PDA

View Full Version : Free listing weekend 18/19 june - questions

shopsomemore
16th June 2011, 12:29
I see its another free listing weekend. What is the deal with this 100 items - are you only allowed to sell 100 a month/year/weekend ?? before you are a buisness?? Also, would this mean sell - or list ? What happens if you list 100 but none sell - can you list them again??

I am not anywhere near 100 items but just wondering - incase I do ever get round to sticking the lot on - lol.

And BOOKS, whats the deal there? you can't add postage or something??

Spottiswoode
16th June 2011, 13:17
Its 100 99p or less items per month free thereafter you'll get charged. You can relist over and over as i do.

Not sure what you mean about books, sorry. I've got a few books on just now and was able to add postage.

Mamzie
16th June 2011, 14:01
where do I find out about this please? I can't see it anywhere atm. I think I may have the ebay bug now, after selling our caravan on there - but the fees, omg!!!

mhoc
16th June 2011, 14:26
Its 100 99p or less items per month free thereafter you'll get charged. You can relist over and over as i do.

Not sure what you mean about books, sorry. I've got a few books on just now and was able to add postage.

Dont know for sure but its a hundred a month of sales of any starting price, this is not written down anywhere.

If you go over you are told to become a business seller.

Not sure what is classed as a month though - dont know wether its a calender month or 30 days or what :confused:

Spottiswoode
16th June 2011, 14:33
I'm sure its calendar month.

I've went over my 100 free listings before (only a couple & by mistake) and just been charged for a normal listing.

Polo
16th June 2011, 15:25
Postage on books is capped at 3.25, which is ok if they are light ones but not if hardback or business ones Which are often a lot heavier! The way to get round this is to work out your postage and add it to the starting price, so if you want 1.99 for it and postage recorded is say 5.25 you need to start bids at 4.99, if that makes sense!

I'm not sure about this 100 limit and business seller, the 100 limit on starting items at 99p is a calendar month I believe, but the I don't think the business seller is just about listings/sales, as I've never been told to upgrade and have listed more than 100 in a month - but I don't do it every month so think it might be cumulative over 6 months or a year or something?

dtm15
16th June 2011, 23:08
You are allowed to list 100 free listings per calendar month, if you exceed that amount for 3 calendar months in a row a member of ebay staff will look at what you have been selling to see whether its likely you have been trading (for example buying goods to resell on ebay for a profit) and if they think you have then they will ask you to change your account to a business account or they will not let you list anymore. It does not matter how many of the listings sell but it is the number that you list that counts here.

Also if your turnover exceeds a certain amount (I don't know what this amount is as ebay do not publish it to prevent people keeping under it on purpose) for 3 calendar months in a row you are required to change your account to a business account or you can't list anymore.

Ebay are now required to do this by HMRC as the name and address details (not turnover, number of listings etc) of business accounts on ebay are given to HMRC to check for people who haven't registered as self employed, are not declaring extra income etc etc. They were aware that there were tens of thousands of people earning a second income on ebay without paying tax and NI on the income and needed some way to control it. I don't think it has worked though!

Its easy to get round these restrictions anyway by having more than one user ID.