PDA

View Full Version : Exercise

tubby210
29th April 2011, 17:41
An outside gym was built near me so I started going evry Saturday and Sunday I spend about an hour there each day using cross trainers and I do 125 sit ups each day. Havent noticed any difference in my body yet anybody know how long it will take before I notice a difference.

jaybrent
29th April 2011, 18:21
An outside gym was built near me so I started going evry Saturday and Sunday I spend about an hour there each day using cross trainers and I do 125 sit ups each day. Havent noticed any difference in my body yet anybody know how long it will take before I notice a difference.

Are you dieting as well?

tubby210
29th April 2011, 18:28
not really.

zaqwert
29th April 2011, 19:42
80% diet, 20% exercise !

After about 6 - 8 weeks you should feel better and if your using weights to tone you shoud start seeing a difference after approx 3 months.

tubby210
30th April 2011, 08:08
there are cross trainers a place to do sit ups and a machine you sit on and pull down a bar and you lift your own weight

pookienoodle
30th April 2011, 13:11
If you are overweight it is hard to see the difference as the toned muscle will be under a layer of fat.
with a combination of diet and excercise i have gone from a size 18 to a 12 on my bottom half since christmas.
the more weight I lost the more noticable my muscles were.

mutley muppet
30th April 2011, 13:41
Wow that's amazing Pookie, well done! X

Becles
2nd May 2011, 09:11
Interval training works well. You need to warm up, then do a blast of cardio on the cross trainer, then some toning work with the sit ups, then cardio, then toning and so on, then cool down at the end.

I go to a outdoor boot camp which works on this method and it really does work.

You also need to look at your diet and eat healthy food rather than junk food. No specific diet needed - just the advice we all know we need to follow with more fresh food and less processed crap.

Spottiswoode
3rd May 2011, 15:42
Interval training works well. You need to warm up, then do a blast of cardio on the cross trainer, then some toning work with the sit ups, then cardio, then toning and so on, then cool down at the end.

I go to a outdoor boot camp which works on this method and it really does work.
You also need to look at your diet and eat healthy food rather than junk food. No specific diet needed - just the advice we all know we need to follow with more fresh food and less processed crap.

I would love to try a boot camp so i googled and found one in Scotland for ?1650/week, eh maybe no then lol.

avstar
3rd May 2011, 15:58
I would love to try a boot camp so i googled and found one in Scotland for ?1650/week, eh maybe no then lol.

Blimey! Prob works on the principle that you can't afford to buy food and eat if you go on the bootcamp, instant weightloss :shocked:

Spottiswoode
3rd May 2011, 16:00
Blimey! Prob works on the principle that you can't afford to buy food and eat if you go on the bootcamp, instant weightloss :shocked:

Found another one that does a day for ?60 in the Borders, a bit better. Might look further into that.
You get all your meals included in the week one but up at 5.45 and don't stop until 10pm :eek:

mutley muppet
3rd May 2011, 16:33
I've seen various bootcamp deals on groupon, worth a look.

holliemon
3rd May 2011, 17:05
There is a boot camp near us but its just excercise for an hour on the moor - you can go once, twice of three times a week.

Looks like they get good results too