PDA

View Full Version : What's on your Christmas list this year

Mosaic
12th November 2011, 18:43
My husband says I'm terrible to buy for as I nearly always take stuff back he buys me - but I don't really want a lot - I've got everything I need!
A loving husband, a loyal dog, great kids! (lol :eek::p) nice house, plenty to eat, so I count myself as being very lucky.

Only things I ever ask for are CD's - music is my passion :)
So this year I want:-

Snow Patrol - Fallen Empires
Florence & The Machine - Ceremonials
Darren Hayes - Secret Codes & Battleships
Razorlight - Up all Night
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (Golden oldie - got on vinyl & tape!)
Already bought myself the new Coldplay :)

Just one other thing - I would have loved to have said goodbye properly to my Dad & for him not to have been on his own when he departed this world. I know he didn't believe, but God bless & keep you anyway Dad xx

pugpete1108
12th November 2011, 20:13
I too like you have everything :)

But.... really want a new purse :)

Matty17r
12th November 2011, 20:17
All I want is a wallet to put all my loyalty cards and coupons in. Mine is falling to bits. The last one I bought in sainsburys is for business cards! Where do all the rest of you put all your vouchers, cards, etc. mine would never fit in a normal purse? We are lucky to have everything we need probably a lot to do with our money saving.

mummum123
12th November 2011, 20:46
same here, never want for anything, anf infact find buying for buyings sake just a crazy thing to do so get a bit cross when hubby does buy for me.

I would love to spend more time with my hubby just us away from the house without the children (sounds selfish I suppose) so would love for him to sort childcare out for 1 evening and him just take me to the boozer for a few halves of lager - I can dream though ha

mummytotwo
12th November 2011, 21:19
I do not really want/need anything./

What I would like for Christmas would be my Decrees Absolut but do not think that will be happening this year!

Dominic
13th November 2011, 09:41
All I'd like is for the house to cease being a building site and be finished and done! Maybe next year!

beckieboop
13th November 2011, 10:30
id like my bedroom decorating and my new wardrobes (which have been in boxes in the hall for six months) put up so i can hang my clothes up.... as for gifts, ive asked for a new dressing gown, warm pjs and slippers lol

WHITEGUINEAPIG
13th November 2011, 12:45
i am having money off mum and kids as we are doing house alterations as well

salsa
13th November 2011, 15:30
Like most there's not much I want or need , just a little something thoughtful from the kids, tbh honest got out of the habit of spending money on ourselves.

That said I have already had my xmas pressie - having had a lifelong problem with my weight I have just nagged hubbie for a treadmill under the guise of "it can be my xmas pressie!" rarely if ever spend this sort of money on myself.

KarenBB
13th November 2011, 16:42
Hope your treadmill gets more use than my exercise bike salsa.

We're really struggling this year with Christmas, I'd like a new paid of slippers as mine are a bit smelly - I could buy some but then they'd be nothing on my list. DH can't think of anything he wants, DD1 (18 in January) only wants a book and a welly puller and DD2 (17 in march) wants 1 dance game for the wii. It's so hard what to think about getting anyone. A few years ago DD said all she wanted for Christmas was for the family to come for Christmas. That's what christmas is all about.

geegely
13th November 2011, 16:46
I'm hopeless to buy for. Can never think of anything. I do however love buying presents and have lots of lovlies for dh and the kids this year. DD is desperate for a flute, she plays French Horn for the county youth orchestra and piano too, but I have always said that for now that is enough, so she is going to be over the moon! Can't wait to see her face. Have you seen the John Lewis Christmas advert? That will be me on the morning of Christmas Day, eagerly waiting to give her that! That advert made me cry and cry.....!!!

M123
14th November 2011, 13:19
I know how you all feel about pressies. The thing that gets me is when you know somone who has not much money and they buy you something that is innappropiate it's not just the sentiment it's the money they spend that they cannot afford that saddens me. It's no good telling them not to get you anything because they think " oh they don't mean it" But really I do mean it.
I know I know it sounds like I'm being ungrateful but the closer the person is to you who has bought this the sadder it makes me.
:noel:

britchic4
14th November 2011, 13:23
I've told DH not to buy me anything since we are getting a new TV and I want it more than him so it seems fair. Hoping my in-laws and parents might give me a bit of cash to put towards it but don't want to ask. I don't need anything else and I'm difficult to buy for - allergic to perfume, don't want smellies, shouldn't be eating chocolate, want to choose my own clothes....see i'm a nightmare!

avstar
14th November 2011, 13:32
Like most there's not much I want or need , just a little something thoughtful from the kids, tbh honest got out of the habit of spending money on ourselves.

That said I have already had my xmas pressie - having had a lifelong problem with my weight I have just nagged hubbie for a treadmill under the guise of "it can be my xmas pressie!" rarely if ever spend this sort of money on myself.

Oh I love my treadmill, I get some music on v loud (sorry neighbours) and I've got a TV in front of it with subtitles on, so I listen to music, watch TV and run/walk ...multi-tasking lol!

I'm getting a dressform (tailors dummy) for Xmas cos I've got back into sewing and making/designing clothes. It's going to live in the bedroom and scare the life out of me when I wake up in the night! :eek:

salsa
19th November 2011, 15:02
Oh I love my treadmill, I get some music on v loud (sorry neighbours) and I've got a TV in front of it with subtitles on, so I listen to music, watch TV and run/walk ...multi-tasking lol!

I'm getting a dressform (tailors dummy) for Xmas cos I've got back into sewing and making/designing clothes. It's going to live in the bedroom and scare the life out of me when I wake up in the night! :eek:

Off topic a bit and back to the treadmill - but I've decided that as I have the entire box set of friends - I thought I could watch 2 episodes (40 mins) in the morn whilst on treadmill and another 2 in the evening every day - should take me 6 days to get through one series and as there are 10 series thats 2 months of exercising!!

rach109
19th November 2011, 16:24
I'm hopeless to buy for. Can never think of anything. I do however love buying presents and have lots of lovlies for dh and the kids this year. DD is desperate for a flute, she plays French Horn for the county youth orchestra and piano too, but I have always said that for now that is enough, so she is going to be over the moon! Can't wait to see her face. Have you seen the John Lewis Christmas advert? That will be me on the morning of Christmas Day, eagerly waiting to give her that! That advert made me cry and cry.....!!!

isn't it lovely :love::star-smiley:

we are off to the Caribbean for xmas on a cruise,so that's our xmas present to each other really lol !

I do want a red bread bin though :laugh: which my Mum is going to buy I think

oh and I have just bought a Pauls Boutique bag & purse for the cruise.which can be my xmas present to myself .... had my eye on it for a while

Shimmer
19th November 2011, 18:36
Ipad 2 32gb is something I'd really love but at 479 & nowhere reducing (dixon/Currys told me prices set & Apple have told all stockist they are not allowed to reduce or discount) think I will be getting second choice of box sets Medium 5 & Medium 6.

flufff
24th November 2011, 01:22
I would like my health back and not to have chemo on 21st Dec.