PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed, item I've sold not working

zoebusher
23rd June 2011, 18:08
Had this message today:

Received in the post today and just spent half and hour trying to get it to work. I have read the instructions and changed the new batteries twice and I still can not get it to work (the batteries are new and have been tested and work in other items)

About one of the One Touch can openers (with the extra points). It was brand new and sealed so I did not test it.
It was bought on a buy it now with postage extra.
I have another I could send, and the reciept that I could use to return the item to Mr T.
Would the buyer have to pay to return the item to me?
Then I void the transaction?
Or do i have to post him out another?
What if that one doesn't work?
Heeeelp!

Floosy
23rd June 2011, 18:46
[QUOTE=zoebusher;1307078]Had this message today:

Received in the post today and just spent half and hour trying to get it to work. I have read the instructions and changed the new batteries twice and I still can not get it to work (the batteries are new and have been tested and work in other items)

About one of the One Touch can openers (with the extra points). It was brand new and sealed so I did not test it.
It was bought on a buy it now with postage extra.
I have another I could send, and the reciept that I could use to return the item to Mr T.
Would the buyer have to pay to return the item to me? YES
Then I void the transaction?
Or do i have to post him out another? Whatever is agreed between you and the buyer but not before the orginal is returned at there cost
What if that one doesn't work?
Heeeelp!
TEST THE NEW ONE BEFORE IT GOES OUT and don't send it before the other is returned to you..

zoebusher
23rd June 2011, 18:56
So is it best to tell the buyer that as soon as I receive the item back I will refund the BIN price plus the postage they paid to me originally.
As the items are sealed I'm not really happy to unwrap one to test although I guess I could then post it if it works or else return it to Mr T?
Is either of the above likely to result in bad feedback? I'm only up to 17 and a neg or neutral would ruin the account.
Thanks Floosy

markat
23rd June 2011, 19:41
Could you send her the receipt so she can refund or exchange in store.

mhoc
23rd June 2011, 19:47
But the receipt would have someone elses card details on unless she paid with cash and no clubcard. So the only alternative is for the buyer to return the non working one and ASAP so the receipt is still in date

dtm15
24th June 2011, 03:31
I would ask the buyer to return the faulty one to you and say you will send them a replacement that you have opened to check that it works when you have received it.

If the 2nd one you open doesn't work return it to tesco. Return the first one that the buyer is returning to you to tesco for a refund.

If they aren't happy with a replacement then offer them a full refund when they return it to you and you return it to tesco for a refund.

zoebusher
24th June 2011, 07:55
Thanks for all the advise, she's posting it back for a refund and doesn't seem cross.

dtm15
24th June 2011, 23:01
Thanks for all the advise, she's posting it back for a refund and doesn't seem cross.

It was new and sealed when you sent it so there is no way you could have known it was faulty, it was the manufacturers fault not yours and by offering a full refund the buyer can't really complain, except about having to pay the postage to return it perhaps.

zoebusher
24th June 2011, 23:43
I've decided to refund her return postage to keep her sweet.

dtm15
24th June 2011, 23:57
That's a wise move in my opinion.

Siaron
25th June 2011, 09:09
I always refund return postage if there is something wrong with the product, after all it's not the buyer's fault.
I recently bought a pair of pink jelly shoes and when they arrived they were definitely lilac (even dh said lilac!), it cost me 2.16 to return them for a refund. A couple of weeks later I searched for "jelly shoes, size 7" and found that the seller had relisted them as lilac. I contacted him saying that seeing as they were now being sold as lilac I would have appreciated a refund of my return postage - the reply I had was the most abusive message that I have ever had on ebay, I couldn't believe it.
xx

dtm15
25th June 2011, 22:13
I always refund return postage if there is something wrong with the product, after all it's not the buyer's fault.
I recently bought a pair of pink jelly shoes and when they arrived they were definitely lilac (even dh said lilac!), it cost me 2.16 to return them for a refund. A couple of weeks later I searched for "jelly shoes, size 7" and found that the seller had relisted them as lilac. I contacted him saying that seeing as they were now being sold as lilac I would have appreciated a refund of my return postage - the reply I had was the most abusive message that I have ever had on ebay, I couldn't believe it.
xx

Well I hope you gave the seller negative feedback and left them low detailed seller ratings across the board as that is disgraceful!

Siaron
26th June 2011, 13:56
Have just done so, I don't like leaving negative feedback but on reflection he had no right to "speak" to me in the way he did.
I entered middle ratings for p&p charges and dispatch time as they were ok.
xx

dtm15
26th June 2011, 19:55
Hopefully that will make them think twice about sending their buyers abusive emails next time. Make sure you block them from buying from you though so they can't buy something from you to leave you negative feedback in revenge.

Siaron
27th June 2011, 08:55
I've had a look but can't see how to block someone - can you give me some advice please?!?!?
xx

Pandoraskids
27th June 2011, 09:26
Go to Account, then site preferences, then buyer requirements & I think you just enter the username you want blocked x

zoebusher
27th June 2011, 15:12
Well I've had the can opener back and it works just fine!
Very annoyed.
Counting to ten before I respond to the buyer!!!!

markat
27th June 2011, 15:50
Well I've had the can opener back and it works just fine!
Very annoyed.
Counting to ten before I respond to the buyer!!!!

How annoying - are they tricky things to use ?

SuzyWoo
27th June 2011, 15:59
I wonder if they put it on the wrong way round? Unfortunately you can't protect yourself from other people stupidness! x

markat
27th June 2011, 16:02
Can you not block buyers with a low IQ Suzy ?

zoebusher
27th June 2011, 16:36
So mad but either they are stupid or just decided they didn't want it. Either way it appears I'm our of pocket and can't even really moan at them in case they decide to neg me. Glad I can vent on here!

SuzyWoo
27th June 2011, 16:45
Can you not block buyers with a low IQ Suzy ?

:p If only! x

dtm15
27th June 2011, 23:56
I've had a look but can't see how to block someone - can you give me some advice please?!?!?
xx

Go here:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

then click on 'Add an eBay member to my Blocked Bidder/Buyer List' then enter the buyers user ID in the box and then click on the 'submit' button.