PDA

View Full Version : How to maximise your Asda Price Guarantee

happyally
21st November 2011, 10:20
As an avid Asda wombler since the launch of their price guarantee scheme I have loved every moment. More recently I wombled a receipt which rewarded me with a ?24.59 voucher. In fact it was the weekend that Tesco stopped taking them and I remember rushing to spend it in Asda and then within half an hour was spending it again in Tesco trying to beat their 4pm close and the end of that generous policy.

That large find inspired me to start trying to maximise apg for myself and I am starting to get to grips with it. Last week I managed a large apg of ?37 odd (chocolates and whiskey, all cheaper in T) which I paid for mostly with wombled apgs. Suffice to say, the size of my voucher caused great commotion at the till - Gosh, that's a big one... OH had handed it over as payment and the SA blushed when she realised what she'd said. I smiled and told her only I was allowed to say that to him, lol.

Anyway, I digress. MSE doesn't have a specific apg thread and as it was pointed out to me I think it would probably turn into a bickering warzone as a lot do.

Is anyone onboard with me here to try and kick start a decent, helpful apg thread with a little banter thrown in? Anyone who posts must sign an invisble declaration that there will be no bickering, ok?! lol.

To kick start - last week (haven't yet checked today) the 70cl 12 yr old glenfiddich whiskey was ?32.97 in A and ?20 in T. A nice ?12.97 apg plus 10% and used a ?2 printable glenfiddich coupon).

There are bound to be other juicy ones like this on the run up to christmas.

Do hope this gets off the ground! Are you with me?

Dominic
21st November 2011, 10:55
The only time a JTD is really going to be beneficial is if you have store specific mocs or haven't got one or the other store nearby isn't it? In your example why not just buy it in the cheaper store using your coupon? I don't really get it, but happy to be educated!

I appreciate there is 10% back if it's Asda, and totally get the wombling potential.

happyally
21st November 2011, 11:22
Well yes Dom, I agree and know that I am lucky to have all the big supermarkets within a short drive and again the same option if I drive 10 miles north and 10 miles south. I also have the luxury of time and a lot of people think Im sad to spend so much time in a supermarket car park wombling. Ive been told several times to "get a life". Well, my answer is I have a life actually and this is the way that I choose to spend it. Who are you to judge? so s*d off! That usually stops them in their tracks! lol. From a personal point of view I have found couponning/wombling healing and a welcome distraction from an unhappy period.

I suppose I assume everyone dons an Orinoco suit like myself.

Even so, 10% is quite a substantial chunk. Also the ?5 bonus voucher (wys ?40) is back from 27th November up to christmas. I know Tesco are doing the same, but generally Ive found the whole price guarantee experience a lot nicer at Asda than Tesco. I do appreciate that that is not everyone's experience.

I still think new finds for a potential apg a useful thread.

I mentioned the whiskey before, also a lot of chocs were cheaper in T.

I bought Thorntons Classic collection, large box in A at ?12 (using apg vouchers) and got a ?5.50 plus 10% back. I also used a ?5 bonus voucher and various other mocs against other shopping.

Maybe I just like the satisfaction of pushing their promises.

Dominic
21st November 2011, 11:35
I think if it's something you need and would buy anyway, it's well worth it. I do feel though that most of us have slightly obsessive tendencies on here (me included) and the danger is you buy expensive items like the whisky, end up getting a quid or two back jtd without really stopping and thinking about the fact you've just spent ?13 over the odds to get ?1.30 back plus the rest is what you overspent (but its all in the form of a voucher so you've tied your money up).

We have some extra potential as a work scheme offers us Asda gift card top-ups at 5% off, so potentially 15% savings with the 10% guarantee.

I can't see any problem posting the products with big differences here, it's what the board is about - making savings!

Ultimately 10% in your hand is three or four times more than you'd get with your money in an instant access account leaving the money there for a year, so it's not to be sniffed at.

Dominic
21st November 2011, 11:43
Cadbury 120gm ?1.43 Asda, 93p Tesco

salsa
21st November 2011, 11:44
Wow - I'm just impressed you wombled a receipt that netted you ?24 back. I went down a couple of weeks ago but I was only really buying (don't laugh Dom!) Stella and I bought loads of reduced stuff but my receipt wasnt comparable to get the ?5 - Just as well I wombled one and got ?5 off from someone elses.

Didn't know the ?5 wys ?40 was coming back - they are really spoiling us these supermarkets - kinda blows morrisons out of the water really though cos it doesnt tie you in to shopping there every week.

ReFurb
21st November 2011, 11:51
Yes please - can I join? I am getting lots of my food free at the moment through the APG promotion and occasional womble (nowhere near ?24!!!). Only got into it a month or so ago but it is extremely addictive and lucrative. Now thinking of ramping up a bit to start on Xmas presents......

Can I start off with the following?

Play this walkers game until you win a free packet (don't take/print the 50p coupon) - may have to clear cookies if you don't win first time.

http://www.facebook.com/sensationscrisps?sk=app_247625465251954

Print coupon, include as one of your APG items. ?1.74 A and ?1 T

So free posh crisps and 74p towards your APG voucher (shame the crisps aren't all that but you can't have everything).

You can have as many free packets of crisps as you have e-mail addresses ....

Thanks Happyally - would love to hear other suggestions.

ReFurb
21st November 2011, 11:56
Velvet tissues ?1.50 A, ?1 T. 30p MOC from current box

Cheerios 600g ?2 A, ?1.37 T. 30p MOC. Actually, ?2 isn't such a bad price anyway for thee bigger box

MomaBee
21st November 2011, 14:57
I shop a lot in Asda and am always suprised if I get an APG but as I understand it only one of the four comparisons have to be under (even by a small amount) and you get an APG to make that up to 10% of all comparable items. One of mine a few weeks ago was only 20p less in Tesco but I got a voucher for ?2.5? plus the ?5 bonus. The bonus could be used as part of the ?40 spend and recycled to get the next bonus on ?40 iyswim so only spending ?30+ each time.

I have read the bonus is starting again, 24th i think they said. This time you will be able to use it in mutiples at the till one on ?40 two on ?80 etc.

Good time to start a thread, a little extra sport when shopping is fun. :D

happyally
21st November 2011, 15:58
Lovely to see support for this thread already! I really hope it takes off.

I know my wombled ?24 odd was as rare as chickens lips. In actualy fact it was only one item that made all the differnece - it was a tommee tippee steriliser, at the time it was ?46.99 in A and ?28.65 in Sainsburys. In fact when the receipt was processing at first I thought it said ?2.49 and thought that was a nice one. When it dawned on me it was ?24 I nearly fainted!

My next biggie was ?14, then a ?10 and several ?6 odds. Mostly they are an assortment of ?1 and under. That day with my wombled apg of nearly ?25 burning a hole in the purse I felt like Id won the lottery!

Great to see all the suggestions, keep em coming. Im going to work out my list later and will post what compares etc.

Im so pleased to see this getting viewed. :)

Mosaic
21st November 2011, 16:24
Well done for starting the thread happyally - it just goes to show what savings are still to be had with just a little effort!
I enjoy wombling too - though most of mine is done at Sainsburys now - I do get some funny looks rifling through the bins - but it amazing what other folk throw away - I've picked up 3 of the new till spits that give you money off your next shop!!

Mamzie
21st November 2011, 18:35
I used to love to womble when I was fitter and had more time, gave me a great buzz. you have fun Ally, and I will def be keeping an eye on this thread for ideas, xxx

charlie123
21st November 2011, 19:21
Ally is the wombling queen:)

My first womble resulted in ?12 ish plus ?5 bonus, which I proceeded to use in both A and T:) free money is always the best.

If you haven't signed up to asda baby club, you can print the free starter kits worth ?5.00 which bumps up total to reach the ?40 to get the ?5 off or to use it with.

I used this with 2 x free sensations, 2 x free cravendale(free milk friday)?5 bonus and APG. Paid ?15 and got back ?20.

As Dom said it is very easy to get carried away with buying stuff you don't really need.

I will only APG if I can get a list together with things that I normally buy and have mocs for to maximise it. It takes forever for my local to scan and process mocs, but SA's are very on the ball regarding APG's unlike tesco SA's with JTD.

I think there is a moc for anchor butter?? 2 for ?3.00 A 2 for ?2.00 T

One thing I like about APG is you get your voucher straight away when you enter it the following day unlike the constant waiting for emails from Price Check to come through or not find the receipt:rolleyes:

happyally
21st November 2011, 20:15
Ambi Pur National Geographic Japan Tatami (reed diffuser) is ?7 in A and cheapest at ?3.50 in S. You could try your luck with the Ambi Pur starter kit coupon on ssm for ?2 maybe :rolleyes:

Whiskas kitten (12 pouch) ?3.88 in A (use 2 x ?1.93 printable coupons) buy them both then for ?3.90. Cheapest is in W at 2 for ?5. apg back for ?2.76 plus 10%.

charlie123
21st November 2011, 20:50
Asda mag has moc in it for Flora cuisine 50p off A ?1.98 T ?1.32

elainemn
21st November 2011, 21:35
I have been buying 12 mullers. 61p each A, ?3 for 12 @ T. Nice to get them for ?2.70 & makes a nice chunk of the ?40.

Dominic
21st November 2011, 22:22
So a good point, helping you to get a ?5 voucher, as you are spending more, but getting the difference back plus 10% and easily getting the voucher. I am warming to this!

elainemn
22nd November 2011, 05:45
Also been buying jaffa cakes & diet coke (strange combo), avoiding the offers - seperate shop. These are both half price @ tesco so nice diff & 10% off.

charlie123
22nd November 2011, 06:37
jaffa and mullers for me too:) also bought some dolmio as bogof in t's

oldvicar
22nd November 2011, 07:23
I can see the headlines now:

"Ingenious shoppers flock to Asda"

mhoc
22nd November 2011, 07:42
I like the idea of this thread :D

Hopeless at wombling, our car parks are too clean and tidy. It would be great though to find a receipt for over ?40 if the ?5 scheme is starting again.

Ideally I have to spend ?10 at a time in Asda as mine gives you back 50p for parking. So I need to make a list of ?10 of things I need to buy in Asda, all of which I have MOCs for.

Just got back yesterday and I've not had a look at the printables thread yet to see what I've missed.

salsa
22nd November 2011, 08:00
I have been buying 12 mullers. 61p each A, ?3 for 12 @ T. Nice to get them for ?2.70 & makes a nice chunk of the ?40.

Hmm, I was gonna buy my mullers in tesco today, i have a ?70 shop to try and reach but this makes sense.

I also have a ?5 off wys ?40 at asda.

So, I have to find things in T's that are more expensive than asda and vice versa.

Nice to get the old grey matter working again !!!

Dominic
22nd November 2011, 08:06
Do Asda have the old 'item not found' trick that Tesco do so much?

Poundsinbucks
22nd November 2011, 08:30
Salsa, if I'm not mistaken, the Asda ?5 off ?40 coupons are only valid until 24 November, so don't leave it too late! I got rid of mine at the weekend :D.

Great thread Ally ;). Will keep an eye on this to see if anything comes along I would buy anyway.

Poundsinbucks x

ReFurb
22nd November 2011, 08:54
So, I have to find things in T's that are more expensive than asda and vice versa.

Nice to get the old grey matter working again !!!

It's not just T - S, M and W too. Plenty of scope to put a basket together to compare to the other supermarkets ...... I would generally hit on, say, Sainsburys top offers for the week and check them against Asda and usually there are a few things I buy anyway that have a plus price in Asda.

Dom - I think Asda run the scheme considerably better than Tesco. Never had any issues - quite often I don't get back what I was expecting but it has usually been for more so I don't understand how they do the calculations but have never been bothered to find out as overall I have gained. Never had a receipt lost in the system. I don't do a general shop at Asda - just a targeted APG shop. They also use MySupermarket to compare I think.

If we start posting our comparisons the same way we did for DTD we can get feedback on what works and doesn't. I have a few receipts to sort later and I'll post up the results.

Edit - another advantage of APG vs JTD is that you can use any number of APG vouchers in one shop (JTD was officially only one per shop although I did regularly use two or more on one shop).

melroccan
22nd November 2011, 09:31
Sacla sauce is on offer at the moment and pesto too so if you have the ?1 off pdf saved it is a good item to make the spend up to ?40, my husband normally hates sauces from a jar but loves this one. It goes nice with the tuna which was ?1 for 3 tins a couple of weeks ago and some nice pasta.

happyally
22nd November 2011, 09:58
There are quite a few seasoned apg-ers over on MSE but seeing how quickly these kind of threads descend into nastiness there, then locked or closed I thought it would probably suit a smaller group of friendlier souls on here. Ive found MSE very useful at times, but it does lack the commaraderie on here. I have to confess I am very weary of the "don't post this, don't post that, don't chat, several threads running at any one time situation, or those that hint that they have pm'd "friends" with info but refuse to post it like some of secret club over there or posting something which gets totally ignored. Nothing wrong with a bit of helpful banter after all and at the end of the day we are all here to save a few pounds.

I have found too that going to each supermarket's "top offers" on mysupermarket highlights the potential. Never mix and match offers from different supermarkets though.

Bytheway, I mentioned the whiskey (glenfiddich ?32.97 A and ?20 T) in my opening post - just to let you all know that I used apgs to make the purchase in the first place and the ?2 off printable moc so whiskey cost me pennies. I got a minimum of ?12.97 plus 10% from just that one item back. I have donated it to the school christmas fete as a nice raffle prize. I am I hope not suggesting that people buy expensive items just for the apg I was just highlighting how it can be done. I don't even like whiskey lol.

The ?5 bonus voucher is re-starting on the 27th to compete with Tesco's similar offer and I have heard that you can use more than one if you spend the right amount, i.e. 2 if you spend ?80. Pretty useful for christmas.

What we really need now are some nice new printable mocs on ssm to inspire us.

For this purpose never overlook or underestimate a coupon for a free item as this will top up your initial spend and you can always donate the item if you don't want it. The current hovis homebake vouchers (although I think its just disappeared off bis) are really helpful at ?1.65 each.

Think about this - Asda started this promotion way before Tesco started theirs and have held their dignity throughout. I would definately say that Asda have the upper hand. Tesco threw a hissy fit when people, shock horror, took advantage of their promotion. Sainsburys brand match is a bit ambiguous. Asda on the other hand have, in the main trained their staff well so there are no embarrassing moments at the till, you can use multiple apgs (or even get cash at c.s) and all the Asda I have been to have had photographs/posters of shoppers holding aloft their apg vouchers to further promote the offer. I imagine, like with all offers, their has been an element of abuse, one SA mentioned to me that someone had been in with photoshopped vouchers :eek: but overall they have taken it on the chin and are now happily giving away fivers too.

mhoc
22nd November 2011, 10:05
Also with Asda, on the few times I've had an APG voucher thye have always been careful to make sure you have the original receipt. Tesco till staff often seen to forget, I usually remind them but it makes you wonder how much abuse is going on and this may be why some stores become difficult - down to staff training as always.

At my local Asda if you have a pile of MOCs a TS has to be called to authorise them which takes ages, another reason to keep my shops small

MomaBee
22nd November 2011, 10:30
Just spoken to a customer service advisor at HO she read out an email which said the ?5 bonus starts Friday 25th Nov. and runs until Sun 11th Dec. The bonus voucher expiry date will be Sun 15th Jan. She didn't say anything about using multiples though.

I was going to shop Thursday but may as well wait a day. Good to hear different ways people are taking advantage.

MomaBee
22nd November 2011, 20:25
Have I killed the thread?

Checking coffee as we are running low. Nescafe Alta rica etc is currently ?3.98 A / 2.98 W

Dominic
22nd November 2011, 21:27
My first womble resulted in ?12 ish plus ?5 bonus, which I proceeded to use in both A and T:) free money is always the best.

Just reading back and found this. I am puzzled how you used a voucher in both stores? I didn't think Tesco took other stores vouchers and when they did I thought it was only the conditional spend ones, but anyway surely the first one you used it in would have taken it off you?

missmeggie1
22nd November 2011, 21:40
I've use the Asda one in Tesco (when they did take other stores' coupons), it counted the same as Cond S&S. You could use it in both if Tesco didn't mark the receipt, and in my case they didn't even ask for the receipt.

mummum123
22nd November 2011, 22:29
Just reading back and found this. I am puzzled how you used a voucher in both stores? I didn't think Tesco took other stores vouchers and when they did I thought it was only the conditional spend ones, but anyway surely the first one you used it in would have taken it off you?

I guess they mean the ?5 of ?40 spend and save voucher, i guess they printed it twice dom

Dominic
22nd November 2011, 22:36
I've use the Asda one in Tesco (when they did take other stores' coupons), it counted the same as Cond S&S. You could use it in both if Tesco didn't mark the receipt, and in my case they didn't even ask for the receipt.

I guess they mean the ?5 of ?40 spend and save voucher, i guess they printed it twice dom

Thanks guys

happyally
23rd November 2011, 19:20
Tesco definately accepted apgs. If you were lucky enough that your SA did not sign receipt at Asda there was no reason why you could not use it at T. I was particularly lucky because one of my fave T SA's did not even look at the receipt attached to the apg, just unstapled it and handed it back so I knew I could pretty much always use mine twice. Sadly a few weeks ago when they stopped accepting conditional spends this ended too.

October not a good month for couponners what with the historic "black friday" and then "halloween gloom".

Haven't had much time for wombling the last few days - am full of cold and am busy preparing for school christmas fete this weekend but I do hope am not flogging a :deadhorse: in hoping this thread keeps going.

Come on people...

Dont forget the new ?5 bonus will be starting next week. Lovely free fivers everyone...

charlie123
23rd November 2011, 19:49
I can only get to Asda at weekends so will tend to look for APG items on a friday, so still here supporting you Ally:)

May have to womble first to get a free ?5 though, got a ?20 APG burning a hole in my pocket:D

ReFurb
23rd November 2011, 20:00
Shopped in Asda today - ?42 shop reduced to ?17 with vouchers/APGs and aiming for a comparison with Morrisons. Hoping for approx ?10 back. Will try and post results tomorrow.

Does anyone know any easy way to copy and paste the results? I can only see a summary of the results for all stores together, and then the item by item comparison only for each store separately.

MomaBee
23rd November 2011, 21:05
I tried to copy and paste one of mine yesterday, made a complete hash of it, didn't really matter as eveything was cheaper in Asda but it is handy to know what regular items are being compared.

Comfort Pure 750ml is ?1T ?1S ?1.80A, handy to make it up to ?40 if you've got the pdf

mummum123
23rd November 2011, 21:40
I am following the thread happally, I have nothing to contribute atm but am watching

traceya89
23rd November 2011, 22:42
where is the best place to look for items in Asda more expensive than other supermarkets. i did think there might be a specific list?

elainemn
24th November 2011, 06:29
where is the best place to look for items in Asda more expensive than other supermarkets. i did think there might be a specific list?

I use my supermarket & shop in tesco on their offers & see look for items not on offer in asda.

MomaBee
24th November 2011, 09:24
I also use mysupermarket to do a normal Asda shop to see what things I can/must not buy to reach the ?40.

ReFurb
25th November 2011, 21:58
Shopped in Asda today - ?42 shop reduced to ?17 with vouchers/APGs and aiming for a comparison with Morrisons. Hoping for approx ?10 back. Will try and post results tomorrow.

Does anyone know any easy way to copy and paste the results? I can only see a summary of the results for all stores together, and then the item by item comparison only for each store separately.

Hi

Sorry, don't know how to post the results, but I got a ?14.xx APG voucher back from my ?17 spend. Was shopping for a birthday party - coke, 7 up, McCoys crisps, magnums, cadbury chocolate fingers - all cheaper at M.

Now looking for suggestions on how to use the ?14 APG - like the idea of the Muller yogs so shall start with those. Real shame that A do not sell Innocent veg pots.

Dominic
26th November 2011, 00:23
Hi

Sorry, don't know how to post the results, but I got a ?14.xx APG voucher back from my ?17 spend. Was shopping for a birthday party - coke, 7 up, McCoys crisps, magnums, cadbury chocolate fingers - all cheaper at M.

Now looking for suggestions on how to use the ?14 APG - like the idea of the Muller yogs so shall start with those. Real shame that A do not sell Innocent veg pots.

Are we really saying you could have bought those five items for ?4-5 at Morrisons but they cost ?17 at Asda?! They give the difference plus 10% yes? So surely that means a difference of about ?12-13 on a ?17 shop to get ?14 APG back?! Hard to believe.

ReFurb
26th November 2011, 01:52

No Dom. I posted the shop/spend earlier as above. It was a ?42 shop but I paid hard cash ?17 (after use of APGs and vouchers). Then got back a further ?14 APG. I assess what I have bought against that ?17 outlay, not the ?42 till price, and I am happy with what it achieves.

I think peeps underestimate how beneficial this promotion is. It takes a few "cycles" to recoup the intial investment (ie in Asda being overpriced) but thereafter it is free or low cost grocery shopping, as long as you are reasonably careful about cross-checking the prices of the products you buy and are happy to use MOCs. My Asda shop is for "perks" that bring treats to the family and is going a long way towards helping to plan for Xmas, but I still do my general grocery shopping at Morrisons.

If this is not for you then no worries, If I could find an easy way to post the full results would be happy to do so.

elainemn
26th November 2011, 06:49
I have jaffa cakes & rocky bars on my list today. These are BOGO (& jaffa cakes are checper as well as BOGO in tesco).

ReFurb
26th November 2011, 07:32
thanks Elaine - can't rep you at the moment.

Andrex 9 Roll - ?4.45 A and ?3.50 T.
Sacla Pesto - ?1.64 A and ?1.59 T. Not much of a difference but I will get quite a few jars and use the ?1 off MOCs and if it is my lucky day and the SA is scan happy then hopefully the 50p off MOCs at the same time.

mhoc
26th November 2011, 07:36
So do you use the Morrisons special offer leaflets, the ones that come with the free local weekend newspapers as a starting point for your Asda lists?

Or do you then acutally go into Morrisons to make sure your Asda list is correct?

I think the Asda v Morrisons shopping list must be the hardest to compile.

mhoc
26th November 2011, 07:39
thanks Elaine - can't rep you at the moment.

Andrex 9 Roll - ?4.45 A and ?3.50 T.
Sacla Pesto - ?1.64 A and ?1.59 T. Not much of a difference but I will get quite a few jars and use the ?1 off MOCs and if it is my lucky day and the SA is scan happy then hopefully the 50p off MOCs at the same time.

Both of these are good, both have print off MOCs.

This is what I have trouble with, trying to do a large Asda shop over ?40, using real money and a few MOCs to get the intial APGs so you can get a cycle of APS going - never lucky enough to womble anything.

elainemn
26th November 2011, 08:02

This is what I have trouble with, trying to do a large Asda shop over ?40, using real money and a few MOCs to get the intial APGs so you can get a cycle of APS going - never lucky enough to womble anything.

I try & womble a few each time I visit - I pop in most days as passing from work. I spend the small wombles then & keep the bigger ones for doing the ?40 shop. Once you get the initatl big one (alwayshave over ?10 from my planned shop) it is easy to do. Usually spend 15 real cash but make on the wombles & the ?5 bonus (which was wombled for first shop)..

ReFurb
26th November 2011, 08:11
So do you use the Morrisons special offer leaflets, the ones that come with the free local weekend newspapers as a starting point for your Asda lists?

Or do you then acutally go into Morrisons to make sure your Asda list is correct?

I think the Asda v Morrisons shopping list must be the hardest to compile.

Morrisons is my local and when I shop there I make a note of any headline offers and in particular for those products where I have a MOC. Then I will go and buy them in Asda instead! Works very well if product is also on offer in A as you are not paying out too much in the first place. Eg Cadbury Fingers in A ?1 is not a bad price, but 85p (89p?) in M, Also look for multibuys in M where, again, the base price is already low in A to keep spend down.

Obviously any MOC for a free product is a major bonus to make up eg a ?40 spend. I will get some free Dr Pepper for this - can't stand the stuff but will give to a colleague at work.

I tend to stick to branded goods only when using APG, which is a major change in my shopping habits.

MomaBee
26th November 2011, 08:33

This is what I have trouble with, trying to do a large Asda shop over ?40..........

DVDs etc also count towards the ?40, well they did, still need 8 comparable products.

Dominic
26th November 2011, 08:43
I think for me (full time worker with a house to do up) its just too much hassle tbh. I like the stuff where I can spend "relax" time doing research online on here and when they did the list of compared prices we could copy and paste to a spreadsheet) - that's where DTD price check scored for me - and get a more or less guaranteed return.

Hunting out mocs then looking for abandoned receipts and visiting several stores before buying stuff is too hit and miss and time consuming for me to be honest.

Good luck to those who have the time and inclination though!

happyally
26th November 2011, 10:30
Thanks to Refurb for all lovely contributions. Im afraid Ive been off duty full of cold and to be honest the last couple of days Ive spent wombling at Morrisons (am on course for 5 x ?25 vouchers now with wombles).

Yes, as refurb has posted - definately underestimated how apg can help bring in the treats.

Dom, I am sure there are plenty of other threads that you can get your teeth into then as this seems so not for you.

I love it though and it would seem others are slowly converting. The free fiver either starts today or tomorrow. So wombles away...

Definately the mullers - each variety counts as 1 of your 8. Remember to buy 12 in Asda!

660g boxes of thorntons classic are still comparing ?12 A and ?5.50 in T.

On the flip-side the famous names signature collection (which gave an apg a week ago) is now best to buy in T as they are ?6.50 in T and 3 for ?10 in A. Buy 3 in T and get ?9.50 back.

Off to school christmas fete in a minute - wouldn't it be embarrassing if I won my whisky back (courtesy of apg)?

Made in Devon
26th November 2011, 12:32
Brilliant thread Ally...x

MomaBee
29th November 2011, 10:05
Wagg bunny brunch saved me this time. Only five of my products compared at Sainsburys but the bunny brunch was 60p cheaper so I got a voucher for ?1.87 (plus the ?5) which was the difference between my Asda shop and Waitrose.

I bought products I would normally buy with a few extra bits of produce (bananas, grapes) to make sure I had the 8 to compare and the one thing on offer I bought I put through seperately.

happyally
30th November 2011, 15:06
victoria biscuits (in a box) 400g, ?5.96 in A and ?3 in T
Guylian seashells ?5 in A and ?3 in T
Knorr stock cubes, veg or chicken (20s) b2g1f in T and ?2.88 each in A. Buy 3 in A
Schwartz herbs & spices, ?1.12 and upwards each in A and b2g1f in T so buy 3 in A.
Lynx shower gels (feve) ?2.37 in A and ?1 in A.
Colgate sensitive whitening toothpaste ?2 in A and ?1 in T.
Thorntons classic 600g chocolates, ?12 in A and ?5.50 in T.

charlie123
30th November 2011, 20:35
Have you found any wombles Ally?:)

Looks like I will be off work on Friday so will venture to Asda then, so thanks for the shopping list bits Ally:)

Poundsinbucks
30th November 2011, 23:45
I am not very good with the APG thing as I just buy the things in Asda that are cheapest there IYKWIM but just a reminder, the ?5 off ?40 has started again! And with buying the odd present here and there you can reach ?40 quite easily. DS had Skyrim PS3 on his wishlist, Asda was cheapest place to buy it from (?39.97), so lugged my basket with at least 8 different grocery items to the Games/CDs/DVDs desk and paid for it all over there, so my total was over ?40. Now have a ?5 off ?40 voucher for my next shop, which I'll make sure is over ?45 to keep the cycle going. (If you just get ?40 worth, and use your ?5 voucher, your new total is not enough to get another ?5 off ?40.) I need some printer cartridges, they will bump up my total nicely ;) and I have to buy these anyway. So will try and space my shops in such a way to make the most of this campaign, rather than spend ?10 every couple of days, will spend ?40 twice a week in the run up to Christmas. Wine is another one to bump up the total, and would buy some anyway. HTHS.

Poundsinbucks x :)

mummum123
1st December 2011, 06:49
Just for info pounsinbucks you don't need to spend ?45 to keep the cycle going just ?40 will do x

hippygirl
1st December 2011, 08:02
'On the flip-side the famous names signature collection (which gave an apg a week ago) is now best to buy in T as they are ?6.50 in T and 3 for ?10 in A. Buy 3 in T and get ?9.50 back.'

They are still cheaper in As tho - so unless you really love going to Ts as well as As, just have 2 lists - one for stuff the same or more expensive in As to get your APG and then one for stuff that is cheaper in As anyway - if it comes to more than ?40 (which it might if you're buying booze, pressies etc, then you'll get another ?5 voucher, which you can use at the same time as your APG voucher. I just keep the 2 lots of stuff separate in the trolley and put them through separately.

melroccan
1st December 2011, 09:28
YOP is on BOG2F in Tesco, will that work for APG?

happyally
1st December 2011, 10:06
Can't find the T offer on yop on mysupermarket - only showing that sains have them 3 for ?2. Haven't checked each online groceries sites though. Will report back later.

4 pack of Heinz cream of tomato soup is ?2.80 in A and ?2 in T
Napolina ex virgin olive oil (1litre) is ?6.39 in A and ?3.24 in T

Here's a nice little womble I picked up last night - beautifully wombling weather here yesterday, breezy, just wet enough for them to stick around not turn into paper mache on the tarmac. Have lost a stone (5 more to go though so no applause - yet!) but already making me a little quicker than the litter picker/trolley lads so am pleased for that benefit. In fact I wombled around ?18 worth and 2 x bonus fivers yesterday in about half an hour. It was a good wombling day for me. Most of them were about a week old (tuck ed behind flora & fauna around the recycling bin area) so many offers/comparables may be old news now but this one was only yesterday's date so current. It compared best against Morrisons. voucher for me ?6.06. Just to show what compares.

Asda Morrisons
0.36 x ASDA Carrots by Weight (100g) ?0.29 ?0.28
0.77 x ASDA Swede by Weight (100g) ?0.65 N/A
0.4 x ASDA Sprouts by Weight (100g) ?0.59 ?0.71
0.48 x ASDA Parsnips by Weight (100g) ?0.60 ?0.69
1 x ASDA Cauliflower Loose ?0.64 ?0.84
1 x Heinz Baked Beanz in Tomato Sauce (1kg) ?1.93 ?1.00
1.89 x ASDA Beef Roasting Joint Large by Weight (100g) ?8.39 N/A
2 x 7 Up Free (2L) ?2.50 ?2.00
2 x John West Tuna Chunks in Brine (3x185g) ?6.00 N/A
1 x Princes Corned Beef Reduced Salt (340g) ?2.23 ?2.48
1 x ASDA Free Range Mixed Weight Eggs (15) ?2.50 N/A
1 x Napolina Chopped Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (4x400g) ?3.50 ?2.44
1 x The Famous Grouse Scotch Whisky (1L) ?18.97 ?18.29
1 x Andrex Warm Natural Toilet Tissue Rolls (9) ?4.46 ?4.49
2 x Kleenex Balsam Fresh Tissues Regular ?4.76 N/A
1 x ASDA Extra Special Cantabrian Anchovy Fillets ?2.48 ?2.49
1 x ASDA Boneless Chicken Thigh Fillets (515g) ?3.38 N/A
2 x ASDA Unsmoked Back Bacon Rashers (10 per pack) ?4.00 N/A

Comparison total
(compared products only) ?38.19 ?35.71

Would it be useful if I posted good wombled find comparison details? Don't want to clog up the thread with useless carp if not helpful.

What do you think?

mama udro
2nd December 2011, 18:10
Happyally I would really appreciate you posting comparison details as I am struggling to see the benefits of this and know I am missing out.

From what I see the APG is only worthwhile if you really need the products to begin with as it allows you to buy them at the cheapest price.

I just entered my first Asda receipt to be checked to find only 68p difference to Tesco and a whole load of items which are not applicable to be compared.

I dont understand how there is any real saving beyond the ?5 voucher & the time it saves you in not having to visit Tesco.

I would love someone to point out what I am missing and enlighten me

Many thanks

Dominic
2nd December 2011, 19:17
Happyally I would really appreciate you posting comparison details as I am struggling to see the benefits of this and know I am missing out.

From what I see the APG is only worthwhile if you really need the products to begin with as it allows you to buy them at the cheapest price.

I just entered my first Asda receipt to be checked to find only 68p difference to Tesco and a whole load of items which are not applicable to be compared.

I dont understand how there is any real saving beyond the ?5 voucher & the time it saves you in not having to visit Tesco.

Many thanks

Glad it's not just me then!

happyally
2nd December 2011, 20:34
You've made your point Dom!

I happen to think apg has potential or I wouldn't have bothered starting a thread.

12 packs jaffa cakes are 2 for 1 in T and ?1.12 in A. Buy 2 in A.

Dominic
2nd December 2011, 20:53
It's not about making my point, it's that I have asked questions and tried to understand the benefits and failed. I was made to feel I was the awkward one for expressing that. I was merely commenting that it is nice to see others feel as I do and maybe I am not such an odd one out on this as I was made to feel I was. Still waiting to see what is so good about deliberately spending more than you need, so that you can get that money back in a voucher plus a few pence (10%)

I'm sorry that is such a bad opinion to have!

MomaBee
2nd December 2011, 23:05

Many thanks
It's the ?5 bonus that really swings it for me. I aim to do a normal(ish) shop making sure I don't buy any obvious blunders when aiming for the apg.

I have not been able to work it exactly, there's too many variables for me to track. But somehow as someone said earlier it usually does and often comes back with a refund.

I wouldn't do it without the bonus, unless I could womble some receipts to have a practise run.

heatherks
2nd December 2011, 23:17

I Found this with Tesco yesterday when i did a price check 5 items(i know asda also sold ) came back 6 item N/A

had proplem with APC today as it said i didnt qualify as only had 8 items on receipt i had 13 diferrent items ...can't win

mama udro
3rd December 2011, 09:55
My post was not to upset anyone but genuinely to find out what I was missing out on.

Thanks Dom for your confirmation although the ?5 voucher is certainly worthwhile and the posts to advise what items are included in the APG and how many to buy is helpful if I want to buy them.

Gives me a good excuse to shop elsewhere and know I am getting the cheapest price but am disappointed there are so many items not included.

walter2003
3rd December 2011, 17:59
Gives me a good excuse to shop elsewhere and know I am getting the cheapest price but am disappointed there are so many items not included.

If you use the mysupermarket website, there is very little chance of going wrong. Also, if there is any problem with the APG, I ring up the APG CS and I have been refunded the difference with ASDA giftcard on 2 separate occasions when mysupermarket messed up. HTH.

happyally
4th December 2011, 12:01
Asda first price, T second
1 x PG Tips Pyramid Tea Bags (160 per pack - 500g)?4.25?3.00
2 x McVitie's Jaffa Cakes (12 per pack - 141g)?2.30?1.05
2 x McVitie's Digestive Biscuits (500g)?2.10?1.70
1 x KP Hula Hoops - Original Sharing Bag (160g)?1.74?1.00
1 x Nestle Shredded Wheat Honey Nut (500g)?1.98?1.50
2 x Bassett's Liquorice Allsorts (600g)?6.00 ?4.00
1 x Kellogg's Krave Milk Chocolate (375g)?2.68 ?2.00
1 x Kellogg's Krave Chocolate Hazelnut (375g)?2.68 ?2.00
1 x Ferrero Rocher (200g)?4.00 ?3.00
1 x Colgate Max Fresh Cool Mint Toothpaste Tube (100ml) ?1.70 ?1.00
2 x Mini Babybel Full Fat Semi Soft Cheese (6x20g)?3.56 ?1.78

ReFurb
4th December 2011, 22:53
2 x Magnum 3 pk - ?4.98 A, ?3 T (from tomorrow)
Walls Cornish Vanilla ice-cream 1.5kg. ?3.49 A, ?1.74 T (from tomorrow)

Even better for APG if you have a ?1 MOC or two.

Dettol no-touch thingys - ?10 A, ?5 T and there is a ?3 MOC

ReFurb
11th December 2011, 09:16
Domestos 2l ?2.92 at A, only ?1.92 if you have the ?1 MOC. ?1.46 T.

16p a litre after APG.

elainemn
11th December 2011, 16:31
Domestos 2l ?2.92 at A, only ?1.92 if you have the ?1 MOC. ?1.46 T.

16p a litre after APG.

Excellent thanks.Wish I had the MOC. Still a good buy anyway as use loads of bleach.

happyally
11th December 2011, 19:07
the glenfiddich is back up to ?32.97 in A. Tesco offer finishes on tuesday but it is still cheaper at S until the new year. A nice juicy ?12.97 apg plus 10%.

Good if you have the ?2 glenfiddich pdf coupon and want to buy it for christmas (yourself or prezzie)

Poundsinbucks
14th December 2011, 18:28
never mind, deleted post.

walter2003
20th December 2011, 16:29
ASDA vs Morrisons
-------------------
1 x ASDA Cherry Tomatoes (400g) ?1.20 ?1.00
1 x Olivio Sunflower Olive Oil (1L) ?2.99 ?2.00
1 x Walkers Crisps - Meaty Variety (24x25g) ?4.37 ?3.00
2 x Caribbean Twist Pina Colada (700ml) ?4.40 ?3.68
1 x Dettol 4in1 Bathroom Cleaner Spray (500ml) ?2.49 ?2.40
1 x Kellogg's Krave Milk Chocolate (375g) ?2.68 ?2.00
1 x Kellogg's Krave Chocolate Hazelnut (375g) ?2.68 ?2.00

Not my shopping list, a wombled one :-)

elainemn
27th December 2011, 15:53
Hi,
HAs anyone tried the 10 Muller for ?2 (Morrisons) compaire to Asda? Looks like a good one to max the ?40 to use a ?5 off ?40 if it works. A bit wary as the BOG2F chocks were not matches a few weeks ago on the Roses/Heroes deal & had to ring Asda House to get difference.

walter2003
14th January 2012, 08:40
Items for APG - ASDA vs Tesco

2 x ASDA Smoked Back Bacon Thick Cut Rashers (6 per pa... ?5.32 ?4.00
1 x Coca Cola Zero (8x330ml) ?2.00 ?1.75
0.88 x ASDA Comice Pears by Weight (100g) ?1.73 ?0.44
2 x ASDA Eden Falls Natural Mineral Water Still (2L) ?0.80 ?0.70
1 x ASDA Salad Tomatoes (6) ?0.85 ?0.80
1 x Toblerone Bar (100g) ?1.20 ?1.00

MomaBee
14th January 2012, 10:10
Thank you Walter

Theres also the Pataks sauces ?1.76 A 88p T which used to compare but I'll have to confirm in a couple of days.

walter2003
14th January 2012, 13:03
Thank you Walter

Theres also the Pataks sauces ?1.76 A 88p T which used to compare but I'll have to confirm in a couple of days.

All the Patak's cooking sauces, except Pasanda variant, compare. Also the Ragu sauces are half-price @ Tesco. Some flavours like Onion and Garlic do not compare though. HTH.

elainemn
14th January 2012, 13:51
I had an amazing one yesterday. 4 seriously strong cheddar compared ?16 A, ?2.80 T. Not sure why. Expects about ?15 back but ended up with ?21. Used oit today with a last ?5 off ?40 to use so bought 8 today. See what it brings back tomorrow. Even if it does not work the same, our favourite cheese for ?1.80 & bb date end March. Fingers crossed.

2 x Nestle Munch Bunch Fromage Frais Variety Apricot, ... ?2.00 ?1.40
1 x Petits Filous Frubes (9x40g) ?1.00 ?1.00
2 x Muller Light Fat Free Assorted Chocolate Yogurts (... ?4.00 ?3.28
1 x Muller Light Toffee & Vanilla Yogurt Fat Free (6x1... ?2.00 ?1.64
3 x Arla 1% Fat Fresh Milk (2L) ?2.61 N/A
2 x Uncle Ben's Express Long Grain Rice (250g) ?3.36 ?1.68
2 x Uncle Ben's Express Basmati Rice (250g) ?3.36 ?1.68
2 x McCain Oven Chips (907g) ?2.00 ?2.00 (used 50p MOC)
1 x Goodfella's Thin Margherita Pizza (345g) ?2.50 ?1.34
4 x Seriously Strong White Cheddar (400g) ?16.00 ?2.80

Comparison total (compared products only) ?37.30 ?18.02

ReFurb
14th January 2012, 14:15
I had an amazing one yesterday. 4 seriously strong cheddar compared ?16 A, ?2.80 T. Not sure why. Expects about ?15 back but ended up with ?21. Used oit today with a last ?5 off ?40 to use so bought 8 today. See what it brings back tomorrow. Even if it does not work the same, our favourite cheese for ?1.80 & bb date end March. Fingers crossed.

Thank you - won't let me rep. Will try the cheese!

Also will stock up on a few Branston beans 4 pack - ?2 A and ?1.25 T (or ?1.27 S).

For anyone doing a Sainsbury comparison, Nature Valley Bars ?2.39 A, ?1.19 S

MomaBee
14th January 2012, 14:20
All the Patak's cooking sauces, except Pasanda variant, compare. Also the Ragu sauces are half-price @ Tesco. Some flavours like Onion and Garlic do not compare though. HTH.

Thats good news, I used them as a bulk item to make sure Tesco was cheaper as they are something we use anyway. Sorry, can't rep you again.

elainemn
14th January 2012, 17:04
Thank you - won't let me rep. Will try the cheese!

Also will stock up on a few Branston beans 4 pack - ?2 A and ?1.25 T (or ?1.27 S).

For anyone doing a Sainsbury comparison, Nature Valley Bars ?2.39 A, ?1.19 S

Need to buy the cheese in 2's as BOGOF Tesco.

elainemn
15th January 2012, 06:31
Only got the correct amount back on seriously strong cheese today. Still a good offer.

charlie123
15th January 2012, 07:20
Only got the correct amount back on seriously strong cheese today. Still a good offer.

This glitch has happened before to people on MSE - all abit random.

When using APG's, has any one had the amount questioned??

I've just entered a targetted shop and have got ?26 back (paid ?15 after apg,?5 and mocs). If I use this on another targetted shop the APG will increase to ?30+.

jacand
15th January 2012, 10:12
This glitch has happened before to people on MSE - all abit random.

I've just entered a targetted shop and have got ?26 back (paid ?15 after apg,?5 and mocs). If I use this on another targetted shop the APG will increase to ?30+.

This has happened to me a few times, to bring the balance back down buy an item of clothing and then take it back without the receipt. They give you a gift card then. This has worked for me.

walter2003
15th January 2012, 17:58

Usually they do not question the amount. They can check instore as to the veracity of the APG. If you foresee problems, why not carry a printout of the comparison results.

ReFurb
16th January 2012, 10:00
APG vs Sainsbury

Princes Orange/Apple Juice 1l - ?1.10 A (or 2 for ?2) - 55p each at S
Birds Eye Mini Waffles big bag (900g) - ?2.98 A, ?1.75 S
Dove Shampoo/Cond - ?2.32 A, ?1.16 S (?1 MOC Unilever VIP Facebook)
Aunt Bessie 12 Chicken Yorkshires - ?1.64 A, ?1 S (50p MOC)

APG vs Tesco

Heinz fridge pack 1KG ?1.93 A, ?1 T
Dove Shampoo ?2.32 A, ?1.16 T (?1 MOC)
Schwartz packet sauces/mixes - 98p A, 49p T
Aunt Bessie 12 Chicken Yorkshires - ?1.64 A, ?1 T (50p MOC)

MomaBee
16th January 2012, 11:29
ES lincolnshire saus Asda ?2 Tesco 2 for ?3.

Philadelphia (300g) A?1 T98p

Wagon wheels A?1 T 84p/74p

walter2003
17th January 2012, 18:20
Here is a tasty one for APG:

1 x Warburtons Tasty White Bread (600g) ?1.00 ?0.10

Dominic
17th January 2012, 20:12
Here is a tasty one for APG:

1 x Warburtons Tasty White Bread (600g) ?1.00 ?0.10

Who is selling it for 10p????

Dominic
17th January 2012, 20:19
Can I just clarify, because whilt we have shopped there and input receipts and got vouchers, I don't really understand it still!

I know they compare against Tesco, Morrisons, Waitrose and Sainsburys. But do they compare the whole shop at each, or do they give you the difference on each cheaper item wherever it may be?

Eg Item A is same price M, T, W but 50p less at Sainsburys
Item B is same in M, T, S but 50p less at Waitrose
Item C is same in T, W, S but 50p less in Morrisons

etc....

Would it work out the best place to buy per item and refund the difference plus 10% on each item, or would it just work out doing the whole shop at each store and just refund the difference plus 10% at the one with the cheapest shop in total?

Hard to explain but say 8 items total bought. They could each be cheaper different items 2 items per Sainsbury, Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons. Would you get difference on all 8 or just the 2 at the one store with the biggest saving?

Poundsinbucks
17th January 2012, 20:52
As I understand it Dom, they look at your shop in total. And you need the minimum of 8 different items don't forget. But if Asda was not cheaper by at least 10% they give you a voucher for the difference. Does that help?

I hardly ever get a voucher because I mainly use their offers when I am in Asda, like 2x 4pt milk for ?2 etc.

Poundsinbucks x :)

Polo
17th January 2012, 20:59
Can I just clarify, because whilt we have shopped there and input receipts and got vouchers, I don't really understand it still!

I know they compare against Tesco, Morrisons, Waitrose and Sainsburys. But do they compare the whole shop at each, or do they give you the difference on each cheaper item wherever it may be?

Eg Item A is same price M, T, W but 50p less at Sainsburys
Item B is same in M, T, S but 50p less at Waitrose
Item C is same in T, W, S but 50p less in Morrisons

etc....

Would it work out the best place to buy per item and refund the difference plus 10% on each item, or would it just work out doing the whole shop at each store and just refund the difference plus 10% at the one with the cheapest shop in total?

Hard to explain but say 8 items total bought. They could each be cheaper different items 2 items per Sainsbury, Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons. Would you get difference on all 8 or just the 2 at the one store with the biggest saving?

Seems daft replying to you on here :love: but as you asked here and not me lol. I'm fairly certain - if you read back through this thread, it says to split your shop into comparisons, so we need to do one against sainsburys, one against tescos and one against morrisons for example, in order to maximise the profit :clap2:

Dominic
17th January 2012, 21:00
Ok cheers for the clarification. I'm struggling because I want something that I know is cheaper in Sainsburys, something else that's cheaper in T's....! So it's at this point I lose interest in planning a shop and I guess just hope for the best!

walter2003
17th January 2012, 21:27
Who is selling it for 10p????

Sorry for leaving out the crucial point, Mr.T :D

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/asda-compare-prices/bread/warburtons_tasty_white_bread_600g.html

ReFurb
17th January 2012, 21:38
Hi

Thanks for this one - will keep an eye on it but currently shows as out of stock for me on MSM so won't compare?

hippygirl
17th January 2012, 21:43
No, I don't think it matters that its showing out of stock for you, because that depends on stock at your local store, but Asda don't know who is your local store - they are just checking against current listed prices, regardless of availability.

firtree
19th January 2012, 10:43
This one was a nice surprise

2 x 5kg Akash basmati rice for ?9 (?7.97 per bag individually) at A

On comparison site it compares pre multi offer price ie ?15.94

At T it's ?12 a bag so diff = ?3.94

So ?4.33 back on a purchase of 10kg of rice which I paid out ?9 for

Made in Devon
18th September 2012, 21:15
Do you think this thread should be merged with the current APG thread - so much great information and advice but over two threads

Dominic
18th September 2012, 22:53
I'll ask the question!

RainyDayBox
19th September 2012, 10:02
There is some awesome advice on here! Thanks MID for bumping it xx

tyroleandancer
19th September 2012, 10:06

That shows this 342 241 glitch has been going on for a long time

RainyDayBox
19th September 2012, 10:28
Hmmm. Food for thought.

fluffybunny2
19th September 2012, 13:16
just a quick suggestion....over on mse they arent including the words Asda or APG or anything in the title. I think its to deter the powers that be from picking up on whats going on. they also change the thread every few days as well. they also , most of the time, dont say asda, they say sada...

it seems to be working as its been going on for a good while and Martin on MSE hasnt included it in his weekly email....

could we maybe change the thread title to not include Asda or APG?

fluffybunny2
19th September 2012, 13:24

holy sheet! That goes back to January :eek:

tyroleandancer
19th September 2012, 13:30
holy sheet! That goes back to January :eek:

I know!!! long glitch :lol:

RainyDayBox
19th September 2012, 14:11
They will find the threads even if we hide them. Their own employees shop too. They are aware of all the stuff that goes on, they just, for wahetver reason, can't fix this one easily.

Georgie
19th September 2012, 15:25
I dont think it's a problem if the ordinary employees that work there find threads as they are poorly paid and probably broke like us, and just want to do the same things so will keep it quiet so as to partake.

The real problems come about when Senior Management or IT Departments stumble upon the info, that's when things either seems to be fixed or just pulled altogether if they find they are losing more than they are gaining.

Dominic
19th September 2012, 15:45
It's the huge increases in amount of APG's being processed by head office that will get spotted and acted on far more than any threads on here or MSE. And someone is going to mention Asda or APG on the thread somewhere.

RainyDayBox
19th September 2012, 15:46
They know exactly where to look. Making it harder for them is perfectly fine though :)

avstar
19th September 2012, 16:13
Good grief, so as suspected the glitch has been around for aaaages, long may it continue...altho I'm treating each day like the last LOL!

Sarah7
19th September 2012, 18:08

Yeah, well spotted... looks like the Nestle Munch Bunch Fromage Frais Variety Apricot and the cheese matched together! :D

I guess it's not usual to deliberately buy cheap products and expensive products together for an offer... savvy shoppers would be more likely to choose multibuy items at similar prices, of course, so in a way it's understandable that it's taken awhile to be noticed, at last being discovered mostly thanks to coincidences like that one!

uklego
20th September 2012, 07:45
I'll ask the question!

Is Dom short for Dom the dominant :eyebrows:

Dominic
20th September 2012, 08:02
Is Dom short for Dom the dominant :eyebrows:

I merely asked if they should be merged by doing a 'report' but as it's not been done I assume the answer is 'no' lol.

Petermo
20th September 2012, 14:05
As the other thread is nearing 1000 posts when it slows down perhaps it should be closed and people referred to this one?

Dominic
20th September 2012, 15:46
I think the idea/hope is to have different threads for each competitor shop. If not then this one would do but needs renaming really as 'maximising' the APG is only one facet of it. Some people want to keep them small! Really it doesn't matter as long as we all know where to post, but it would be less confusing to have one for each store as several people have mucked up by mixing a shop between competitors

M123
20th September 2012, 15:54
It's the huge increases in amount of APG's being processed by head office that will get spotted and acted on far more than any threads on here or MSE. And someone is going to mention Asda or APG on the thread somewhere.
I was wondering whether these APG's are directly going to ASD?? Because when you spend these on the bottom of your receipt it says.....Manufactures coupon ??? Perhaps they are going elsewhere first ??
Just a thought ?

walter2003
20th September 2012, 16:22

Yes, I think it has been happening for months now. I remember buying Schwartz spices on BOGOF offer way back sometime last year. I had bought saffron and vanilla pods which were much higher priced than the others and it had done the comparison at a lower price. I don't think it was happening on all 342 and 241 offers, only some obscure ones. But, now I think it is happening on all these offers. Last time they had the VAT glitch, it took almost 2-3 weeks for them to rectify that and then they offered refund of the extra amount. I have a feeling they must be having the same software contractor as Tesco DTD :D