

bee happy
7th April 2011, 10:59
Can someone please tell me how I write how my target and total under my post,if you know what I mean ??:o

Spottiswoode
7th April 2011, 11:03
Can someone please tell me how I write how my target and total under my post,if you know what I mean ??:o

Its in your settings & options and you click on edit signature :)

dawn1
11th April 2011, 23:51
how are you all doing ?

35.45 profit this weekend

Pandoraskids
12th April 2011, 08:35
12.96 for me so far - I really must get some listings done :)

icho
12th April 2011, 08:43
Although i'm blitzing rooms think some stuff will be more suited to a car boot so please can you give me a 50 target as want some artifial trailing plants for shady spot in back yard.

jamsandwhich
12th April 2011, 09:03
Well done - some nice totals !

I am doing ok - not brilliant but have been a bit slack in listing, hoping to crack on this week though.

Maverick
12th April 2011, 10:03
Hardly anything sold so only made 42.00, waiting for free listing to list the armour.

Lou2000
12th April 2011, 12:43
Well, I only relisted my stuff on last free listing weekend that had not previously sold and I have made a profit of 19 AND I have (fingers crossed) someone collecting an item next week for 97 cash! SO will be a good month if that comes off..... My 10 target has been reached and my new envelopes have arrived ready for next months challenge.

Good luck everyone.

johnshelly
12th April 2011, 15:26
Well done everyone up to now.

I have 68.25 of my 100 (can't seem to add Total at the at the bottom :confused:)

Have a few more items ending tomorrow then will wait for the next free listing day to start again.

Good luck.

Michelle

Lulupink
12th April 2011, 19:20
47.07 made so far so almost halfway there - just need some motivation to list more!!

dawn1
12th April 2011, 23:58
well done everyone

mhoc
13th April 2011, 10:58
Earlier this week I was cleaning out a shelf of old talking books and audio cassettes. I did really well, finding ones missing from cases and I got a big bag together for the charity shop. A few though were in very good condition so I listed them on ebay.

I was very pleased to get a bid on one of them this morning but I then remembered I'd also listed it on amazon and on green metropolis so I logged on and took down both of these listings.

I also then went back to the ebay listing and put a note in the note box underneath "relist on amazon and green metropilis if sale does not go through" Needless to say half an hour later I've had a message from the bidder to say he bid by mistake and he actually wanted CDs instead of audio cassettes so he wanted to withdraw the bid.

So later on I have to go back to Amazon and green metropolis and relist it there again.

This week seems to be ful of minor annoyances :D

Maverick
13th April 2011, 14:01
My buyer came to collect and bought a couple of other things so thats another bit to the total 64.00 total now, not much but better than nowt and some more crap gone, lol!
Any one know when the next free listing weekend is?

dawn1
20th April 2011, 23:31
how are we all doing ?

my sales have been slow

i am just over half way to reaching my target

i have 11 items listed and only 3 with bids on

Lou2000
21st April 2011, 00:15
Got my 97 cash on collection for an ebay item today BUT had to refund on an item lost in the post so my profit for April after fees is 98. No eBaying for me now till next free listing day. Having a well earned rest and avoiding all the bank holiday postage problems.....

FionaJT
21st April 2011, 00:27
I've just had a query about one of my parcels which 'hasn't arrived' in Germany. Looks like it's going to be a 31 refund from me. More fool me for just sending it via small parcels and not signed for! I did reply to her saying to leave it a few more days then I will chase it up as all European parcels are now barcoded and easily traceable. Hopefully it will miraculously be delivered this week!

dtm15
21st April 2011, 23:41
I've just had a query about one of my parcels which 'hasn't arrived' in Germany. Looks like it's going to be a 31 refund from me. More fool me for just sending it via small parcels and not signed for! I did reply to her saying to leave it a few more days then I will chase it up as all European parcels are now barcoded and easily traceable. Hopefully it will miraculously be delivered this week!

If you have proof of postage for the package then it is insured for up to 46 anyway so there is no need for you to lose the 31. You can read the details here:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400036&mediaId=3500027#1400047

Also ask for the postage that you paid to send the package and the cost of the packaging to be refunded to you or they won't do it.

FionaJT
22nd April 2011, 01:21
If you have proof of postage for the package then it is insured for up to 46 anyway so there is no need for you to lose the 31. You can read the details here:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400036&mediaId=3500027#1400047

Also ask for the postage that you paid to send the package and the cost of the packaging to be refunded to you or they won't do it.

thanks for that, I will claim if she puts in a paypal chargeback. I am hoping that I have worried her into saying that it has arrived in the next couple of days by telling her that it's barcoded. It may genuinally not turned up but you always get one, usually when they've spent a reasonable amount :(

jamsandwhich
22nd April 2011, 08:37
I have made approx 40 - not exactly huge but knew my stuff would be slow and steady! I have taken a couple of Barbie clothes purchases off though so did originally make a bit more:)

Now just need another free listing weekend to put some stuff back on and away we go again!

icho
22nd April 2011, 08:57
While i was away i've hit my target, not even decluttered. woo hoo!

dtm15
22nd April 2011, 23:40
thanks for that, I will claim if she puts in a paypal chargeback. I am hoping that I have worried her into saying that it has arrived in the next couple of days by telling her that it's barcoded. It may genuinally not turned up but you always get one, usually when they've spent a reasonable amount :(

A tip for you - Some of us large sellers on ebay ask royal mail for a few rolls of 500 international signed for labels (they are free and they deliver them to your business address for free if you have a business account with Royal Mail) and then stick one barcode on each airmail package. They are self adhesive so its very quick, easy to do and it won't interfere with their delivery at all. There are 1500 barcodes on the roll of 500 labels so they last a long time. When I started doing this the amount of packages 'not received' by foreign buyers went down by over 70%! I think the buyers see that there is a barcode and a tracking number below it and don't want to take the risk of making a false claim for item not received just in case the package was scanned or tracked before delivery. Airsure labels work just as well as they also have 3 self adhesive barcodes with tracking numbers per label.

If you ask at your local post office and say you want a few international signed for or airsure labels as you want to get some packages ready before taking them to the post office then you can do this yourself.

I would recommend any package that is over 30 in value is sent using international signed for because as you say its the higher value ones that tend to 'get lost' in the post most often.

Pics of the labels here:

http://www.gbstamps.com/gbcc/gbcc_images/Intl_signed_for_label.jpg

http://www.gbstamps.com/gbcc/gbcc_images/Airsure_label_sm.jpg

You only use one of the two barcode strips in the middle of the label and not the whole label. The other barcode strip is not shown in the picture but is below the other two.

I hope that helps

FionaJT
23rd April 2011, 02:08
that's a really good idea thanks. I still have about half a basket of stuff to list so will do this next time. when I've sold on dd's Gymboree the majority of the things end up going to Germany or Austria, it must be really popular there.

johnshelly
10th May 2011, 08:26
I didn't reach my 100 but still 70.69 for my holiday fund.

Well done everyone.

Shelly