PDA

View Full Version : Random Useful Use for Tesco Clubcard

Gizmos
12th September 2011, 19:46
If you are in a hotel and need to use the hotel card to activate the lighting / heating / cooling it does not need to be the room card that you use. Any credit card sized thing will work (at least it has for us).

Ideal for if you want to leave the room to cool off / heat up but want to go out and only have one card. It even works with those rail tickets as well.

As I said ... random use ....

any others?

Lou2000
12th September 2011, 19:49
Scraping the ice of your car windscreen. Works better than a proper sraper but you will need gloves!

shopsomemore
12th September 2011, 20:13
Opening the old laptop beacuse the lid bit is broken.

far canel
12th September 2011, 20:39
Some old clubcards and phone cards in your mugging wallet/purse.

Homer J Simpson
8th November 2011, 03:25
Some old clubcards and phone cards in your mugging wallet/purse.

Have you ever been mugged or are you a born worrier?

Greenpen
8th November 2011, 07:47
If you are in a hotel and need to use the hotel card to activate the lighting / heating / cooling it does not need to be the room card that you use. Any credit card sized thing will work (at least it has for us).

Ideal for if you want to leave the room to cool off / heat up but want to go out and only have one card. It even works with those rail tickets as well.

I've used cards for this but I have noticed that some hotels now need the correct key card to work, presumably their systems are getting more complex. Can't be sure, but I think a Jury Inn in Plymouth would not work with a random card. You can go and get two key cards of course and still leave one in.

grunnie
8th November 2011, 08:36
I grouted the tiles in my kitchen with one of mine and then wiped it clean and used it the same day in Tesco to check it still worked:D

geishagirly
8th November 2011, 11:59
Typing your pin number into a really dirty cash machine that you dont want to touch!

meemo38
8th November 2011, 13:12
i have used other card before for keeping hotel lights on...and also used for grouting:D