PDA

View Full Version : Sainsbury's store shutting for a week - Bargains to be had?

SAVVYSHOPPER
28th August 2011, 21:20
Hi there

My local Sainsbury's is being refurbished and is due to close on Tuesday for a week to do the finishing touches before reopening. Has anyone had any experience of this happening at their local store and were there any bargains to be had. Assume they will have to shift all their fresh food, vegetables and chilled food. Any idea as to when I should visit on the Tuesday for maximum bargains!

Thanks in advance

Savvyshopper

M123
28th August 2011, 21:31
What branch is this please ???

SAVVYSHOPPER
28th August 2011, 21:38
Sorry, should have said - it is the one on Regent Road, Salford on the way into Manchester City Centre

hth

xxSS

mhoc
28th August 2011, 22:13
Ours shut for months on earth while it was being rebuilt and our store was in portacabins. It was dreadful :(:(

Our new store is the size of an aircraft hanger and it was months before we could find the reduced section in the fridge and the damaged tins section. But all good now, great clothes section and ss machines plus good wombling potential :D

baconbap
28th August 2011, 23:17
My local one shut for refurbishment recently - I forgot to go for bargains as I didn't remember in time, but I know it shut at 6pm.

akh46
29th August 2011, 14:38
Sorry, should have said - it is the one on Regent Road, Salford on the way into Manchester City Centre

hth

xxSS

Thats my local too, I heard it was shutting as they sent me 2 mocs in the post on Friday, one to use before they shut and one when they re-open. Was going to use the mocs in Tesco, now dont know if I should have a quick look just in case there are any bargains. Says in my letter it will close at 6pm on 30th August and re-open at 9am on 7th September.

Matty17r
29th August 2011, 18:32
I went in a sainsbury that was due to close for refurbishment when we were on holiday. Couldn't find any fresh stuff reduced but managed to pick up a quilt cover in a bag for ?3.00 - these later sold at ?16 for quite a while. Also a bargain disney pencil case full up at less than a pound and still see it in store for about ?6.00. Not sure why these two things were reduced though they were on a clearance counter.

SAVVYSHOPPER
29th August 2011, 21:24
Thanks for all your replies - I'll give it a go tomorrow afternoon and see how I get on. I'll post on here later tomorrow to let people know if it is worth visiting on the last day before stores close for a while. Hopefully it may help if other stores get refurbished in the future

xxSS

Coupon-madder
29th August 2011, 22:36
Look out for money off vouchers, spend and save ones you can use at Sains or Tesco.

Could be on the tills or the CS desk or the deli counter on the last day. If there's a petrol station there and it's staying open during the refurb there could be some of the vouchers there in the interim.

About 4 years ago our Sains closed for a refit and I got over ?1500 worth(!!) of spend & saves which I shared at school with other Mums and swapped/gave away on online forums at the time, including PTS. What fun!